OILERS AT KINGS, G78 2014-15

The Edmonton Oilers’ ‘Donner party’ tour through California continues tonight as we count down to the end of miserable season No. 9. Last night’s game reminds us of the massive gap between the Oilers and the rest of the Western Conference: It’s a great divide.

DRAFT STRATEGY

I’ve been thinking about the best draft strategy for Bob Green this summer and I think it comes down to this: Finding a way to move up from the Pittsburgh selection (currently No. 20) inside the top 15 to gather a falling star.

• Select D Noah Hanifin No. 3 overall and then trade up for C Mathew Barzal.
  • Select C Dylan Strome No. 3 overall and then trade up for D Oliver Kylington.

It makes sense if you look at how much can be accomplished this draft year. Edmonton could acquire two impact prospects with their first three picks, with the only negative coming from an inability to draft a goalie with that second-round selection. I think it’s the right play here.

When we talk about the draft, it’s important we remember Leon is a big part of the future. It’s one reason I hold out a little hope that the Oilers are at least considering Marner. Suspect the pick at No. 3 will be Noah Hanifin.

NEXT SEASON: WHAT MIGHT IT LOOK LIKE?

Over the next while I’m going to post quick profiles on possible solutions to the Oilers defensive woes. If we can agree that Klefbom, Marincin, Fayne and Schultz are going to be part of the team (and that Nikitin and Ference will be too in support roles) then there’s room for one more (significant) addition. Today: Mike Green.

• Profile: A tremendous skater and point producer from the back end. Often plays like a fourth forward. Can QB a poer play with aplomb. He is mistake prone in the defensive zone, needs more consistency and discipline in his game. Source.

mike green player cardHe is 29 years old and would occupy Justin Schultz’ spot on the 1PP (or they could share, but both are RH). Green would cost a lot of loot and let’s not kid ourselves he isn’t Chris Pronger, but there’s some things to like here and giving Nelson a legit offensive weapon for next year is a good idea. The question then becomes ‘do you trade Justin Schultz?’ and as I’ve suggested in the past the answer should be yes.

It’s been a tremendous calendar year for the Edmonton Oil Kings, who fell short in OT last night to the outstanding Brandon Wheat Kings. I wanted to take a moment to thank the Oil Kings and the wonderful kids who played for them this season. An absolute joy to watch and as an OK fan I’m proud of the efforts of Mr. Hamilton, Mr. Marsh and the entire staff. I think they’ll re-load for the fall and we’ll see more fire power in 15-16, as it was hard to endure all of the losses (Lazar, Samuelsson, others) in one fell swoop.

bardot2

LOWDOWN WITH LOWETIDE

A busy show this morning, don’t miss a minute of it! 10, TSN1260, and the lineup is stacked:

• Dennis King, Oilogsphere Icon. With the Ducks showing up the Oilers roster, I suspect we’ll hear a lot about roster makeup and the failings of the GM. We’ll also look at MLB’s NL Central for 2015.
  • Dean Millard, TSN1260’s Golf Show which lifts the lid tonight with a very special guest. We’ll announce the guest and talk a little Oil Kings, too.
  • Thomas Drance, Nations Network. Mr. Drance wrote a compelling piece on Toronto’s choice at No. 4 overall (Strome v. Marner) and concluded they are both franchise cornerstones. We’ll discuss an amazing group at the top of this year’s selection.
  • Steve Lansky, Big Mouth Sports. We’ll talk about the Leafs last night and their summer.

10-1260 text, @Lowetide_ on twitter. It’ll be a blast! Note: I’m off tomorrow from the radio gig but will have a post up first thing in the morning. Talk soon!

374 Responses to "OILERS AT KINGS, G78 2014-15"

« Older Comments
  1. Ryan says:

Dashingsilverfox: And then Tom Gilbert scores.

Haha. I thought you were joking.

2. SK Oiler Fan says:

Woodguy:
    Woodguy @Woodguy55
    Attn: Fancy Stats people.Head to Head corsi this year, teams vs. teams in a great visual. https://oilersnerdalert.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/ev-corsi-head-to-head-all-teams-2015-04-02.png

Woodguy @Woodguy55
    Re: Last tweet. Which Jack Adams winning and former Vezina, Conn Smythe, and Stanley Cup winning Head Coach is the only reddish team vs BUF?

I’d link Gmoney’s gmail if I could remember it.

I think I have it, but I smoked a lot of pot as a teenager and can’t find it. (hash actually, but need to keep the reference current)

Cool stuff. Mtl Cal and Col are telling

3. Dashingsilverfox says:

Sean Monahan hits 30 goals.

SK Oiler Fan: Cool stuff. Mtl Cal and Col are telling

Goalies are everything.

If you have equal goalies, then SAF is everything.

Goalies.

Bastards.

Dashingsilverfox:
    Sean Monahan hits 30 goals.

Has RNH ever hit 30pts?

6. RexLibris says:

G Money:
    *** NERD ALERT ***

Visualization of head-to-head Corsi for every team.I see these for players within games, so I thought, why not teams?

The stats are more valid this way anyway – one games worth of Corsi for a player is a pretty weak stat, and it gets even weaker when you slice it down to shifts.

This is cumulative for the season so far.

Also!If you haven’t already done so, don’t forget to take the ‘predict MacT’ survey.

As I commented on the site, please keep us updated.

Also, nice blog name!

7. slambanna says:

Kitchener stays alive against London with a 5-4 victory.

One measly PPG for Mitchell Marner.

He’s only scoring at a 3.25 ppg pace in the playoffs now.

8. Dashingsilverfox says:

Woodguy: Has RNH ever hit 30pts?

Yes…but his career high in goals in 24. (this season)

Monahan has 59 points…Hopkins career high is 56 (this season)

Monahan is 18 months younger.

RexLibris: This is good work. I would recommend you add a legend on the colour scheme for anyone who is just learning the basics of the analytics.

As I commented on the site, please keep us updated.

Also, nice blog name!

Looks good, though. I would like a giant ass to represent Colorado.

Dashingsilverfox: Yes…but his career high in goals in 24. (this season)

Monahan has 59 points…Hopkins career high is 56 (this season)

Monahan is 18 months younger.

Nuge is the object of your attention. Who can blame you?

11. speeds says:

Bruce McCurdy: Yowsa, 0 points and -8 in 7 games. Good for the Oilers, because as Pittsburgh slumps that pick keeps gaining traction.

