G74 2016-17: OILERS AT AVALANCHE

Sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug. A game that had been built up (some said ‘game of the year’!) beyond its actual importance, the Oilers started well and then threw a shoe. McDavid owned the game early and late, but Cam Talbot couldn’t make a stop and the coverage was dog whistles most of the night. It happens. In a month that has seen some spectacular moments, I think we can move on and allow last night to serve as a reminder that balance and depth are not where they need to be at this time. We’re on to Boulder.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH, YEAR OVER YEAR

• Oilers in February 2016: 3-8-2, goal differential -18
  • Oilers in February 2017: 6-6-0, goal differential -2
  • Oilers in March 2016: 8-8-0, goal differential +5
  • Oilers in March 2017: 5-3-1, goal differential +7
  • Oilers after 73, 2015-16: 28-38-7, goal differential -40
  • Oilers after 73, 2016-17: 39-25-9, goal differential +23
G74 a year ago was a 2-0 win over the Vancouver Canucks, as Edmonton enjoyed the final good stretch of the 2015-16 season. For Edmonton, the difficult parts of this evening’s game will be twofold: The Avalanche are still an NHL team, and their own rest/recovery is going to be difficult.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MARCH

• At home to: Detroit, NY Islanders, Pittsburgh, Montreal (Expected: 2-2-0) (Actual 1-2-1)
  • At home to: Dallas, Boston, Vancouver, Los Angeles (Expected: 3-1-0) (Actual 4-0-0)
  • On the road to: Anaheim, Colorado (Expected: 1-1-0) (Actual: 0-1-0)
  • At home to: Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose (Expected 1-1-1) (Actual: 0-0-0)
  • Overall expected result: 7-5-1, 15 points in 13 games
  • Current results: 5-3-1, 11 points in 9 games

Still no reason so panic, but if you feel a great deal of anxiety, I have always used singing in the shower to punish all living things. Edmonton has two winnable games straight ahead, and if they win both then we can call this month a success based on our own line in the sand.

DEFENSE, LAST NIGHT

• Ducks dominated the second period, coming in waves and getting fantastic looks. You’ll read a lot below, but that fact and McDavid is all you really need to know.
  • Sekera-Russell went 21-11 together, including 10-7 with the Nuge line and 5-1 with McDavid. That’s all this pairing needs to do imo, help the top two lines run at a 15-8 clip every night. Russell picked up a secondary assist but had some wobble defensively, Sekera had a few quality moments with the puck on his stick and carried it well. Went 10-8 against Rakell-Getzlaf-Eaves and 5-2 against Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg.
  • Klefbom-Larsson went went 13-6 in 10:49 together, including 7-5 with Connor McDavid. That’s good. Larsson, who is a very good NHL defender, backed in inexplicably on the Manson goal (giving up the blue line). Went 2-5 against Rakell-Getzlaf-Eaves. Larsson took a penalty for an effective axe chop that had full major impact. He is no fun for the opposition at any time.
  • Nurse-Gryba chased a lot, the Ducks were demons on the forecheck and Gryba got caught by the lot of them at one point or another last night. Went 6-10 in 11:21 together, both men seemed to be too relaxed in making decisions and got overrun by Ducks. Went 4-4 in seven minutes against Ritchie-Vermette-Perry. Nurse had his poorest game of the year by my eye, reflected in the Corsi number above.  Gryba’s pointing to Kassian to identify the goal scorer was cool, but the big defenseman might have considered covering the freaking guy.
  • Cam Talbot had a poor evening (stopped 14 of 18), one of very few nights where he has been a negative. Laurent Brossoit looked good save some rebound control. The rookie stopped all 16 shots he faced and has a .924SP for the season.
  • Numbers via NHL.com, NaturalStatTrick and Hockeystats.ca.

1LINE

• On Connor Mcdavid: It is an extreme pleasure to watch this player perform. Pushing the limits of the speed-skill boundaries and imposing individual will on a team game. Awesome.
  • The line went 2-5-7 and posted eight shots on goal.
  • The line (Corsi) was 14-12 as a trio including 12-7 against the Kesler. Someone mentioned in the comments section that the Ducks broadcast was pleased with this matchup, which tells you just how good 97 is even at this early point in his career. Went 7-3 in five minutes against Bieksa.
  • The 1line isn’t going to be a problem for many years. The other three lines have some work to do.

