DOES THIS TRAIN RUN THROUGH BAKERSFIELD?

I love the fall, with the turning leaves (and lately, the falling leaves). When I was young, and lived in the lower mainland, fall would stretch out from September through October and deep into Novemeber—sometimes beyond, depending on where we were living. I remember days like this one (cold, rain) fondly, as I would stand in my slicker and gum boots—just inside my Dad’s carport—and get chilled to the bones, watching the rain. I missed that feeling, caught it today and a rush of old memories flooded back to me. A good day.

PROSPECTS ARE WAIVING!

The Edmonton Oilers waived David Musil today, one of the decisions of training camp perhaps easier than many believed. I ranked him No. 30 on my summer list, feeling speed was going to be his issue. Cult of Hockey held out more hope, and they may well be right—today’s move is a transaction, not an ending—and it will be interesting to see if there is any interest via waiver pickup or trade.

Taylor Beck was also waived, suspect he finds a spot in the Bakersfield lineup and he could get a recall at some point this season.

PROSPECTS ARE MOVING!

The Oilers also assigned Jujhar Khaira, Mitch Moroz, Eetu Laurikainen and Joey Laleggia to the Bakersfield Condors, as the AHL training camp prepares to rev up over the next few days. I think both Khaira and Moroz showed well, and Laleggia sure can skate well—he is pretty small to play defense, though.

THE DISTANT BELLS

distant-bells-oct-1

• The winner of the coveted (this is a lie) Lowetide ‘Last Distant Bell’ Award is Dillon Simpson, who outlasts the entire group of long shots this fall.
  • Andrew Ference remains, but only for LTIR purposes.
  • Tyler Benson remains, but his injury put him in no man’s land for this training camp.
  • I think Kyle Platzer, Mitch Moroz, Caleb Jones, Markus Niemelainen, Nick Ellis, Dillon Simpson, Ben Betker and Ethan Bear showed pretty well this fall.

THE UNCERTAIN OILERS

uncertain-oilers-oct-1

• The first cuts from the uncertain group came today, the only surprise being Khaira (I think he has posted a strong TC overall, last night’s PK aside). Suspect we will see him again this season.
  • Musil has to clear waivers, and maybe another team sees him as an option. If not, it is back to the AHL—a level of hockey he is perhaps overqualified for at this point in time.
  • Taylor Beck had a good-to-great training camp, but the jobs he might be applying for appear to have been grabbed by more qualified (and or promising) applicants.
  • There are now three centermen applying for two jobs.
  • The defensive depth chart is now officially interesting. Each of the men still alive in this camp could easily play 20 or more NHL games this season, depending on injury.

THE CERTAIN OILERS

certain-oilers-sep-23

• The strong showing by Drake Caggiula may mean Leon is moved to RW at times (I suspect this would mostly be in-game decisions—meaning Leon would also play C) and crowds the right side even more.
  • Two injury worries early in camp—Maroon, Klefbom—highlight how little depth Edmonton has at this point in time. The rebuild continues, but these draft picks have to turn out. People have long forgotten the 2007 draft, but those misses fed the misery of 2010-16.
  • David Musil being waived today is the big story, but the 2011 draft gifted this team Nuge and Klefbom—and could have delivered Tobias Rieder.

52 Responses to "DOES THIS TRAIN RUN THROUGH BAKERSFIELD?"

1. cabbiesmacker says:

I thought Teddy Peckman’s game had softened a little. This explains it.

2. Ca$h-McMoney! says:

David Musil is not an elite AHL Dman, he is merely pretty good at that level. Most if not all teams have a prospect as good or better at the AHL level. For him to be claimed a team needs to commit to keeping him on the NHL roster.

It is highly unlikely.

I always hoped Christopher From Bjork would make it to the NHL.

4. kinger_OIL says:

– Caggulia as the 3C is just dumb IMO. I get loading up the top-6 from time to time with Drai

– It was clearly the plan all along to gift him that spot.