Nothing particular against the Pens but I’m going to be rooting hard for them to go down in the first round, because that makes a bigger difference to that draft pick than anything. As I understand it, the first round losers gets picks 15 thru 22 in reverse order of standings. So the best situation is for Pittsburgh to lose out — all the way out — from now.

Go Whoever Is Playing Pittsburgh Go!

AFAIK, the 15-30 spots are determined as follows:

15-26: teams eliminated in the first 2 rounds, with any division winners at the tail end
    27&28: conference finalists
    29: Cup finalist
    30: Cup champion

12. Dashingsilverfox says:

Lowetide: Nuge is the object of your attention. Who can blame you?

I like Hopkins…great young player.

13. Snowman says:

Dashingsilverfox: Yes…but his career high in goals in 24. (this season)

Monahan has 59 points…Hopkins career high is 56 (this season)

Monahan is 18 months younger.

Monahan plays substantially weaker competition with better D to get him the puck. Put Nuge in that position and he’d have 30 and 70.

Brossoit stops 47 of 49, Ryan Hamilton scores the winner in ot with an assist by someone names Nick Pageau.

Dashingsilverfox: Yes…but his career high in goals in 24. (this season)

Monahan has 59 points…Hopkins career high is 56 (this season)

Monahan is 18 months younger.

Monahan is the goods for sure.

My post was for LT.

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 7m7 minutes ago

Just to clarify…Lander’s contract AAV is $1,237,500…He will make $925,000 next year and $1.55 mill in 2016/2017. #Oilers

Lowetide: Nuge is the object of your attention. Who can blame you?

No, I brought up Nuge.

Dashingsilverfox: I like Hopkins…great young player.

Yep. Monahan is a beauty too.

19. Gordies Elbow says:

Dashingsilverfox: Yes…but his career high in goals in 24. (this season)

Monahan has 59 points…Hopkins career high is 56 (this season)

Monahan is 18 months younger.

Your desire to compare players in the moment is telling.

When Monahan scored 30, good for him. The fact that the Sedins didn’t at the same age?

I really don’t care. I think that you’ve jumped the shark.

20. Dashingsilverfox says:

Snowman: Monahan plays in front of a substantially better D than Nuge. Dmen being able to stop the puck from entering and who are able to effectively move the puck out.

That’s partially true…Calgary does have a better D but Monahan plays the 3rd toughest minutes among Flames forwards.

However, Hopkins is getting a huge Ozone start push (63%) while Monahan isn’t (49.1%).

The young man is doing exceptionally well.

21. fifthcartel says:

I like Monahan a lot, but according to stats.hockeyanalysis.com RNH has 18 5 on 5 goals to Monahan’s 13, so I’m quite happy with RNH.

edit- I guess tonight’s goal would make it 14 5 on 5 goals for Monahan.

22. Snowman says:

Dashingsilverfox,

Both are exceptional.

They play in very different situations. Both will have phenomenal careers.

I’d take Hopkins over Monahan every day of the week.

23. blainer says:

Top Four D from that great draft in 2003…
    #7. Ryan Suter
    #8. Braydon Coburn
    #9. D. Phaneuf
    #14. B. Seabrook

This years draft may turn out to be very similar with Hanifan Provorov and Werenski. They are all gonna be great players. Tough call… but.. Please do not pick the Zheredev of that draft.. What a miss that turned out to be for all the talent at the top of that draft year..

24. sliderule says:

slambanna,

Bust!

25. G Money says:

Put the laptop away to grab some dinner, and come back to kind comments… Many thanks for the positive feedback!

slambanna, Gordies Elbow – I used green/red for exactly that reason, just a simple “stoplight” copying. Never even stopped to think about the folks for whom that colour scheme is useless. I will be reposting a more friendly image ASAP. Comments here or there OK by me, I post there for format and archiving, but post here for conversation. The blog is like a workplace, this is like the pub after work!

Ryan – I remember you posting that once before. I now have the data to make it happen! Give me a few minutes, I bet I can whip something up before the game starts.

Woodguy – thanks for the tweet! Gonna have to cave in one of these days. Ryan is correct btw, ganesh@shaw.ca. I also made one specifically for the new blog, gmoney@coolsite.net (heh heh).

RexLibris – thanks for the kind words. Not sure what you mean by legend, like meaning of the value?

LT – sure, but if we use a giant ass for Colorado, what do we use for Buffalo??

26. Gordies Elbow says:

blainer,

I think that that is a good projection of the upcoming draft, as well:
    – Suter: Lowest risk, but offense/physicality?
    – Coburn: Highest upside, maybe Pronger?
    – Phaneuf: Questionable read and react, but good physicality.
    – Seabrook: Best offensive, not best defensive,

Anyone who gets Hanifin, Provorov, or Werenski should be happy. Looks like a great year for defenders.

Hoping for a Jeremy Roy/Oliver Kylington pick with the Pittsburgh pick. Really deep draft, and Edmonton’s picking early and often.

27. MrEd says:

I’m really hoping that the Lander contract is a tell that Nelson will be signed also.
    Hockey is such a fun game to play and Nelson seems to understand this as much as any coach that we’ve seen for a while.
    Every single interview that i hear from our players supports this. If this organization wants to know what they have as far as talent for the future, they’ll acknowledge how the guys are feeling.
    Lander is an Oiler.

G Money:
    Put the laptop away to grab some dinner, and come back to kind comments…Many thanks for the positive feedback!

slambanna, Gordies Elbow – I used green/red for exactly that reason, just a simple “stoplight” copying.Never even stopped to think about the folks for whom that colour scheme is useless.I will be reposting a more friendly image ASAP.Comments here or there OK by me, I post there for format and archiving, but post here for conversation.The blog is like a workplace, this is like the pub after work!

Ryan – I remember you posting that once before.I now have the data to make it happen!Give me a few minutes, I bet I can whip something up before the game starts.

Woodguy – thanks for the tweet!Gonna have to cave in one of these days.Ryan is correct btw, ganesh@shaw.ca.I also made one specifically for the new blog, gmoney@coolsite.net (heh heh).

RexLibris – thanks for the kind words.Not sure what you mean by legend, like meaning of the value?

LT – sure, but if we use a giant ass for Colorado, what do we use for Buffalo??

Hmmm. This is a problem.

29. Pouzar says:

Pie-R-V with 4 pts tonight.

