JIVING SISTER FANNY

From (almost) the beginning, Taylor Hall could push the river. On a team riddled with poor defensemen, the young man would cradle the puck in his own end, fly past pleasure crafts and steamboats, before crashing or scoring, the entire city behind him. Some days were diamonds, some days were stone, all days the hard times would not leave these Oilers alone. The relationship between Taylor Hall and the Edmonton Oilers is close, very close. If Peter Chiarelli plans to trade him, he would do well to lasso the moon, the sun and a few stars along with it. This town will explode if it happens any other way.

LUCIC AND DEMERS VISIT

It seems genuinely impossible for the Oilers to sign both Milan Lucic and Jason Demers, but they were in the city today. Despite reports, my understanding is that decisions are days away and we would all do well in waiting for more than one report before proceeding with what might be unreliable information. Although I have no recent examples of this kind of thing, it does happen and we should all be mindful of the harm it might unintentionally cause.

RE-DRAFT: MY LIST

I like doing this every year, using my list as a guide to see if I can catch the Oilers. They did damn well last year (I like their list better), let’s see how this year shakes out.

OILERS AT NO. 4: JESSE PULJUJARVI

LOWETIDE AT NO. 4: JESSE PULJUJARVI

This was a helluva pick, no matter how you slice it. As was the case with the McDavid selection, I don’t think you can give the organization a pile of credit for it. I have read a few items about the management team sussing out the CBJ intent, but we should expect that from a veteran like Peter Chiarelli. I am not trying to be unfair, rather that seems to be fair—assuming the group can do their jobs.

OILERS AT NO. 32: TYLER BENSON

LOWETIDE AT NO. 32: ALEX DEBRINCAT

I like Benson a lot, he is (in my opinion) an astute selection who could turn into a brilliant one. There is risk, but I have no quarrel with the selection. DeBrincat lasted to No. 39, suspect he has a productive career.

OILERS AT NO. 63: MARKUS NIEMELAINEN

LOWETIDE AT NO. 63: VITALY ABRAMOV

Edmonton gets a mobile two-way defender with size, and my list is rounding up all of the really good small skill wingers. Abramov did not go until No. 65, but for me that is progress—these undersized scorers are going strong.

OILERS AT NO. 84: MATTHEW CAIRNS

LOWETIDE AT NO. 84: VEINI VEHVILAINEN

The Oilers list and mine both go walkabout here, and for me there are no issues with either selection. If you read up on Cairns (and I will do a post on him soon) there is a real player here. Steve Kournianos was on the Lowdown today and delivered some impressive verbal.

OILERS AT NO. 91: FILIP BERGLUND

LOWETIDE AT NO. 91: MAXIME FORTIER

I like both players, Edmonton gets a dandy defender with a complete range of skills. Kournianos had him playing a major role in all game states, and he said the team he played for was a button-down defensive group. Interesting player. Fortier is yet another small forward, occupational hazard for my drafting style.

OILERS AT NO. 123: DYLAN WELLS

LOWETIDE AT NO. 123: VLADIMIR KUZNETSOV

Wells is an OHL goalie of some reputation who suffered through a down year. He appears to be a legit prospect, definitely off the board but he is at No. 123 overall. The Russian my list chose has size and skill, but was not drafted.

OILERS AT NO. 149: GRAHAM MCPHEE

LOWETIDE AT NO. 149: KYLE MAKSIMOVICH

The McPhee pick is more popular than one would believe at first blush, I will have Corey Pronman on tomorrow’s show to discuss him. My choice, and stop me if you have heard this before, is an undersized winger with skill. My list has now drafted the same player (basically) four times.

OILERS AT NO. 153: AAPELI RASANEN

LOWETIDE AT NO. 153: DAVID QUENNEVILLE

Both interesting prospects, Edmonton chose an impressive two-way center and my list fetches an undersized defender of some note. I like both players, especially this late in the draft.

OILERS AT NO. 183: VINCENT DESHARNAIS

LOWETIDE AT NO. 183: DMITRI SOKOLOV

Edmonton plucks a gigantic college defenseman who appears to have stepped into a larger role later in the season. My list grabs an impressive scorer (30 OHL goals).

143 Responses to "JIVING SISTER FANNY"

1. Магия 10 says:

The results are in for the 2nd Annual GR Memorial Poll. Thanks Frank, Paper and OF17 for your early questions. Used them to reframe the questions.

Chia talked about preferring permanent fixes for right D, but being prepared to go with temporary fixes. The goal of the poll was to see where LT’s readers draw the line.

The poll used the Hamonic rumor as an example of getting 2nd rank D and the Wild Rumor for a smaller deal. Of course we hope Chia finds better options to pick between. The summer will be far more complex and interesting than these specific rumors.

Your definitions of 1st and 2nd rank may vary. Last night NYC Oil offered these starting points:

1st rank: Brodie, Carlson, Doughty, Faulk, Hedman, Karlsson, Keith, Letang, Lindholm, McDonagh, OEL, Pietrangelo, Subban, Suter

2nd rank: Buff, Burns, Ekblad, Hamonic, Josi, Klinberg, Larsson, Reilly, Risto, Tanev, Vlasic, Weber

(results below. confession time, I did not vote or include my sample vote. would have been 6, 5 and keep your powder ready for new game. not against moving austins in win win trades)

2. Ca$h-McMoney! says:

Магия 10,

So is the updated question:

Hall for Larsson +

vs.

Nuge for Dumba

3. Rondo says:

Kirk Luedeke know Markus Niemelainen you should have him on your show also.

4. Магия 10 says:

Ca$h-McMoney!:
    Магия 10,

So is the updated question:

Hall for Larsson +

vs.

Nuge for Dumba

Think the poll pretty much surrounded those.

Hamonic was in the poll to represent the 2nd rank like Larsson.
    Dumba was specifically mentioned in the Nuge for Wild D option.

The assumptions included sweeteners and 1 for 3s. Got a few votes for the Hall/Hamonic trade and the Nuge/Wild trades.

5. Магия 10 says:

So based on your 30 responses here’s the take on worst cases like Bold 1 for 3 trades, Big Long UFA Cap Hits, and Band-Aid D.

