RE 16-17 TODD MCLELLAN: YOU WON’T SEE ME

It must have been a trying season for Todd McLellan. The team he left finally broke through to the SCFs, the team he joined were the Misfits. Bad schedule, bad timing, bad luck, bad injuries—by the time snowbirds headed south it was all over but the crying. They tell us the struggle is what we remember, and surely Todd McLellan will use that struggle as fuel for the future. (You Won’t See Me)

1. How many games did he win? 31, the largest total since Tom Renney’s second year. Last time a coach won 40 here it was MacT in 2007-08. Think about that, MacTavish won 41 with the 2007-08 team. Incredible.
  2. How did his first year compare to Tom Renney’s first season? In terms of wins and points, McLellan was better—31 to 25 wins, 70 to 62 points.
  3. What about possession? At 5×5, Renney’s first team (2010-11) was 46.4 Corsi for 5×5, and improved to 47.3 in year two, 2011-12.
  4. McLellan’s first team? The 2015-16 Oilers were 48.8 5×5 Corsi for percentage.
  5. That isn’t terrible. Five Western Conference teams finished with less impressive totals—Colorado (No.30), Arizona (No. 28), Vancouver (27), Minnesota (23) and Calgary (No. 21). Edmonton finished No. 19 overall.
  6. It sounds like your RE has goals for and against about equal? Yes. 226-226, we will go over the numbers later today.
  7. How many games will they win? I will guess 36-40, I have them coming in around 85 points. No. 5 in the division, No. 10 in the conference and No. 21 in the NHL.
  8. What would 226-226 have done a year ago? An even goal differential? Well, in the division Edmonton would have finished No. 4, but the goal differential was so wide between teams. California was +87 and the rest of the Pacific was -159. Major gap. I think California and Calgary finish ahead of Edmonton this year.
  9. What about the Western Conference? A year ago, an even goal differential would have represented No. 9, I have Edmonton No. 10—suspect the Oilers will finish ahead of the Canucks, Coyotes, Colorado and one of the Jets, Wild or Stars.
  10. What about overall? An even goal differential one year ago would have placed Edmonton No. 16, but I believe we will see a market correction this year. The teams I have finishing for certain behind Edmonton? Vancouver, Arizona, Colorado, Toronto, Columbus, New Jersey. I have Oil No. 21 overall.
  11. That’s a lot of the east. Yes. I think Edmonton will be a better team, but fall short of the playoffs.
  12. Seems aggressive. If Edmonton could add a legit RHD and a solid backup goalie, I would probably pick them for the playoffs.
  13. What kind of defenseman does McLellan need? Dan Boyle in his prime, or even Dan Boyle slightly past his prime.
  14. Will he be able to make do with this group? He might be able to, but everything would have to break right. Everyone healthy, Klefbom—Larsson lock and load in a heartbeat, Sekera with Fayne playing at a solid level. And then third pair clicking via Davidson and one of the multitudes.
  15. And if anything goes wrong? Someone has to emerge. It isn’t impossible, Klefbom did in 2014 and Davidson did a year ago. The Oilers are going to need at least one, maybe two defenders to jump up. It does happen to bad teams, but not often.
  16. Does McLellan have more to build on than a year ago? On defense? Oh yes, I think so. Adam Larsson is a good NHL defenseman, and Brandon Davidson is a known item. Good grief, McLellan had Klefbom for 30 games. If you think about it, the change from one opening night to another could be drastic.
  17. What is better about the defense year over year? More mobile, and better. Opening night was Sekera—Fayne, Klefbom—Schultz, Reinhart—Gryba. Opening night this year could be Klefbom—Larsson, Sekera—Fayne and Nurse—Davidson. Better, by quite a lot.
  18. They need a power-play option. Well, Sekera is more effective than most people believe, the shinpad assassin nickname aside. I also think Klefbom might be an option, and of course the club may run four forwards and a blue. They do have options.
  19. Do you give credit to McLellan for Davidson emerging? I am always hesitant to take credit away from the player. Let’s agree that the rookie crop—McDavid, Davidson, Pakarinen, Oesterle, Reinhart—was an interesting crew.
