2015 MOCK DRAFT (OILERS EDITION)

The anticipation and excitement of the draft lottery made this Saturday unusual and memorable. Winning it? There are no words.

MOCK DRAFT 2015 (OILERS EDITION)

• No. 1 overall: C Connor McDavid, Erie Otters (OHL). Actual Hockey Jesus. Three scoring lines. Thank you baby Jesus!
  • No. 16 overall: D Oliver Kylington, Farjestads (SHL). 6.00, 180. He’s a quality passer and has a good shot, but recent reports have him struggling (which is the only way he lasts this long). Wonderful skater and a quality passer, for me (now) this is the major need.
  • No. 33 overall: D Ethan Bear, Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL). 6.00, 200. A smart, mobile defender who has the defensive game down with coverage skills and anticipation. He also owns a great shot from the point, which may or may not be a factor moving forward. He may be a little high on my list but this is a nice player and a good bet. NHLE is 82GP, 5-9-14.
  • No. 60 overall: L Vladimir Tkachev, Quebec Remparts (QMJHL). 5.10, 144. There’s a chance he goes before this number (I have him at No. 47) but he’s so small I can see other teams passing on him. As you know this young man has terrific skills and showed management what he could do to the point they offered him a contract. His NHLE (9-17-26) doesn’t wow, they should be able to grab him here.
  • No. 79 overall: C Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Omaha (USHL). 6.01, 190. JFK is a fine young center who plays an aggressive game and has good speed. His USHL numbers (50GP, 15-38-53). He is a smart, creative center.
  • No. 89 overall: G Adin Hill, Portland Winterhawks (WHL). 6.03, 185. Led the WHL in save percentage (.921) in a season where his backups were miles behind. I’m no goalie expert but the WHL is a fine league and this fellow has decent size and a growing resume. I don’t like the idea of using a top 60 pick on a goalie and this seems like a reasonable spot for the bet.
  • No. 124 overall: C Alexander Dergachyov, St. Petersburg (Rus Jr). 6.04, 200. Huge center enjoyed a strong season in Russia’s junior league (45GP, 10-29-39) and the scouting report from Elite Prospects suggests legit skill. Alessandro Seren Russo has a nice writeup on him at the Hockey Writers.
  • No. 131 overall: R Sebastian Aho, Kärpät—Assat (SM-Liiga). 5.11, 172. I must be missing something with this player (there’s also a Swedish defender of the same name). According to the records, he played in Finland’s top league and scored well (30GP, 4-9-13) for his age but it’s damn near impossible to find a reasonable scouting report on him. I’d take a flyer, or at least investigate further.
  • No. 154 overall: C Matteo Gennaro, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL). 6.02, 187. A big center with good speed, Gennaro didn’t make the mid-term CS list but ranks No. 127 on the final list. Cody Nickolet marked him back in October and he is a good prospect from the Oilers back yard (he’s from St. Albert and Fernando Pisani is his cousin). His boxcars (72GP, 16-15-31) aren’t impact level but the scouting report suggests a range of skills.
  • No. 184 overall: G Jordan Papirny, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL). I thought they might take him last season, and Papirny’s improved play this year may get him selected (but not until late).

There’s a lack of Euro’s on this list but the nature of the draft is that we don’t get a strong impression of the kids across the pond until after the U18’s (on currently). The next four weeks will be very important in that area. Beginning soon (in the next week or so) I’ll start passing along the ‘Oilers and the WHL‘ posts and we’ll have a long look at Bob Green at that point as well.

It was a fun day. The thing to remember is this: Edmonton is in a very good position to deliver a strong draft this year but it’s just the beginning. Draft is followed by develop and it takes time. We’ll get a very good indication this season, because there is potential to swing for the fences on almost every pick. The draft is that deep.

The Oilers center depth chart is strong enough now (in my opinion) for the team to focus on other needs. I wrote that last sentence before the lottery and decided to keep it.

550 Responses to "2015 MOCK DRAFT (OILERS EDITION)"

« Older Comments
  1. flyfish1168 says:

hags9k:
    Was in CGY last week for the Flames clinching game vs LA.12th row seats and full tab on the house, company guest.It was a rocking barn, electric atmosphere and great hockey.I was miserable.As I watched the place go crazy, and the Flames rush their goalie, through the bottom of another Keith’s I thought to myself, OK, this has to be the end.My Oiler fan misery had FINALLY found its nadir.I thought to myself, we are going to win that fucking lottery.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!!

I can’t stop saying Yahoooooooo to all the f*cken phlegm fans.

2. dangilitis says:

There are so many posts here so I don’t know if anyone has gone through this exercise yet.:

2010 (W): 48.2%
    2011 (NJD W, Edm 1st): 48.2%
    2012 (W, Edm 1st): 18.8%
    2015 (W, Edm 1st): 11.5%

Chances of them picking 1st in all 4 of these drafts was 0.5%.

Thanks hockey gods, thank you, thank you

————————-

BTW, I found this article really interesting for those of you who don’t believe in the Yak attack (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1138248-2012-nhl-draft-order-lottery-odds-and-pick-by-pick-projections/page/2)

3. dangilitis says:

Woodguy: Lucinius:
    Man…

Buchberger is going to have a really good player on his team when he coaches the Edmonton Oilers next year.

You!!

Out!!!!!

Hey, lets lay off Bucky comments, just for tonight –
    (Carla and my wife are good friends, and he is my ticket to a signed McDavid jersey for my little boy!)

4. Rocknrolla says:

NYCOIL "Taking Photos":
    Hi everyone, I’m a little late to the party. I am in Kanazawa, Japan, at the fish market. My phone starts buzzing like crazy. I forgot it was lottery day. I see the phone I start laughing. My mother asks what’s

Cool, I am heading to Kanazawa in November for a conference. What are some cool things to see there? Will it be on your travel blog?

5. Scotty LaDouche says:

The tale of the Oilers just got Shakespearean.

6. RexLibris says:

C depth solved.

Now, go sign a FA goalie and defenseman (Ehrhoff?).

Keep the Penguins pick unless, as mentioned above, Chicago offers Hjalmarsson and take the falling D, or better yet, as LT mentioned in an earlier post, trade up for Kyington.

Start to put some pieces together for next season but ensure that you still provide shelter for some of the young forwards.