2LINE

• Line went 13-10 together and had good numbers with Sekera-Russell. If this line could perform well with that pairing, and Benning plays third pair, I like the Oilers chances of getting McDavid in good spots, and that’s the ballgame.
  • Line went 11-8 against Rakell-Getzlaf-Eaves, that’s pretty good. The facts are less complimentary, and Eberle’s being pushed off the puck (and falling) by Getzlaf before the goal by Rikard Rakell was the nadir. It reminded me of many previous nights against the Ducks.

3LINE

• I think the line might be getting stale. I have no idea how Todd McLellan will shake it up but suspect he will if things go as they have recently.
  • Despite the Corsi, they are an adventure in their own zone. It’s like Splash Mountain out there.
  • Went 7-7 (duh) together, including 6-3 against Ritchie-Vermette-Perry, which is good except the Oilers trio finished -1. Played most with Darnell Nurse among defenders, his mobility should help but chaos in the defensive end doesn’t help the young defender.
  • I wonder if we see Caggiula back in the middle soon. Suspect Pouliot is bringing enough to remain in the lineup.

4LINE

• Only the top line and Milan Lucic have more goals this year than the 4C. Huh.
  • Line went 5-7 together and 1-3 against Ritchie-Vermette-Perry. That’s probably a match Randy Carlyle was satisfied with, not sure if Todd McLellan felt it was a good idea (3:37 against each other).
  • The EV time on ice is fascinating for lines 2-4. I understand special teams played a factor, but folks, Desharnais played slightly more than RNH and Letestu (this is all at evens) was only one minute behind.
  • Lines two and three may want to light up the Denver night.

Mr. Eronko is a reliable source and the story he linked has enough detail to make one suspect this has legs. I am happy for Lander, but remain convinced the player has enough talent to play in the NHL. We’ll spend time on this over the spring and summer, but his handling from fall 2011 through this day reflects an organization with very little idea about putting young players in a position to succeed. As we wait to see if young Jesse Puljujarvi will develop as hoped, Lander serves as a sober reminder of the Oilers handling of forward prospects. Godspeed, Anton Lander.

If this young player decides to turn pro, my guess is that the Oilers have a chance on him. Local fellow, he is a righty and has speed/skill. The Oilers’ depth chart isn’t overwhelming and he might get a fast track to the show.

CONNOR MCDAVID

• My RE from July: 72gp, 33-54-87 (1.21) (Source)
  • Actual numbers:   73gp, 26-59-85 (1.16)

He is a consistent impact player, never going more than a few periods without cashing in one way or another. Incredible player, if Talbot had been Talbot, this morning we would be talking about this team’s drive for the Pacific Division crown. Fact is, no goals were scored by other lines last night, and even one would have given the Oilers a point. I think this is a good time to have a look at 97’s stunning player card.

• 5×5 points per 60: 2.70 (2.69 last season) (No. 3 in NHL)
  • 5×4 points per 60: 5.84 (6.68 last season) (No. 33 in NHL)
  • Woodmoney DFF% v. Elite 5×5: 54.3
  • Woodmoney DFF Rel v. Elite 5×5: 7.8
  • Shots on goal/percentage: 216 shots/12.0%
  • Boxcars: 73, 26-59-85

The last five games are almost like someone told this player the playoffs are close but the next run of games were vital. In posting a searing pace, he is both securing a strong playoff spot and cementing his status as the most valuable player in the game. A giant walks among us.

LOWDOWN WITH LOWETIDE

At 10 this morning, TSN1260. Scheduled to appear:

• Bruce McCurdy, Cult of Hockey. Last night’s game, curling worlds, sun moon and stars.
  • Jeff Krushell, Krush Performance. MLB almost ready, a big season for your favorite team?
  • Doug Marshall, CVS Hockey. Scouting young hockey players is a moving target.

10-1260 text, @Lowetide on twitter.

515 Responses to "G74 2016-17: OILERS AT AVALANCHE"

« Older Comments
  1. sliderule says:

Draisaitl with a goal. and assist

He played like horse shit.

Too funny

2. Pescador says:

Younger Oil:
    Nuge and Caggiula can leave any time to be honest.

That’s not very nice

3. unca miltie says:

I think this is in that 25% that you always win no matter how bad you play.i think I am happy. Or did Casey say 33%

4. BeerMe says:

Those faces on the Avs bench, looks like the last 10 years of Oiler teams. Also this freebie offside goal review is the dumbest shit ever

5. russ99 says:

We had no business winning this one whatsoever.

Hope the players learn from it.

6. oilinthepeg says:

LadiesloveSmid:
    Hold on you fools

quoted for awesome!

7. Klima's_Bucket says:

sliderule,

Be easy on him, he’s tired.