  20. What about goalie? I like Talbot as the starter, the backup situation seems less than ideal. We will see.
  21. Will Chiarelli move quickly if the tandem isn’t good enough? That is the correct move, the Oilers playbook in the past has been to wait until the season is lost, followed by furrowed brow.
  22. How will things look up front? McLellan probably marries Lucic to McDavid, but Benoit Pouliot had terrific chemistry with 97—you never know. RW is likely Eberle, although I would one last time like to mention Yakupov as a terrific option in an effort to achieve balance and three scoring lines.
  23. 2line? Poo-Nuge-someone. Eventually Puljujarvi, but could be Leon (good idea if an option appears for 3C), Nail (bad idea) or Kassian (possible idea).
  24. 3line? Kids make sense for soft parade (at home), suspect Maroon is the experienced player on the line. I think Pouliot stays on one of the top two lines due to range of skill. I think folks maybe believe Pouliot and Maroon are interchangeable, I vehemently disagree. Pouliot is a terrific player, suspect McLellan will use him in a feature role. Maroon-Leon-Puljujarvi 3line opening night is my guess, Pakarinen if JP is in Bakersfield.
  25. Power Play? I think Puljujarvi may get some play. If they run Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi with Eberle and Sekera, you might be able to run two RH shots with 97 in the Nuge spot. Maybe it works. Nuge might end up on the second PP, which would be insane depth. I think Puljujarvi’s shot, which has been on display in international tournaments, could see some daylight on this Oilers team.
  26. Puljujarvi? Really? McLellan on Jesse Puljujarvi: “Jesse’s played against men & I think that gives him a head start.” Source
  27. Injury? That would certainly impact the roster, and of course there is a cap worry, too. If he spends 20 games in the minors, the bonus is less of a worry. Then again, maybe he develops chem with McDavid.
  28. Penalty Kill? Suspect we will see more of McDavid and Nuge this season, along with Mark Letestu, Anton Lander, Matt Hendricks and Iiro Pakarinen. More speed this season, I bet, and that may also mean some of the more skilled wingers playing on the PK. More McDavid and Nuge at 4×5 is the big wrinkle in this area in my opinion, you could see it as time went along last year.
  29. What was the best thing about McLellan? I think his team improved over the season, despite losing Klefbom and Davidson. Sunil Agnihotri did a dandy job of describing the improvement here—that was before the Hall trade, so you may choose to alter the projections based on the changes.
  30. What were McLellan’s biggest mistakes? I think he (or Chiarelli—or both) overreacted to Darnell Nurse and first 11 games. Possession numbers were reasonably good—and they had a need—so elevated Darnell to the pairing with Andrej Sekera. Even after poor Corsi results proved the pairing was not doing well, Edmonton stayed the course with the pairing. That is a mistake.
  31. Maybe he doesn’t believe in your stupid Corsi God. Todd McLellan: “Volume shooting, I don’t know what that does to Corsi or Fenwick because I don’t even know what those things are, but volume shooting is important. I think it breaks down defensive zone coverages, gets players out of position, taxes the opposition, makes them play more minutes in their zone.” Source
  32. Why this song? As I am doing CanCon, it would be impossible to run this project without including Anne Murray. I remember when I saw her (it sounds lame, but it is true) on a summer replacement show called Singalong Jubilee. I think it came on at the same time as Don Messer, but that show would be off for the summer. There was a guy named Tom Kelly, who worked a rocking chair like hell wouldn’t have it, Catherine Anne McKinnon would sing every week, and they had a cast of maybe 20 young people who wrote and sang love songs. Anyway, Anne Murray is supremely talented and that is a fact. Her voice is incredible, she has unique style. There is a scene in Tears are Not Enough (the movie) where she sings her line the first time, and David Foster wants something else. So he gets her to sing it two or three more times, then goes back to her original rendition, admitting she did it right the first time. I think in some ways she is so good we take her talent for granted—she is a national treasure.