Pouliot – Nugent-Hopkin – Eberle

Hall – McDavid – Yakupov

Purcell – Lander – Pakarinen or Pitlick

Klinkhammer – Gordon – Hendricks

Leave Draisaitl in the AHL for half a season.

Ehrhoff – Klefbom

Marincin – Nikitin

Schultz – Ference

Davidson

It isn’t a pretty defense, but it’s an improvement on what we saw this past season. And temporary when you can move Nikitin or Ference at the deadline and bring up either Musil or Nurse.

7. RexLibris says:

It has been alluded to already, but if we want to search for obvious signs of Eastern media bias then keep an eye out for scouting lists that drop McDavid to 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th best prospect in this draft year.

Gerrymandering the scouting lists to try and influence one’s preferred outcome wouldn’t be all that surprising given the emotional investment involved.

8. RexLibris says:

frjohnk: Schultz?

I just don’t see MacTavish moving him.

Unless…

Schultz and the Penguins’ 1st to Pittsburgh for Olli Maatta and a 2nd round pick?

Nah…they’d never do that.

RexLibris:

OR stories about McDavid’s signability. I suspect we’ll see that quickly.

10. Gerta Rauss says:

RexLibris,

I believe he meant Fayne…no Fayne in your D lineup

11. frjohnk says:

RexLibris: I just don’t see MacTavish moving him.

Unless…

Nah…they’d never do that.

I meant Fayne. I knew you were missing someone. Might be the amaretto.

I ended up deleting my comment.

12. Stelio Kontos says:

OR his mem cup collapse (should they not win).

13. marty62 says:

RexLibris,

no i dont think so. Its that self same Eastern Media that has been building him up as the second coming of Christ since the kid was 15. they now just have to sit there and suck on it. he will go to the team that they hate the most

14. Kmart99 says:

I love everyone and everything.

15. wheatnoil says:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but…

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

16. book¡je says:

dangilitis:

2010 (W): 48.2%
    2011 (NJD W, Edm 1st): 48.2%
    2012 (W, Edm 1st): 18.8%
    2015 (W, Edm 1st): 11.5%

Chances of them picking 1st in all 4 of these drafts was 0.5%.

Thanks hockey gods, thank you, thank you

————————-

If they had won in either of the last two years, you would have included those as well. Therefore you shouldn’t exclude them here. still big odds but not quite 1/200.

17. misfit says:

This time last year, our center depth was Nuge-Gagner-Gordon-Arcobello. Probably the worst in the league. Now we’re looking at McDavid-Nuge-Draisaitl as our long term middlemen and they’re all under 24.

Also, thinking about Hall and McDavid as linemates makes my stomach hurt (in a good way).

18. Gerta Rauss says:

RexLibris,

I agree with a lot of your lineup-I too have McD penciled in with Hall on the LW

I agree with Godot, I’d be looking for a RW for that line

Pouliot- RNH-Eberle
    Hall-McDavid-x
    Hendrix-Gordon-Klink
    Purcell-Lander-Yak

*edit2- WOOT

19. marty62 says:

yaaaaaaaahhh Lowetide is still alive!!!

20. VanOil says:

Last September the Oilers center depth was two NHL players and mud. This September it will be diamonds waiting to be polished.

RNH-McDaivd-Lander-Gordon-Draisaitl-Yakimov

I suspect this won`t be the year the Oilers learn not to rush young fowards to the NHL

21. VanOil says:

misfit,

Beat me to it

22. LadiesloveSmid says:

Gerta Rauss:
    RexLibris,

I agree with Godot, I’d be looking for a RW for that line

Pouliot- RNH-Eberle
    Hall-McDavid-x
    Hendrix-Gordon-Klink
    Purcell-Lander-Yak

Justin Williams would be a pretty good fit I think. Can score, great possession player. Playing with Hall-McDavid is some nice incentive

23. Ray says:

Gerta Rauss:
    RexLibris,

I agree with Godot, I’d be looking for a RW for that line

Pouliot- RNH-Eberle
    Hall-McDavid-x
    Hendrix-Gordon-Klink
    Purcell-Lander-Yak

*edit2- WOOT

Matty will write a story about Staford looking good in that spot. I think Justin Williams would be better

24. marty62 says:

I agree with Lowetide you have to at least try out McJesus centering Hall and Yak

Then you have them and Nugey and Ebs and Pouliot

Drai Lander and whomever wow just wow Damn im out of bee switching to wine and whiskey

25. misfit says:

McDavid moves the timeline up significantly, and now we need to start thinking about the real needs of this team…we still don’t have a Finn.

26. Kitchener says:

Psyche,

Kitchener here from Eastern Canada, cheering like hell for the McJesus lotto victory. This isn’t East vs West, it’s Oil fans vs everyone else. And most people aren’t Oilers fans, yet.

27. Ray says:

Thinking a right shot centre to play on RW might be a good UFA target. Santorelli?

28. Tire Fire says:

Ugh, did nobody watch that video I posted of DSF? And I was so pleased with myself for finding it.

29. marty62 says:

misfit,

Pakarinen could come in and play with Lander and Drai Theres your Finn

30. Kitchener says:

Scotty LaDouche,

It’s the best story in hockey. There’s a group of people who’ve been married to the team for years and we’ll have the biggest smiles come harvest.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Kitchener says:

marty62,

The internet is a wonderful thing.

32. frjohnk says:

Tire Fire:
    Ugh, did nobody watch that video I posted of DSF?And I was so pleased with myself for finding it.

Repost it. I’ll watch it

33. Unicorns says:

RexLibris:
    C depth solved.

Now, go sign a FA goalie and defenseman (Ehrhoff?).

Pouliot – Nugent-Hopkin – Eberle

Hall – McDavid – Yakupov

Purcell – Lander – Pakarinen or Pitlick

Klinkhammer – Gordon – Hendricks

Leave Draisaitl in the AHL for half a season.

Ehrhoff – Klefbom

Marincin – Nikitin

Schultz – Ference

Davidson

Why Rex do you put the rookie off side? Why not the vet?

34. marty62 says:

in another meaningless side note who the hell is playing net for the Jets tonight…? He is wearing Pavelecs jersey…………

35. Gerta Rauss says:

LadiesloveSmid,

Ray,

Ha!

