MYSTÈRE

It’s a wonder these kids with the mammoth boxcars don’t get drafted. Alexis Loiseau signed a pro contract with the Bakersfield Condors this spring and he has a real chance to make some noise in California beginning September. Loiseau is a very skilled center and romped through the QMJHL season scoring at will. I saw him at the orientation game, creative, quick player, seemed to have good speed as well. Small sample size, and of course everything’s a blur, but he’s a good pro prospect.

• Loiseau: “I know I can play in this league. I have to get a little bit bigger and a little bit stronger. I think my hockey sense is my big asset. I can keep my game the same in the pros but I need to get a little bit stronger.” Source

scoring qThat’s some very nice company. Loiseau scored a bunch on the power play but is far from a one trick pony.

loiseau boxcarsHe’s a very skilled player, we’ll find out about the rest during the next few seasons. The key item for Oilers fans is this: The team is gathering some terrific players with AHL deals and that’s a very good thing. Now, let’s not get ahead of ourselves, there are no Wayne Gretzky’s available in this part of the procurement pool. However, there are good players who come into the pro game via this door and a recent example (Mark Arcobello) chose Edmonton’s pipeline to make his way to the NHL.

Loiseau has work to do and may never sign an NHL deal. That said, among this year’s Arcobello’s I think this is the best bet to have a real pro career. Lordy he’s got skill.

BAKERSFIELD 15-16

20 Responses to "MYSTÈRE"

1. RexLibris says:

there are…Wayne Gretzky’s available in this part of the procurement pool.

You heard it here first, folks!

What you call quoted out of context I call facilitated interpretation of an open medium.

🙂

2. RexLibris says:

Just had a look at Conor Garland.

5.8″, 163lbs, taken in the 3rd round by Arizona.

He went from 54 pts to 129 pts in QMJHL year 2 to year 3.

Looking for the Gaudreau effect, I suspect.

3. JD¡™ David O'Connor's Reel says:

RexLibris: I call facilitated interpretation of an open medium.

This, coming from a Riders’ fan!

JD¡™ David O’Connor’s Reel: Help I’ve fallen and can’t get up!

Photo or it never happened.

5. JD¡™ David O'Connor's Reel says:

RexLibris: For approximately 3 and a half hours this evening I will become a token Saskatchewan fan.

Ahem…go riders.

@ Mrs. LT: Go RIDERS!

6. rickithebear says:

I just looked at Slepyshev’s predicted numbers.
    he received a bump in TOI to 14:53 at start of december.
    He was 25gm 10 EVG 1PPG 3 EVA 2EVA .400 EVG/gm .520 EVP/gm
    The KHL has an NHLE of .65 but the Division Slep played in yields .70
    the AHL is.44
    65/44 = 1.477
    70/44 = 1.591

Slep played in a league 48 to 59% harder than AHL.

1.477 X .520 = .768 EVP/gm

So you are saying Slepyshev is going to play wing with Moroz and Kessey at Center.

rickithebear:
    I just looked at Slepyshev’s predicted numbers.
    he received a bump in TOI to 14:53 at start of december.
    He was 25gm 10 EVG 1PPG 3 EVA 2EVA .400 EVG/gm .520 EVP/gm
    The KHL has an NHLE of .65 but the Division Slep played in yields .70
    the AHL is.44
    65/44 = 1.477
    70/44 = 1.591

Slep played in a league 48 to 59% harder than AHL.

1.477 X .520 = .768 EVP/gm

Yes. I also think he may play with David Musil when they put him on the wing. 🙂

Oilers are very famous for giving their new hires a TOI slap early. Suspect it remains so for Slepy.

8. stush18 says:

Lowetide: Yes. I also think he may play with David Musil when they put him on the wing.

I think mr bear makes a good point though.

Why would you move a player to a lesser league? For twenty games to get used to ice size , playing conditions, etc.

But I really think he might be the first call up if a winger goes down in the top nine. I think a lot of us are underestimating him.

stush18: I think mr bear makes a good point though.

Why would you move a player to a lesser league?For twenty games to get used to ice size , playing conditions, etc.

The nature of RE is “reasonable expectations” and the Oilers didn’t give Yakimov big minutes until Lander’s callup. Slepyshev’s handling is unlikely to change, despite the Oilers’ claims of changing the system. They may TELL the coaches to play the kids, but Eric Rodgers info suggests otherwise.

10. RexLibris says:

JD¡™ David O’Connor’s Reel: This, coming from a Riders’ fan!

Yeah, but this is the CFL.

“Riders’ fan” has two possible interpretations – regardless of the extinction of one franchise.

#plausibledeniability

11. spoiler says:

RexLibris: Yeah, but this is the CFL.