61 Responses to "RE 16-17 TODD MCLELLAN: YOU WON’T SEE ME"

Busy day on the Lowdown, 10 this morning TSN1260. Scheduled to appear:

10:20 Scott Burnside, ESPN
    10:40 Andrew Bucholtz, 55-Yard Line
    11:05 Kirk Luedeke Red Line Report (Benning, draft)
    11:25 Jared Book Bluebird Banter

10-1260 text, @Lowetide on twitter.

2. Ca$h-McMoney! says:

Also interesting take on Dallas. Not a team I thought about passing (despite their constant success I keep looking at the Ducks lineup on paper and not understanding how they are any good, plus Carlisle).

I guess Dallas could take a step back, given that they were basically all offense last year, old and bad goaltending is just getting another year older, and the D lost arguably two of their top 3 guys (leaving the 1 guy in that group that’s basically all offense). They got better at forward though.

So I guess you could be right, but I hadn’t considered it at all. Now I’m interested to see what Dallas does with their year.

3. JDï™ says:

Anne Murray and (early) Chicago. Hey, you got chocolate in my peanut butter!

4. OilClog says:

Calgary – new coach, new systems, no signed Johnny yet, lost some depth of their jewel filled D. Oooooo Elliot how scary.

Anaheim – new old coach, older, going to be some transition no matter.

Los Angeles – same song and dance with Alil less talent now, Alil more older.

Realistically LA should be the only team pegged to be McDavid at this point in the division, far too many what ifs with the rest of the division, McDavid is going to smell blood and take everything

5. Lloyd B. says:

Thread jack alert. In Terry Jones article today, he reports the keys get turned over to OEG on Thursday. No one has been allowed to skate on the ice as there will be a special first skater followed by a special first day group.

I really hope the 80s Oilers are nowhere near this first skate. The team has to move past continually reliving what happened 30+ years ago. Hopefully the closing of Rexall was the last hurrah for them.

I had season tickets during the 80s and it was great but it is time to move on. I truly hope a minor league hockey player and/or figure skater gets the first skate. This building is about the future, not the past.

6. JDï™ says:

Lloyd B.: special first skater

This should fuel some speculation. Is it possible they don’t have an 80s legend as part of this?

7. jimmers2 says:

JDï™,

You know that it is going to be Curt Brackenbury.

Brack Attack!

8. Water Fire says:

Ca$h-McMoney!: “He’s played against men, that gives him a head start” is the reason Sleppy started on the roster last year too. So I think you’re right, as much as I wish you weren’t.

This is a good point, but the thing that gives JP a much better chance is that he is a much better player. He was a top 3 player and those are the cream of every draft. That Columbus made a big mistake doesn’t diminish JP.

If he could be sheltered there is a great chance he’d have a good rookie NHL year. Thing is the Oilers are too shallow to shelter properly.

9. OF17 says:

The two things I’m most hoping for out of McLellan are Yak playing with McDavid and Sekera-Fayne taking the lion’s share of the defensive assignments. It’s a role they played last year, and any pairing with Fayne on it is going to be slanted towards defense. Giving them the defensive zone starts gives clear water to Klefbom-Larsson to do their thing.

I’m not talking about as extreme of a deployment as they had last year, but they should have the more defensive role of the top two pairings.

10. OF17 says:

Lloyd B.:

I really hope the 80s Oilers are nowhere near this first skate.The team has to move past continually reliving what happened 30+ years ago.Hopefully the closing of Rexall was the last hurrah for them.

I had season tickets during the 80s and it was great but it is time to move on.I truly hope a minor league hockey player and/or figure skater gets the first skate.This building is about the future, not the past.

They could do worse than having Gretzky take the first skate. Imagine if it’s the guy who threw his jersey that MacT promised some ceremonial role to at the first playoff game. Could be way worse.

Maybe make it an open skate for kids at the Stollery?

11. rickithebear says:

Ca$h-McMoney!: I keep looking at the Ducks lineup on paper and not understanding how they are any good, plus Carlisle).

Ask Matt Benning!

12. Ducey says:

jimmers2:
    JDï™,

You know that it is going to be Curt Brackenbury.

Brack Attack!

Stan Weir!

Followed by a variety of religious and spiritual leaders (don’t forget the voodoo guy).

13. JDï™ says:

Ducey: Got to keep the Gords and Gods happy and chase away the curse that has been on this team.

First skater – Lauren Pronger!

14. Ducey says:

ANA had the 6th best PP, and best goals against in the league. Their offense was middling but when you lead the league in goals against, you usually have a pretty good team.

15. Yeti says:

jimmers2: You know that it is going to be Curt Brackenbury.

Really? I presumed it was going to be Ethan Moreau who would skate up the empty ice and somehow manage to take an offensive zone penalty. It would all work out ok, though, because those penalties are easier to kill.

16. Water Fire says:

JDï™: First skater – Lauren Pronger!

Peter Pocklington!

17. Water Fire says:

Ducey:
    ANA had the 6th best PP, and best goals against in the league.Their offense was middling but when you lead the league in goals against, you usually have a pretty good team.

Last year’s great coach doesn’t work there anymore.