30. smellyglove says:

I’m nuts. Randomly reading back into LT’s blog. Here’s a quote from 05 July 2007:

“Kevin Lowe… entered the 06-07 season with a poorly balanced team (there weren’t enough NHL defensemen). The team suffered… and Lowe entered the offseason overpromising.

And now he’s under-delivering.

His job is on the line, and there is growing unrest in Edmonton. Lowe knows it…

I hope you enjoyed the playoff run to the final in 2006. It might be the last one we see in a long, long time.”

Prescient LT, prescient.

31. blainer says:

MrEd:
    Every single interview that i hear from our players supports this.If this organization wants to know what they have as far as talent for the future,they’ll acknowledge how the guys are feeling.
    Lander is an Oiler.

I agree.. Most of our players including the core have been coached and or developed by Nelson. It is important for the players to feel comfortable with their coach and vice versa. Nelson knows how to get the best out of this squad. It seems to me we are in a similar situation as we were when Kruger was here. Players and the PP are going in the right direction. I actually think the players will be putting pressure on management to retain nelson.. Now all we need is MacT to help him out with the changes he needs to be successful.

32. frjohnk says:

G Money,

Amazing chart.

Great work.

33. Pouzar says:

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 2m2 minutes ago
    With @MattHendy26 back in the #Oilers lineup, @Bobbyklink is the odd forward out tonight. Gazdic-Hendy-Fraser.

34. wheatnoil says:

G Money,

Your new post and site in general is incredibly useless. I find your work not at all fascinating and it is an irrelevant contribution to the stats world. I do not look forward to frequent future posts. Do not join Twitter!

*I’m tired of constantly complimenting your work, so I decided to post the exact opposite of my take on it.

35. Snowman says:

Pouzar:
    Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers2m2 minutes ago

36. G Money says:

frjohnk,

Thanks, Father!

wheatnoil,

And also thanks for keeping me humble!

37. stush18 says:

Dashingsilverfox:
    Okay all you draft junkies…

Does anyone know why Mark Stone fell to the 6th round in 2010?

He just scored his 20th goal and 55th point for the Senators this season.

He scored 41 goals and 123 points for Brandon in his final junior season and has been a scoring machine in the World Juniors and the AHL

He’s 6’3″ 200 so it’s not like he was one of those undersized scorers that often get overlooked in the draft.

What gives?

He had footspeed issues. Pretty bad skater if i remember correctly. I remember wondering why noone took him earlier tho, those kind of numbers are ridiculous, especially on a team that wasnt overally strong if i remember correctly

38. G Money says:

Snowman: More and more I really like my hockey players to be good at the skating. I hope that line gets approximately 1 shift.

You know, I agree 100%, but I also get this change – I thought Gazdic played one of the better games he’s ever played against ANA. Bu Fraser on the other hand …

39. Snowman says:

Is Scrivens just a hologram? Pucks just seem to travel through his body… Not his best quality.

40. Pouzar says:

Oh Ben…don’t ever change. Same fucking shit with this guy to start every game.

41. Ice Sage says:

That took about as long as I thought it would. Sorry Flames (sort of)

42. SK Oiler Fan says:

Ben Scrivens. Slump Buster

43. Henry says:

G Money,

Paajarvi was available at the same time as Fraser.

44. Ryan says:

G Money:

LT – sure, but if we use a giant ass for Colorado, what do we use for Buffalo??

I’m so excited.

I had emailed Daryl Metcalf (extraskater) this request (just before the Leafs hired him)…

45. G Money says:

Slam, Gordie – is this much of an improvement? A bit of research suggests these are more human-friendly colours for a divergent palette, but wondering if the reddish brown is still problematic.

Poor Ben. What an awful season for such a nice man.

47. Snowman says:

I’m not sure I want to watch the rest of this game.

48. blainer says:

Gonna be a long night..

49. Snowman says:

It does make it worse when you want him to succeed. Great story, great start, awesome in the community (and his wife too) but honestly its tough to imagine a worse season for the guy.

50. pocession charge says:

Woodguy: Monahan is the goods for sure.

My post was for LT.

He’s good. His shooting percentage is a lofty 16 point something after tonight. He’s definitely riding Lady Luck a bit.

51. Ice Sage says:

Poor Ben. What an awful season for such a nice man.

He might be too nice to be a top flight goalie
    Give us some Bunz

52. Suntory Hanzo says:

Almost time to switch over to finish watching Ken Burns documentary on the Prohibition. Fascinating stuff. They have a bunch of his on Netflix. The Civil War one was fantastic.

53. G Money says:

Oh … dear.

54. SK Oiler Fan says:

I know that one is Gaborik from the slot, but man Scrivens is just guessing. He’s not square to the shooters or even centered in the net.
    Oh, looks like Niki has his Russian army boots on again. All over the damn place.
    Scrivens with another slump buster!

55. Snowman says:

Ice Sage: He might be too nice to be a top flight goalie
    Give us some Bunz

Why would you ever do that to a kid… This is gonna be a long game for Ben.

56. Ice Sage says:

Suntory Hanzo:
    Almost time to switch over to finish watching Ken Burns documentary on the Prohibition. Fascinating stuff.They have a bunch of his on Netflix. The Civil War one was fantastic.

The WWII series with hometown perspectives and aging vets in catharsis is riveting.

57. Ice Sage says:

Snowman: Why would you ever do that to a kid… This is gonna be a long game for Ben.

Perfect spot for a green goalie – he’s not going to sh!t the bed, relatively. No pressure sitch

58. Suntory Hanzo says:

So… This isn’t a good time to put in Bunz?

Take that Toronto!

Kind of reminds me of those old pictures and videos of the Polish Cavalry charging the German tanks.

Prohibition time!

It will probably be Bunz’s only chance to ever play in an NHL game. Hopefully, he gets at least the 3rd period.

60. RexLibris says:

So….

…when do the Oilers take to the ice?

61. steveb12344 says:

Snowman: Why would you ever do that to a kid…

It’s as good a time as any to throw Bunz into the oven.

62. Pouzar says:

SK Oiler Fan:
    Scrivens with another slump buster!

The antithesis of Brossoit. Would love to see him get a couple games.

63. Ryan says:

6 shots. 3 goals. Whoa.

64. Dashingsilverfox says:

pocession charge: He’s good.His shooting percentage is a lofty 16 point something after tonight.He’s definitely riding Lady Luck a bit.