– Small undrafted college wingers don’t have an extensive history of ending as the 3C in their first year in the NHL. I’ll eat my hat should he last 15 games as the 3C once NHL games roll around (well I hope they will realize the error in their ways. Aww, who am I kidding?!).

– I’d get him as the 4rth line energy guy who moves up in a powerplay and such, but write this down: “He will fail as the 3C with the Oil” Put it another way: he’s no Sam Gagner

– That’s just bad procurement by the Oil. It just won’t work. Dumb, don’t get it.

– But the Oil’s gonna to make it happen: here’s the headline in the Sun: “If Oilers prospect Drake Caggiula continues to impress, could free up Leon Draisaitl to play wing” : hmmm, I wonder…..

– We had a sexy college guy once that was promised big minutes, what’s his name?

Ca$h-McMoney!:
    David Musil is not an elite AHL Dman, he is merely pretty good at that level. Most if not all teams have a prospect as good or better at the AHL level.For him to be claimed a team needs to commit to keeping him on the NHL roster.

It is highly unlikely.

Agreed. The fact Edmonton did it this early is a tell.

Oilers now at 36, 35 really with Ference on LTIR.

7. Pescador says:

Hey Lowetide,
    I wanted to re-post this, in case you missed it.
    Lowetide: I have mentioned Nail with McDavid many times, including here (in July)
    and here (in August)
    I know, who do you think I stoll my idea from?
    Sorry I guess I should have specified, I am a regular listener of your fine show & a daily reader.
    In other words; a fan
    Does anyone have any Chapstick?
    Ass kissing dries out the lips.😀

Pescador:
    Hey Lowetide,
    I wanted to re-post this, in case you missed it.
    and here (in August)
    I know, who do you think I stoll my idea from?
    In other words; a fan
    Does anyone have any Chapstick?
    Ass kissing dries out the lips.😀

haha. No worries. 🙂 Pescador is a great nick btw, I was one as a kid.

9. Pescador says:

kinger_OIL:
    – Caggulia as the 3C is just dumb IMO.I get loading up the top-6 from time to time with Drai

– It was clearly the plan all along to gift him that spot.

– Small undrafted college wingers don’t have an extensive history of ending as the 3C in their first year in the NHL.I’ll eat my hat should he last 15 games as the 3C once NHL games roll around (well I hope they will realize the error in their ways.Aww, who am I kidding?!).

– I’d get him as the 4rth line energy guy who moves up in a powerplay and such, but write this down: “He will fail as the 3C with the Oil”Put it another way: he’s no Sam Gagner

– That’s just bad procurement by the Oil.It just won’t work. Dumb, don’t get it.

Justin Shultz; Stanley Cup Champion

I’m not sure I agree that Caggulia was always the plan for 3C,
    I actually believe they shit the bed by not finding a cost effective Vet for that roll in the summer. We had the cap space & the draft picks.
    But I also believe signing the player out of college was good procurement. Like what I have seen so far, I thought he would be further away then he appears.

10. Pescador says:

haha, thx Lowetide

11. leadfarmer says:

Hope Musil finds some skates with afterburners

He unfortunately did not meet my 3 step criteria on day one and really hard to make it without all 3 of them. It does actually work fairly well.

1. Can he defend. Doesnt matter if you are physical or have a good stick. Thunderous body checks is not a must.
    2. Can he pass
    3. Can he skate.

Just those 3 things. Go ahead try them out.