She’ll be a new ship boys. Tough as Sam Pollock, defending with everything they’ve got.

18. rickithebear says:

Ducey:

with the best 1st comp HSCA d pair
    playing in front of high danger goalies.
    #18 Gibson .870 38 starts
    #25 anderson .862 37 starts

toronto traded #30 2016 and 2nd rd 2017 for Andersson
    then traded bernier to them for a 5th rd.
    #11 Bernier .874

A tandem of
    Bernier and Gibson
    a whole heck of alot better than
    Gibson – Andersson

Bernier behind 3 top 30 HSCAD
    Manson; Lindholm; Vatanen
    we might see LAK bernier numbers.

19. dustrock says:

With Anaheim’s top line and that D core, hard to believe they wouldn’t be great.

But parity is a funny thing.

Can we agree that the Pacific as a whole will be tighter this year?

20. jfry says:

Mgt and coach had basically the same quote last TC about sleppy as you’re providing for poolparty. And sleppy came in with vastely superior numbers from a league featuring better players.

They are obviously different prospects, but something to keep in mind.

Sleppy was also drafter no 1 overall in the khl draft, so there are pedigree similarities.

Just my take. If PJ plays a prominent role this year, this is a team that won’t greatly improve because of ideology. It’s weird to watch them make brossoit develop with reps but then throw every top rated pick to the dogs since samwise.

My prediction, JP develops more like cogs: first year experience three times.

I hope not

21. Woogie63 says:

LT you mention Renney and he is on the same plane as me this morning….

22. JDï™ says:

Woogie63:
    LT you mention Renney and he is on the same plane as me this morning….

How much do you hate LT for not mentioning Scarlett Johansson?

23. Ca$h-McMoney! says:

jfry:

Except Eberle, MPS, Nurse (to an extent), and Klefbom.

Outside of Yak the first rounders they’ve thrown right into the NHL haven’t really been the problem.

Still, I want this team to be good without JP. I want the team to be good and still able to add JP so we can be really good.

24. Tire Fire says:

OilClog: San Jose – over exceeding all expectations, lost a heart breaker, how often do the old fossils come out gums blazing after a final defeat.

Hah, gums. Beautiful.

McLellan was a letdown and a disappointment last season. He didn’t live up to the billing as supposedly one of the elite coaches. He is merely a competent replacement level coach. I was particularly disappointed in game-day bench coaching, and talent utilizationi. And the power play was beyond horrid for much of the season.

Aside:

Ralph is really going to want to stick it to the NHL types later this month. I’m sort of rooting for Team Europe, but I can’t really tell for sure until the puck drops from amongst Canada, Europe, and North America.

26. Ducey says:

godot10:
    McLellan was a letdown and a disappointment last season.He didn’t live up to the billing as supposedly one of the elite coaches.He is merely a competent replacement level coach.I was particularly disappointed in game-day bench coaching, and talent utilizationi.And the power play was beyond horrid for much of the season.

The PP was 18th in goals scored (10 off the leader WASH who had 52), 16th in goals per 60. EDM was 18th in the amount of time they had on the PP.

The sample sizes are so small on the PP its hard to get excited about it. Had they scored 4 more PP goals they would have been 9th in goals scored.

That’s better than “beyond horrid”.

Presumably the injuries to McDavid, Nuge and Oscar had something to do with not having a better number.

27. JDï™ says:

Ducey: injuries to McDavid, Nuge and Oscar

And Eberle, Pou.

It’s kind of funny that the only impact player last year to not get injured was Hall, and he had been probably the most injured in previous years.

28. Evilas says:

godot10,

I disagree. The goaltending was often shaky, the defense was often AHL-level and there were a ton of injuries. Plus there was no bonafide (and still is not) PP QB on the blueline.

Despite all of these things, they did not finish 30th. I expect much better results this season (15th-20th overall) and I will give him 2 seasons to be a legitimate playoff team.

My concern is how this World Cup will impact the season with the Coaching Staff not around at the onset of Training Camp and the top 3 C’s and a top 3 Dman involved.

I totally understand your impatience and criticism; there’s been far too much disappointment for the last decade. However, the amazing developments of the last 16 months in Oil Country gives me more hope than ever.

29. stephen sheps says:

Ducey: The PP was 18th in goals scored (10 off the leader WASH who had 52), 16th in goals per 60.EDM was 18th in the amount of time they had on the PP.

That’s better than “beyond horrid”.