Doesn’t look like there is much luck involved.

65. Snowman says:

Ice Sage,

He’s the fifth best goalie in a system of bad goalies… No pressure or not it would be a disaster and in my opinion a douche move.

66. RexLibris says:

G Money,

Might have used the wrong terminology, by legend I meant something like “Green = better, red = worse” or some such explanatory device so that a casual observer still figuring out the numbers would be able to quickly apply meaning to the data as presented.

All the same, I applaud what you are doing and, as mentioned, look forward to further information as it becomes available.

67. Pouzar says:

Scrivens stickin it to my Jets one garbage goal at a time.

68. Snowman says:

godot10,

Ok I’ll give you that one. a chance to play in the NHL… Maybe the Kings will have taken their foot off the gas after they get up 4 or 5.

69. Ryan says:

Pouzar:
    Scrivens stickin it to my Jets one garbage goal at a time.

Lol. You hate your Jets. I was born in the Peg, so I’m cheering for them…

70. RexLibris says:

This could make Saturday very…interesting.

Flames may be facing elimination if LA puts some wins together and the narrative last month was that Nelson had his team responding well after disappointing games (tonight’s performance notwithstanding).

If they beat the Flames Saturday and lose to the Kings on Tuesday…

They’ll have to actually show up and play a game of hockey, but, you know, it could happen.

71. Pouzar says:

Ryan: Lol. You hate your Jets.I was born in the Peg, so I’m cheering for them…

Actually I would rather see both the Jets and Flames make it.
    1% chance at McDavid is too good for these guys.

Gotta go answer some more angry texts from my Jets season ticket holder buds. 🙂

72. Pouzar says:

Holy shit Poo just lit up Doughty

73. Ice Sage says:

Snowman:
    Ice Sage,

OK, I see where you’re coming from – Bunz is just a place-holder rather than a legitimate prospect. I believe that athletes at this level, wherever they are on the depth chart, should be hungry for the opportunity – I bet Bunz would be thrilled. Scrivens might see it as douchey but too bad, he coulda stopped the puck, a few times.
    I really think there’s nothing to lose, lotta game left, maybe they make the switch later or between periods.

74. Ryan says:

Pouzar: Actually I would rather see both the Jets and Flames make it.
    1% chance at McDavid is too good for these guys.

Gotta go answer some more texts from my Jets season ticket holder buds.

I’m honestly not a Jets fan. But I don’t have any hate for the Jets either. Calgary and Vancouver, that’s another story…

75. Pouzar says:

Ryan: I’m honestly not a Jets fan.But I don’t have any hate for the Jets either. Calgary and Vancouver, that’s another story…

Being an Oiler fan living in WPG with 2 die hard Jets fan buddies it’s trying on my patience at times. 🙂

76. fifthcartel says:

I’m not sure the Oilers have one defensemen that you could confidently put on the power play.

77. Snowman says:

Ice Sage,

I’m torn now.. You guys make good points… It would be cool for Bunz to say he played in the NHL.

However, I don’t think it would go well.

78. pocession charge says:

Dashingsilverfox: His shooting percentage is essentially exactly what it was last season so perhaps we’re seeing an established level of ability. (153GP)

Doesn’t look like there is much luck involved.

I suppose that it’s possible but highly improbable. I certainly wouldn’t expect him to maintain that going forward, even with a two year track record.

Benoit Pouliot’s hit on Doughty must have made Taylor Hall smile.

80. Colieo87 says:

Why the fuck is shultz on the point by himself if it hasn’t worked once already what makes coaching and managment think it’s going to work. Two defenders on the blue line and please make shultz a forward already. He doesn’t have the strength to shoot from that far.

81. flyfish1168 says:

Dashingsilverfox:
    Sean Monahan hits 30 goals.

Dashingsilverfox: Yes…but his career high in goals in 24. (this season)

Monahan has 59 points…Hopkins career high is 56 (this season)

Monahan is 18 months younger.

Can you imagine what RNH stats would be if he played with the real Norris candidate. Sky’s the limit

82. Ryan says:

Benoit Pouliot’s hit on Doughty must have made Taylor Hall smile.

No one here will believe me…

When I watched Pouliot play for the Rangers, my first thought was, “wow, that is exactly the type of player the Oilers need.”

83. jzed says:

Thought I’d check in with the Oil, see how Nelson has the Barons playing with confidence and yada yada…behold, a short side stinker, TV guys talking about battling along the boards, while Nelson looks heavenward, and asks “please God, just one normal ho hum save on. a nothing shot from a guy who hasn’t scored in 20 games, c’mon, just one….”

Or Scrivens and Schultz are ultimate team players who actually read that memo from KLo. House of Cards on Netflix looks good about now. Goodnight.

84. slambanna says:

G Money:
    Slam, Gordie – is this much of an improvement?A bit of research suggests these are more human-friendly colours for a divergent palette, but wondering if the reddish brown is still problematic.

Looks great and jives nicely with the Vollman bubbles we’re used to. I can’t speak for our color blind brethren.

I think what Rex was looking for was just a bold corsi for % on the Y axis and Vs on the X axis. To be honest I had to look at the Buffalo columns to get oriented initially.

I feel like a bit of an ass when you bring us these new toys, and we immediately respond with our demands for revisions and more in depth analysis. In our defense you seem to respond like Santa Claus reaching into your big red sack of analytics and fulfilling our wishlist.

85. Gordies Elbow says:

G Money,

Yep, much better (at least for me, but it should be better for most)

In general – thanks, it’s great work, and greatly appreciated!

86. Dashingsilverfox says:

flyfish1168:

Monahan has played 18 games since Giordano was lost for the season.

In those 18 games, he has scored 10 goals and 19 points.

That pro-rates to 45 goals and 86 points over an 82 game season.

Looks like his production has soared while playing without a real Norris candidate.

Ryan: No one herewill believe me…

I believe you. I liked him for the Oilers, like him even more AS an Oiler

88. Gordies Elbow says:

Lowetide: I believe you. I liked him for the Oilers, like him even moreAS an Oiler

Yep, with you on that one. He’s been a great addition.

89. flyfish1168 says:

Dashingsilverfox: Monahan has played 18 games sinceGiordano was lost for the season.

In those 18 games, he has scored 10 goals and 19 points.

That pro-rates to 45 goals and 86 points over an 82 game season.

RNH unfortunately doesn’t have the best personnel watching his back.