Musil: Can defend, can pass ok, cant skate.
    Sekera: Can Defend, can pass, can skate
    Reinhart: Can defend, can pass, can’t skate
    Nurse: Cant defend, can pass but he’d rather skate, can skate like the wind
    Davidson: Can pass, can defend, can skate
    Oesterle: Can pass, can skate, cant defend
    Klefbom. All 3 plus eyeglow/60
    Fayne: Can defend, fair pass, borderline skate
    Larsson: Can do all 3. Unfortunately the price paid will bury him in Edmonton

So you could see how ecstatic I was to finally see guys like Bear and Jones drafted by this team. In fact most of the defenseman drafted in the Chia era check these three boxes. Sure this is a simple method and other things are nice like offense but this really does cover a good chunk of defensemen

12. Pescador says:

leadfarmer,

I have a similar criteria for my women.
    1. Cooking
    2. Cleaning
    3. Cutting the grass.
    I should put my wife on waivers

13. pells says:

I only watched the game against Vancouver but damn Caggulia looked good. To me even if he didn’t score that game he would still have had a hell of a game. His speed, skill, tenacity coupled with his smaller size made me dream of Marchant or Gallagher. I see a big difference from the last highly touted college free agent and that is a fearless, competitive, high octane motor. I know it is just a small window in preseason but we really need this guy to be a difference maker. When was the last time we had a player come from left field and make an impact (ie late draft pick or college free agent). Every other team in the league has 1,2 or 3 of them

14. Ryan says:

leadfarmer:
    Hope Musil finds some skates with afterburners

He unfortunately did not meet my 3 step criteria on day one and really hard to make it without all 3 of them.It does actually work fairly well.

1.Can he defend.Doesnt matter if you are physical or have a good stick.Thunderous body checks is not a must.
    2.Can he pass
    3.Can he skate.

Just those 3 things.Go ahead try them out.

Musil:Can defend, can pass ok, cant skate.
    Sekera:Can Defend, can pass, can skate
    Reinhart:Can defend, can pass, can’t skate
    Nurse:Cant defend, can pass but he’d rather skate, can skate like the wind
    Davidson:Can pass, can defend, can skate
    Oesterle:Can pass, can skate, cant defend
    Klefbom.All 3 plus eyeglow/60
    Fayne:Can defend, fair pass, borderline skate
    Larsson:Can do all 3.Unfortunately the price paid will bury him in Edmonton

So you could see how ecstatic I was to finally see guys like Bear and Jones drafted by this team.In fact most of the defenseman drafted in the Chia era check these three boxes.Sure this is a simple method and other things are nice like offense but this really does cover a good chunk of defensemen

Not a bad start, but some nuance is missing from that paradigm.

I.e, ‘can pass’ is a very wide spectrum ranging from a ‘Reinhart can make a short d to d or d to forward pass in your zone’ on one end to a victor Hedman, ‘can make a tape to tape pass from behind the goal line to a forward at full speed at the opposing blue line.’

What about the cliched, “shoot the pill?” Davidson leads that ranking followed by Klefbomb then the shin pad assassin. After that, not so much…

Ultimately, there’s the old Calories in/out equation. Oesterle doesn’t produce anywhere near enough offense to compensate for his inability to defend. Reinhart and a Musil don’t produce much offense at all. They also don’t defend anywhere approaching an elite level.

15. kinger_OIL says:

leadfarmer,

– I like this 3-question evaluation! It really amazes me that a guy like Musil (not to pick on him, there are countless examples), wouldn’t be able to figure out how to skate to the required level.

– Of your three questions, skating is the one that is most easily “acquired”, just by following a programme. You just do lots of power skating, get feedback, expert training, leg strength and flexibility training, work like heck on it. One can control the variables, and improve.

– Passing and defending though, are more about being able to make the right choice in a split second. There are lots of variables you can’t control. Sure you can improve these a lot through repitition and experience, the 10,000 hours if you will, but these are more the “talent” parts of your 3-part equation.

– You can’t make 10,000 “passes” in the off-season and be a better passer. You can’t practice “defending” in the off-season. But you sure can do stuff to be a better skater.

– Skating’s the one thing any aspiring hockey player can be guarenteed to achieve “NHL-level”, through hard work, and lock down 1 of your 3 criterias

One thing that would be interesting to discuss: How much the speed of the game has increased even since Musil’s draft day.