I was looking at Justin Williams as well

The D needs a lot of work

36. Kitchener says:

misfit,

Agreed that Hall seems the natural fit for game one with McJesus.

What makes my stomach hurt (in a good way) is that the 2nd & 3rd lines will only have one 1OV pick apiece. The Oil will create defensive mismatches for years!

37. Stelio Kontos says:

misfit,

Yeah our Finnish defensemen is playing in buffalo. Raj Dammit.

38. RexLibris says:

Gerta Rauss:
    RexLibris,

I believe he meant Fayne…no Fayne in your D lineup

Dammit. I knew I’d forgotten someone.

Tired. and very headachy for some reason. Can’t think why.

39. marty62 says:

Kitchener,

It surely is

40. Магия 10 says:

dangilitis:

2010 (W): 48.2%
    2011 (NJD W, Edm 1st): 48.2%
    2012 (W, Edm 1st): 18.8%
    2015 (W, Edm 1st): 11.5%

Chances of them picking 1st in all 4 of these drafts was 0.5%.

Thanks hockey gods, thank you, thank you

————————-

41. marty62 says:

RexLibris,

Its cause you arent drinking enough…. time to break the lock on the liquor cabinet…..

42. RexLibris says:

Lowetide: OR stories about McDavid’s signability. I suspect we’ll see that quickly.

They’ll try but that sort of thing can be quickly put to rest by the player, his family, his agent, etc.

Then they’ll move on to a Connor McDavid free-agency countdown clock…(checking)…nope, one does not yet exist on the internet. Give it five minutes.

I wrote back in November that if the Oilers won the McDavid lottery the entire league was going to have it out for them, or at least many of the league’s other fans.

Honestly, I expect them to be booed on the stage in June.

43. Kitchener says:

RNH/McJesus/Draisaitl > RNH/McJesus/Bennett

No disrespect to Bennett, but that trio of centers has it all.

44. marty62 says:

The only Flame center I wish we could have is Monahan, but i am not going to complain about getting Nurse, he will fit in nicely.

45. Магия 10 says:

“Whether or not it’s the Oilers that are selecting me, anything can happen on draft day, you never know, (but) that’s an unbelievable organization and it will be a true honor to be able to go there,”

See. He’s a true Oilers fan already. Every Oilers fans knows the organization is unbelievable.

46. RexLibris says:

Unicorns: Why Rex do you put the rookie off side? Why not the vet?

You mean Davidson?

I think he and Ference are at approximately the same level in terms of potential rate of errors.

By season’s end he’d likely replace Ference. But as has been mentioned above, I forgot about Fayne, so, two things:

1.) I’m an idiot

2.) Fayne replaces one of Nikitin or Ference on that list.

As ridiculous as this sounds, I’d keep Nikitin because I think he actually has some upside we haven’t seen yet. As LT would say, we have Ference’s abilities and limitations surrounded and that move needs to happen. Turn the page, move on. Nugent-Hopkins is captain material and heaven only knows if McDavid takes the mantle in good time.

47. marty62 says:

Магия 10:

What he just said!!!!! exactly…

48. RexLibris says:

marty62:
    RexLibris,

Why on earth would I ever want to lock my liquor cabinet?

😉

49. Gerta Rauss says:

RexLibris: Dammit. I knew I’d forgotten someone.

Tired. and very headachy for some reason. Can’t think why.

Don’t get me wrong. Adding Fayne to that D corpse is a nice problem to have

50. Магия 10 says:

marty62:

51. marty62 says:

RexLibris: Why on earth would I ever want to lock my liquor cabinet?

I had to assume that…. your head shoudnt hurt till tomorrow when all of us wake up tomorrow late afternoon to a living room full of empty bottles… i still cant believe we won the lottery…..

52. RexLibris says:

Headline: Oilers finally have a player worthy of a No. 1 selection.

Nice.

Don’t you just love how revisionist history allows one to sound intelligent while simultaneously reducing their IQ to that of a garden vegetable.

Sprinkled throughout the list of players chosen first overall are draftees that were always going to fall short of expectations unfairly placed on those whose fate was determined via Powerball.

These players were Patrik Stefan and Rick DiPietro.

And these players are now Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Nail Yakupov.

Remember how LT mentioned we should keep these people in mind?

It’s Justin Cuthbert, for the record.

53. marty62 says:

Магия 10: Well we could complain about those late wins (and Flames losses) that cost us Monahan. But the last laugh is that winning some extra games this year under Nelson hit paydirt.

For sure! I was disappointed that the Flames got him but i was ok with getting Nurse. Its been hard being an oiler fan living in Calgary and watching Monahan blossom. Feeling much better now that we got McJesus

54. NYCOIL "Taking Photos" says:

Rocknrolla,

Yeah, will have you sorted no worries. Lots to see and do.

55. marty62 says:

RexLibris:

Headline: Oilers finally have a player worthy of a No. 1 selection.

Nice.

Remember how LT mentioned we should keep these people in mind?

It’s Justin Cuthbert, for the record.

There is going to be so much of this. Its already been out there…. Nuge is a 3rd line center etc… the future is so much brighter now in Oil Country

56. Bag of Pucks says:

“I’d rather be lucky than good.”
    Craig MacTavish

But seriously folks, as much as we need a 1D with this pick, I think we’re gonna to have pass on Hanifan and go BPA with this pick.

Man, are we going to be hated around the league. Fuck ’em.

57. Магия 10 says:

Магия 10: Was going to calculate that, but what about the holds on 3 and 7? Even the odds on 6 straight loss-less years in the draft are amazing.

Another way to look it is to compound the odds of the 3 straight losses at #1 and the odds of the Oilers retaining it the previous 3 years. It’s likely only a few percent.

58. Bruce McCurdy says:

There’s a lack of Euro’s on this list

I count five of your ten that appear to be Euros. That’s pretty good representation.

59. danny says:

McDavid goes to the dentist. Is this real Life?

60. justDOit says:

Our heel of vodka

which art in cabinet

swallowed be thy game?

61. John Chambers says:

Last week I was thinking what an ugly story it would be if Hall, Eberle, Nuge, etc wanted to be traded and gave up on Edmonton.

I no longer have that fear … This is a great day for so many reasons.