HOT:
    Trading Eberle for something like those Wild RD.
    Temporary fixes or long expensive UFA D

COLD:
    Trading Hall for 2nd rank RD after signing Lucic
    Trading Drai or Nuge for something like those Wild RD. Even with Sweeteners

Acceptable D Options (all choices)

4. Eberle for Wild RD: 83%
    6. Temporary Fixes: 77%
    5. Long Expensive UFA RD: 67%

2. Nuge for Wild RD: 20%
    3. Drai for Wild RD : 17%
    1. Hall for 2nd rank RD (Hamonic): 10%

Prefered D Options (1st choices)

4. Eberle for Wild RD: 50%
    6. Temporary Fixes: 23%
    5. Long Expensive UFA RD: 20%

1. Hall for 2nd rank RD (Hamonic): 7%
    2. Nuge for Wild RD: 0%
    3. Drai for Wild RD: 0%

Weighted Points (6-5-4-3-2-1)

4. Eberle for Wild RD: 136
    6. Temporary Fixes: 114
    5. Long Expensive UFA RD: 97

2. Nuge for Wild RD: 22
    3. Drai for Wild RD: 18
    1. Hall for 2nd rank RD (Hamonic): 13

Rondo:
    Kirk Luedeke know Markus Niemelainenyou should have him on your show also.

I will, for sure.

7. Loyal2theoil says:

Heres a question for people.

Say you are Las Vegas GM:

It comes down to pick a player from EDM.

Assuming we get Demers, Lucic as reported.

Also assuming one of the Steve Austins are traded for a #1/#2 RHD

Who do you, as the LV GM, take?

Maroon?

Pouliot?

Demers (assuming there is not a NMC)

Davy?

Loyal2theoil:
    Heres a question for people.

Say you are Las Vegas GM:

It comes down to pick a player from EDM.

Assuming we get Demers, Lucic as reported.

Also assuming one of the Steve Austins are traded for a #1/#2 RHD

Who do you, as the LV GM, take?

Maroon?

Pouliot?

Demers (assuming there is not a NMC)

Davy?

I would take Demers. New NHL teams need defense and scoring, and Poo nor Maroon is a driver of offense.

9. Ca$h-McMoney! says:

I’m not so sure.

I’ve run the simulation.

They basically end up with 8 second pairing Dmen (it’s a nice blueline). I also had them getting pretty solid goaltending (Halak as the starter but there were lots of good not great options).

They didn’t have a lot of quality forward options though. I could see them looking at a player like Pouliot with some interest, especially with a few years locked into his deal.

Ca$h-McMoney!:

I’m not so sure.

I’ve run the simulation.

They basically end up with 8 second pairing Dmen (it’s a nice blueline).I also had them getting pretty solid goaltending (Halak as the starter but there were lots of good not great options).

They didn’t have a lot of quality forward options though.I could see them looking at a player like Pouliot with some interest, especially with a few years locked into his deal.

Is this with the current rules?

11. Soup Fascist says:

Loyal2theoil:
    Heres a question for people.

Say you are Las Vegas GM:

It comes down to pick a player from EDM.

Assuming we get Demers, Lucic as reported.

Also assuming one of the Steve Austins are traded for a #1/#2 RHD

Who do you, as the LV GM, take?

Maroon?

Pouliot?

Demers (assuming there is not a NMC)

Davy?

I trade them the rights to Graham McPhee as an enticement to take Mark Fayne. 😉

12. Ducey says:

LT. Why can’t the Oilers sign Demers and Lucic? Or keep Hall too?

If they trade Yak and Pou that pays for Lucic. After signing Demers they would still have about $5M and that does not take into account Ferences LTIR.

13. maxwell_mischief says:

I’m a fan of the Oilers draft. I think there is a chance 5 of these dudes push for time in the NHL at some point. JP, Benson, Niemelainen, Berglund and Rasanen I think are good bets. Some long shots, but who knows. Oil seemed excited about Graham Mcphee, and clearly think Matt Cairns was worth a 3rd round pick to them.

Ducey:
    LT. Why can’t the Oilers sign Demers and Lucic? Or keep Hall too?

I didn’t say they couldn’t, it would be my preference.

15. Магия 10 says:

Ducey:
    LT. Why can’t the Oilers sign Demers and Lucic? Or keep Hall too?

But how does that make your team better? 😉

16. Rondo says:

Thanks

17. Richard S.S. says:

So what do we know for sure? Or in other words, what isn’t official yet? Or in other words, what isn’t officially unofficially official yet? (But not wild ass speculation.)

1) Has Chiarelli made his trade getting who he wanted from that unknown team? I don’t know when it can be officially announced, or when it will be officially announced. Of what I am sure, at least $6.0 Million is going out. But it’s unlikely it’s announced before Thursday evening, unless Peter is sure of his Free Agent signings before. He doesn’t want to drive up prices unnecessarily.

2) Free Agents can’t officially sign before July 1st. Everyone is going to make any preannouncements seem foolish/in error/malicious intent, basically a non-happening. I’d be surprised if both Milan Lucic and Jason Demers have agreed to sign with the Oilers, but they must officially deny the leak anyway.

Until they deem to make any announcement, let’s make a huge assumption and assume this is real and go from there. I make the Oilers with just $2-ish Million left. What will they do next?

18. maxwell_mischief says:

also
    re: vegas
    I imagine Vegas making quite a few trades with their drafted players to grab some prospects, picks, players. Who knows which other players from other teams they pick, what they need from the Oilers… it will be interesting, but pretty impossible to predict.
    They should be able to ice a pretty solid lineup, and I’d figure there’d be a free agent or two interested in being a part of something new in Las Vegas.

19. Магия 10 says:

Richard S.S.:
    So what do we know for sure? Or in other words, what isn’t official yet?Or in other words, what isn’t officially unofficially official yet?(But not wild ass speculation.)

1) Chiarelli has made his trade getting who he wanted from that unknown team.I don’t know when it can be officially announced, or when it will be officially announced.Of what I am sure, at least $6.0 Million is going out. But it’s unlikely it’s announced before Thursday evening, unless Peter is sure of his Free Agent signings before.He doesn’t want to drive up prices unnecessarily.

2) Free Agents can’t officially sign before July 1st.Everyone is going to make any preannouncements seem foolish/in error/malicious intent, basically a non-happening.So both Milan Lucic and Jason Demers have agreed to sign with the Oilers but must officially deny the leak.

Until they deem to make any announcement, let’s assume this is real and go from there.I make the Oilers with just $2-ish Million left.What will they do next?

20. Jon K says:

Lowetide: I didn’t say they couldn’t, it would be my preference.

How could Chiarelli not be tempted to have his LW depth chart start with Hall-Lucic at the top? I really believe that he will do whatever he can to find “the right deal” that sends out Nuge, Eberle or Pouliot instead. A deal for Larsson around Nuge or Eberle is a reasonable notion.

It occurs to me some of you may not know this song

22. Магия 10 says:

Jon K: A deal for Larsson around Nuge or Eberle is a reasonable notion.