8. Gerta Rauss says:

dangilitis:
    If I’m playing armchair coach, and I will, I play broissoit Saturday.

Me too

I would have started LB tonight as well

9. Gret99zky says:

Oi7ers

10. Crazy Pedestrian says:

Well I guess I will eat a big crow… should not doubt a team with McDavid on it…
    Kinda wish I didn’t let my emotions get the better of me and turn the game off…

11. OilClog says:

Everyone that stopped watching sure missed a good 20

12. Pescador says:

spoiler:
    Good win, but I wouldn’t want to be seen with it in public.

Haha

13. BONE207 says:

unca miltie:

Actually I believe it was 25 wins. I agree. Should’ve lost after that 2nd period. But that would’ve been the last decade’s teams. We have Connor

14. The Hermit says:

The tone of this place can change in a hurry. 🙂

15. jzed says:

I knew it, TMac channeled my comments onto the locker room chalkboard….Yes!

16. NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker" says:

Down 2-4 to worst team in the League in the 3rd I can imagine the building dread among Oiler fans.

Then the Oilers say “calm your tits” and blow the doors off the Avs in the final minutes.

Wish I could have been watching. Damn work!

17. Pouzar says:

OilClog:
    Everyone that stopped watching sure missed a good 20

That was me.

I am happy for LB.

18. jake70 says:

They need to get on that plane and get the hell out of there with the 2 points in the bag……….Denver police will be after them for theft….

19. treevojo says:

I have a funny feeling I am going to enjoy going back and reading the game thread comments.

At least I didn’t miss Connor putting up a 5 spot.

20. BONE207 says:

I bet Pouzar will look at the result tomorrow sober and blame the bad whiskey for the result. Haahaa

21. Rebilled says:

I turned on the game in the 3rd.

Thanks work!

Work sucked!

22. Ice Sage says:

Gret99zky:
    Oi7ers

23. LMHF#1 says:

Had better be a home team romp on Saturday. That was gross.

24. Crazy Pedestrian says:

OilClog:
    Everyone that stopped watching sure missed a good 20

Yep… we were all jinxing the team by watching apparently…

25. StixMalone says:

Secondary scoring is a nice thing that really helps!

26. BONE207 says:

Rebilled:
    I turned on the game in the 3rd.

Thanks work!

Work sucked!

and so did the Oilers. Good timing by you.

27. dangilitis says:

StixMalone,

6 straight multi point games isn’t consolation, I suppose

He almost certainly is getting that B bonus Gregor had been warning us about, which is going to impact the cap next year…

28. Dicky94 says:

Pouzar,

He deserves the start on Saturday.

29. Gerta Rauss says:

2-1 WPG over LA with 16:00 left in the 2nd

LA is 10 back now of the 2nd wildcard spot

Their days are numbered

30. --hudson-- says:

The 80s Oilers did this regularly. Play down to an opponent and be down entering the 3rd. Then they would turn it on and take over. Made for great highlights but was frustrating to watch live at times

They could’ve won more presidents trophies if they were more consistent

Hopefully this new era can reduce these kinks

31. Pouzar says:

BONE207:

The sweet sounds of Richie K got me through brutha!

32. VOR says:

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that this improbable victory featured the core members of the whipping boy’s club. Cagguila, Lucic, RNH, and Eberle were all big parts of that victory. Not to mention the exhausted young German. Hell, even the divisive Kris Russell chipped in. Oh and our backup goalie looked just fine. In other words those two points were brought to you by the players who inspire the most vitriol on this blog.

33. BONE207 says:

jake70:

Thing is that Denver is coming to town. Maybe they bring the cops with them just in case it goes like this again. Brossoit with possibly the game saving save. I’m good with him starting. Let Cam lullaby the kids that night.

34. Gret99zky says:

LMHF#1:
    Had better be a home team romp on Saturday. That was gross.

Ugly as a mud fence.

35. who says:

LadiesloveSmid:
    How off Benning has been really illuminates the need for a 2RD not a new 3RD. Gryba and Benning have been hard to watch. Russell with a really key block and clear there.

</blockquotDavidson
    Benning has been awful tonight. Anyone else missing Davidson yet. Sure would be nice to have another option back there.