62. marty62 says:

Bag of Pucks:
    “I’d rather be lucky than good.”

Craig MacTavish

Man, are we going to be hated around the league. Fuck ‘em.

Its better to be feared than loved…… Trust me all the haters out there are having visions of McDavid feeding saucer passes up to Hall and Yak Nuge can keep dishing to Ebs and Poo And we still get to see what Drai can develop into…. Wow

63. Pouzar says:

This night keeps getting better

“oh no he diiitttttn’t”

64. Магия 10 says:

marty62: For sure!I was disappointed that the Flames got him but i was ok with getting Nurse.Its been hard being an oiler fan living in Calgary and watching Monahan blossom.Feeling much better now that we got McJesus

When they crow about him and whine about McDavid, remind them they got Monahan from Edmonton by losing their final 3 game that season (Oilers won their last 2).

65. flyfish1168 says:

Eastern reporters starting already. What would it take for us to trade Conner. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2435327-2015-nhl-draft-lottery-what-would-it-take-to-get-connor-mcdavid-from-oilers

This reporter doesn’t understand you can’t trade junk. If it doesn’t include Morgan you won’t get a return call.

66. thurmtim says:

Wow. We have had David POPE, Miro SATAN, we will draft Hockey McJESUS and all we need is “Darth” VLADAR for the whole set! 😉

67. marty62 says:

Магия 10: When they crow about him and whine about McDavid,, remind them they got Monahan from Edmonton by losing their final 3 game of that season.

Damn I like that good advice!

68. John Chambers says:

Bag of Pucks:
    “I’d rather be lucky than good.”

Craig MacTavish

Man, are we going to be hated around the league. Fuck ‘em.

We owe them all nothing but a swift kick to the pants. You want my bet on the next Canadian team to win Stanley: The Edmonton Oilers in 2018!

And that will be the sweetest revenge!

69. marty62 says:

another meaningless side note… Jets played a helluva a game lose in last 20 seconds has to be a ball breaker… they need to stay out of the penalty box

70. marty62 says:

John Chambers: They kicked us when we were down: Zack Kassian, the 2nd line bust shit, The Carolina Hurricsnes stealing our cup, Jay Feaster, this Calgary-model rebuild where everything breaks right for the bad guys. The media mocked us, our pride was robbed.

And that will be the sweetest revenge!

hear hear… what this guy is saying vote Quimby!

71. RexLibris says:

flyfish1168:

This reporter does understand you can’t trade junk. If it doesn’t include Morgan you won’t get a return call.

That’s Willis writing that.

He’s just offering up a comparison of the Lindros deal.

He’s as happy as anyone that the Oilers won the lottery, he’s just professional enough not to crow about it.

72. Numenius says:

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was away all evening and just got news now.

Unbelievable.

73. linkfromhyrule says:

I can’t help but feel like this is what this blog would be like if we won the cup. Mcdavid. Wow.

Mact was being interviewed by Friedman today, sounds like nelson stays unless its someone with a killer resume, although mact may be as drunk as the rest of us when he said that. Mcdavid may have saved Mact’s career

74. Suntory Hanzo says:

flyfish1168,

That’s a laughable suggestion for a trade. Especially from a respected writer.

75. GCW_69 says:

russ99: No need for such drama.

First off dump cap problems, trade Ference and Purcell even if you need to sell lower picks to do so and buy out Nikitin.

Then be super-shrewd making deals with cap strapped teams.

I’d say everyone is on the table, except RNH, Hall, Ebs, Yak, Draisaitl (we need to maximize his trade value), Nurse and Klefbom. I’d keep Pouliot and Marincin and give Schultz one more year too unless the return is too good.

The key is not trading for another cap problem, but to acquire good talent without breaking the bank.

MacT has to stop throwing huge money at problems or we’re going to have to move someone we want to keep in 3 years.

No, a top pairing defender is going to fall to the Oilers without giving up any assets, of course. What was I thinking?

Not one of the deals I noted involves trading for a cap problem.

76. marty62 says:

ha watching TSN all the talking heads are choked…. Oilers now have to trade rest of entire team to get dman…… blah blah blah

77. Ice Sage says:

Will u all be here in the morning?

78. delooper says:

Depending on how good CMD is, and how much of a step forward the youth take, perhaps the Oilers only need one solid NHL D to be a playoff team next year? I don’t think they need any new goaltenders. Bringing in a certifiably-awesome goalie would be a nice luxury item but I worry all we’d learn is that the Oilers D make every goaltender look awful.

79. Bag of Pucks says:

marty62:
    ha watching TSNall the talking heads are choked….Oilers now have to trade rest of entire team to get dman…… blah blah blah

I think it’s only natural that people in other cities are less than enthused. 4 1st OVs is unprecedented and this team has won squat with the first three.

So there’s likely the feeling elsewhere that this bounty is wasted on this inept org. Plus, McDavid is an exciting player that people want to watch and having him out west will certainly hamper that for folks out east.

I’m over the moon thrilled with this, but that feeling is definitely mixed with the feeling that this team cannot waste these precious gifts anymore. They owe it to themselves, their fans and the league to turn these gifts into something special.

This greatly escalates the timeline and urgency to win and that’s a very good thing. But it also greatly increases the need for competent mgmt asap.

4 1OVs including a generational player means this team should not just compete for the Cup, nor should they just win one. Anything less than 2 cups with this core is falling short of what they should achieve imo.

Cap mgmt becomes hugely important now. No more Khabibulin or Ference albatross’s. No more Nikitin and Purcell dead money. And don’t trade Drai. Staying strong down the middle is the key. The Pens haven’t been the same since they lost Staal at 3C.

80. marty62 says:

Bag of Pucks: I think it’s only natural that people in other cities are less than enthused. 4 1st OVs is unprecedented and this team has won squat with thefirst three.

So, there’s likely the feeling elsewhere that this bounty is wasted on this inept org. Plus, McDavid is an exciting player that people want to watch and having him out west will certainly hamper that for folks out east.

4OVs including a generational player means this team should not just compete for the Cup, nor should they just win one. Anything less than 2 cups with this core is falling short of what they should achieve imo.