90. Snowman says:

In those 18 games, he has scored 10 goals and 19 points.

That pro-rates to 45 goals and 86 points over an 82 game season.

91. Dashingsilverfox says:

flyfish1168: Bordie , Wideman and even Kris Russell more productive than our best point producing d-man. I will also go on record as saying the phlegms have 4 d-men that can make a stretch pass and run a PP better than our best PP dmen.

RNH unfortunately doesn’thave the best personnel watching his back.

No argument from me there.

But, unless Hopkins gets traded to Calgary, that’s not likely to change anytime soon.

92. frjohnk says:

Dashingsilverfox: There’s an article over at Flames Nation that shows his goals are almost all coming from the home plate area.

83% or so of all goals scored come from the home plate or now “arrow” area, and that % increases for forwards. So Monahan is no different than many other forwards

Maybe Monahan has a magic home plate 🙂

Actually it helps that he has a 23% shooting % on the PP. ( 8 goals on 35 shots)

9% at 5 on 5.

5 on 5, he has an average of 32.9 feet on average per shot, which is 103rd highest out of 460 forwards who have played more than 10 games. And he has taken 11 slap shots, so its not like a whole pile of slap shots are keeping the average shot distance high.

He does not exactly drive the play as he has one of the worst SAT differentials in the league. But it could also be that after Gio and Brodie, that all of Calgarys D play 1 or 2 spots above what they actually should and this hurting Monahan in this aspect.

Don’t get me wrong, he is a nice player, but Id expect a regression. When someone says “its different this time because……….” I laugh.

93. Dashingsilverfox says:

Snowman: Do you really believe that Monohan is better without Gio? Because if you don’t then it’s not really a valid argument against the original comment…

The numbers say he is…what else is there?

Would you be surprised to learn that Jiri Hudler was the highest scoring player in the NHL in the month of March…without Giordano?

He was.

Marincin had a good shift going until Nolan drove past him easily.

95. pocession charge says:

Marincin had a good shift going until Nolan drove past him easily.

He should have laid the body on Nolan there. Scrivens has to stop that, though.

96. Snowman says:

Dashingsilverfox,

Well if everyone is better without him they should probably trade him…

I wonder if the success of all these Flames players is sustainable… as long as Gio is out it must be… the numbers say so.

97. MightyOil1 says:

pocession charge: He should have laid the body on Nolan there.Scrivens has to stop that, though.

Yes sir. That is not a goal that should go in.

98. Dashingsilverfox says:

frjohnk: 83% or so of all goals scored come from the home plate or now “arrow” area, and that % increases for forwards.So Monahan is no different than many other forwards

Maybe Monahan has a magic home plate

9% at 5 on 5.

5 on 5, he has an average of 32.9 feet on average per shot, which is 103rd highest out of 460 forwards who have played more than 10 games.And he has taken 11 slap shots, so its not like a whole pile of slap shots are keeping the average shot distance high.

He does not exactly drive the play as he has one of the worst SAT differentials in the league.But it could also be that after Gio and Brodie, that all of Calgarys D play 1 or 2 spots above what they actually should and this hurting Monahan in this aspect.

Don’t get me wrong, he is a nice player, but Id expect a regression.When someone says “its different this time because……….” I laugh.

THE FN article I referenced is here:

99. Dashingsilverfox says:

Snowman:
    Dashingsilverfox,

Well if everyone is better without him they should probably trade him…

Chances are they would be doing even better with Giordano…scary isn’t it?

100. pocession charge says:

frjohnk:

This is so true. Happens all the time.

101. MightyOil1 says:

Do you go with Bunz now?

102. slambanna says:

MightyOil1:
    Do you go with Bunz now?

I would. Hope to see him start the third.

I’d throw Bunz in, he may never make it back this way again.

104. book¡je says:

I’d throw Bunz in, he may never make it back this way again.

I’m not watching – but being uninformed has never kept me from having an opinion – I would send Bunz out there for exactly that reason – “Here you go kid, here’s your your chance to play a period in the NHL”

105. txoil says:

How can edmonton possibly bring back any of the architects of this 9 year craptastrophy?

106. Snowman says:

Dashingsilverfox,

Its funny because you make well reasoned arguments about 50% of the time…

107. MightyOil1 says:

Yay for Bunz!

108. Dashingsilverfox says:

Snowman:
    Dashingsilverfox,

Its funny because you make well reasoned arguments about 50% of the time…

Probably the ones you agree with 🙂

Bunz! That 2010 draft is getting better all the time!!! 🙂

110. MightyOil1 says:

Snowman:
    Dashingsilverfox,

Its funny because you make well reasoned arguments about 50% of the time…

And then he jumps the shark….and that’s funny too.

111. slambanna says:

Okay, Scrivens set the bar at .762 through 2 periods. Anything above that is a successful debut.

112. dangilitis says:

When Edmonton loses tonight their record against the Pacific drops to 3-19-3. Wow that’s abysmal.

I did this for records against the West earlier, but did a quick search for best and worst records against the Pacific division:

League-wide
    1) PIT/OTT: 11-2-1 (0.821 points/game)
    3) CGY: 19-6-1 (0.75 points/game)
    4) TBL:10-4-0 (0.714 points/game)
    5) FLA: 9-3-2 (0.714 points/game)
    6) ANA: 17-6-5 (0.696 points/game)

23) CAR/NJD/BUF: 6-7-1 (0.464 points/game)
    26) MTL: 5-6-3 (0.464 points/game)
    27) PHI: 4-5-5 (0.464 points/game)
    28) ARI: 11-13-0 (0.458 points/game)
    29) TOR: 5-9-0 (0.357 points/game)
    30) EDM: 3-19-3 (0.180 points/game)

Then look at division:
    1) CGY: 19-6-1 (39 POINTS, 0.750 points/game)
    2) ANA: 17-6-5 (39 POINTS, 0.696 points/game)
    3) LA: 13-5-7 pending tonight’s win, plus one more against Oil coming up (33 POINTS, 0.640 pts/game)
    4) VCR: 14-9-3 (31 POINTS, 0.596 pts/game)
    5) SJS: 13-9-4 (30 POINTS, 0.577 pts/game)
    6) ARI: 11-13-0 (22 POINTS, 0.458 points/game)
    7) EDM: 3-19-3 (9 POINTS, 0.180 points/game)

That is why Calgary is kicking our ass, and why they will likely make the playoffs, 30 PT difference in terms of divisional record and that is why they are 32 points ahead in the standings.
    Although I hold out hope for an LA x 2 victory over EDM, and an EDM over CGY victory for a 6 point swing. That still means Winnipeg can’t shit the bed.