17. pocession charge says:

kinger_OIL:
    leadfarmer,

– I like this 3-question evaluation!It really amazes me that a guy like Musil (not to pick on him, there are countless examples), wouldn’t be able to figure out how to skate to the required level.

– Of your three questions, skating is the one that is most easily “acquired”, just by following a programme. You just do lots of power skating, get feedback, expert training, leg strength and flexibility training, work like heck on it.One can control the variables, and improve.

– Passing and defending though, are more about being able to make the right choice in a split second.There are lots of variables you can’t control.Sure you can improve these a lot through repitition and experience, the 10,000 hours if you will, but these are more the “talent” parts of your 3-part equation.

– You can’t make 10,000 “passes” in the off-season and be a better passer.You can’t practice “defending” in the off-season.But you sure can do stuff to be a better skater.

– Skating’s the one thing any aspiring hockey player can be guarenteed to achieve “NHL-level”,through hard work, and lock down 1 of your 3 criterias

Explosive athletic ability (skating, sprinting) is largely determined by anatomy. Some people have more fast twitch muscle fiber, better tendon insertions, etc. Musil can work on his skating all he wants. He’s never going to be mobile or fast.

pocession charge: Explosive athletic ability (skating, sprinting) is largely determined by anatomy.Some people have more fast twitch muscle fiber, better tendon insertions, etc.Musil can work on his skating all he wants.He’s never going to be mobile or fast.

19. Zelepukin says:

This is definitely important. Even if you’re not the fastest skater on defense you still need to play the game a lot faster than you had to 5 years ago. The tempo has increased dramatically as an average. Gone are the days where your bottom 6 could get away with being obviously slower. Now all young players coming up have a higher top speed and acceleration.

Unfortunately Edmonton got caught in picking up D-men who were stuck in that transition of skill sets. Guys like Ference, Fayne, Belov, Nikitin, either don’t have the footspeed or mental speed or both *cough* Ference *cough*.

20. nelson88 says:

LT.

Just a friendly reminder you need to accept the tix by Tuesday. cheers

21. Ca$h-McMoney! says:

Pescador:
    leadfarmer,

I have a similar criteria for my women.
    1. Cooking
    2. Cleaning
    3. Cutting the grass.
    I should put my wife on waivers

Shut down the thread LT. It’s over. Pescadore wins.

I should put my wife on waivers. Beauty.

22. leadfarmer says:

kinger_OIL,

Unfortunately fast twitch muscle fibers you either have or you don’t. That’s why I think the scouting combine should have 60 yard running dashes. If your not a fast skater but a good runner you can work on your skating. I’m guessing Musil can’t run fast or skate fast

Ryan,

Ryan, I lump handling the puck in with passing so I guess I should change that to taking and making a pass. Aka the anti Schultz

23. kinger_OIL says:

– He might not have a body type/anatomy to be “elite”, but given their level of athletic ability, it’s not genes that prevents drafted prospects from acheiving a base-line “Nhl-speed”.

– Some in the NHL have to work more than others due to anatomy, but there is nothing anatomically that prevents an athlete of Musil’s accomplishments from being mobile enough or fast enough.

nelson88:
    LT.

Just a friendly reminder you need to accept the tix by Tuesday. cheers

Ah, okay. I will print tomorrow and I thank you. Means a lot, my daughter wanted to go to with me the first time at Rogers, and so I passed up a few chances to do it. We will enjoy them thoroughly!

Ca$h-McMoney!: Shut down the thread LT. It’s over. Pescadore wins.

I should put my wife on waivers. Beauty.

Until my wife reads it and puts ME on waivers! 🙂

26. nelson88 says:

Glad to hear it.

I’m taking my 6 year old son to his first game in Edmonton on the 8th.

27. kinger_OIL says:

leadfarmer,

– See above: the fast/slow twitch at the level these guys are at isn’t the issue.