Cap mgmt becomes hugely important now. No more Khabibulin or Ference albatross’s. No more Nikitin and Purcell dead money.And don’t trade Drai. Staying strong down the middle is the key. The Pens haven’t been the same since they lost Staal at 3C.

well said…… Lets not fuk this up MacT

81. Numenius says:

“The Oilers center depth chart is strong enough now (in my opinion) for the team to focus on other needs.”

Do they still sign Roy for 1 year though? I think I would.

82. commonfan14 says:

Ice Sage: Hmmmm… numerology?

97 = 93 + 4

commonfan14: commonfan14 says:
    December 9, 2014 at 2:38 pm

4 + 97 + 10 = 111

The three 1s line.

We’re totally getting McDavid.

Also, I’m at a very boring meeting.

83. SwedishPoster says:

I was going to make a more rational comment but considering the celebratory ambience here tonight I’ll wait until tomorrow. Tonight it’s high fives and Scar Jo flirty smiles all around.

Wonder if MacT is thinking it’s better to be lucky than to be good tonight?

We also became the most hated team in the league tonight. I love it!

84. Kmart99 says:

Dman and Goalie. That is where 100% of MacT’s efforts must go in the next 4 months.
    A #1 Dman and a #1 Goalie. Oscar looks to be on the cusp of taking on a #2-4 role but he needs better support than Jultz.

85. Kmart99 says:

McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, Yakupov, Nugent-Hopkins, Klefbom, Hall, Eberle

3 Cs, 3 Ws, 2 D. The mind still boggles at how this team was bad enough to be in this position this year.

Playoffs next year?

86. striatic says:

Numenius: Do they still sign Roy for 1 year though? I think I would.

You can always put some of the young Cs on wing to start. If you sign Roy you can go with:

RNH-McDavid-Roy-Gordon

then go with ..

Draisaitl 3LW
    Lander 4LW

or in the AHL depending on where they are after camp.

87. Kmart99 says:

Pou-Nuge-Ebs
    Hall-McDavid-Yak
    Purcell-Lander-???
    Hendricks-Gordon-?Klink?
    Roy?

???-???
    Klefbom-Marincin
    Fayne-????
    Jultz?

I hate that Nikitin and Ference are here. I wonder if any of Musil, Davidson, and Simpson prove ready. I want Nurse to play, but I don’t want to rush him. The dream is that he shows up and is the best D man we have. Not because Oscar struggles, but because Nurse took big strides.

88. striatic says:

RNH – Pouliot – Eberle
    McDavid – Hall – Purcell
    Roy – Draisaitl or Lander – Yakupov
    Gordon – Lander or Klinkhammer – Pitlick [I guess]

You can swap Yak and Purcell, or Hall and Pouliot and your long term plan is going to be McD, RNH, Drai, Lander [hopefully] but it is folly to not sign Roy because it forces Lander and/or Draisaitl onto the team next year if you don’t, and they may not be ready. Don’t gamble at Centre as the Oilers have in the past. Shore it up and improve at wing at the same time. I’m confident these players can play wing and slot in at C when injuries crop up better than any alternative wingers at similar cap hit.

D and G are still a real conundrum though.

89. Kmart99 says:

How will MacT fill the hole in the net? And the holes on D?

90. Kmart99 says:

Lots of talk about Nuge sheltering McDavid. …. I wonder if it doesn’t end up being the other way around. McDavid could easily step in and be a 70+pt 18 yr old against top competition.

Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin…. these guys had pretty good rookie years.

91. hoser313 says:

Hey Feaster,

Yeah Baby!

92. Gerta Rauss says:

striatic: McDavid – Hall – Purcell

Purcell checks a lot of the boxes I have for the RW on that line. I wonder though if he can skate with Hall and McDavid.

Yak ultimately fills that role, just not next season imo

93. Zack says:

Still in disbelief, wow.

I said it this whole season and I firmly stand by it, even with the potential of McDavid being on the roster, I still hope the Oilers sign a quality 2C and let him play wing interchangeably.

Forward depth just some minor tweaking, still a shit load of work to do in terms of the blue.

Pouliot – Nuge – Ebs
    Hall – Vet2C – McDavid
    3W – Lander – Yak
    Hendricks – Gordon – Klink

Tradebait for D: Pit 1st Rounder, Marincin, Drai???, Scultz

94. Dark Asia says:

Trade Eberle for a dman at the draft and sign UFA Stafford. Team is too small and your give CMD two solid veteran wingers next year (Pou and Stafford). The cap eventually forces you to trade one of the small wingers so you might as well do it now with Eberle’s value high. Trade the other #1 and Shultz for a dman plus get rid of Ference & Nik. Goaltending is a disaster that MacT has no clue about and could sink it all again.

Hall RNH Yak
    Pou CMD Stafford
    Drai Lander Purcell
    Hendricks Gordon Klink

Ebs Trade / Fayne
    Klef / UFA
    Marincin / Shultz

95. Seismic Source says:

DSF,

What is your infatuation with Alan? It’s getting creepy. We just won the most valuable asset in hockey and your committed to putting a negative spin on it. I get it. You hate the Oilers but love the Blog.

I’ve read your blog. It’s a disturbing ode to lowetide only missing a closet full of candles and newspaper clippings of Alan.

Please. Let us enjoy the fucking day.

96. jake70 says:

Man my Sunday morning coffee tasting extra good today. I can’t wait for the first overtime with 3 on 3 – the weaponry (Yak, Hall, Nuge, Eberle, Pouliot, McDavid).

In a way, the Oilers are the perfect scenario for McDavid, like someone mentioned, a bunch of young guys, 3 first overalls to help him deal with that aspect of it. He can sit back, play some softer minutes and not expected to be a true franchise ‘savior’ immediately.

WOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYYAYYA!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

98. Seismic Source says:

Lol.

I’ve been living in Thailand and working in Singapore the last 7 years. I woke up this morning to find out we won the lottery and as luck would have it, it was water festival day(Sonkran). It felt like the whole country was celebrating with me.

99. stevezie says:

I hope the folks advocating trading the pick recognize the irony of criticising “smartest man in the room” syndrome.

100. NYCOIL "Taking Photos" says:

Dark Asia:

Hall RNH Yak
    Pou CMD Stafford
    Drai Lander Purcell
    Hendricks Gordon Klink

Ebs Trade / Fayne
    Klef / UFA
    Marincin / Shultz

Drew Stafford? Really? Matty, we know it’s you.