The years left on Eberle’s contract don’t get you Larsson.

23. Mr DeBakey says:

It occurs to me some of you may not know this song

Tell us about the first time you heard it,
    “This is the Rolling Stones. My Dad’s old Desoto…..”

24. Ducey says:

Lowetide: I didn’t say they couldn’t, it would be my preference.

Sorry “genuinely impossible” seemed like actually impossible🙂

I don’t understand why people are not excited. They can keep all their big guns upfront. Add Lucic and Pool. Help the D and maybe add a guy like Redmond. They lose Pou and Yak but that’s a good team.

25. Магия 10 says:

Lowetide: I didn’t say they couldn’t, it would be my preference.

This Wyshynski barb is hilarious:

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 8h8 hours ago
    I’ve often considered Taylor Hall just a placeholder in case Milan Lucic ever became available,

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
    IF Oilers were to land Lucic, would think a Hall deal becomes much more likely. Can’t have 17.5m tied up in 4LW’ers.

26. Centre of attention says:

According to TSN, trading Hall is as simple as a math equation. That statement alone is silly, but they end the segment with “It would not take much shopping around to get rid of Taylor Hall”

See, the “shopping to get rid of” narrative is what I have a problem with.

Is Chiarelli taking calls from other GM’s RE: Hall? Absolutely.

Is Chiarelli actively shopping Hall in an effort to “get rid of him”? No, I don’t believe that for one second.

That’s my 2 cents on the Hall talk.

Regarding the 2016 Oilers draft: Loved it, though they did leave some skill on the board at times.

I like that *most* of their selections have a range of skills, they look like they have multiple ways to make it as pro hockey players. It’s a good change from the more one dimensional types they have a history of drafting in the past.

Mr DeBakey: Tell us about the first time you heard it,
    “This is the Rolling Stones.My Dad’s old Desoto…..”

Ha! I bought the album Metamorphosis in maybe 1975, bought with money earned at the elevators shoveling sunup to sundown. All those records always sounded better. 🙂

Ducey: Sorry “genuinely impossible” seemed like actually impossible🙂

People don’t trust it until it happens, and even then if Lucic limps off the plane it will make news. The entire town is like that.

29. flyfish1168 says:

Just saw this article.

Find it somewhat disturbing since it gives very little info.

30. Philosophil says:

Hi LT – you are correct. Had to search the lyrics as well:
    “Jiving Sister Fanny”

Jivin’ Sister Fanny, told her man from Philadelphia, PA,
    uh, huh, huh, huh
    He tore down the station said she didn’t Like the way we played,
    uh, huh, huh, huh

If you got a favorite guy, get you babe, real no why
    Man from you down inside, got it feathered by the while
    Ooh, child, you got me walkin’ down the Broad highway,
    uh, huh, huh, huh

Now, Jivin’ Sister Fanny got The brain of a dinosaur,
    uh, huh, huh, huh
    Well, she hocked my fancy mother
    And she hocked my electric guitar

Then she’s waitin’ in the store
    Tell her to wait, ‘er, waitin’ for glad she’s on the waiting good
    By Charles oh watch ‘er, you wait good
    Ooh, child, you got me walkin’ down the broad highway.

Hidden gem, thanks for sharing. Hear echoes of Gimme Shelter in the tune.

31. Richard S.S. says:

I suspect the #4 pick is traded if J.P. is chosen by Columbus. Once it falls to Edmonton, picking Jesse Puljujarvi is automatic. If you assume the number #4 pick is traded, then the Oilers’ first pick is at #32. It’s possible the entire Oiler draft was preplanned from before the draft without a number one pick. That makes taking Tyler Benson with #32 a priority if he’s still there. It’s the Oilers only possible pick to still get top ten talent. I like what they did because I think they looked for size, skill and talent in everyone they took.

32. Woogie63 says:

flyfish1168:
    Just saw this article.

Find it somewhat disturbing since it gives very little info.

In the SN Tweet , that looks like Lowe leading the tour? I am being to think he might still be on hockey ops

33. Richard S.S. says:

Магия 10: If I understand correctly players and teams can discuss the parameters of a deal, just can’t commit to anything.

Then explain how the NHL can have the multi-paged documents in their possession just minutes after the Free Agency period opens. The deals are agreed to, finalized as much as possible. If dated, July 1, it must not be signed too early. If signed, it cannot be dated until July 1st.

It must be a finished document, signed, dated and transmitted to the NHL to be legally binding. If not, it’s called a Gentleman’s Agreement and it’s not legally binding.

34. LadiesloveSmid says:

Someone from reddit who’s “friends with an agent of a few NHL players” said he was told this, take with a grain of salt:

“One of the big ones was that a deal was on the table between the Oilers and Blues that would’ve sent Hall, RNH, and pick 4 to St Louis for Pietrangelo, Fabbri, Berglund, and pick 28, but it was nixed when Puljujarvi fell. Apparently EDM has the framework of a contract in place with Lucic, and STL believes Shattenkirk would sign an extension if they opened up some cap space.”

35. Frank the dog says:

If this was happening last year I’d be planning the parade. But it turned out like always.
    IF we get Lucic and Demers AND IF we get a #1 or even a good #2 RD, that will be astonishing.

IF we get that for less than Chance that will also be very good. I’m hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

We’ll see PDQ.

36. Ben says:

Idiot conjecture time.

Based on his undeniably elite ability and productivity, it really makes no sense that PC would be looking to swap out Hall. With so many different chips that could be cashed in, why trade your best (right now, arguably) player?

Unless:

1) He’s asked out.

2) Coach doesn’t like something about him.

If it’s 1, then good on all involved for keeping things hush-hush. Can’t really blame the player, either.

There’s been a lot of talk about 2. “Attitude”.

Personally, I think that Taylor Hall is a poor loser. He’s lost a ton over the first HALF-DECADE of his career, and he’s frequently done it poorly and petulantly.

But he’s a terrific winner. The few times he’s had a chance to play in high-stakes games at any level, he’s been unstoppable, and reliable.

I’d hate to see him leave right before he gets a chance to show what a winner he is, and how much he has to give when there’s a reason to give.

Move Pouliot. Move Eberle. Move RNH if you must.

But do not trade Taylor Hall. He is a shitty loser, and a championship-winner.

37. Frank the dog says:

Ducey:
    LT. Why can’t the Oilers sign Demers and Lucic? Or keep Hall too?

Lucic would be a good swap for Pou. JP a good upgrade on Yak, and if Chia gets Larssen for Pou and Yak, he will entitle himself to hang a pair of those ox jewels on the back of his 959.

38. Centre of attention says:

LadiesloveSmid:

That’s enough internet for me today.