– There are lots of guys who have “NFL” speed in combines. That’s becasue they can work on that.

– Musil isn’t some 7 foot giant: he’s in the range. He can physically get “fast enough”.

28. Pescador says:

Not to mention the Oilers draft philosophy seemed to be forever behind the curve.
    KLowe, “how much can he bench?”
    Development Philosophy: draft season plus 2,
    phone call in the summer to JF Jacques, “how much can you bench now?”

29. OF17 says:

kinger_OIL,

Muscle and body composition does have a lot to do with it. I was a competitive swimmer for many years, and people generally fell into one of three distance categories that they performed their best at: sprints, medium-distance, and distance. For freestyle, the races that fit the categories are the 50, the 200, and the 500+. The best swimmers on our team would do well at two or even three of the categories, but no matter how much sprint work distance swimmers would do, they wouldn’t be as good at it as their equally-skilled sprinter counterparts, and vice versa. We all did the same trainings too, so that wasn’t the issue. Musil would fall into the distance swimmer category. Very fit, but those quick movements just aren’t his forte and never will be.

That’s also why Michael Phelps was so damn impressive. To be able to win at so many distances and strokes is unheard of, and even then, you didn’t see him winning the 50 or the mile.

30. Water Fire says:

The game has gotten faster in this era as competition ramps up between teams has squeezed out the hockey optionals.

The Oilers once changed the league with speed and skill, and not 10 yeas later came the dead puck era.

Really playing well is what matters most, assuming you have NHL level skills. I like the young guys too, but cannot lose any more tears over players, especially wealthy kids of former NHL’ers that don’t put the work in.

The skill set, which has always been the same (nothing new under the sun) is brains, skill, physical ability.

Every high end NHL player is a physically developed athlete now. Weak and low on cardio will not win the day. Low on agro never won the day.

You can almost call a prospect by off season work if they aren’t world class players such as Connor etc.

And even elite skill doesn’t excuse the other things now.

At the end of the day the league’s decisions determine the rudder. Same as it ever was.

31. Ryan says:

leadfarmer:
    kinger_OIL,

Unfortunately fast twitch muscle fibers you either have or you don’t.That’s why I think the scouting combine should have 60 yard running dashes.If your not a fast skater but a good runner you can work on your skating.I’m guessing Musil can’t run fast or skate fast

Ryan,

Ryan, I lump handling the puck in with passing so I guess I should change that to taking and making a pass.Aka the anti Schultz

I played defense growing up stopping after Bantaam AAA.

I was for those leagues an elite skater and defender. I could also make as good of breakout pass as anyone in that league.

Sounds like I’m either blowing smoke up my own ass or that I was a very good hockey player, right?

Well, neither actually…

I was the first guy over the boards to kill a penalty and the last guy over the boards to see the ice during a powerplay.

I had less than zilch for offensive instincts, below average puck handling skills, and a muffin of a shot to boot.

My point being that some of these things do matter for dmen.

32. leadfarmer says:

Ryan,

I’m not saying it’s 100%. There’s going to be cases like yours that are different. But it’s an easy 3 things to look at when looking at defensemen. I have a full time job and then some. I don’t have time to fully evaluate every defensemen and defensive prospect (even if I did that task is impossible for one guy) so it’s a very simple tool that is actually pretty effective. Pick a random team and try it out. I’m open to suggestions if anyone has additions or subtractions, I live in Wisconsin so I don’t have access to sitting down with hockey minds to discuss things over lunch about these things.

33. kinger_OIL says:

OF17,

– yeah we are arguing different things. Michael phelps is a genetic freak and all-time elite.

– there are thousands of hockey players that have “nhl speed”. Meeting the speed required to be in the range of the 800 or so nhl players is hard yes but there all types of bodies and sizes that make up the 800 players all who have enough speed.

– anyway I suppose we will never know if it’s musil’s genetics or work ethic that prevents him from being fast enough.