113. Snowman says:

Dashingsilverfox,

Haha! No you really do contribute some great comments and often the ones I enjoy the most from you are the ones that challenge something I think.

When it comes to the Flames you are the anti-logic. You use logical data to argue an illogical opinion.

This might be Marincin’s worst game which follows up one of his best earlier this week. Le sigh

115. dangilitis says:

Bunz! That 2010 draft is getting better all the time!!!

With our luck, Brossoit will feel slighted that Bunz beat him to the NHL! 47 saves tonight in AHL…

116. MightyOil1 says:

That’s a new level of Jultzing.

117. Snowman says:

This is what I was afraid of…

118. MightyOil1 says:

Oh no ….Bunz!

119. dangilitis says:

I’d throw Bunz in, he may never make it back this way again.

Crossing my fingers he retires with a 1.000 SPG

120. dangilitis says:

dangilitis: Crossing my fingers he retires with a 1.000 SPG

Wow that was premature! OK, .500 SPG?

121. RicaGreaser says:

This will be a long week.

122. Ice Sage says:

Goaltending. Kinda important. Is Ranford in the house?

123. dangilitis says:

7 goals on 25 shots. If you put me in net, and turned me around and let pucks fly, how many of those 25 would just randomly hit me?

124. pocession charge says:

Bunz actually let in two goals on one shot on net.

125. Dashingsilverfox says:

Is there no mercy rule?

126. pocession charge says:

txoil:

The owner doesn’t care about the fans. Plain and simple.

127. RexLibris says:

RicaGreaser:
    This will be a long weak.

Fixed

pocession charge:
    Bunz actually let in two goals on one shot on net.

He’s the Craig Simpson of goalies!

129. pocession charge says:

Ice Sage,

Do you think a 50 year old Ranford is better than Bunz? Scrivens?

130. RexLibris says:

Meh, prospects, straight lines, development, patience and all that.

He’s a D on a terrible team facing one of the tougher opponents in the NHL. Honestly, there was a reasonable chance it was going to happen, and I really like Marincin.

131. RexLibris says:

Does anyone here realize the historical significance of what we’re seeing here?

This game may be one of the most important breakthroughs in our modern scientific history! Against everything we know about our linear experience of time, this game was actually over before it even began. This is fourth dimension stuff here.

132. Snowman says:

God love Yak. Kid never quits.

133. book¡je says:

Oh man – I’m cringing just from reading the comments…

Somewhere – at this very minute – Devan Dubnyk is not letting in a goal.

134. book¡je says:

This is the night that Craig MacTavish is watching.

135. RexLibris says:

By my rough calculations the Kings are on pace to score 1.4 more goals before the end of regulation.

I wonder if they could push it to double digits in the last 10 minutes?

136. MightyOil1 says:

book¡je: This is the night that Craig MacTavish is watching.

Hopefully he’s watching Shultz.

137. Dashingsilverfox says:

Snowman:
    God love Yak. Kid never quits.

Go back and watch the Kings 3rd goal again and get back to me.

He’s a well deserved -3 on the night….leading the NHL.

138. RexLibris says:

RexLibris:

I wonder if they could push it to double digits in the last 10 minutes?

Aannnd then there were eight.

“Mr. MacTavish, Dick Van Patten on line 1”

139. Ice Sage says:

pocession charge,

Nah, I was just mentally scanning for someone the Oilers could sign on a 1/2 period basis – I though BR was the Kings goalie coach and might show some mercy. Silly talk from behind the paper bag.

140. frjohnk says:

Dashingsilverfox: THE FN article I referenced is here:

Ha! That explains it.

Article is missing a lot.

Majority of all goals by forwards are from home plate. So Calgary players are not special in this regard.

Many guys will shoot the lights out one year and then regress the next year or the year after. Kadri 17% in 12-13, this year 10.9%. Eberle 18.9% in 10-11, 12% the next year. Way more guys like this. Regression happens all the time.

I could maybe give Monahan the benefit of the doubt that regression will not happen if he was not so high on the average shot distance in 5 on 5 play and was driving the play, but he isn’t.

141. G Money says:

Dashingsilverfox: Go back and watch the Kings 3rd goal again and get back to me.

He’s a well deserved -3 on the night….leading the NHL.

I went back and checked, since I have the game on PVR. Yak had nothing to do with the goal. He was in the middle (with most of the rest of the team), and Scrivens let in a softie from the point. Horrible goal. Pretty much a coincidental – on Yak (as most such allocations are with the +-, so no surprise it’s your favourite stat).

142. Dashingsilverfox says:

frjohnk: Ha! That explains it.

Article is missing a lot.

Many guys will shoot the lights out one year and then regress the next year or the year after. Kadri 17% in 12-13, this year 10.9%.Eberle 18.9% in 10-11, 12% the next year. Way more guys like this.Regression happens all the time.

And sometimes it doesn’t.

Alex Tanguay has a career 19% career shooting percentage….Steven Stamkos is at 17.2%.

Too soon to tell if Monahan is one of those guys but also too soon to say he isn’t….just because.

143. G Money says:

Sweet hands.

144. RexLibris says:

G Money:
    Sweet hands.

Maybe that should be Eberle’s nickname. Nugent-Hopkins’ in junior was Hoppy.

Chance, Hands and Hoppy.

I like it.

145. pocession charge says:

book¡je:
    Oh man – I’m cringing just from reading the comments…

Somewhere – at this very minute – Devan Dubnyk is not letting in a goal.

I’m not sure I understand. Dubnyk was awful last year. He’s having an amazing year this year. Scrivens is having a bad year and a bad game. He could rebound and do what Dubnyk is doing or he could fall flat on his face. Dubnyk could have an awful year next year. There is no way to predict this. The bottom line is that his performance is currently not good enough, which warrants criticism. If he plays great, he deserves to be recognized. Do you see it differently?

146. Lucinius says:

Did Lander and Hall actually manage to go +1 in a game where the Oilers lost 8-2? That takes some skill.

Also.. goaltending. Oilers just need to hire the largest sumo wrestler they can find and sit him in net.

147. G Money says:

RexLibris,

Ditto! What a line (of names).

