I’m well into my RE series estimates these days (you’ll see them roll out beginning next week, still thinking about the artist) but thought it might be fun to discuss what I’m thinking and see if anyone agrees.
- How many rookies will we see? Three. Draisaitl, Pitlick and the Finn, Iiro Pakarinen.
- No Klefbom? No Klefbom.
- Why? Oilers hired Aulie and he’s a big guy. Klefbom is a better player, but they’ll scuff about with Aulie for awhile.
- WHY? Marlie.
- Oh. Are they better? Think so. I have them scoring more goals this season, and you’ll just have to see about the goaltending.
- How much does Draisaitl play? I have him playing a lot, not 82 games but he gets his chances.
- Will he get Calder consideration? No, he won’t play enough.
- What about Arco? I think he gets squeezed more than you’d like, especially as the season wears on.
- What about Yak? Think of it as a transitional season.
- Who emerges? Well, Hall has a fine year, Nuge is healthy and has the look of 2011-12, and Pouliot rocks it.
- Does Pouliot play center? No. I’ll leave that for the experts.
- Who is the MVP? Craig Ramsay.
- No pressure, huh? None.
- Are the Oilers are playoff team? No. But they’re better, I swear.
OILERS 2014-15 PROJECTED
|LEFT WING||CENTER||RIGHT WING|
|TAYLOR HALL||RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS||JORDAN EBERLE|
|DAVID PERRON||LEON DRAISAITL *||TEDDY PURCELL|
|BENOIT POULIOT||MARK ARCOBELLO||NAIL YAKUPOV|
|MATT HENDRICKS||BOYD GORDON||TYLER PITLICK*|
|ANTON LANDER||IIRO PAKARINEN*|
|LEFT DEFENSE||RIGHT DEFENSE|
|MARTIN MARINCIN||JEFF PETRY|
|NIKITA NIKITIN||MARK FAYNE|
|ANDREW FERENCE||JUSTIN SCHULTZ|