A CONDO OF CONDORS

This is a fascinating season (for some of us) in Bakersfield, as a condo of Condors are going to reach the conclusion of their entry-level deals. Who is leaving? I think there are ways to tell, including callups, ice time and opportunities within the roster. Here is a quick look at the RFA group for Bakersfield.

THE SURE RETURNS

• LC Jujhar Khaira. He is the best prospect in Bakersfield and might be in the NHL if not for injury. I would think his next contract has been earned already and he could be part of the opening night lineup in Edmonton 2017-18. Currently 4gp, 4-3-7 in Bakersfield. He could be in the spot Lander occupies currently, or the team may look at him as an inexpensive center option.

PENDING

• LD Griffin Reinhart. A back issue has him on the sidelines and complicates an already frustrating season for the young defender. He is 4gp, 0-0-0 this year. The thing Peter Chiarelli is going to have to figure out: Is there a place for GR on a team that already boasts LD Oscar Klefbom, Andrej Sekera, Darnell Nurse and Brandon Davidson? I haven’t talked to any observer who ranks him ahead of these players.
  • LD Dillon Simpson. Currently on recall to the NHL team (and that is a real tell), Simpson got the opportunity due to injury. He is 7gp, 1-0-1 in the AHL and has not yet appeared in an NHL game. He is a reliable defender, may have a future on an NHL third pairing if he continues to develop.

DRIFTING

• LD Jordan Oesterle. The primary tell this season was his early demotion from NHL training camp. He is 6gp, 1-1-2 and may have been the recall over Dillon Simpson if healthy. I thought the arrows were good on him but that early checkout from camp has to be a bothersome thing.
  • L Mitchell Moroz. He is at 8gp, 1-2-3 so far this year and that represents a high water mark so far in his AHL career. The positive is that he is getting a regular shift and seems to be doing some things offensively. Both represent progress, and he is exactly Peter Chiarelli’s player type. I keep going back to his effective checking as an Oil King, but he needs to impact the pro game more offensively.
  • LC Jere Sallinen. Too soon to tell, but not a lot of impact.

AUTUMN COMING EARLY

• LD Joey Laleggia. I thought the skill D would get a push this season on the power play (the Brad Hunt role) and that counted double when Jordan Oesterle was hurt. He is 8gp, 0-2-2 (with one PP assist this season) and has been quiet—aside from his 24 shots on goal. Laleggia is probably too shy offensively to be a legit option as an NHL offensive defender.
  • LD David Musil. He is no longer on an entry-level deal and is in a spot that Tyler Pitlick found himself in at the same point in his career. I think Musil has fulfilled his promise as a defenseman, the problem is Edmonton has options they like better. I have mentioned this in the past, but do wonder if he would be better off in another organization.
  • G Eetu Laurikainen. Added to the 50-man just as Peter Chiarelli took over, I am uncertain he was ever under consideration as a solution. Currently in Norfolk.
  • C Zachary Porchiro.

Each of these AHL games this season are very important for these players, as the club could walk them at the end of this season. I think Peter Chiarelli’s aggressive stance in the last two summers suggests I may be too conservative in my rankings—we could see all but Khaira and say Simpson gone by this time next season. Remember, Caleb Jones, Ethan Bear and Ziyat Paigin could be in Bakersfield next season with Ben Betker. Griffin Reinhart may be in some trouble with this organization if this season goes south. The turnover may continue unabated.

65 Responses to "A CONDO OF CONDORS"

1. JDï™ says:

C Zachary Porchiro.

We regret to announce the following layoffs:

Porchiro, Zachary

That is all.

2. MrEd says:

Still so LD heavy.
    Klef, Sek, Nurse. The expansion draft will help Chia decide between Grif and Davidson. After that Musil vs. Simpson.

Looks like Moroz vs. JJ as laid out.

3. Oil2Oilers says:

Wow the cupboard is bare.

No help coming from the Condors anytime soon. A defender from Jr or over sea’s might improve things next year. Forwards with promise above 4th line plugger = Benson and mud for years to come.

That Reinhart trade looked bad at the time, it looks worse now. I didn’t help immediately and has set the forward depth in the system back years. Is he worth even a 3d round pick now?

Maybe we sign Yakupov back as a cheap free agent for some right wing depth while we wait for 2017 & 18 first round draft picks to become NHL ready.

4. JDï™ says:

Just a reminder to not celebrate too hard after the Rangers’ victory tonight – Dave Chappelle is hosting SNL.