148. frjohnk says:

Dashingsilverfox: And sometimes it doesn’t.

Like I said in the sentence you failed to quote, if Monahan was shooting closer ( his average shot distance is 103rd highest out of 460 forwards 5 on 5) and was driving the play then maybe Id buy it.

Tanguay is usually in the low 20’s in average shot distance

Stamkos scores a bunch of his goals on one timers which have a higher percentage than just clean shots.

149. pocession charge says:

G Money: I went back and checked, since I have the game on PVR.Yak had nothing to do with the goal.He was in the middle (with most of the rest of the team), and Scrivens let in a softie from the point.Horrible goal.Pretty much a coincidental – on Yak (as most such allocations are with the +-, so no surprise it’s your favourite stat).

He was standing around and that isn’t ideal, but you’re right, I don’t see how the outcome would have been any different (shot from the perimeter that is usually stopped). I completely agree with your take on +/-. It’s a team stat and the individual numbers are so random from year-to-year over a long sample that it just seems like such a useless/non-valid tool for analysis.

150. G Money says:

OK, Ryan. Here’s the first cut of your stat (I was delayed because a. dismay at game, and b. had to pause the game and go grocery shopping because we’re off to the cabin for the weekend).

Team / EV Corsi % / EV Corsi % against good teams only

ST. LOUIS 52.1% 51.1%
    TAMPA BAY 53.0% 51.7%
    TORONTO 46.6% 45.7%
    VANCOUVER 49.2% 47.0%
    WASHINGTON 51.4% 49.7%
    WINNIPEG 52.6% 51.1%

For this calculation I used this list of teams as “good” teams (but can adjust and rerun with any set of teams, so feel free to suggest different list): ANA, BOS, CBJ, CHI, DAL, DET, LA, MIN, MTL, NYI, NYR, NSH, NJ, OTT, PHI, PIT, SJ, STL, TB, WSH

Could not bring myself to include CGY or VAN!

Next step: your analysis!

151. pocession charge says:

Dashingsilverfox:

The odds say he’s not. If you trust the math, expect regression. He’s a good player but sometimes the eyes can be deceiving.

152. wheatnoil says:

Well… I’m glad I missed that game.

Tyler Bunz is the 17th person to play for the #Oilers and #OKCBarons this season.— Jim Byers (@jim_the_lip) April 3, 2015

17! You could almost ice a team of players who played in both OKC and Edmonton.

Hamilton – Lander – Miller
    Pakarinen – Yakimov – Pitlick
    Gazdic – Acton – Pinizzotto

Klefbom – Marincin
    Davidson – Oesterle
    Aulie – Hunt

Bachman
    Bunz

153. G Money says:

Above post converted to blog post. The spotlight shifts to Ryan now!

154. Dashingsilverfox says:

pocession charge: The odds say he’s not.If you trust the math, expect regression.He’s a good player but sometimes the eyes can be deceiving.

The math says nothing about individual players.

If it did, Alex Tanguay would have regressed years ago….but he didn’t.

155. frjohnk says:

G Money:
    Above post converted to blog post.The spotlight shifts to Ryan now!

Any idea how it looks score adjusted?

156. pocession charge says:

Dashingsilverfox,

Correct, Tanguay is one of a few exceptions. The majority of players regress to a mean shooting percentage. If Monahan continues at his pace then he will become a rare exception to a very common occurance. Just don’t bet your house on Vancouver Island that he will do so.

157. G Money says:

frjohnk: Any idea how it looks score adjusted?

Not yet unfortunately. I have a fair bit more data wrangling to add in the shift, time and score situation fields to the data before I can do score or situation adjusting…

158. bendelson says:

RexLibris:

Chance, Hands and Hoppy

Hold on Rex.
    What’s this L – R – C crap?

159. SwedishPoster says:

Sooo, goaltending is kinda important. Who knew. You can’t really analyze the teams performance when the tending is that awful, the defense was a mess for a lot of the game but how much of that is the players being terrified about what the goalie will do next? The trend of creating some offense despite being outplayed continues at least. The Lander-Hall combo kept moving the play up ice all night which was good to see. Other than that vomit worthy.

For next season, unless MacT can get his hands on one of the guaranteed elite ones who performs every year, Lundqvist, Rinne, Price, Rask et al, and we all know tha won’t happen, they need to throw a lot of mud on the wall to see what sticks. I’d go after Antti Niemi hard. While not an up and coming goalie and not having those stretches of insane games some of the elite guys tend to go on he’s very solid. His save percentage has never dropped below 0.912 since becoming a regular in the NHL and he’s always had a very low number of below average games during a season. Sure San Jose has been a very good regular season team during his time there but even this season when they’ve struggled he puts up a solid numbers. His home plate percentage isn’t elite, still ok though, but he hardly ever let’s in the far out fludders and that would be massive for this team.
    His playoff results have been mixed but let’s be real here.

Even if they lay their hands on Niemi or any of the other more plausible targets they still need to add some quantity and hope they win the lottery. O’Connor is a good start, give Bachman a 1 year extension, I feel far more comfortable with him in net than Scrivens, he at least has positioning and rebound control, Scrivens is athletic and can make the saves but even when he stops a lot of pucks he’s all over the place with positioning and rebounds, I ‘d obviously keep Scrivens since we’ve all seen what a difference a summer makes but holy crap he’s all over the place. I’d try adding some euros and college kids outside of O’Connor as well, look for kids doing well in their respective leagues and hope for the best. If your coaches lacks the ability to recognize quality it’s better to go with quantity and hope to be lucky.

Go through the KHL, SHL, FEL, even the lower euro leagues, and look for something that might translate. Good for Bunz to get an NHL memory but I don’t want to see anymore kids who barely cuts it in the ECHL get a shot with the Oilers, injuries or not.

160. geowal says:

Was at the game tonight. Ugh. But at least I made it on tv. I’ll say ducks fans are more gracious in victory than Kings fans.

161. russ99 says:

I hope the people running the franchise into the ground had a good long look at the game tonight, and last night too.

Laying an egg like that against a hungry, good team desperate for a win in our first game that really meant anything to either side in months just shows how far away we really are from competing.

If MacT keeps spouting that minimal turnover line and plans to follow up on it, he shoud go while there are qualified candidates for the job available and before he can do any more damage this summer.

162. judgedrude says:

wheatnoil:
    Well… I’m glad I missed that game.

17! You could almost ice a team of players who played in both OKC and Edmonton.