39. Kiltymcbagpipes says:

A couple days later….

The Benson pick over DeBrincat pissed me off not because of my dislike for Benson but my love for ADB. Still think the brass went with their heart and not their head on that one. I will personally be comparing the two moving forward for my own displeasure. I’ve seen Dylan Wells TERRIBLE at times don’t see why he got picked. Love the 3 Fins though the rest probably won’t hear from them for several years if at all.

Should we actually sign Lucic and Demers it’s a no brainer to move Nuge for a Dman. Could Nuge+Yak get us Soderberg+Barrie? Moving Hall would not be my preference. Move Pouliot, Yak and Nuge to get a RHD and fill out the roster. Then we’re good

40. Frank the dog says:

Kiltymcbagpipes: Move Pouliot, Yak and a pick to get a RHD and fill out the roster. Then we’re good

There. Fixed that for you.

41. Bulging Twine says:

Please no Shattenkirk! For Draisattl?! No way!
    Shattenkirk lacks defensive awareness and defending speed.
    We’ll hate him by December!

42. square_wheels says:

LadiesloveSmid,

Good lord that’s a horrific trade.

And I like Fabbri.

43. Mr DeBakey says:

Hall, Taylor $6,000,000 — Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan $6,000,000 — Eberle, Jordan $6,000,000
    Lucic, Milan $6,000,000 — McDavid, Connor $925,000 — Yakupov, Nail $2,500,000
    Pouliot, Benoit $4,000,000 — Draisaitl, Leon $925,000 — Jesse Puljujärvi $925,000
    Kassian, Zack $1,500,000 — Letestu, Mark $1,800,000 — Maroon, Patrick $1,500,000
    — Lander, Anton $987,500 — Pakarinen, Iiro $725,000
    Sekera, Andrej $5,500,000 — Fayne, Mark $3,625,000
    Klefbom, Oscar $4,167,000 — Demers, Jason $5,250,000
    Davidson, Brandon $1,425,000 — Gryba, Eric $1,250,000
    — Paliotta, Michael $750,000
    Talbot, Cam $4,166,667
    Johnson, Chad $925,000

Roster Size 23
    Salary Cap $73,000,000
    Cap Hit $68,463,334
    Bonuses $5,325,000
    Cap Space $4,536,666

44. square_wheels says:

Kiltymcbagpipes,

ADB is a sparkling offensive player but translating that to the NHL when you’re that tiny is super rare, it’s boom or bust. You have to admit that a guy that’s 5’7″ and 165lb faces a long road to the show. He’s a December birthday so he’s well past 18, that’s some serious red flags. However, he was well worth a bet from a team like Chicago who can shelter him in the AHL until Kane gets Lombardied out of town.

Benson, if he remains healthy, has the pro build that should enable him to play in a top 9 role. I’ve seen enough of him to know that his draft year isn’t the player we should be projecting, he’s legit. Him and Dillon Dube were the 2 best players their age in Alberta. He’s a serious driver of any line he’s on.

45. Shau-co says:

I really can’t see why St Louis would trade Pietrangelo. The only way we could get him would be with an overpay.

46. Richard S.S. says:

Lucic said, as is proper, there’s no deal. Did Demers say anything? If and when they leave, we’ll know more by when.

47. square_wheels says:

Hold on, how the fuck did Connor Bleackley fall to the 5th round ??? St Louis you craft bastards, that’s another low risk/ high reward bet. Damn how did we let him slip by ??

Injuries really derailed his season but this is a 1st rounder +2. When healthy I’ve watched him completed take over games. Terrific skater.

48. LadiesloveSmid says:

square_wheels,

Stauff went on and on about Hall not getting you a guy like Pietrangelo today, even though on-ice product favours #4. Market for Hall isn’t very good but the second Lucic puts ink to paper he’s out the door for a defenceman that won’t push the river more than he can. I swear if it’s Hamonic or Shattenkirk as the core piece

49. Oil2Oilers says:

I think lost in the Croatian hurricane that hit the Oilogshere today is some rumors/suppositions that we can now dismiss;

1. Todd McLellan does not hate Demers despite occasional benching him when he was young.

2. Demers does not hate Todd McLellan for benching when he was young.

I surmise this because as lovely as Edmonton is why would either side bother with a fly in chat if they were not interested in working together.

Oh and LT might have mentioned that if Lucic reached UFA status Chia would be all in, he was right. He left out the Boy’s on the Bus brain trust may of wee’d them selves a little today.

50. square_wheels says:

LadiesloveSmid,

Chia……..I’m holding out hope he’s learned his lesson.

I think Anaheim not signing Lindholm is them preparing for outcomes on July 1. No point overpaying him UFA years if it ends up pushing out another valuable asset.

Thank Christ this Friday is a stat because the old F5 key will be getting a beating !

51. Centre of attention says:

Travis Yost
    ‏@travisyost
    Hear me out: a team with Milan Lucic AND Taylor Hall. #WHOA

Yost knows whats up.

52. square_wheels says:

Shau-co,

Because he signed for 4 more years at 6.5 and they can’t trade Jay-Bo, can sign Parayko long term and may in fact extend Shattenkirk as 2RHD……while fleecing Edmonton for HALL AND NUGE !!!

53. LadiesloveSmid says:

square_wheels,

if it comes down to Hall or Lucic+Dman Hall returns and that D is Shattenkirk/Spurgeon/Hamonic+, is it worth it? tough one.

is it worth it to just keep Hall, not sign Lucic, and sign Demers+trade for Klein?

54. Doug McLachlan says:

Shau-co:

Even if we accept that StLouis would be prepared to deal Pietrangelo, it sure creates an overpowered left wing of Hall, Tarasenko and J.Schwartz.

55. OF17 says:

Centre of attention:
    Travis Yost
    ‏@travisyost
    Hear me out: a team with Milan Lucic AND Taylor Hall. #WHOA

Yost knows whats up.

Not only that, a team with Milan Lucic, Taylor Hall, Connor McDavid, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Oscar Klefbom, Andrej Sekera, Jason Demers (if he signs), Cam Talbot.

That’s a lot of premium talent at premium positions. Assuming the rest of the team isn’t a gong show, that would be the best and most balanced Oilers team since 2006.

56. Wolfie says:

Willis has the issue surrounded in his article today in the Journal… Taylor Hall as been the 3rd best 5v5 player in the NHL behind on Crosby and Benn the last few years…

You don’t trade Hall + for Subban… Or anyone in the league really, given his reasonable salary. If someone wants to trade for Taylor Hall they have to realize the extreme value he has….