101. NYCOIL "Taking Photos" says:

Sign Paul Martin, trade the Pittsburgh 1st for Hjalmarsson and a pick coming back (2nd or 3rd). Sign Soderberg, sign Winnik, sign Neuvirth to stick it up Murray’s you know what, re-sign Roy.
    Free up 8.25M by trading with salary retained or buying out Nikitin, Ference, Purcell

Hall-Soderberg-yakupov
    McJesus-Nuge-Eberle
    Pouliot -Roy-lander
    Hendricks-Gordon-Klinkhammer
    Winnik

Martin-Schultz
    Marincin-Hjalmarsson (yes I know two left shots)
    Klefbomb-fayne

Hall-Soderberg-yakupov
    McJesus-Nuge-Eberle
    Pouliot -Roy-lander
    Hendricks-Gordon-Klinkhammer
    Winnik

Martin-Schultz
    Marincin-Hjalmarsson (yes I know two left shots)
    Klefbomb-fayne
    Davidson

Neuvirth
    Scrivens

Playoffs

I like this. I do think it might take more to get Hjalmarsson, but your additions are exactly what is needed.

104. Ben says:

Wonder what Stauffer was on about with his very specific Draisatl + Marinin for Seth Jones talk.

Love Draisaitl, but would do that kind of deal.

105. meanashell11 says:

marty62:

I can’t wait to see Nurse bitch slapping those Flame centers around for the next decade!

106. kinger_OIL says:

PhrankLee,

YOu know we talked about hving some from the Big Smoke get together for the draft: but Sat night @ 8 wasn’t an ideal time: I can’t imagine how stupid all the GTA LT deciples would have been, in some bar in T.O. cheering like hell: woulda coulda shoulda…

107. book¡je says:

Woodguy,

I was going to do the same but slept in by 1.5 hours – first time in a while – it’s a sign from McDavid!

108. PhrankLee says:

kinger_OIL,

We should have. My neighbor rolled her eyes mightily at my son screaming in the back yard last night.

Wow are NHL fans bitter about this.

0= the fuc*s I give.

Woo!

109. lance says:

The Lowetide title just got extended by ten more years. I have thoughts about this mgmt team certainly but it’s a bit like trying to hold out against the CD. At some point we all bought our first digital player and album. With last nights historic result, I guess I gotta start watching the games again.

I was worried that I wouldn’t know who won. I was refreshing the thread regular, then suddenly I got four texts in five seconds. My wife makes fun of me because I still seem to care about corporate teams of millionaire kids, but she wasn’t there when Wayne was traded. And while I’d love to shake the Union of this media muzzling team, it’s apparently not likely. I think like Catholics I’m just scarred for life.

So here is to our collective faith in bad religion. We’re addicts together of worthless diversions. I’m glad I found this circle. And while I cannot bed believe that pro sports can have real fruit, this morning I feel I can accept my weakness for MSM fueled fandom and look forward to seeing kids do things I will never achieve, I can accept my world to include being a pro sports fan, and again admit in public that yes, the Oilers are my team.

Boho logo, I really wanna meet you. That post about the trials of long term oiler fandom as a justification for last night’s win was another greatly appreciated comment from your long list of imo incredible posts.

110. VanOil says:

Did last night really happen? I am a bit groggy and seemed to have the wildest dream…

Oh, wow, you had it too

111. Bank Shot says:

Katz needs to shift Lowe and Mact into figurehead roles asap!

Having McDavid is a godsend, and it signals that as Lowetide would put it, “The rubber needs to meet the road”.

The Oilers have a killer 3 year window to make use of McDavid’s entry level contract, and then they will surely start bleeding talent.

Bring in an experienced GM and coach and we can watch magic happen.

112. slopitch says:

Oh happy day!

113. book¡je says:

So, if one could get a return like Lindros got for McDavid, it would seem logical to trade him.

However, that ignores the ‘attractive affect’ that a player like McDavid has for free agents and players with NTC’s.

This immediately changes the Edmonton is the least attractive market to play in. Which to be fair to MacT, is something he inherited.

114. thepeetso says:

I was superstitious about watching the thing, so I didn’t.

I knew we had won, when I received a text message from my brother in law who happens to be a hardcore flames fan.

All it said.

“Absolute horesh*t!!!!”

115. hodgkins says:

My days as an Oilers fan had dwindled this season to no longer watching games, possibly watching game recaps, and reading this blog.

Next year I was supposed to stop paying for Gamecenter. Two boys under the age of 3 and living in Detroit (Eastern Time Zone) and the incessant losing seemed like justification enough to start letting go.

Now this.

“Nobody Told Me” by John Lennon is playing in my head.

Best I’ve felt about the team since 2006.

F*ck!!!!!!!

116. JAG-041 says:

PhrankLee:
    As some of you know I live in Toronto. It was like this last night:

I’m going to the Jays game today
    wearing my Oilers jersey
    Looking forward to a jumbotron shot and a lot of boos
    I’ll do a bow for all of Oil Country!

117. Pouzar says:

I’m still drunk.
    What were we talking about?

118. slopitch says:

Of all the dmen possibly available, what about Chara?

We have all summer to debate dmen. I’m still giddy.

119. Магия 10 says:

Seismic Source:
    DSF,

Please. Let us enjoy the fucking day.

Obviously LT’s alter ego is Smeagol whereas DSF is Gollum.
    We swears to serve the master of the Precious.

120. Doubting Olive says:

This is what happens when you burrow $4m with no intention of paying it back – we rig the lottery.

From a very good movie: “You can go home in an ambulance tonight, John. You owe what you owe, and by the time this tan’s faded……..You wanna have paid!”

How quickly fans of other teams forget how much Pitts sucked before drafting Sid.

And Connor looking like he’s just taken a bite of a shit sandwich? Grow a pair, son. I’m pretty sure you know how the draft works, the worst teams are at the top. You weren’t getting drafted by Detroit or another marquis team. Or did you think you’d start the season wearing the C for Tranna? You are coming to a team with it’s rough edges and frankly baffling management, but the history is there, kid. We used to have a young centre like yourself in the eighties, surrounded by great supporting players. He wrote his name in the stars, and let me tell you, if ever you think you’re hard done by, call Wayne and ask him about the travel and hotels in the early days and wondering if payroll would clear that week.