Something something facts + narrative something something 🤔

I don’t remember where I first saw this article, might have even been here, but this is a good albeit far from perfect read about why we tend to let narratives win over logic, reason and sound arguments.

30. Lackadaisical says:

Hey Lt, or anyone that follows Boston, where do you think the Bruins will finish this year?

Lackadaisical:

Bubble playoff team. Still lots of work to do, Rask a key.

32. Soup Fascist says:

Stauffer hinting a “short term” offensive defenceman may be brought in over the next 3 weeks. Sounds like an older, one dimensional (read: less than stellar defensively) player, presumably right handed based on other hints.

A salary reduced Dennis Wideman? Dan Boyle (unless he is retired). Neither of those make a ton of sense.

Other thoughts?

Only thing I am sure is Mr. Bear will NOT be pleased.

33. LadiesloveSmid says:

Soup Fascist,

if Wideman is at 500K are they still not a worse team? good on the PP and brutal in every other facet

hope that guy is Mark Streit

34. OF17 says:

Evilas:
    godot10,

I disagree.The goaltending was often shaky, the defense was often AHL-level and there were a ton of injuries.Plus there was no bonafide (and still is not) PP QB on the blueline.

Despite all of these things, they did not finish 30th.I expect much better results this season (15th-20th overall) and I will give him 2 seasons to be a legitimate playoff team.

I totally understand your impatience and criticism; there’s been far too much disappointment for the last decade.However, the amazing developments of the last 16 months in Oil Country gives me more hope than ever.

I’m concerned about the WC too. Having your top 3 centers plus a top 3 defenseman all out for most of camp while your GM, head coach, and associate coach are also all gone isn’t a recipe for success. Thankfully we’re going into the season with the same head coach, and there wasn’t all that much player turnover. Only Larsson, Lucic, and Puljujarvi need to learn the system from scratch. In that sense we’re not in too bad of shape.

The thing that makes me optimistic for it is Stauffer’s tweet about the Oilers inviting a C to camp on a PTO while the big 3 are at the WC. That could be the big break of the tournament for us. If the center performs, we could luck into forward depth right there.

Who could it be? Legwand, Richards, Hodgson, Corban Knight, maybe even Jarret Stoll? That’d solve out PP bomb problems at least. Slim pickings for sure, but it could add some depth at the position.

OilClog,

Last year there were 58 goalies who played 800min or more.

Elliot ranked 4th of those 58 in 5v5 SV% wtih .9381

A natural next assumption is “well, STL has a great Dcorps so of course his SV% is higher than most”

In that case we look at GSAA, or Goals Saved Above Average.

This looks at every save with a weighting for how “dangerous” the shot is due to its type and location.

Then the goalie’s SV% is compared to the rest of the league for each shot location and type.

If a goalie is above average, they have a +GSAA, if they are below average they have a negative GSAA.

Elliot was 5th in the NHL with +18.26 GSAA which means he saved 18.26 more goals than the average NHL goalie would have if they faced the exact same shots.

Talbot was 47th with -1.95
    Gustavsson was 51st with -5.53

Chad Johnson was 40th with +0.58

Elliot is the goods.

Also,

After Talbot lost the net, he got it back Dec 14th.

Here’s his splits using GSAA

Oct 1-Dec13 -8.14
    Dec 14- April 9 +6.19

If Talbot can hold his Dec-Apr form, he’d be 19th in NHL via GSAA

Hopefully cutting down on the tougher shots will also help the goals against.

36. Chachi says:

LadiesloveSmid:
    Soup Fascist,

hope that guy is Mark Streit

I have a feeling it is going to be Cody Franson.

37. OF17 says:

Soup Fascist,

David Rundblad maybe? Davidson would cover a lot of his shortcomings.

38. OF17 says:

Chachi: I have a feeling it is going to be Cody Franson.

39. Chachi says:

Woodguy:
    OilClog,

Last year there were 58 goalies who played 800min or more.

Elliot ranked 4th of those 58 in 5v5 SV% wtih .9381

In that case we look at GSAA, or Goals Saved Above Average.

Talbot was 47th with -1.95
    Gustavsson was 51st with -5.53

Elliot is the goods.

Also,

After Talbot lost the net, he got it back Dec 14th.

Here’s his splits using GSAA

Oct 1-Dec13 -8.14
    Dec 14- April 9 +6.19

If Talbot can hold his Dec-Apr form, he’d be 19th in NHL via GSAA

Hopefully cutting down on the tougher shots will also help the goals against.