Hall is one of the game’s very best players stuck on one of the worst teams in modern history… Kinda reminds me of Yzerman in the early Detroit years….

Subban couldn’t stem the tide after Price went out…

Hall is a game changer… Trading him for anything less is a clear loss.

57. elegiaccycle says:

Mr DeBakey:
    Hall, Taylor$6,000,000—Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan$6,000,000—Eberle, Jordan$6,000,000
    Lucic, Milan$6,000,000—McDavid, Connor$925,000—Yakupov, Nail$2,500,000
    Pouliot, Benoit$4,000,000—Draisaitl, Leon$925,000—Jesse Puljujärvi$925,000
    Kassian, Zack$1,500,000—Letestu, Mark$1,800,000—Maroon, Patrick$1,500,000—Lander, Anton$987,500—Pakarinen, Iiro$725,000
    Sekera, Andrej$5,500,000—Fayne, Mark$3,625,000
    Klefbom, Oscar$4,167,000—Demers, Jason$5,250,000
    Davidson, Brandon$1,425,000—Gryba, Eric$1,250,000—Paliotta, Michael$750,000Talbot, Cam$4,166,667Johnson, Chad$925,000

Roster Size23
    Salary Cap$73,000,000
    Cap Hit$68,463,334
    Bonuses$5,325,000
    Cap Space$4,536,666

thanks for crunching cap numbers.

this gives me some confidence that if all we did was trade yakupov for… anything and buyout korpikoski and perhaps even trade hendricks… maybe even fayne for lo cost options, we are in a good place. that’ll give us the space to deal with extra puljujari bonuses and maybe even let caggiula come to the big show (if he earns it), no?.

there must be something i’m missing?
    this seems too good to be true.
    [i guess it’s just the fear of the demers number in me]

58. square_wheels says:

LadiesloveSmid,

I’m going to be fine with whatever Chia does because
    A) he seems to have held his cards extremely close so it’s likely not a Hall 3 for 1 – were being ridiculous as the hard fans we are
    B) Lowe is relegated to tour guide and menu item selection manager for the box seats
    C) we have Connor ice tilting McDavid

Edit – I think Lucic plays RW on the road with McD and at home moves back to LW and Pou slides down to play with Nuge and JP. Why everyone thinks arguably the best possession winger in the game has to play LW exclusively. He could play RW with the 6% loss and still be a 54% guy.

59. BlacqueJacque says:

Centre of attention:
    Travis Yost
    ‏@travisyost
    Hear me out: a team with Milan Lucic AND Taylor Hall. #WHOA

Yost knows whats up.

GAWDAM.

Bye Poo, or Ebs, or even Nuge (sigh).

60. square_wheels says:

OF17,

Add Davidson to that list please.

61. LadiesloveSmid says:

square_wheels,

Stauffer suggested a 22min/game Dman, a prospect and a pick as the return for Hallsy. The cursed 3 for 1 LT wants so badly may have been lost in translation.

62. leadfarmer says:

You don’t trade Hall for Hamonic or Drai for Shattenkirk and expect to keep your job for long.

63. The Trade Guy says:

Wolfie:

Subban couldn’t stem the tide after Price went out…

Hall is a game changer…Trading him for anything less is a clear loss.

Subban is good
    Taylor Hall is good

64. square_wheels says:

LadiesloveSmid,

I’m murdering a goat if that happens.

65. stush18 says:

So it’s been reported that Milan lucic has agreed to a contract in principle with Edmonton. Will sign on July 1st.

66. Shau-co says:

My vote is to trade Pouliot for whatever you can get. Possibly add a decent LHD to the deal. Obviously the challenge is finding an interested partner and depends on the return.

Keep Hall, McDavid, RNH, Ebs, Draisatl

Sign Lucic, Demers

67. Mr DeBakey says:

LadiesloveSmid: The cursed 3 for 1 LT wants so badly may have been lost in translation.
      (Quote)  (Reply)

Hendricks, Korpikoski and a 7th to New Jersey for Vojtech Mozik,

68. Klima's_Bucket says:

stush18,

Where is this report?

69. Ryan says:

stush18:

BS according to a Boston reporter.

70. Mr DeBakey says:

Klima’s_Bucket:
    stush18,

Where is this report?

Look up, way up.

71. Centre of attention says:

Ryan: Bs?

He has to call BS or the Oilers are in trouble with tampering allegations.

You can’t make a binding claim until July 1st so everybody has to deny everything until then. Just covering his future bosses ass, that’s all.

72. Younger Oil says:

Ryan: Bs?

That being said, I don’t think you can usually trust either story really.

Gene saying that it’s a 95-100% thing is significant though, he is rarely wrong when talking about stuff like that because he does it so rarely.

73. Centre of attention says:

Younger Oil,

It’s my belief Gene Principe predicted the Justin Schultz signing before it happened, correct? He definitely doesn’t speak often but when he does its usually got some merit to it. Puns not included.

74. kinger_OIL says:

– Smokescreen 101 lesson kids: Did anyone report that Benson was skating with Klef?

– No because it’s clear that the Oil completed their due-diligence with those skates, and Benson was their 2nd round pick, and they didn’t want anyone to know

– A smart negociator for a D in a trade invites Demers to town, and lets everyone know, so that when negociating a trade, they have the “we aren’t desperate, Demers we can sign”

– Suspect they sign Lucic though, and ideally get rid of all of Yak, Pou Ebs.

– It would be so Oil to be like:

Lucic-McD-Pool-party
    Hall-RNH-Drai
    Maroon-Letetsu-Pak
    Hendy-new guy-Kassian

75. Ryan says:

Younger Oil: The Oilers get accused of tampering if Lucic freely admits they already agreed on a contract I believe, or something along those lines.

That being said, I don’t think you can usually trust either story really.

Lucic. Maroon. Kassian. Nurse.

Sounds like Katz has finally had it with bullies kicking sand in his face.

76. stush18 says:

Klima’s_Bucket:
    stush18,

Where is this report?

A group I follow on Facebook reported it. He is reliable and always links his sources, so I believe it. May have jumped the gun however as he has no source listed, although he never posts opinion articles. I’m waiting on a reply from him.

77. Магия 10 says:

Ryan: Lucic.Maroon.Kassian.Nurse.

Sounds like Katz has finally had it with bullies kicking sand in his face.

Also Harrison to protect him. Oh you mean at the arena.

78. stush18 says:

If it’s up to me I move ebs, pouliot, fayne and yak, assuming lucic signs.