5. --hudson-- says:

Any chance Oesterle was demoted early to lower the chance of another team claiming him?

6. dessert1111 says:

–hudson–:

He didn’t have to clear waivers so no

7. dessert1111 says:

I think the top 4 on this list will return (or traded). Others have a shot of they have a hell of a season, obviously.

8. Todd Macallan says:

JDï™,

Also can’t wait for the musical guest. What a post-election show that will be

9. MrEd says:

MrEd,

At some point these men need to realize that they can do better then what they make in the AHL because they don’t play hockey.
    CIS/College players are something.

10. SkatinginSand says:

In the previous thread I stated that Eberle did not skate at all on the backcheck on the winning goal and on review, I was wrong and I apologise.

revision-On the backcheck, Eberle’s skating was the equivalent of doing the elementary backstroke in a freestyle swimming race.

11. JimmyV1965 says:

This is completely off topic, but I just read the post-game thread at Oilers Nation and I was completely flabbergasted by the volume of angry and vile comments directed at Eberle. He’s a flawed player of course, just like virtually every player in this league, but he’s our best goal scorer and important part of this team. I guess this is why I enjoy this site so much. The discussion is so much more level headed. It’s one thing to critique someone’s performance, but to call a professional athlete lazy is almost obscene and so grossly misinformed. The dedication and commitment needed to even get a cup of coffee at this level is mind boggling.

JimmyV1965:
    This is completely off topic, but I just read the post-game thread at Oilers Nation and I was completely flabbergasted by the volume of angry and vile comments directed at Eberle.He’s a flawed player of course, just like virtually every player in this league, but he’s our best goal scorer and important part of this team.I guess this is why I enjoy this site so much. The discussion is so much more level headed. It’s one thing to critique someone’s performance, but to call a professional athlete lazy is almost obscene and so grossly misinformed. The dedication and commitment needed to even get a cup of coffee at this level is mind boggling.

William Lagesson has an assist tonight.

Tyler Vesel with an assist.

15. MrEd says:

JimmyV1965,

Jordan Eberle is in Canadian Icon. He did that as a kid.
    The press for this player is for him to not rest regardless of the bank.
    is Sam G someone we can look at?

16. Pescador says:

JDï™:
    C Zachary Porchiro.

We regret to announce the following layoffs:

Porchiro, Zachary

That is all.

MrEd:
    JimmyV1965,

Jordan Eberle is in Canadian Icon.He did that as a kid.
    The press for this player is for him to not rest regardless of the bank.
    is Sam G someone we can look at?

Jordan Eberle per 82gp: 28-36-64
    Sam Gagner per 82gp: 17-30-47

18. frjohnk says:

I wrote this last night

On the 3rd Dallas goal

EBERLE is at fault.

But Maroon owns it as well.

It was a 2 on 2, a pretty easy zone entry for the Dallas forwards as there was a pretty large gap between the Stars forwards and Larsson- Klefbom.

At the 1 second mark of the video, you will notice EBERLE, Roussel and Maroon at the top left.
    Maroon is the first Oiler forward back in the zone.

The pass to Seguin just inside the line was off the mark as Seguin had looked to one time it. So he had to skate over to the side boards. This created the seam for the pass from Seguin to Rousell, as Larsson and the other Star forward on the ice went to the net and Klefbom went to Seguin.

At exactly the 3 second mark of the video, you can see Maroon should be heading toward the net and picking up the trailing forward. He is the first man back, thats his job.

At this point EBERLE realizes he has to get Rousell as Maroon is not going to the net but remains in no mans land, but EBERLE is on the wrong side of Rousell and has no chance to get him.

I think what happened is that Maroon assumed that EBERLE would cover Roussell
    and EBERLE assumed Maroon would be in position to cover Rousell in the high danger area.

Both assumed wrong.

After watching McLellan’s press conference, there was definitely a break down in communication between the two players. He wasnt happy with both.

19. MrEd says:

MrEd,

He has 6.

20. Lucinius says:

Lowetide: Jordan Eberle per 82gp: 28-36-64
    Sam Gagner per 82gp: 17-30-47

Obviously we sent away the wrong player and it wasn’t Taylor Hall!

No, I’m not serious, but small sample sizes are fun for a reason.