And we don’t need to worry about D. The eighties oilers never. Just get us a stand-on-his-head goalie powered by coke and we’ll be great. This IS KLowes plan, isn’t it? He knows a thing or two about winning:

1) Get best player in the league

2) Grinder D with the turning circle of the Titanic with one free wheeler who is basically a winger

3) Goalie with obvious addiction problems, but has the reflexes of a cat on speed and chilli powder up it’s butt.

That’s what KLowe know about winning, if there was ever a concern.

121. SwedishPoster says:

Doubting Olive:

From a very good movie:“You can go home in an ambulance tonight, John.You owe what you owe, and by the time this tan’s faded……..You wanna have paid!”

And Connor looking like he’s just taken a bite of a shit sandwich?Grow a pair, son.I’m pretty sure you know how the draft works, the worst teams are at the top.You weren’t getting drafted by Detroit or another marquis team.Or did you think you’d start the season wearing the C for Tranna?You are coming to a team with it’s rough edges and frankly baffling management, but the history is there, kid.We used to have a young centre like yourself in the eighties, surrounded by great supporting players.He wrote his name in the stars, and let me tell you, if ever you think you’re hard done by, call Wayne and ask him about the travel and hotels in the early days and wondering if payroll would clear that week.

And we don’t need to worry about D.The eighties oilers never.Just get us a stand-on-his-head goalie powered by coke and we’ll be great.This IS KLowes plan, isn’t it?He knows a thing or two about winning:

1)Get best player in the league

2)Grinder D with the turning circle of the Titanic with one free wheeler who is basically a winger

3)Goalie with obvious addiction problems, but has the reflexes of a cat on speed and chilli powder up it’s butt.

That’s what KLowe know about winning, if there was ever a concern.

Can Jarret Stoll play in net?

122. raventalon40 says:

I just can’t even right now. I didn’t even consider this as being possible and I still can’t believe it.

I hope they still sign Derek Roy. The guy single-handedly rescued Yakupov’s career and along with Klinkhammer and Hendricks, reignited the Oilers previously non-existent forecheck.

Also of curiousity, does Draisaitl go to the AHL now?

Is it too soon to start doing mock lineups?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
    Pouliot-McDavid-Fraser
    Purcell-Roy-Yakupov
    Hendricks-Gordon-Klinkhammer
    Lander
    Pakarinen

I only put Fraser there to so as to ensure a little crust on that line, although an upgrade at RW there is wanting. Maybe trade a buttload of next year’s picks and Marincin for a guy like Byfuglien… someone to protect McDavid.

123. SwedishPoster says:

Anton Lander being interviewed on swedish television right now. Will try to transcribe.

After a bit of WHC talk he’s talking about his journey to the NHL, up and down the AHL. The expert , who was Antons coach for theree years, is praising his leadership qualities and attitude to the game, says he’s a great human, natural leader, great to have in a group.
    Lander says he’s happy with signing his new contract. Talks about the fans of the Oilers and their suffering, says the fans are “starting to get real angry with us” and how it’s enough with finishing out of the playoffs. Thinks the new arena looks great and looks forward moving in,believe the team has a bright future, looking forward to it. Then some more WC talk and that’s it. Surprisingly no questions about the draft lottery, well not that surprising, the draft isn’t a very big deal in swedish mainstream media, only when swedes are getting selected.

Now back to your regular McDavid news feed.

124. Магия 10 says:

One suspect suspects LT started at another and moved on from there.

125. Surly says:

Another Benefit. Increased jersey sales will provide unexpected revenue that can fund Nikitin’s buyout.

126. Doubting Olive says:

This just in: Next year’s draft will not include any teams beginning with the letter ‘E’.

127. Doubting Olive says:

raventalon40,

If Fraser, or one like him, plays on your 2nd line, the league takes McDavid away. New rule change.

No. You have to roll with:

RNH-Poo-Ebs
    McD-Hall-Yak
    Lenin-Pitlick-Purcell
    Wagons Ho!
    #13 – Gazdic, for old time’s sake.

D is more of a conundrum. We all know it should be:

Klef – ???
    Fayne – ???
    Marincin – ???
    #7 – TCAF

I suspect it will be:

Klef – Schultz
    Fayne – Marincin
    TCAF – NN
    #7 – AHL flavour of the month.

Goalie?

Niemi/Scrivens with LB pushing and MacT not returning Randy’s calls.

Edit: Nurse and Drai tear the AHL a new one, with a few call ups, injury permitting.

128. hags9k says:

Somebody needs to go and do the McDavid edition of that euro gameshow gigglefest that was sent to me at least 5 times this winter.

Who’s laughing now? Wooooooot.

I love everything and everyone.

WOOT!

I say again:

Woot!

130. frjohnk says:

Woodguy:
    WOOT!

I say again:

Woot!

Have you slept?

131. Doubting Olive says:

hags9k:

Who’s laughing now?Wooooooot.

I love everything and everyone.

LOL, yeah, something like this:

Laugher: So Bettman devises this plan so Edmonton can never win the lottery again.

Interviewer: What did he do?

Laugher (starts crying from laughing too much): The NHL do this thing away from the camera, and is so convoluted, even NASA can’t figure the odds. Easiest rig in the world! Then the intern accidently adds Edmonton’s balls because they never told him the plan!!!!!! Hahahahaha! The rest of the league hates us. Hahahahaha! McDavid was actually a bit sick in his mouth! Hahahaha!

Followed by 5 mins solid of laughing.

132. Doubting Olive says:

Woodguy:
    WOOT!

I say again:

Woot!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed!

So let’s talk trades: What can we get for Tambi’s tie?

MacT went down to the crossroads…..

133. DBO says:

In 2016-17 just from internal growth, our lineup is stacked. And with Purcell, Klink, Gordon, Nikitin all off the books ($13 mil plus off books ) we have money for top end goalie and dman.

Hall. McDavid. Eberle
    Pouliot. Nuge . Lander
    Slepeshev . Draisatl. Yakupov
    Hendricks. Yakimov. Chase
    Miller. Platzer

Klefbom. ???
    Nurse. Fayne
    Marincin. Schultz
    Ference

???
    Brossoit

So goalie and top end dman. Big whale hunter MacT. Go get em.