Lucic-mcdavid-xxx
    Hall-nuge-drai
    Maroon-helm-kass
    Hendo-letestu-pak

Klef-Larsson
    Sekera-demers
    Reinhart-Davidson

Dare to dream

Edit* beaten to the punch

79. stush18 says:

Also I think we need to consider arrivals from the minors.

I know you shouldn’t count on them, but slepyshev, khaira, yakimov, musil, oesterle. Those are my wild cards that likely play significant time on the team next year.

80. Gordies Elbow says:

Lucic signs. Demers signs. Then what?

How about a Hall and Nurse for Subban deal?

Pouliot – Nugent-Hopkins – Eberle
    Lucic – McDavid – Yakupov
    Maroon – Draisaitl – Puljujarvi
    Hendricks – Letestu – Kassian
    Korpikoski – Pakarinen (PB)

Klefbom – Subban
    Sekera – Demers
    Davidson – Fayne
    Gryba (PB)

Talbot
    Brossoitt

Assuming $6m for Lucic, $5.5m for Demers, $1.25m for Gryba, this actually would come in under the cap by about 500k.

Playoff team?

81. Wolfie says:

The Trade Guy: By your logic. Taylor Hall must not be good as he hasn’t helped the Oilers from being one of the worst teams in the league.

Subban is good
    Taylor Hall is good

I never said Subban wasn’t any good. Subban is a fantastic player and would be a great get for the Oilers…

Like you said they are both good players. Do not forget the contracts that come with them. I would argue that Hall’s contract makes him more valuable in trade than Subban…. This disease that’s going on where people keeping adding pieces to the Oilers side is insane.

Hall is Rodney Dangerfield. He gets no respect. It’s incredible fans of the Oilers are undervaluing him. Usually the opposite is true.

Subban was in the exact same situation last year as Hall has been since entering the NHL. The best player on a terrible team.

82. Frank the dog says:

Wolfie: This disease that’s going on where people keeping adding pieces to the Oilers side is insane.

This.

83. Gret99zky says:

Wolfie:
    Willis has the issue surrounded in his article today in the Journal…Taylor Hall as been the 3rd best 5v5 player in the NHL behind on Crosby and Benn the last few years…

You don’t trade Hall + for Subban…Or anyone in the league really, given his reasonable salary.If someone wants to trade for Taylor Hall they have to realize the extreme value he has….

Hall is one of the game’s very best players stuck on one of the worst teams in modern history…Kinda reminds me of Yzerman in the early Detroit years….

Subban couldn’t stem the tide after Price went out…

Hall is a game changer…Trading him for anything less is a clear loss.

Gospel.

84. kelvjn says:

With the top two options at No.32 is either a LW who missed most of the year through injury (former 1st overall pick in WHL notwithstanding) and a 5’7″ scoring winger(Nick Petan upside), the selection is quite thin (compare to last year where a guy like Oliver Kylington, who began draft year as one of the top euro skaters, lasted until No. 60).

Would it make sense to give the owed pick back to SJ and hope for a better crop next year?

85. admiralmark says:

Boy you can cut the tension with a knife right now. I’m sittin in the middle of Nuck country and fans here have gone from hoping for Lucic to sign to now saying they hope he signs in Edm for 6 x 7 Mill. Lots of anger and resentment. I keep telling them there’s another free agent they should be aiming for thats now a Stanley Cup winner. Bonus is he will help them get a higher draft pick next year. Its clear that even the most diehards are struggling to accept their team is on the down swing and the punching bag Oilers are about to make some hay. Of course this means the bandwagon is rapidly emptying. I’d like to say I feel sorry for them but they are Nuck Fans…

86. John Chambers says:

Signing Lucic and Demers would be our “Hossa and Campbell” moment, akin to Chicago’s summer of ’09 that pushed them to new heights.

The problem of course is that it ultimately has led to the Blackhawks continuing to shed contracts for far less than full value.

We need Sekara, Lucic, and Demers today, but unless the cap rises to the $80M range we’re going to hate those contracts in 2020.

87. Generational Poster says:

If the Oilers do in fact sign Lucic and Demers, would NJ entertain Yak + Pouliot for Severson + 2017 2nd?

Add Stempniak and Redmond (injuries happen) and you are left with:

Lucic – McDavid – Eberle
    Hall – RNH / Drai – Stempniak
    Khaira / Slepy – Drai / RNH – Maroon
    Hendricks – Letestu – Whoever wins the job

KBomb – Demers
    Sekera – Fayne
    Davidson – Severson
    Redmond

Talbot
    Value backup

And a full slate of picks next year to keep the pipeline going.

AHL to start playing an absolute ton under the current coach or a new one that “gets it”:
    Nurse, Reinhart, Jessie P, Brossoit

88. AsiaOil says:

With Ebs, Pouliot, Yak, Korpse, Fayne and Ference on the roster (representing more than $20 million in cap) there is absolutely no reason to trade Taylor Hall. Get rid of the excess top 6 who have nowhere near Taylor Hall’s impact, over-paid bottom six forwards, and failed defensemen to free up cap room. If you sign Demers/Lucic then you have a ton of flexibility to trade guys for assets you need and cap room.

Get good players – keep good players – and Taylor Hall is our 2nd best player.

89. Brad says:

John Chambers,

Don’t think the Hawks care about shedding contracts when they’re winning the cup every other year… 3 Cups in the 7(?) years since they signed Hossa. Sign me up for hating those contracts in 2020 if we can have that.

90. Ice Sage says:

admiralmark:

Yeah, it’s been a slow comical dismantling since Benning and Linden arrived. I can’t think of a useful move they’ve made and the latest tampering gaffe just adds to the incompetent image. Problem is that the market won’t bear the radical surgery required (cashing in the Sedins). It’s a real shame 😉

91. PunkInDrublic says:

NJD have 10 players signed for next year and are $10m under the cap. They need scoring and salary. This may be the 3 for 1. Pouliot, Yak and Korpse for Larsson and a pick.

92. admiralmark says:

Ice Sage: Yeah, it’s been a slow comical dismantling since Benning and Linden arrived. I can’t think of a useful move they’ve made and the latest tampering gaffe just adds to the incompetent image.Problem is that the market won’t bear the radical surgery required (cashing in the Sedins).It’s a real shame 😉

I hate to say it but Benning reminds me of Tambellini except Benning has a little more character. This is gonna get worse before it gets better. And i’m gonna savour every last minute of it. 🙂

93. Kiltymcbagpipes says:

Ryan: Lucic.Maroon.Kassian.Nurse.

Sounds like Katz has finally had it with bullies kicking sand in his face.

An Oilers team with McDavid, Hall, Draisaitl, Lucic, Eberle, Hopkins, Maroon, Puljujarvi, Klefbom, Davidson, Demers, Sekera, Nurse, Talbot is ABSOLUTELY UNREAL!

