DRAFT POST 15: GIMME SHELTER

I have been saying all spring that the Edmonton Oilers could be successful by keeping the forward group, adding some legit (but not necessarily sexy) defense and perhaps a backup goalie. This does not appear to be the path being chosen by Peter Chiarelli. I fear we will hear about changing culture after the draft, and it is not clear at all today the Oilers are heading in a good direction.

We talked about P.K. Subban as an option last night, I still don’t really believe it, but Pierre Lebrun reported on the activity and we do know the no move portion kicks in soon. I do have Subban on my list, but have never really believed he belonged.

1. LD Hampus Lindholm, Anaheim Ducks. Perfect fit, if available.
  2. PK Subban, Montreal Canadiens. If available, shoot the moon.
  3. Travis Hamonic, NY Islanders. Perfect fit, if available.
  4. Kevin Shattenkirk, St. Louis Blues. Shoot the moon—for one year?
  5. Jason Demers, Dallas Stars. Wilford Brimley: The right thing to do.
  6. Tyson Barrie, Colorado Avalanche. No idea the price.
  7. Radko Gudas, Philadelphia Flyers. Strong, effective defender.
  8. David Savard, Columbus Blue Jackets. Range of skills.
  9. LD Brian Campbell, Florida Panthers. Moves up with yesterday’s news.
  10. Damon Severson, New Jersey Devils. A nice underlying option.
  11. Mark Pysyk, Buffalo Sabres. The numbers imply there is a player here.
  12. Ryan Pulock, New York Islanders. Big shot from the point has high value. Very young.
  13. LD Keith Yandle, NY Rangers. Moves down with yesterday’s news.
  14. Ryan Murphy, Carolina Hurricanes. Some chaos, but good speed and puck-moving ability.
  15. Brandon Montour, Anaheim Ducks. This could be a special player.
  16. Cody Franson, Buffalo Sabres. That hammer from the point would come in handy and he fits a real need.
  17. Jordan Schmaultz, St. Louis Blues. Puck-moving prospect.
  18. Anthony DeAngelo, Tampa Bay Lightning. Another player with a puck-moving element to his game.
  19. Colin Miller, Boston Bruins. With the other Miller signing, maybe he is available.
  20. LD David Schlemko, New Jersey Devils. Depth D, has some nice things.
  21. Ville Pokka, Chicago Blackhawks. Young defender in the Chicago system.
  22. Ryan Sproul, Detroit Red Wings. Puck-moving defender in the AHL.
  23. Dennis Wideman, Calgary Flames. A year removed from a fantastic offensive season.
  24. RD Dan Boyle, New York Rangers. Retiring, but he is the player they are looking for—early, not late in his career.

Could you do it? Could you run this roster with both Lucic and Hall? I think this is more likely:

• Lucic—McDavid—Eberle
  • Pouliot—Nuge—Parenteau
  • Maroon—Leon—Stempniak

If Taylor Hall is traded (and I am not trolling you, this is at least a possible reality) Edmonton has one offensive driver. He is 19. I cannot imagine the Oilers finding anything close to value for Hall on the open market, but there is a chance we see a RHD and RW as part of any potential return.

• Expansion draft reference: NMCs that have to be protected.

Interesting list. Chicago’s protected list is done.

tkachuk capture1

MOCK

This mock uses Bob McKenzie’s final list as a guideline.

• No. 4 overall (1st)—L Matthew Tkachuk, London Knights (OHL): Has terrific offensive ability, great passer, underrated shooter. NHLE: 49. Hyperbole has taken over in regard to skating ability.
  • No. 32 overall (2nd)— C-R Nathan Bastian, Mississauga Steelheads (OHL): Big skill F with smarts. NHLE: 24 points. Probably projects in a checking role, but represents excellent value here.
  • No. 63 overall—LD Cam Dineen, North Bay (OHL): Impressive offense. NHLE: 23. He seems undervalued on many final lists, but for me Dineen has enough offense to be considered a very good bet.
  • No. 84 overall—C Brandon Gignac, Shawinigan (QMJHL). Skill C, nice numbers. NHLE: 19 points.
  • No. 91 overall—R Wade Allison, Tri-City Storm (USHL). Size, skill, spiked in final CS ranking. NHLE: 19.
  • No. 123 overall—RD Jordan Sambrook, Erie Otters (OHL). Solid two-way D, may be undervalued. NHLE: 11 points. He is 6.02, 187.
  • No. 149 overall—R Egor Babenko, Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL). Small, very skilled. NHLE: 23 points.
  • No. 153 overall—LD Sebastian Aho, Skelleftea (SHL). Undersized, puck moving D. NHLE: 20 points.
  • No. 183 overall—RD Jake Ryczek, Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL). Appears to be a spark offensively. NHLE: 16 points.