That said.. Eberle is under-performing, especially considering who his centre is.. and it should be a point of serious concern. He needs to produce more, especially at even strength, and he isn’t (thus far). Given his defensive issues this becomes even more of an issue; if he can’t increase his scoring rates over what they’ve been in the past (and right now he’s on pace for 27 goals compared to his career best of 34) with Connor McDavid as his centre.. the Oilers do have legitimate cause for worry.

Lucinius: Gagner has now scored more goals (6) this year than Eberle (5) or Hall (5) — and in fewer games (12, 15, 14 respectively).

Obviously we sent away the wrong player and it wasn’t Taylor Hall!

No, I’m not serious, but small sample sizes are fun for a reason.

22. MrEd says:

Huge fan of both of them.

23. JimmyV1965 says:

Lowetide: I am thinking of bringing out the old ‘What you think about Jordan Eberle says more about you than it does about Jordan Eberle’ line, but want to make sure Shawn Horcoff doesn’t need it anymore.

Of course Horcoff should have refused $6 million a year. Isn’t that what everyone would do? I’m not sure what bugs me the most – the stupidity of it, the anger some people harbour over a dumb game, or the herd mentality.

You know what I love? The utter excitement and thrill of a playoff run like the Jays had. Sure, sometimes you get angry briefly when someone scews up, but you get over it and just enjoy the moment. I wish all Oiler fans can enjoy those same feelings I had this season with the Jays.

24. frjohnk says:

Lowetide: Far too early to dump on Eberle

Some people just dont like being late 🙂

25. Lucinius says:

Lowetide: Far too early to dump on Eberle for his offense this season, especially since he is on course for 27-38-65. If you expect more of Eberle, then you are being unreasonable. Seriously.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect Eberle to match his previous best year with Connor McDavid as his centre. I really don’t; I think it would be unreasonable to expect him to improve on his career best and improve his defensive play.

As it stands he is doing neither; he’s on pace for 10 fewer points (in 4 more games played) and continuing to be more than a minor liability when the Oilers do not have the puck.

I’m not saying “trade the bum!” or anything close to that; Eberle is a very important part of this team — especially with Hall gone. I’m merely saying that the Oilers, if they want to become a playoff team (this year or in the future) need players like Eberle to step up and actually improve on numbers from prior seasons, or match them and improve their play without the puck.

I’m not certain Eberle can. I think we have a decent read on what kind of player Eberle is; I don’t think he’s ever going to be the player with offensive skill who can play without the puck; it just isn’t who he is — and that’s fine. There’s plenty of room in the NHL for elite goal scorers who are sub-par defensively.

But to continue to gift Eberle top line minutes with one of the best players in the world when he is not performing as well as he should is pure folly and is part of what got the Oilers where there were in seasons past; too much carrot, not enough stick with certain players.

Lucinius:

As it stands he is doing neither;

27. SayItAin'tSo, Gretz, SayItAin'tSo! says:

LT I don’t know how you do it. You have the patience of a saint on some of these issues.

For a blog that loves to chastise the MSM for running players out of town I just can’t get over the Eberle hate here. The guy is on pace for 65 and a select group here still mourns the loss of Yak instead of keeping Eberle. Insanity comes in all shapes and sizes but this is one Hill I don’t understand the choice to die on.

Lucinius,

Ya gifted minutes, because it’s a gift to have to play the top lines of other teams your entire career while management systematically undermines you by acquiring crap (and dealing good) defenseman. Blinders they are amazing I tells ya.

28. Lucinius says:

Lowetide: Well, I cannot convince you and I do hope you find it in your heart to see what Eberle brings, but it sounds like he has crossed over into the Tom Poti zone for you. All the best.

I liked Poti! I was not happy when he got traded.

I hope Eberle can improve his numbers, I really do. I’m a fan of his. I am, however, disappointed in him, and I’ll admit to some bias there; players that I see lacking effort defensively (and Eberle does, imo, and it is frustrating because when he does try he is actually very good at recovering pucks, one of the better Oilers at it, actually) annoy me and make me focus on his every little wart.

Eberle is producing at first line numbers; I don’t question that. On most teams he is solidly a #1 RW. I just expect more from the #1 RW with McDavid.

Unfortunately, the Oilers cannot remove Eberle from McDavid’s line long-term; there simply isn’t a replacement. Pulj isn’t there yet (and may never be at Eberle’s level for scoring ability). What I want to see is the Oilers demote Eberle temporarily. Try and light a fire under him while riding a Pitlick/Maroon’s hot streak (which won’t last, of course). Maybe it backfires (who knows), maybe it works.

