After yesterday’s purge of the blue, Steve Tambellini’s 10-11 cap space is in much better condition. The team is a mess, but they should be able to shoehorn any and all players available to them onto a sub-cap team. Here’s a look at the Oilers opening night 10-11 (with the caveat that things will obviously change and that we’re estimating some salaries based on logic and reason).
- GOAL: Khabibulin (3.75M); Deslauriers (1.1M-est)
- BLUE: Souray (5.4M); Gilbert (4M); Whitney (4M); Smid (1.3M); Chorney (.942M); Peckham (.700M-est); Aaron Johnson (.600M-est)
- CENTER: Seguin (3.75M-est); Gagner (3.0M-est); Horcoff (5.5M); Pouliot (.850M-est); Potulny (1.2M-est)
- LEFT WING: Penner (4.25M); O’Sullivan (2.925M); Moreau (2M); Cogliano (1.45M-est); Ryan Jones (.975M)
- RIGHT WING: Hemsky (4.1M); Nilsson (2M); Brule (2.25M-est); Eberle (1.187M)
I’ve excluded Stortini (.700M) because there are too many players and he seems to be the odd man out lately. I can’t imagine he won’t make next year’s team but he’s not playing so seemed like the logical one to delete.
Cap total for the roster is $57,229,000 which is just under the estimated cap for next season. This is going to be an expensive travesty.