#plausibledeniability

The other team’s nickname was the Roughies.

Possibly pronounced Roofies…

12. JD¡™ David O'Connor's Reel says:

Owen ate. Oh, zose Roughies.

13. Stelio Kontos (Formerly Zangetsu-Formerly Thinker) says:

That was a good game between two dirty teams. Curious how good Calgary actually is. Labor day should be interesting.

Lots of exciting football this fall, with the Golden Bears coming on again, and at least one of the Huskies and Wildcats are always competitive. I wish more people supported the junior football programs in this city. Edmonton, and Alberta are powerhouses when it comes to developing football talent.

14. Bootstrap Effexor says:

Apropos of nothing much once again (yet another testament to my one-track mind) I was just thinking that if Shakespeare were alive today, the media production—am I dating myself?—that he would be busy authoring—is that still a word?—would be called “A Comedy of Upgrades”.

Honest to god, I can not remember the last time a software “upgrade” improved a single feature I actually use (perhaps thousands of features I don’t use somehow fared better).

Today our new library software (which I’ve been avoiding during its teething pains) failed to locate books when supplied with either the complete author name or the complete title, but did find the desired items if I input a single word from either of those and then scrolled madly through the resultant list. Apparently “search” is a low-priority feature in today’s media scene.

“Upgrade” must presently rank as the most abused word in the English language. I hereby cast my 100% firm vote for the Zeitgeist 2015 Battered Word Award.

How did it come to this?

Well, I can hazard a guess. Suppose those two plumbers from Central Services in the movie Brazil fell in with Vincent Vega, who showed them how to forge a 27 B stroke 6 on the back of a still-damp foil wrapper from yesterday’s Klusterfuck Royale Kalamari burger (not much porpoise, we promise!)—just for starters.

Send. Connor. Soon.

I’m dying here.

———

Lowetide.ca aptly responds:

Your request timed out. Please retry the request.

Christ. Somebody hand me The Complete Three’s Company and a 2 L box of Baby Duck. I need to reset my frame of reference waaay under the shark.

Don Knotts has timed out your request. Please try again. Andy.

16. NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker" says:

Bootstrap Effexor,

Now that was pure gold, sir.

Imagine both Slepyshev and Yakimov outperform Zykov. Does that redeem MBS at all? MacT? Who gets the credit? Does the voice of history change (The Oilers can’t draft at all outside the first round and actually can’t even get their first overalls right (Seguin > Hall, Landeskog > Nuge, Everyone > Yakupov))?

Not likely #BecauseOilersHate

But worth a ponder.

17. Ice Sage says:

Don Knotts has timed out your request. Please try again. Andy.

Suzanne Sommers gave me strabismus. That was some (good ol’ Canadian) skill there, yep.

18. RexLibris says:

Bootstrap Effexor:

Today our new library software (which I’ve been avoiding during its teething pains) failed to locate books when supplied with either the complete author name or the complete title, but did find the desired items if I input a single word from either of those and then scrolled madly through the resultant list.Apparently “search” is a low-priority feature in today’s media scene.

“Upgrade” must presently rank as the most abused word in theEnglish language.I hereby cast my 100% firm vote for the Zeitgeist 2015 Battered Word Award.

How did it come to this?

Well, I can hazard a guess.Suppose those two plumbers from Central Services in the movie Brazil fell in with Vincent Vega, who showed them how to forge a 27 B stroke 6 on the back of a still-damp foil wrapper from yesterday’s Klusterfuck Royale Kalamari burger (not much porpoise, we promise!)—just for starters.

Send. Connor. Soon.

I’m dying here.

———

Lowetide.ca aptly responds:

Your request timed out. Please retry the request.

Christ.Somebody hand me The Complete Three’s Company and a 2 L box of Baby Duck.I need to reset my frame of reference waaay under the shark.

Don’t even get me started on software upgrades.

Especially those that pertain to catalogue searches, system supports and the like.

I’ve been through dozens of dozens and what ends up happening every time is that we learn new ways to search around a defective or poorly designed product.

It took years for the designers to finally provide a reasonable and effective Sirsi product after rolling out their initial offering and it still gives newbies nightmares trying to get it to even pretend to volunteer information.

19. geowal says:

NYCOIL “Gentleman Backpacker”: Imagine both Slepyshev and Yakimov outperform Zykov. Does that redeem MBS at all? MacT? Who gets the credit?

Cynical answer? Chiarelli. As long as they don’t break in and get noticed until next year or later the media in laziness will credit the new regime.

20. The Hermit says:

Bootstrap Effexor: Lowetide.ca aptly responds:
    Your request timed out. Please retry the request.

Rainbows and lollipops once the new site is deployed I’m sure.