94. Richard S.S. says:

LadiesloveSmid:

Is it possible to revisit a speculative proposed trade using the same players but replacing #4 with 2017 1st round pick, adding perhaps another pick and eliminating #28 and not adding any substitution?

95. Shau-co says:

Brad:
    John Chambers,

Exactly my thoughts!

What a nice problem to have. They probably are working on 3-5 year plans, but it’s a fluid process.

Develop players and play them wth elite players so they look really good. Trade them for picks. Draft, develop, repeat.

We are getting closer to having some solid organizational depth in many areas. Hopefully with the right moves this off season we can see a big jump forward by Edmonton.

96. SumOil says:

Richard S.S.,
    That sounds like a terrible deal for the Oilers

97. Frank the dog says:

Kiltymcbagpipes: I’ve been pounding the table for a couple years that we needed these type of players. The fact we are close to having them all and still have what I have called our ‘Core perimeter players’ should make everyone happy. In a perfect world Lucic and Demers sign, we trade Poo and YAK for a decent RHD and finally, finally WE CAN ALL HAVE WHAT WE WANT!

Until they all get injured, that is.

98. semi legendary rot lobster says:

Frank the dog,

usually only have 2 wait for preseason fr that kind of thing

frank r u actually a dog

we shld get w that bear fellow and start hockey animal rights group

also thr are few other posters here i am sure r also animals but wont admit

99. Centre of attention says:

Johnston is among the gold standards of trade / signing news. So, there you go.

100. Dicky94 says:

Centre of attention,

That he is. Looks like Chia is going all in for next year. I also don’t believe that Hall will be the one on the way out.

101. hags9k says:

I just got wood.

102. flyfish1168 says:

Dicky94:
    Centre of attention,

I hope you are correct. If we are going to have 3 scoring lines Hall needs to stay. Pou and Eberle unfortunately would be the ones most likey to go 1st. JMHO

103. Richard S.S. says:

SumOil,

Acquiring a thought to be impossible to acquire #1 D is cheap at any price. Pick up a good 2/3 Center and a young C and save a wee bit is big. If Gary Bettman freezes Rosters before the Expansion Draft, as he’s likely to do, it’s important to do everything now using maximum time to do everything needed. And take advantage of everyone else having problems.

104. Kaptain Vikarious says:

semi legendary rot lobster:
    Frank the dog,

usually only have 2 wait for preseason fr that kind of thing

frank r u actually a dog

we shld get w that bear fellow and start hockey animal rights group

also thr are few other posters here i am sure r also animals but wont admit

I may be a lobster, Frank the Dog may be a dog… I figured out who you are. I knew I knew you from somewhere!

107. semi legendary rot lobster says:

Kiltymcbagpipes,

i dont get this human reference is it bad

and do you really know this person

does he eat lobsters

also if i had to guess i dont think you are lobster

maybe some kinda poultry

108. semi legendary rot lobster says:

Kaptain Vikarious,

some lobsters like to dress up as sea urchins its kind of strange

109. auzy11 says:

Luc and Demers i doubt both…Wow if true,wow,but rumrs start when players come to Edmonton,that just does NOT happen

110. Ducey says:

Lucic says rumours that he signed w EDM are “bullshit” – per Sportsnet. They have a video of the tour with KLowe and the orange headed kid.

111. PaperDesigner says:

Ducey:

I’m sure that it is indeed not true that he has signed an illegal contract that cannot be enforced in the NHL. It may be true that he’s agreed in principle already to what that contract may be… unofficially.

112. whale says:

You can’t have both Lucic and Demers with the expansion draft. unless a protectee player leaves for ineligible players. just a thought.

113. Wonder Llama says:

semi legendary rot lobster:
    Frank the dog,

usually only have 2 wait for preseason fr that kind of thing

frank r u actually a dog

we shld get w that bear fellow and start hockey animal rights group

also thr are few other posters here i am sure r also animals but wont admit

llamas r llovely, llobsters r llooney and llacking lletters.

114. stevezie says:

whale,

Losing Demers would not be bad. We’ve got to lose someone, if it’s a guy we signed then it’s the same as having only signed him for one year.

He may want a NMC, but this is Jason Demers. I’m not sure he has that much cachet. Even if he does, big deal we lose Pou. Got to lose someone.

Hoarding ineligible players won’t work. There are rules that say you havr to expose a certain amount of money and experience. Brace yourselves for losing someone and move on.

115. 719 says:

Including bonuses we have around 9.5 million in cap space. If we want Lucic, Jesse P and Demers on the rosters we need to free up about 4 million in cap space. Benoit Pouliot seems like an ideal trade candidate.

Alternatively, sign lucic and demers, start Jesse P in the AHL. That may be the best alternative with the expansion draft coming up.

116. Walter Sobchak says:

I don’t understand why people keep putting Hall in on Subban trade talks.

1) MTL is loaded on LW
    2) MTL needs a centre
    3) If there is substance to the draft day trade talk ( I believe it broke down after the name Klefbom came up) the principle player was Draisaitl not Hall.

I still believe there is a deal there still but the add on’s might be to great.

As for the Oilers moving a forward Eberle has to be the offer at this point.
    Draisaitl played amazing in Eberle spot (small sample size) this is not lost on PC
    There has to be a deal involving Eberle, even if you have to plus – plus it.

Trade Pouliot and Yakupov the Oilers will be in fine form.

117. spoiler says:

Changes are a’comin, prepare thyself.

118. spoiler says:

A long time ago, on this blog, I posited that the org wouldn’t turn around till we had a cluster behind the Hall cluster. There was no one to protect the Ebses, Halls and Nuges, so till they were the protection, we were doomed. Plus D, which were drafted second rather than first.

Now that Hall can protect McDeity and Dr. Drai, we trade him?

There is so much smoke out there I wonder if the media knows something… such as this astute poster stated:

Ben: Unless:
    1) He’s asked out.
    2) Coach doesn’t like something about him.

119. match eddy says:

Chia: “Kevin, you know you are the only one wearing a hard hat?”

KL: “Pete, I think I know a thing or two about safety….”

120. npanciroli says:

I’d love to know their template for a roster. I’m guessing they try real hard to trade Eberle for a RHD and then if not RNH and then if not Hall for a legit #1.

I bet they want the D to look like this.

Klefbom – x (trade) [I think they really want Shattenkirk, but not if he doesnt sign extension]
    Sekera – Demers
    Davidson – Gryba

My concern is they are okay with Letestu as the #3 center.