Today on the Lowdown, I will have a mock draft. Along with Paul Almeida, we will run through the first 15 picks, with help from folks like Sarah McLellan, Kirk Luedeke, Bill Hoppe and others. Always chaotic and a lot of fun! Frank Seravalli will also appear at 11:25. 10 this morning, TSN1260.

CHAT

I have written several times this spring about the possibility of the Oilers trading Taylor Hall. The reaction from some of you has been swift and negative, and I understand that feeling—trading him makes little sense to me. I began the spring thinking that Hall for Subban would satisfy the asset value, but begin summer thinking only Hampus Lindholm (and his lower cap hit) represents fair value.

The Milan Lucic news from yesterday (in my opinion) puts Edmonton on a collision course with a mammoth contract for the former Bruins winger. There are ways around dealing Hall—Benoit Pouliot could be dealt—but let’s get real the likely move is Hall for a RHD.

Since the moment we found out Connor McDavid would be an Oiler, the mind struggled to find superlatives for this stunning forward group. The two men have had one season—less, really—and it looks as though No. 4 will be cashed for blue.

There is more than one way to win—Whitey Herzog and Earl Weaver taught me that 35 years ago—but the Gary Carter trade taught me trading Taylor Hall is not a winning notion.

We wait.

495 Responses to "DRAFT POST 15: GIMME SHELTER"

« Older Comments
  1. Jethro Tull says:

Todd Macallan:
    Dreger: Bergevin is “serious about moving Subban.” Jeez.

Fire, meet gasoline.

2. Магия 10 says:

Todd Macallan:
    Dreger: Bergevin is “serious about moving Subban.” Jeez.

Same rules apply as when Dreger pops off on Hall.

3. Younger Oil says:

godot10:
    All the Tkachuk talk out of Edmonton got Vancouver in the Subban sweepstakes.

#5OV, Tanev, Horvat plus

Very good point.

That is why you don’t tip your cards too early.

To be fair though, that VAN offer is better than the Draisaitl offer. Not better than the Hall one though.

4. Centre of attention says:

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 2m2 minutes ago
    Hearing @EdmontonOilers very interested in P.K. and considering a big ask that includes everyone not named McDavid.

I’m losing my sh*t right now.

5. Picturesque says:

godot10: Chia

6. Магия 10 says:

Picturesque: And Chia could take it all away from the Canucks if he picks Dubois at #4 …that’s a pretty good ace up the sleeve to prevent Subban from playing in our division.

Habs only have to believe he will.

7. Younger Oil says:

Is the press conference on now or pushed back again?

8. Centre of attention says:

Dreger on 1260 thinks that its Draisaitl or nothing. he doesn’t think Peter wants to move Draisaitl.

I say do it 10 out of 10 times.

9. Jethro Tull says:

F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5 ad infinitum.

10. Klima's_Bucket says:

Магия 10,

And remember, it’s not a lie, if you believe it….

11. Kiltymcbagpipes says:

Gm meeting was 4-6 so why was press conference scheduled for 5:30?

12. Kiltymcbagpipes says:

Centre of attention:

I say do it 10 out of 10 times.

I bet Hopkins over Draisaitl. And hope

13. Protagonist says:

You know, I love Dr. Drai. But I think I give him up for Subban in the right deal. The RIGHT deal. Something where maybe they eat some salary?

14. Магия 10 says:

Centre of attention:
    Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton92m2 minutes ago

I’m losing my sh*t right now.

Just noticed this on his timeline:

Pierre LeBrunVerified account
    ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
    Lightning announce Ryan Callahan to miss World Cup of Hockey (Team USA) after having hip surgery. Out 5 months.

Guess that gets them out of their PK mistake (Phil)

NYCOIL “Gentleman Backpacker”: Well, I disagree with this interpretation that he has gone full Woodguy. When he was asked about it by Gazzola (balance) he said “we can live without it.” When he was asked by the other reporter in the TSN scrum, he said he prefers righty-lefty.