34. SkatinginSand says:

kinger_OIL,

Years ago, my Golden Bear hockey friends all had muscle biopsies done (from their quads) for a study on fast/slow twitch muscle fibre. The results of the study, they had a hugely significant higher percentage of fast twitch fibre. Genetic.

Olympic sprinters often train significantly less and their training is less technical than the other athletics competitors. Their abilities are genetic. Look at Andre Degrasse, terrible technique (the Andre arm), can’t get out of the blocks, but faster than all but a genetic freak and a doper. Heptathletes and decathletes spend very little time specifically training for the sprints because it does not significantly improve their results.

Sorry, your hypothesis does not stand up to reasoned scrutiny. Quickness is mostly a genetic gift that most of us don’t have.

35. pocession charge says:

kinger_OIL: – He might not have a body type/anatomy to be “elite”, but given their level of athletic ability,it’s not genes that prevents drafted prospects from acheiving a base-line “Nhl speed”.

Actually, that’s precisely the reason why. Genetics are amazing; they determine our potential to do anything. Musil has been very vocal about the power skating and footwork practice that he has done in his offseasons. If he could ‘get faster’, it would have happened already.

36. leadfarmer says:

Ryan,

Also I guess I don’t know your age or situation but sometime about 5 years ago the game changed especially for defensemen. Everyone was looking for the next big mean defensemen. Now those guys have taken a big step back, and many cant find work other than bottom pairings or journeyman.

37. leadfarmer says:

Unfortunately A good chunk of your speed is based on genetic predisposition. Usain bolt could sit on his ass and drink beer for the next 5 years and he could still run circles around me

38. fifthcartel says:

My not very hot take is Matt Benning plays more NHL games than Musil and Reinhart.

39. Gordies Elbow says:

fifthcartel,

Musil, probably.

Reinhart, likely not, for two reasons. First, generally speaking, higher picks get more chances.

Second, the underlying numbers for GR indicate that there is something there (see WG’s excellent posts earlier today.)

He needs to be more aggressive, play tighter to the opposition (in their uniform, as McLellan says,) but he’ll get a fair bit of rope.

GR’s not agressive enough to play in the NHL right now, and Nurse is too aggressive. Hopefully both find their game, and soon.

40. kinger_OIL says:

SkatinginSand:
    kinger_OIL,

Years ago, my Golden Bear hockey friends all had muscle biopsies done (from their quads) for a study on fast/slow twitch muscle fibre.The results of the study, they had a hugely significant higher percentage of fast twitch fibre.Genetic.

Olympic sprinters often train significantly less and their training is less technical than the other athletics competitors. Their abilities are genetic.Look at Andre Degrasse, terrible technique (the Andre arm), can’t get out of the blocks, but faster than all but a genetic freak and a doper. Heptathletes and decathletes spend very little time specifically training for the sprints because it does not significantly improve their results.

– OK! But I think your comments are exactly what I am saying, we are just coming to different conclusions:

– Your buddies at Golden Bear were all tested, and they all had high fast twitch fibre

– Olympic sprinters: the 8 in the 100m final: they would have a lot more fast twitch than the Golden Bear hockey players (or the other 5,000 kids playing hockey at their level).

– Musil doesn’t have to be Olympian, but he’s surely in the range of the Golden Bear guys.

– Anyway, I think given a minimum amount of genetic ability, you can to a great degree teach and train and get enough speed. But Lead’s passing and defending questions, I’d say those are things that are more “genetic”. You can work on them, and you can gain experience, but you either have it or you don’t.

– Usain Bolt’s speed is not relevant to Musil’s hockey speed. Musil doesn’t have to be the fastest man on the planet to make the NHL. He just has to be in the say top-2000 speed for professional hockey skaters, and answer in the affirmative for passing and defending (or at least 2 of 3)

– Anyway, I wish I hadn’t started down this path. None of us even knows what Musil’s “speed” is. There are no combine results released. He might actually be fast enough, but doesn’t defend well enough or pass well enough, and by being a bad defender, we project that he is slow.