But, I’d like to see it, in part because I’m afraid Eberle will get traded if his play continues as is.

His numbers aren’t bad; they mainly stem from one single thing; inconsistency. If he gets a bit more consistent his numbers would improve to where I think they should be.

But yes, I think we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Beck from Laleggia and Simonelli 1-0

Beck from Newbury and Laleggia. 2-0. I may have to move Laleggia up! 🙂

31. Réal Goudenyéu says:

How is Montreal doing what they are doing?

Réal Goudenyéu:
    How is Montreal doing what they are doing?

It is driving me crazy. At least when they had Savard-Robinson-Lapointe I knew.

33. Lucinius says:

SayItAin’tSo, Gretz, SayItAin’tSo!,

Oh, I don’t disagree with management having a long history of under-cutting the players on the ice with horrible, horrible decisions. I could rant for hours on the stupidity and incompetence shown by management in the past. In my list of reasons as to why the Oilers sucked.. guys like Eberle not trying defensively is not at the top. Not even lose.

I do think, however, that why Eberle isn’t always applying full effort defensively boils down to a couple reasons;

1) He isn’t a defensively minded player. Just isn’t. He has moments, but so do other pure goal scorers (like Kane). There is nothing wrong with this in and of itself. It is just part of who the player is, you move on and just account for it when you put lines together and which D are on the ice with those lines.

2) Losing sucked a good deal of life out of him. He was here so long, trying to push the Oilers up the river and suffered for it (similar to Hall). Losing for this many years has to grate on you; has to wear at you. It may simply be that as he gets accustomed to winning again that some of the bad habits picked up from being on a shitty team, run by nitwits, start to fall away. I’m hoping for this.

3) A series of coaches who had no real idea how to coach at the NHL level(Eakins), or couldn’t/wouldn’t punish certain players when they cheated for offense, or bailed on plays. Many a time Eberle (or Hall, or, or…) would muck up and.. seemingly not get punished for it. No benching. No sharp comments after the game (that we heard, at least). Too much carrot (prime minutes, first powerplay unit), not enough stick (benching, demotions, lowering ice time, etc.) for shoddy defensive play, bailing on plays, or bad habits accumulated from shit not mattering when your team is out of the playoff race before the end of November.

#3 is something that can be fixed in the here and now. #2, as I noted, I’m hoping improves as actually winning shines a light on his play and habits and he gets more motivated by seeing a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. #1.. maybe he improves, but you can’t bank on it.

That is a good period for the Condors after getting shut out tonight. Funny about Beck, he is so good at that level. I wonder if expansion helps him.

35. MrEd says:

Eberle is a winner. Full stop.

Does this team have a spot for someone that’s just so pure at the price?
    The man will get his stats. For sure.

I’ll be happy to get off on him when he owns the puck via his place-setting and shot.
    Until then he’s overpriced.

36. MrEd says:

Radulov.

37. MrEd says:

Price and Weber.

Rangers are a different animal. Penguins had three scoring lines, this team might have four. Lordy.

39. Jethro Tull says:

Brian Elliott looking terrible tonight.

40. Zelepukin says:

Yaks a -3 on 7:30min of ice.. Ouch.

Ethan Bear with a goal again tonight, he is now 15, 5-7-12. Caleb Jones has an assist, he is now 19, 1-11-12.

42. Jethro Tull says:

Zelepukin:
    Yaks a -3 on 7:30min of ice.. Ouch.

I’m sure Hitch reads this blog and will put Yak on the top line, as per some posters’ advice.

43. MrEd says:

No fuss. We’re close.

44. JDï™ says:

Here’s something other than stoopid flames to watch:

Audio of Buddy Rich, ripping into his band in Sopranian style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omID1prJHFo well okay, just listen then.

Video of Seinfeld talking about it:

And now the best part, one of his magnificent solos:

45. mit167 says:

On the Eberle hate… unsure of where I heard it but the list of players to score more goals than Eberle in his draft year are:

Stamkos

That is all

46. Zelepukin says:

It feels weird to actually have a bit of depth on D now…

Hopefully Davidson can come in and re-align the ship that is Sekera. He hasn’t been horrible but he has been strangely invisible.

I’m not sure who Russell replaces, as to be honest, I think Nurse-Gryba deserve to play.

Through two periods, Brossoit has stopped 28 of 28. Still 2-0.