134. flyfish1168 says:

So much to be happy for the Oilers I hardly slept. 🙂

135. Maurey says:

I like 6’5″, 200lbs, Right D Brandon Carlo at #16. Not much sense grabbing another LD prospect who will have to sit behind youngsters Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin, Laleggia, Davidson, Musil, Simpson, Hunt, Gernat, Lagesson, Betker and 2 veterans in Nikitin and Ference on the left side, Hopefully Nikitin and Ference will be gone soon, but the top 4 or 5 youngsters on the left are pretty legit. The RD cupboard is really bare. Veteran Fayne and Schultz. That’s it. I also don’t see much point in drafting a player that high in the draft that doesn’t project as a top 6 forward so wingers don’t make much sense there and the Oilers seem pretty set at center. Goalies are voodoo (too hard to predict) so I don’t think I’d spend it on a goalie. Big right D seems the most logical choice. I know, I know, everyone always says BPA but when your team has a big hole in one spot and really big imbalance like on LD, you just can’t ignore that.

136. PhrankLee says:

I am happiest for my 18 yr old son. Living in Toronto is not the most receptive place when you are a kid and an Oiler fan.

He’s unwavering and strictly loyal and phoned me last night all drunk and happy.

Awesome.

137. raventalon40 says:

Doubting Olive,

I was just posting in terms of our current lineup. If you actually had read what I said, I wrote we should replace that RW slot with someone like Byfuglien.

DBO:

Hall. McDavid. Eberle
    Pouliot. Nuge . Lander
    Slepeshev . Draisatl. Yakupov
    Hendricks. Yakimov. Chase
    Miller. Platzer

Klefbom. ???
    Nurse. Fayne
    Marincin. Schultz
    Ference

???Brossoit

So goalie and top end dman. Big whale hunter MacT. Go get em.

What do you think happens now with Matt O’Connor?

138. raventalon40 says:

Surly:
    Another Benefit.Increased jersey sales will provide unexpected revenue that can fund Nikitin’s buyout.

I’d buy out Ference before Nikitin, based on term alone, but am aware Nikitin makes the bigger number and is injury prone. That being said, Nikitin’s contract expires at the end of the year and if he does in fact recover a bit this coming season, will make a good trade deadline sweetener next March, whereas Ference has a NMC.

raventalon40:
    Doubting Olive,

What do you think happens now with Matt O’Connor?

He might go to Buffalo with his college buddy Jack Eichel?

140. Doubting Olive says:

raventalon40:
    Doubting Olive,

What do you think happens now with Matt O’Connor?

No, I read your post. However you justify it, you still put a borderline AHL player on the 2nd line. Never in a month of Sundays. ‘Tis a silly idea. And stop pandering to the ‘grititude’ narrative. Yak will be fine on his wing.

Jeez, we win the lottery and still we’re wanting face punchers.

141. kooler says:

NYCOIL "Taking Photos",

Like the lines but don’t you need Wayne Simmonds / David Backes / Blake Wheeler type in there? Afraid we have a lot of talented players but can they handle the big teams.

142. season not played says:

What was the line MacT spewed about whichever team wins the lottery? Someone was going to get a lot smarter, or something to that effect. I guess if nothing else, MacT gets a chance to prove he is the stupidest GM in hockey.

I am as happy as anyone to have won the lottery last night but Conner McDavid does not make the Oilers a playoff team in its current configuration, not even close. The Oilers will probably give it a year to evaluate everything before they consider trading off extraneous one dimensional offensive players for pieces that will help them win, and that’s maybe the right thing to do. Maybe though, the right thing to do is to move the blueline and goaltending cluster further ahead of where it is now and more in line with a forward group that even with the subtraction of a couple of impact offensive guys would still have the required firepower to win given the addition of McDavid. If MacT isn’t at least making phone calls that involve the availability of Hall, one of Eberle or Yakupov, Draisaitl, Pittsburghs pick, Jultz and whatever periphery pieces required for a young long term solution in net, some actual good two way forwards and some impact defencemen then he isn’t doing his job. This mess won’t be fixed with the addition of McDavid, or through free agency, or through the natural development of all these young players. This method of sit back and wait for it to happen will land this team at the end of McDavids ELC, no further ahead, in cap hell trying to figure out a way to build a hockey team properly.

The biggest win from the lottery, in my opinion, is that it gave the Oilers an extremely accelerated opportunity for a redo on the rebuild. Build it up the middle, build it realizing it takes more than flashy toe drags to win in this league, build it with the knowledge that you require more than two competent penalty killers, build it with long term cap management in mind.

Unfortunately though, I am a beat down Oilers fan and the glow of last night has already worn off. I am now preparing myself to watch Mac T fuck up a situation that should be unfuckupable.

143. Maurey says:

Maurey,

Or Nicolas Meloche (6′-2″, 195 lbs) RD for Baie-Comeau.

144. Jaxon says:

#1 – C – Connor McDavid
    #16 – RD – Nicolas Meloche, RD – Brandon Carlo, RD – Jeremy Roy, RD- Noah Juulsen.
    #33 – G – Mackenzie Blackwood, or G – Matej Tomek, if these goalies are gone, then pick LW – Yakov Trenin and pick a goalie at #56. Another chance at a psuedo Yakov line with Yakov Trenin, Yakimov, Yakupov line.
    #56ish – RW – Keegan Kolesor – if the goalies were gone at #33, pick G – Maxim Tretiak (yes, his grandson)
    #78ish – RD – Austin Strand
    #85ish – RD – Will Borgen
    #90ish – LW – Ryan Gropp
    #124 – LW – Vladimir Tkachyov (currently ranked 159th of North American Skaters for this draft, so he might go all the way through. He hasn’t had the amazing year some expected)

145. NYCOIL "Taking Photos" says:

LT,
    Bit late to ask and I scanned through the other threads but it’s been a high traffic week for you(I wonder why) so forgive me if you answered it, but is there something behind your Vlasic commentary? I would think he is part of the untouchable core with Couture.

Would think it would cost a king’s ransom to pry him away.

Hjalmarsson or Staal on the other hand are on teams up against the cap. Pittsburgh pick would certainly get people’s attention in this draft. Especially as the Rangers yet again don’t have a first.

« Older Comments