So while I agree that he prefers a “permanent,” right handed Top 4 D solution, meaning it is likely a core guy is going to be on the move out, he said he could also do without and bring in a lefty who plays right D as a more temporary solution if he can’t fix it all in one fell swoop.

Unless we are redefining full Woodguy here, respectfully I disagree with the take on this. I do think that Chia is being very prudent and weighing all options and not married to the rigid idea it HAS to be a righty.

p.s. this is a GREAT thing. Because it means he won’t get taken to the woodshed (pun intended) because he is absolutely fixated on handedness. This is a very good thing.

Always go full Woodguy

16. Younger Oil says:

Centre of attention:

I say do it 10 out of 10 times.

C’mon Pete, these chances barely come up.

17. Centre of attention says:

Dreger says that the Flames are talking to the Oilers about the 4th pick?!?!

He says its for real too!!!! Perhaps 3rd team involved?!!

What is even going on!?!

18. Richard S.S. says:

For P.K. Subban, you trade any pick or picks they want and hope a pick comes back (it probably won’t). You trade any Center, not named Connor McDavid, they want (try not to lose both Nuge and Drai). You trade any Winger they want plus any Prospect(s) they want (hope something else comes back).

Klefbom, Draisaitl, Yakupov and the 4th gives them a replacement D on a cheap contract, a #1 Center, cheap scoring and the future of their choice. All are easily traded, after July 1st $9.0 million will never leave.

19. Магия 10 says:

Jethro Tull:
    F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5 ad infinitum.

lots of e5 too.

Магия 10: Stauffer has retweeted this.

Bob’s a mench

21. Магия 10 says:

Centre of attention:
    Dreger says that the Flames are talking to the Oilers about the 4th pick?!?!

He says its for real too!!!! Perhaps 3rd team involved?!!

What is even going on!?!

Just answering that call keeps Habs’ attention.

22. Jethro Tull says:

Protagonist:

No. Drai is still a prospect. A shit hot prospect, but a prospect none the less. He needs repeatability and to be able to play away from Hall, You currently trade him for Subban every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Do NOT fall in love with your prospects not named McDavid.

23. Centre of attention says:

So Dougie Hamilton to Montreal and Subban to Edmonton 4th overall to Calgary?!?!? More pieces involved on all sides but that would be the base one would think?

I need another drink.

24. Магия 10 says:

Woodguy:

Full Woodguy means always having your caddy carry 2+1 drivers.

Bohologo: Benny “The Jet” Urquidez will be right over with Lloyd Dobler to let you know that was Peter Gabriel.

“Your eyes” right?

26. wheatnoil says:

Centre of attention:

I say do it 10 out of 10 times.

I’m not sure how accurate Dreger is on this stuff. I know he’s a big TSN name, but he throws a lot of stuff out there. In this very interview he talked about Calgary wanting to add a 2nd Top 5 pick, maybe trading with Edmonton.

Like, what do you take seriously?

Clearly there’s something there with Edmonton and Montreal, but I’m not sure I’d trust specifics unless it’s from McKenzie or Friedman (or someone truly plugged in with either team).

27. SayItAin'tSo, Gretz, SayItAin'tSo! says:

Centre of attention:

I need another drink.

This would be wild

28. Kiltymcbagpipes says:

Centre of attention:
    Dreger says that the Flames are talking to the Oilers about the 4th pick?!?!

He says its for real too!!!! Perhaps 3rd team involved?!!

What is even going on!?!

Calgary gets Tkachuk, Edmonton trades #5 Dubois to Mtl???

29. Protagonist says:

Jethro Tull

Do NOT fall in love with your prospects not named McDavid.

30. Protagonist says:

Does anyone have any stats from PK’s time when Price was down? Is his defensive side propped up by a ridiculous goaltender?

31. Магия 10 says:

Centre of attention:

I say do it 10 out of 10 times.

He’s been listening to Stauffer too much. Edge to Chia.

32. Jethro Tull says:

Protagonist: Don’t take my words as overvaluing Drai. But you’ve got to make sure the deal makes sense on both sides. Like #4 and Drai and Klef for Subban? That’s too much IMO.

#4, Drai and Klef would make me choke a little more, but I still don’t give Bergevin time to put the phone down.