48. Zelepukin says:

mit167:

Stamkos

That is all

I don’t think anyone really hates Ebs. We all know what he is capable of. He has money hands and can do some amazing things but we’ve all been able to pinpoint which Ebs shows up to play. Is it the shinny hockey Ebs of 2013 or is it the top winger, clutch Ebs of WJHC lore? He has never not played with the best players in our organisation and during his career the style of play in the league has evolved. The question is, has his play evolved with it?

49. JimmyV1965 says:

Obviously we sent away the wrong player and it wasn’t Taylor Hall!

No, I’m not serious, but small sample sizes are fun for a reason.

Ridiculously small sample size. If Ebs had 1 more goal he would be on pace for 33.

50. JimmyV1965 says:

Rangers 3 goals on 14 shots tonight. I don’t know much, but I do know their scoring is unsustainable. They might thump us 10-0 tomorrow, but watching them play they are not a top seed team. The Pens, Caps and Bolts are infinitely better.

51. HT Joe says:

I like Eberle a lot, and am making no complaints about him. If Eberle’s production is comparable regardless of whether he plays with McDavid or RNH, does that not raise a question? If we moved the right-side wingers around and kick-start RNH’s line with Eberle, couldn’t McDavid theoretically have the ability to kick-start the offence of a different RW?

I’m trying very hard to word this post so that it does not come off as me disrespecting any players… I’m only wondering if there’s a better way to roll out the lines to maximize overall team production.

52. Yak Efron says:

SNL with an interesting opening, related to Leonard Cohen.

Bakersfield allowed two third period goals but won it in OT on a goal from Josh Currie, assist Beck.

Caleb Jones went super nova tonight, 1-3-4. Now posting a 19gp, 2-12-14 line.

Note: OH, and it is in the second period!

55. JimmyV1965 says:

HT Joe:
    I like Eberle a lot, and am making no complaints about him. If Eberle’s production is comparable regardless of whether he plays with McDavid or RNH, does that not raise a question?If we moved the right-side wingers around and kick-start RNH’s line with Eberle, couldn’t McDavid theoretically have the ability to kick-start the offence of a different RW?

This is something that might have to happen. I’ve never seen RNH play so well in his career, yet not much happening with that line. Who knows. If we start losing regularly I’m sure TMac will do something. The comments that bug me about Ebs are things like he’s lazy, he doesn’t give a crap. Or with Hall, stuff like he’s a jerk, he’s bad in the dressing room. We as fans cannot possibly know if this stuff is true so we shouldn’t make comments like that. There’s no question that Ebs does not play physical. But he’s been that way his whole career. Laying down big hits is obviously not in his nature. We aren’t changing that. What also bugs me is pointing to one play and saying player A is lazy or weak. Yet there’s so many plays in a game and the flow is so chaotic it’s not fair. The only time I think you can single out one play is if it’s an unforced error.

56. CrazyCoach says:

Should have read this post first. Posted this on the other article, but I see it has continued here.

I know we discussed this on Twitter to a great extent, and having watched that play about 20 times at various angles, there is no way anyone in their reasonable mind could say Eberle is lazy, entitled, or showed a lack of effort. He was put into a Catch-22 as he was clearly covering for Klef and Maroon, but not wanting to leave the point wide open. If one were to assign blame there, I would say Klef 45%, Maroon 50% and Ebs 5%. Klefbom needs to be agressive on that play as the defensive players outnumber the opposition, and he needed to have a tighter gap there. Maroon as F1 back into his zone is guilty of not swiveling his head, perhaps cheating towards Klefbom’s side, and definitely not looking for the 3rd Dallas player (Roussel). Eberle, as F2 needs to sag down into in the slot, cover the pass to the point and prevent the attack on the slot.

I think where people get carried away is watching Eberle during that shift for the 10 seconds before the goal. He makes a hit on Seguin and separates him from the puck, but does not receive a support person to retrieve the puck, he then needs to read the play and adjust, 77 & 19 get caught in no-mans land, Eberle adjusts in trying to catch Roussel, which is a moot point. Now, guys like me can sit there and analyse the play with the convenience of replay, pause, etc.

