The deeper we get into summer the more I wonder if the Oilers believe their best defensive options are in-house.
Quoting an article I posted at ON earlier this month:
Martin Lundén has been a valuable resource for Oiler fans over the piece and continues to bring information miles before the rest. He was so far in front of the Klefbom signing seasons changed, and now he has some new information that may impact the big club in 12-13.
- Lundén:According to sources who’ve talked to Klefbom the Oilers have tried to persuade Klefbom, offering him a spot on the Oilers roster with guaranteed ice-time, a guarantee that the highly thought of Schultz didn’t receive (or so they say). Klefbom have yet to make up his mind, saying “it’s obviously a lucrative offer” that “makes you think” but “nothing is decided yet and I’ve asked them for more time to make a final decision”.
So, we have a few possible options now:
- Oilers are waiting for everyone to return from holidays to add.
- Oilers are waiting for new CBA to see if something shakes loose.
- Oilers are getting good info on Ryan Whitney’s summer.
- Oilers were so impressed with Klefbom at camp they think he can play–at least a little–in the NHL next season.
What say you? Is this something that seems reasonable?