33. Picturesque says:

Centre of attention:

I need another drink.

34. AsiaOil says:

Is it all all possible for you to make a comment without calling people who disagree with your opinion stupid or some other such junk? Or how about adding some content instead of just flapping your gums with insults. It’s a pretty low bar to strive for as a poster.

Caramel Batman: If Chiarelli thinks the expansion draft is relevant in acquiring one or two defensemen he is incompetent.

Stupid people are stupid.

35. Oddspell says:

Centre of attention,

If that’s the hang up then I have to think Subban is an Oiler before the draft. Surely that would be Chia haggling.

36. Caramel Batman says:

Hard to know what the other moving pieces are, but if Chiarelli would rather trade Hall than Draisatl, then I am off the bandwagon.

Subban, though is so fucking good. We better win though, because Oiler fans are going to hate him if we don’t

37. leadfarmer says:

Times like this I’m really glad we have Chia and not Mr. Dithers. He may not always be right but he sure make $hit interesting. Can’t remember the last time I was refreshing this frequently in late June.

38. hags9k says:

knighttown,

Yes. Yes. Yes.

#4 for best D available.
    Sign best FA D you can.
    Bring back all the Fs.
    Coach the hell out of them.

39. Jethro Tull says:

Caramel Batman:
    Hard to know what the other moving pieces are, but if Chiarelli would rather trade Hall than Draisatl, than I am off the bandwagon.

Subban, though is so fucking good.We better win though, because Oiler fans are going to hate him if we don’t

Yep. I’m already ordering my Subban jersey and a lighter just in case.

40. Магия 10 says:

Jethro Tull: Yep.I’m already ordering my Subban jersey and a lighter just in case.

Montreal could throw in some kid’s furniture so we’d have it on hand.

41. Bank Shot says:

Protagonist:

42. Wonder Llama says:

Nobody has eyes on the presser?

43. OF17 says:

Bank Shot: Yeah if Chiarelli could somehow get Montreal to retain up to $2 million of Subban’s salary than it’s worth overpaying for him IMO.

So not only do you want Subban, you want him on a value contract as well?

44. Магия 10 says:

Wonder Llama:
    Nobody has eyes on the presser?

keeps being delayed.

45. Магия 10 says:

Picturesque: Nah, this is misses the Dubois part of the deal – which is the main attraction of the trade talk. Chia is listening to the Flames only to get the Habs to bite the bullet.

This is our line:

Harrison MooneyVerified account ‏@HarrisonMooney 5m5 minutes ago
    “We want Subban and we’ll offer you a bag of pucks”
    “No deal”
    “They’re French-Canadian pucks”
    “We’re listening”

46. spoiler says:

Магия 10: keeps being delayed.

What’s the ETA now?

47. Wonder Llama says:

Магия 10: keeps being delayed.

Ah. Thanks.

48. hags9k says:

I’d do Klef, Yak and #4 for Subban. They probably don’t bite on that.

The contract is too scary and I want to keep the 3 Cs.

And Ricki says Subban can’t defend and I worry about the Carey Price effect.

And Ricki is a bear, so…

49. JDï™ says:

spoiler: What’s the ETA now?

As soon as Chia gets 15% of Subban’s salary retained.

50. Centre of attention says:

If Dubois is there at #4, there is a good chance PK Subban is an Edmonton Oiler. #BookIt

51. Магия 10 says:

spoiler: What’s the ETA now?

Reduced to playing oid Subban and Therrien quotes.

“Oranges at half time is in real jeopardy”

52. Bank Shot says:

OF17: So not only do you want Subban, you want him on a value contract as well?

That’s what I just said. It’s easier to build a team around McDavid and Subban if Subban isn’t making $1 million more than any other defenceman in the league.

It’d be worth it to give up extra assets for cap savings in this case.

53. Protagonist says:

Imagine if they get up there and introduce a new Athletic trainer or something. And when asked why the conference is late, they mention he was stuck in traffic.

54. Магия 10 says:

Protagonist:
    Imagine if they get up there and introduce a new Athletic trainer or something. And when asked why the conference is late, they mention he was stuck in traffic or something.

Georges Laraque?

55. Protagonist says:

Магия 10: Georges Laraque?

I nearly spit out my coffee. Thanks for that.