Amazing how much better Elliot performed after going to St. Louis compared to his time in Ottawa and his brief stay in Colorado.

40. rickithebear says:

07-08 oilers
    top 10 forward goals scorers.
    Penner 82gm 23

Fayne 69gm 2
    Gryba 53gm 1
    Clandening 20gm 1
    24G
    196 goals total

41. Chachi says:

OF17: I’d be very pleased with that. Pretty much exactly what we need on 3RD. Why would Buffalo trade him though? They made room by dealing Pysyk. and they’re nowhere near the cap. Definitely have room for both Ristolainen and Girgensons to sign without making a trade.

Maybe they have something better in mind for the 3.3 M cap hit? I don’t think you could argue he provided Buffalo much value for the money so far.

42. Ducey says:

Chachi: I have a feeling it is going to be Cody Franson.

43. Chachi says:

Ducey: The Wiz? He is on a PTO somewhere but presumably he can still sign an NHL deal elsewhere.

You never know. If they can bring a guy like that in for a million or less they can always bury him in the minors if he doesn’t work out or if the Oilers find someone better.

44. OF17 says:

Chachi: Maybe they have something better in mind for the 3.3 M cap hit? I don’t think you could argue heprovided Buffalo much value for the money so far.

45. Centre of attention says:

If the Oilers traded for Wideman in the next couple weeks (good possibility according to sources) what would your guys RE for him look like? Does he hit double digits in goals?

I think if he played 70 games with heavy power play usage, 10 goals 20 assists isn’t ridiculous is it?

Is it worth the bad voodoo that comes with the player? Tough call.

46. Chachi says:

OF17: I’m not sure what that would be though. There aren’t any free agents left that would command that kind of coin. Maybe if they trade for Fowler Franson will shake loose? But that’s kind of just shuffling your depth around without really adding any.

Sure, unless they have something bigger in mind it probably wouldn’t make sense. Buffalo has not been shy to deal though…

47. LadiesloveSmid says:

rickithebear,

looks like you’re trying to get at something here ricki, I just can’t tell what it is

48. Pouzar says:

Nuge for Wideman. Git er done Chia!

49. Centre of attention says:

Pouzar:
    Nuge for Wideman. Git er done Chia!

Nah. I think something like Ference for Wideman with Calgary retaining enough salary retained so the money is equal.

Calgary can LTIR Ference and get cap relief, and we get a #6 defender / power play specialist.

Hard to say how much bad voodoo he is carrying from that incident, it’s something that definitely makes you hesitate.

Mark Bowie ‏@bowiepuck 7m7 minutes ago

Despite not getting an NHL contract and his rights expiring, overage goalie Keven Bouchard will return to Oilers rookie camp as FA invite.

51. Yeti says:

So there’s still a chance….

52. Ducey says:

Pouzar:
    Nuge for Wideman. Git er done Chia!

Nope. Nurse is the obvious guy to go 🙂

Casey Nelson (RHD) came out of college last year and scored 4pts in 7 games.

They might move Franson out to make room.

Risto 1RD, Bogo 2RD

54. frjohnk says:

LadiesloveSmid:
    rickithebear,

He has a big wall and a truck load of spaghetti

55. Soup Fascist says:

OF17:
    Soup Fascist,

David Rundblad maybe? Davidson would cover a lot of his shortcomings.

That is a name I never thought of. Doesn’t scream offensive d-man to me – but maybe. Still UFA. Could be brought in on a PTO. Stauffer seemed to stress “short term” which is why I was thinking older veteran guy but a 25 year old on a one year contract would be short term too. Rundblad has some baggage in that he has bounced around and the little I saw him, he was “turnstile-ish” on D, but – who knows??

Three Swedes on D? What the hell? Davidsson makes four. Nürse – sure that looks legit – makes it five. Can we put the Tre Kronor on as shoulder patches?

56. Bruce McCurdy says:

Mark Bowie ‏@bowiepuck 7m7 minutes ago

57. rickithebear says:

LadiesloveSmid:
    rickithebear,

Just forwards with alot of assists are not direct line forwards with alot of goals.

Bruce McCurdy: Well, he did have that good period mopping up a one-sided round robin game in the Memorial Cup 3 years ago!

KevEN lives again! He is a regular RaspUtin!

59. Ellis says:

Pouzar,

Nuge is way too much for Wideman.

Cody Franson sucks!