What people forget is that the decisions made on ice have to be completed in milliseconds and at a high rate. Hockey is tough in that there really are no set pre-determined paths, except on faceoffs. Guys coming down that midlane can came at various speeds and paths and all of sudden change speed and path in the blink of an eye. That’s what makes teaching/coaching the game tough sometimes. I’ve seen it countless times where I’ve gone over defensive zone coverage and stood in one spot, and guess what happens during drills and games? Players hit that same spot exactly when covering their zone, just like | Showed them. I can’t be too upset about that. Coaching requires patience and repetition. PR

57. Glass says:

Since the RNH line is lacking, I would like to see Eberle on his line. Not as a punishment, but to help drive offense. It’d be nice to see Pitlick with McDavid and Maroon, I think he would compliment that line very well.

58. Stelio Kontos says:

Word, last I checked Hall was on pace for 31 and 63 points. Scored dropped a pair of dimes tonight, which bumps him up to 70pts. This early, pace means nothing. People ragging on Eberle need to step off. It’s the same thing every year. Idiots find one mindless observation, and repeat ad nauseam. Also, I thought you hated Eberle.

59. Dustylegnd says:

MrEd,

There is no decision there, only a mad man keeps Reinhart instead of Davidson …….Davidson can skate and Reinhart is a Clydesdale and no need to worry…… Vegas will not bother taking Reinhart anyways so leave him exposed….easy decision. Chia got sucked into the blackhole of Oiler incompetence and listened to the fools that ran the ship ashore…Bob Green I am looking at you….cut ties with Reinhart just like Yak it will be theraputic… he will never play in the NHL end of discussion.

60. Johnny Larue says:

Rangers looked very impressive tonight so tomorrow will be a big test for the Oilers. I think they are vastly improved over last year. It is hard to see the crap being pinned to Eberle he has been one of the best R/W in the game and in my opinion really has been coming on lately. I don’t get where all the hate comes for Eberle as he has consistently been one of our best players. Finally we have started to turn North and some cannot accept it . Maybe it is time for some to start cheering for the Flames and then really have some shit they can wallow in. A little perspective would be appreciated and to those so bent out of shape about Halls trade that they now are so poisoned maybe they should just start cheering for the Devil’s. You can take the bat mobile to New Jersy.

61. JimmyV1965 says:

CrazyCoach:
    Should have read this post first.Posted this on the other article, but I see it has continued here.

I know we discussed this on Twitter to a great extent, and having watched that play about 20 times at various angles, there is no way anyone in their reasonable mind could say Eberle is lazy, entitled, or showed a lack of effort. He was put into a Catch-22 as he was clearly covering for Klef and Maroon, but not wanting to leave the point wide open. If one were to assign blame there, I would say Klef 45%, Maroon 50% and Ebs 5%.Klefbom needs to be agressive on that play as the defensive players outnumber the opposition, and he needed to have a tighter gap there.Maroon as F1 back into his zone is guilty of not swiveling his head, perhaps cheating towards Klefbom’s side, and definitely not looking for the 3rd Dallas player (Roussel).Eberle, as F2 needs to sag down into in the slot, cover the pass to the point and prevent the attack on the slot.

That’s the thing. Hockey is a fluid, chaotic game. Players make decisions in a split second. It’s hard to blame someone for making the wrong decision. That’s also why young teams are generally worse than older teams. Players with experience tend to make better decisions. Nurse is a great example of this. What worries me is when players make unforced errors. We’ve seen A bit of that with Drai and Lucic recently. But even then drai should start making less mistakes as he gains experience.

62. Bruce Wayne says:

Johnny Larue:

The people who blame Eberle are the same people who think the Hall trade is why the Oilers have a good record this year. That is a problem.

63. blainer says:

I am perplexed to say the least at the complaints here from some posters.

Eberle is not Yak. He will soon start to show that by exceeding LT’s RE. His line usually always wins the corsi and HDSC battles but yet that isn’t good enough.. makes no sense to me.

After 15 games this team leads the pacific division and their road record is tied for 2nd in the league… That is fantastic.. exciting time to be an oilers fan.. finally.

I will absolutely fall off my chair laughing when Ebs scores a hat trick and they win the game 4 to three but misses an assignment on a goal against. What will then get discussed is a possible missed assignment rather than his hat trick. Funny times indeed.

IMO the biggest moves for me for this season were the subtraction of Jultz and Yak. Ebs will be just fine.

64. SayItAin'tSo, Gretz, SayItAin'tSo! says:

Hehe in the last eight days Columbus has put up a ten goal game against the Habs and last night an eight goal game against the Blues. That’s a huge amount of goals against two traditionally stingy teams.