56. Kiltymcbagpipes says:

Fuck, I gotta take my kid to soccer. Don’t care staying in car listening to Sirius radio the whole game

Kiltymcbagpipes:

Nods, agrees.

58. stevezie says:

This is the perfect encapsulation of the Canadian hockey fan.

59. Pouzar says:

Kiltymcbagpipes:

60. OF17 says:

Kiltymcbagpipes:

61. wheatnoil says:

Kiltymcbagpipes:

But then, I can’t a imagine a world where they actually trade PK Subban so what the hell do I know?

62. blainer says:

AsiaOil:

Stupid people are stupid.

Well said.

63. NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker" says:

Well that seals the #4 debate. Dubois it is. Why? So Vancouver can’t trade #5 + for Subban.

64. Protagonist says:

It’s not a podium press conference. It’s a standup. I can’t imagine that he’d announce a trade of the teams best player in a stand-up press conference. So I think we can all rest the powder a bit. But hey, we know there is smoke there, and where there’s smoke … sometimes a PK Subban gets traded.

65. JDï™ says:

On now – interpreter?

66. Chris says:

They have these things called smart phones now. You can allow TSN’s ap to send you push messages. Believe me if there is a Subban trade they will send you a news alert.

67. Protagonist says:

He’s talking now. I’m listening live on TSN radio montreal, but I don’t speak french. When I know something, I’ll post it.

68. NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker" says:

wheatnoil: Don’t worry. I don’t think this happens until draft day right before the #4 pick.

Imagine Kekalainen screwing everyone over by taking Dubois at 3! Ultimate troll.

69. jfry says:

loose translation from the french part:
    i can’t stop other teams from calling me, but i’m not shopping PK

70. Protagonist says:

From another site: He’s NOT shopping PK Subban but that does not mean that people aren’t calling about him. My instant hot take: He’s listened to offers, and he’s interested, but he doesn’t feel like they’re good enough or people haven’t met his price yet.

71. blainer says:

hags9k:
    I’d do Klef, Yak and #4 for Subban.They probably don’t bite on that.

The contract is too scary and I want to keep the 3 Cs.

And Ricki says Subban can’t defend and I worry about the Carey Price effect.

And Ricki is a bear, so…

Ricki has a point about PK.. You would have to play PK with Klef or Davey. Two of our best HSCA .. D..

72. Centre of attention says:

Pat Hickey ‏@zababes1 52s53 seconds ago
    Everyone chill

No you !

73. OF17 says:

Bergevin likes Dubois. That much comes out. Aside from that, a lot of typical GM speak.

74. jfry says:

more french translation:
    “i know that up until july 1st people will be calling about PK. When people call I listen. That’s my job. I just listen. Teams have called and I’ve listened to offers, but the player is still here.”

75. OF17 says:

Bergevin expresses interest in acquiring a player that helps his team now but that is also young. Not much, but do with it what you will.

76. Магия 10 says:

Protagonist:

LOL. That’s why Benning expects they could be on the phone until midnight?

77. Protagonist says:

From Twitter:

BREAKING: Subban in involved in a 3-way trade. Subban to the Canucks for Subban. Subban to the Bruins for Subban. Subban to #Habs for Subban

78. jfry says:

more translation:
    “if there’s a situation that improves our team, i’ll make a move.”

79. Protagonist says:

Магия 10: LOL. That’s why Benning expects they could be on the phone until midnight?

Either that or they’re going to be eating ice-cream, watching Bridesmaids and just GUSHING about the rest of the GMs.

80. Centre of attention says:

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 9s10 seconds ago
    Subban is a franchise player. If you’re “listening” and not dispelling these rumours outright, you’re ready to move him.

Spector knows whats up. If Bergevin wanted to, he could of just said “I’m not trading Subban”

81. jfry says:

more:
    “we were worried that the cap was going to be 68 million, so we’re a team in a good position against the cap. we’re in a very good place and not a team that has to worry. and that’s a plus for us.”

82. OF17 says:

Lol. Cheers as they switch to English.

83. Магия 10 says:

Protagonist:
    From Twitter:

Make it a 4 way trade and we’ll include Hall at all ends.

84. spoiler says:

Yep, Bergevin could easily have said “Stop calling me about PK”…. but he didn’t.

85. Магия 10 says:

OF17:
    Lol. Cheers as they switch to English.

And their source RDS cuts away.