Those concerned about expansion draft: Top 4 D, Draisaitl, 2 of the 6 mil, Lucic.

Davidson/Pouliot/Yakupov become expansion bait.

121. Магия 10 says:

Sweeney looking at 7×7 offer sheet to Trouba. Ironic if he forces trade to Chia.

122. Jordan says:

Магия 10:

Admittedly, I don’t follow trouba or his development closely.

That being said, if this offer does merrit FOUR 1sts, I would be strongly tempted to take the picks.

Trouba might be worth the money in a few years. Definitely is not now.

With the change in the draft lottery prioritization though, any of those picks could be 1st OV – 3rd OV.

Best way to win the lottery – be lucky.

2nd best way – have more tickets than the other guys.

123. Alpine says:

Kinda like the idea of Lucic mainly because it replaces some of the production of one of the Austins if they’re traded without giving up anything but money. I just hope he’s Hartnell and not Brown. Hartnell actually peaked after 30 somehow.

Often teams will move a productive player without a contingency to replace that production, but lucic should replace say 80% of Eberle for the next 3 years at least.

124. Pouzar says:

Jordan: Admittedly, I don’t follow trouba or his development closely.

Trouba might be worth the money in a few years.Definitely is not now.

Best way to win the lottery – be lucky.

2nd best way – have more tickets than the other guys.

That’s #1 Money and he sure as sh!t ain’t a #1 now.

have at er Boston.

125. semi legendary rot lobster says:

whale,

r u actually a whale

also do whales like mma always wanted 2 know

Wonder Llama,

r u actually a lama

126. kb says:

Alpine,

Lucic has more point then RNH and 17 less points than Eberle the last 3 years.
    I don’t think its that much of a hit points wise (unless you give up Hall…..)

127. Water Fire says:

Alpine:

Lucic has another aspect that Eberle doesn’t – he will open room for his line. I would expect the other 20 % is made up with their increased production. Lucic was also shown to drive offense, he has a high contribution to scoring while he’s on the ice, I see it coming from the distraction a large aggressive skilled player is to defenders. Lots to think about when he’s on.

128. Pouzar says:

Water Fire: Lucic has another aspect that Eberle doesn’t – he will open room for his line. I would expect the other 20 % is made up with their increased production. Lucic was also shown to drive offense, hehas a high contribution to scoring while he’s on the ice, I see it coming from the distraction a large aggressive skilled player is to defenders. Lots to think about when he’s on.

Why are you comparing a Left Shot Left winger to a Right Shot Right winger?

129. square_wheels says:

Pouzar,

Why cant Lucic play off-wing ? Considering his possession monster-ness, I think its a good road lineup move to shelter McD and Drai.

130. Jethro Tull says:

square_wheels:
    Pouzar,

Hey Milan, sign for us! Not only are we gonna pay you top dollar, we’re also gonna play you on the opposite wing! Whaddya say?

In summary, it’s like saying “why do we need right shot defensemen, can’t the lefties just play on the right? It’d be a good road lineup move. They’d never expect it.”

131. Pouzar says:

square_wheels:
    Pouzar,

Ask him. We are stacked at LW so you want to sign a guy for 6 x 6 and put him on his off-wing now?

132. Sugar Reijo says:

Магия 10:

4 consecutive first rounders for Trouba + $7 mill/year is batshit insane.

133. Pouzar says:

Sugar Reijo: 4 consecutive first rounders for Trouba + $7 mill/year is batshit insane.

Say what you want about his potential. He was 3rd pairing last year. Let that sink in.

134. square_wheels says:

Pouzar,

I never said he would play exclusively off-wing, but on the road in the 3rd when you have a short bench, Yak and Ebs might need to sit and let Pou and Hall play LW with Nuge and McD at center, Lucic and Hendo/Drai on the right.

The RW is still out of balance, not enough 2 way depth since Teddy left.

135. Магия 10 says:

We are talking Sweeney.

136. Truth says:

LT,

Interesting you had David Quenneville at pick 153. Tyler Benson’s old teammate on the SSAC Bantam AAA team that lit it up. His 5’8″ frame obviously didn’t fit the Oilers ideology on D for this draft.

137. VOR says:

I don’t want to piss on a spark plug. But this last year in LA is the best possession season of Lucic’s career. Before that he was pretty average. Some of ithe improvement this past year was undoubtedly playing on a dominant possession team. Not to mention his time on ice numbers don’t scream first line winger. Can he match Connor McDavid minute for minute and not fall off a cliff? If you think I am wrong check out Hockey Reference.

138. square_wheels says:

VOR,

Good point – LA zooms possession. Odd that they can do this with a team full of average skaters. Suspect they’re going to find this harder to maintain as their core ages.

But then again, Lombardi probably has all of them on TRT under the guise of LA environmental conditions adversely affecting the testosterone of males.

139. Truth says:

VOR,

Doughty playing half of every game makes a huge difference for all LA’s forwards, IMO.

Also, Maroon showed well alongside McDavid, you’d think Lucic would be able to keep up just as well. I obviously don’t see Maroon being able to match the pace he was on over long term, but it is promising that McDavid can play well with bigger slower wingers.

140. Oilspill says:

square_wheels:
    VOR,

This bull shit that possession is based on skating shows how little people know. A good pass in an open lane is much more effective. Speed is more important on the defensive side of the puck.

141. magneto says:

With Jones signing, does a trade for Savard become easier for the Oilers?
    Fatne+Yakimov+a pick?
    CBJ saves money, gets a 4/5 right handed D and a probable 4th liner with potential. Fills 2 roster spots with some money to spare.
    Oilers can still go for Demers and have a very mobile top 4

Klefbom-Demers
    Sekera-Savard

142. rickithebear says:

What become apparent is the availibilty of a player to influence the games they are playing.
    Missing games has an affect.
    Availabilty is important.
    you want your best playing as many of the games possible; cause a #13-#16 Fwd are replacing them and causing change in the slot structure of your team.
    Divide by the full games available to get a weighted PPG; GPG; EVGPG affect.

last 2 years 164Gm:

34G .22 GPG; 34/164 .21 GPG
    30 EVG .20 EVGPG; 30/164 .18 EVGPG

#194 Yakupoov RW 86.0%; .34 PPG; .16 GPG; .10 EVGPG
    141gm 56P .40PPG; 141/164 86.0%; .34 PPG
    22G .16 GPG; 22/164 .13 GPG
    16 EVG .11 EVGPG; .10 EVGPG

Hall and Lucic are a wash.
    Nielson (2.5 to 3M) over RNH 6M
    Hudler (3-4M) over Eberle (6M)
    Coulburne (2-2.75M) over Pouliot 4M