– Not to mention that most of the time, D’s are skating backwards. He’s not passing baton’s on the 3rd leg of a relay.

41. jm363561 says:

With all the hot vibe about the Drake’s pre season performances I keep thinking back to another small winger who blew everyone away and was offered a three year contract which the NHL, obviously thinking the Oilers fans had suffered too much already, kindly voided. V Tkachev anyone? For large wingers that looked fantastic pre season, am thinking J Joensuu.

Current thinking on Hunter’s death march. 70 points. A very poor preseason so far – not so much the results, the goaltending, special teams, lack of depth. Ho hum.

42. Bling says:

There are a few guys in recent Oiler past that have improved their skating to the point it became a real strength.

Ethan Moreau comes immediately to mind. Horcoff was another guy who worked really, really hard on his skating, though he was never poor to begin with.

43. kinger_OIL says:

– One final thought, using a football analogy. Julian Edlemen, he’s not as fast as say Odell Beckham. Julian runs a 4.52 40. Beckham is a lot faster @ 4.43. But Julian is “fast enough” to be a WR in the NFL, and I bet he worked hard to get that speed. That’s a big gap, but they both have NFL speed.

– If indeed the reason Musil can’t make the NHL is because he’s not fast enough (which we don’t even know if that’s true), I can’t see how you blame that on a gentic limitation. He doesn’t have to be as fast as Mike Gartner for instance, but faster than say Andrew Ference.

44. Bling says:

I think Letestu will be one of the extra forwards. Drake can break camp as the 4C, play special teams, and slot in as the 3C when Drai plays 2nd line RW. Call it the Horcoff treatment.

Versteeg is now a lock because of the PK problems.

Hendricks/Versteeg/Pouliot/Drake/Drai should all be able to kill penalties.

45. Ice Sage says:

Pescador:
    leadfarmer,

I have a similar criteria for my women.
    1. Cooking
    2. Cleaning
    3. Cutting the grass.
    I should put my wife on waivers

That’s gold, fishman, pure gold!
    In my organization, the missus avoids waivers via one more criterion 😉

46. Pescador says:

Ice Sage: That’s gold, fishman, pure gold!
    In my organization, the missus avoids waivers via one more criterion

Haha thanks brother, she’s a great girl, she just has shitty taste in men.
    I think Pescador is a fisherman, as I understand it.

47. Bruce McCurdy says:

Agree with this. Nobody worked harder on his skating than Zack Stortini (also waived today) but he was all slow twitch fibres. Heart of a lion, work ethic of a plough horse, but skated more like the latter.

48. BONE207 says:

I suppose that one could look back to the Hall draft year. He may have come in as one of the fastest players in the league. Would you say that now? There are a lot of fast kids (Team NA) so if anything, there’s a lot more high flying players. Politicians say math is hard. Play defence these days…

Would like to see some numbers though, cause this group has shown the eye test is flawed.

49. Oilspill says:

Fast twitch white muscle fiber is only a small part of skating. Length af stride, recovery time and red myscle fibre is also required for power . ‘Also continuation of joint movement and glexability are critical for smooth powerful stride..arm abs hips quads calves.
    Genetics determines the amount of each type of fibre.

50. BONE207 says:

Oilspill:

Don’t forget those jet skates.

51. rickithebear says:

Pescador:
    leadfarmer,

I have a similar criteria for my women.
    1. Cooking
    2. Cleaning
    3. Cutting the grass.
    I should put my wife on waivers

Silly man.

determine #4

Does she likes French politicians famiy unit?

Answer is no!

then you can waive her.

It has transaction cost!

starting with federal child support tables.

52. rickithebear says:

Lead Farmer:

you describe my criteria for last 8 years.

the pass is offence.

real good system offence.

get puck from below average offensive producer to great offensive producers without sacrificing the defence of the nation (HSCA)