86. StixMalone says:

Centre of attention:

I need another drink.

I need a drink too! This is insane if true! And I love this! This is the best dreamy fantasy ever!…..

87. Wonder Llama says:

Man, I feel all emotionally drained and nothing even happened (yet).

88. Zelepukin says:

I need a drink regardless. The only way we get Subban is if it’s Hall +. If I was a Montreal fan, knowing that you’re giving up a franchise D-man, an asset that you’d almost 100% require in order to win a cup, I’d want Hall, Nuge and a young D-man.

89. Zelepukin says:

…and put it this way. How is Montreal in any better position after replacing Subban with a couple great forwards? It’s basically where we are coming from in that, jeez I wish we had a great puck moving D-man with some offensive chops that can get guys like Hall, the puck.

90. tarvbc says:

Lowetide Im not trying to put a burr under your saddle and I realise Im going to get ripped a new one, but how can you not look at Taylor Hall’s first 6 years in the league to see great point production but not much more. Hasn’t come close to the playoffs, 1 healthy season, hasnt scored over 30 goals, turnover machine, is he a leader? This is a league of “what have you done for me lately” and the rest of the league under values Hall to a point I can agree on, but at the end of the day what are the 3 more important positions? Defencemen, centremen and goalies. Im not endorsing a trade with Hall at all (unless its for 1 of the top 5 defencemen in the league) we need him on the left side to succeed but like I said I tend to agree with the criticism and “under value” the rest of the league puts on him. Taylor Hall is an absolutely wonderful hockey player (top 25 in the league) hes very good at what he does, but this team has had him for 6 years and the fan base and internet bloggers tend to give him a free pass I do not agree with.

Lowetide what do you think of Rick Nash ? I think those two are good comparisons for each other. No?

Im typing on an extremely poor tablet so Im sorry for any mistakes or grammer mistakes. The screen is just so smsll.

91. tarvbc says:

Oh one final note on Hall (still not saying get rid of him for magic beans) but do you think Mike Babcock would enjoy coaching Taylor Hall for a full 82 game season?

92. Kiltymcbagpipes says:

OF17: Nothing will happen, and if it does, you’ll hear about it after the game just the same. I’m sure there are a lot of dads out here that would trade hearing about the trade an hour earlier for getting to see another one of their kid’s soccer games.

Not my kid’s team – they are terrible. Lost 7-1 and my son got hit in the balls but took it like a champ. He loves McDavid and the Oilers didn’t want to play either. Lol. Luckily, we heard the news (or should I say lack of) on the way to the game….

93. Barcs says:

tarvbc,

Not trying to rip you, but one thing I genuinely don’t understand is how some Oiler fans can look at the weak supporting forwards, AHL level defense, and league basement goaltending that this team has employed over the last 10 years, and lay the lack of success at Hall’s feet.

What exactly was he supposed to do?

Is he perfect? Not by a long shot. But he is far from the main reason the Oilers have been so bad.

94. tarvbc says:

Barcs,

I dont disagree with anything your saying. The failures of this team is on managment and I like yourself can agree on that. Im not making out Hall to be the one sole problem, I want him on this team but fans and msm of this team over value what he brings and always sit here defending him tooth and nail. Face it he’s 6 years into his career with a whole lot of flaws that the rest of the league see’s but us fans dont want to reconize. Do I think he should be on team canada ? Absolutely not he hasnt played good enough two way hockey and is to much of a risk at both ends of the ice. In saying that is he one of the better LW in the game? Yes. Do you trade a LW for a top pairing dman? If it is for one of the top even 8 dman in the league yes I would. Would I trade Hall for magic beans to fill multiple roles? Absolutely not.

The thing Im trying to say is all us oilers fans will go to our grave saying how he “pushes the river” but for god sakes hes a winger. Not a number 1 centremen, not a top pairing dman and not a solid goalie. Those 3 positions are more important than first line scoring winger. If Hall had the exact same first 6 years in the league as he has done but as a centremen it would be a different story. Hall is a scoring winger on terrible hockey teams ala Rick Nash.

95. hunter1909 says:

#Brexit in pole position to free the Brits from the EU. Best news ever.

The Oilers? Whoever blamed Katz with his OBC is correct.

Summertime Oilers: Two legit top four defensemen. If Katz wants to see W’s in October/November. Otherwise it’s more “development” lol

« Older Comments