Hamilton – Lander – Miller
    Pakarinen – Yakimov – Pitlick
    Gazdic – Acton – Pinizzotto

Klefbom – Marincin
    Davidson – Oesterle
    Aulie – Hunt

Bachman
    Bunz

163. SwedishPoster says:

Great little article about Lander on swedish hockey site hockeysverige, http://www.hockeysverige.se/2015/04/03/landers-kamp-for-att-na-nhl-manga-natter-man-har-varit-riktigt-forbannad-och-less/

Some money quotes from Lander that might get lost in google translation:

“It hasn’t been fun, a lot of nights you were really angry and really sick of it all, to be honest. At the same time, we also had great fun in OKC, it’s a great bunch of guys and leaders.” (About his road to the NHL and the frustration when he didn’t get there.)

Reporter: Were there ever any thoughts of going back to euope?
    “Both. Some days I thought I might as well say screw it and go home. Somewhere in the back of my head I knew europe was there, but I’ve always had the NHL as my goal, that I was going to make it. I’ll work harder and I’ll show that I can play here[in the NHL].”
    “The thought [going to europe] was there but I don’t like to quit. I like to fight for it.”

“This summer I said (add curse word of your choice) enough is enough. It has to be all in so I worked hard this summer.”

He came to camp in superb shape but didn’t find his game at all and was sent back to the AHL.
    “There are two options. You can either blame everything and everyone, or you can get mad at yourself and try as hard as you possibly can down there, show them you want to come back.”

“I got back up after the new year, I got some bounces and confidence and then I built from there. Right now I’m here so I just have to keep going.”

‘”I think I’ve developed all over the ice. I’m a little quicker on my skates and more patient with the puck. I’ve even started to throw some hits, you have to here.”, he says laughing.’ (On what’s gotten better since he played in Sweden.)

“They’re two fast buggers. I try to have the puck on my stick as little as possible and just move it to the wings.” (On playing with Hall and Miller.)

It’s like back in the days when playing with Pääjärvi? the reporter then asks.
    “Haha, yeah. Like the old days with Mange. Yeah, but almost like that. That’s when I learned it. I was never that fast of a skater so you move it to the wings.”

Then he makes some comments about the teams struggles and that they have nothing but honour and their linemates to play for. The importance for the team to bounce back before he finishes off with this contemplation on his journey up to this point:

“Yeah, I guess there’s some kind of melody to it too. It hasn’t been a silverspoon. It’s been a learning experience. I’ve gotten a lot of responsibility in Oklahoma, on and off the ice. It’s been a fun but also somewhat tough journey. A lot of flights up and down, many days you’ve been happy but also days you’ve been completely sick of it. But it’s worth every practice to play in this league.”

Future captain I tell you.

164. leadfarmer says:

Dashingsilverfox,

So what you’re saying is the Oilers should of passed on RNH and drafted Monahan. Alrighty then.

165. Kmart99 says:

Lander sounds great. Glad he got the two year deal. He’s outplayed Roy(IMO) by a clear margin over the last little while. Drai will be in tough to take Lander’s spot next year. Nurse however, will probably be one of the 3 best dmen we have, and definitely will be the most physical.

Nurse could end up being captain as well. I still can’t believe he wasn’t on the ice for a single EV strength goal against all WJC.

166. wheatnoil says:

judgedrude: Ha! And that doesn’t even count Dr. Drai and the Nurse who were sent down but can’t play in the AHL!

This team needs more NHL players!

Draisaitl – Lander – Miller
    Hamilton – Roy – Pakarinen
    Pitlick – Yakimov – Pinizzotto
    Gazdic – Acton – Hunt

Klefbom – Marincin
    Nurse – Davidson
    Aulie – Oesterle

Bachman
    Bunz

167. sliderule says:

Bennett had a quiet playoff with 3 assists and -4 in four games

Crouse would be a great oiler pick as he had three points and minus 7.Ouch!

168. season not played says:

leadfarmer:
    Dashingsilverfox,

So what you’re saying is the Oilers should of passed on RNH and drafted Monahan.Alrighty then.

IIRC Monahan just missed the age cutoff for the 2012 draft and there was talk that if he was eligible for that draft he would have got consideration at one overall. Comparing him to Yakupov, looks like that was fairly accurate. It is entirely possible he ends up better than all our one overalls, save a lottery win in two weeks, and right now I agree with DSF, he is a better player than RNH, at a younger age and a bigger body. I tell you what. There is no way Calgary trades Sean Monahan for RNH.

169. PaperDesigner says:

season not played: I think what DSF was somewhat beating around the bush in saying last night is it looks as though Sean Monahan might be a better player than RNH.

I’ll tell you this for sure, Sean Monahan is NOT going to be a better player than Taylor Hall. Unlikely that he’s better than Nugent-Hopkins, I think too, but that may just be me.

170. Kmart99 says:

Lander with 14 pts in his last 23 GMs. Good on the dot, good on the pk, good on the pp. Finally. A useful player not from round one. Now… Who is this Marincin character?

171. Evilas says:

wheatnoil: True… also Derek Roy cleared waivers and was sent down, though he didn’t actually play. If you stretch it, you actually could ice a full roster of players who played for the Oilers and were sent down to lower leagues.

This team needs more NHL players!

Draisaitl – Lander – Miller
    Hamilton – Roy – Pakarinen
    Pitlick – Yakimov – Pinizzotto
    Gazdic – Acton – Hunt

Klefbom – Marincin
    Nurse – Davidson
    Aulie – Oesterle

Bachman
    Bunz

Good catch with Roy! I was also going to include Fraser there, who was on his way to the AHL, but was intercepted….

That’s a full roster right there! A very good AHL team at that.

172. PaperDesigner says:

Kmart99:
    Lander with 14 pts in his last 23 GMs.Good on the dot, good on the pk, good on the pp. Finally. A useful player not from round one. Now… Who is this Marincin character?

I don’t know, but I sure don’t like his sideburns.

This team needs more NHL players!

Draisaitl – Lander – Miller
    Hamilton – Roy – Pakarinen
    Pitlick – Yakimov – Pinizzotto
    Gazdic – Acton – Hunt

Klefbom – Marincin
    Nurse – Davidson
    Aulie – Oesterle

Bachman
    Bunz

Good work.

That’s pretty amazing.

The Edmonton Oilers are a team in the National Hockey League.

« Older Comments