36. dangilitis says:

Crazy Pedestrian:
    Well I guess I will eat a big crow… should not doubt a team with McDavid on it…
    Kinda wish I didn’t let my emotions get the better of me and turn the game off…

This game had very little to do with McDavid. Eberle, Sekera and Broissoit were key. Special Kudos to Russell and the 3rd line. But most importantly they were playing themselves (5 years ago, perhaps why Ebs was the best forward, he knew what bad teams were capable of…)

37. Jaxon says:

Jesus… I just noticed that Justin Schultz is 5th among D for points and is leading the league (forward and D) in +/- with +32. Except he is doing it as a #4 D, which is where he should have been played all along. It would be nice to have him as a #4, behind Larsson. I’d like to see the Woodmoneys on his competition, to see how he is handling things. His +32 is pretty impressive for a top 4, unless his PP minutes are giving him top 4 TOI.

38. Rebilled says:

2-4 begin 3rd,
    7-4 end game.

Love to see the look on Flames fans faces when they check their phones tonight. It might be tomorrow because they lost tonight and are crying.

39. Pouzar says:

Dicky94:
    Pouzar,

He deserves the start on Saturday.

He hasn’t let allowed a goal in 2 relief appearances now. I agree. #reliefAce

40. Scungilli says:

A nice come back and I hope energizing for the team. Time to get shit together now, no more stinkers heading into the playoffs.

Fingers crossed for the Jets and Stars tomorrow. First place is so close.

Have a good night’s rest Cam Talbot, we need you back.

41. Pouzar says:

Gret99zky: Ugly as a mud fence.

Half chewed caramel

42. BONE207 says:

Pouzar: The sweet sounds of Richie K got me through brutha!

Well that beats the grating sounds of Drew.

43. Gret99zky says:

Jaxon:
    Jesus… I just noticed that Justin Schultz is 5th among D for points and is leading the league (forward and D) in +/- with +32.Except he is doing it as a #4 D, which is where he should have been played all along. It would be nice to have him as a #4, behind Larsson. I’d like to see the Woodmoneys on his competition, to see how he is handling things. His +32 is pretty impressive for a top 4, unless his PP minutes are giving him top 4 TOI.

That train has sailed.

44. Ice Sage says:

VOR:
    Am I the only one who finds it ironic that this improbable victory featured the core members of the whipping boy’s club. Cagguila, Lucic, RNH, and Eberle, we’re all big parts of that victory. Not to mention the exhausted young German. Hell, even the divisive Kris Russell chipped in. Oh and our backup goalie looked just fine. In other words those two points were brought to you by the people who inspire the most vitriol on this blog.

Agreed – and Yak / Paajarvi helped the Blues beat the Dys tonight so a good night for the Oil-maligned!!!!

45. BONE207 says:

Pouzar: Half chewed caramel

or egg salad sandwich.

46. Centre of attention says:

Centre of attention: I have a feeling Nuge and Ebs have a big night
    They usually beat the piss out of the Avs regardless of whether the Oil win or not.
    Dunno if the Oilers win but 93 and 14 will have some crooked numbers on the score sheets, book it.

Heh, I did I call it. Eberle with 2G 2A and Nuge with 2A

If I’m the coaching staff I take the two points and burn the tapes.

Deserve has nothing to do with it imo 🙂

47. Ice Sage says:

Jaxon:

It would be great to get a broad analysis of why and how Schultz has now blossomed into the player he looked to be in the 1st year here. It goes beyond his deployment and being on a deeper team – there is a confidnece, poise and defensive commitment that we rarely saw in Edmonton. I can’t help feeling there’s been something toxic in the Oilers system that has been expunged in the last year.

48. BONE207 says:

Centre of attention: Heh, I did I call it. Eberle with 2G 2A and Nuge with 2A

Deserve has nothing to do with it imo

If I’m the coaching staff I take the two points and burn the tapes.

Uhhh, smash the hard drives and USB sticks…oh, Youtube as well.

49. Centre of attention says:

NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker":
    Down 2-4 to worst team in the Leaguein the 3rd I can imagine the building dread among Oiler fans.

Wish I could have been watching. Damn work!

This perfectly sums up the game.

50. npanciroli says:

Ice Sage,

Initially deployment then lack of effort on the players part IMO. Watched him quit on the team.

51. Westchester Oil says:

I was hoping Draisaitl’s EN goal was going to be disallowed. I’m quite worried about his bonus situation.

I watched the Avalanche TV feed tonight. The announcers had quite a few good things to say about the Oilers and McDavid, but they were quite dismayed when the Avs blew another 3rd period lead.

52. SayItAin'tSo, Gretz, SayItAin'tSo! says:

Scungilli,

Centre of attention,

Agreed and agreed.

3rd game in 4 nights and with an hour time loss from last nights game while gaining a mile in elevation.

Ugly as sin but considering the circumstances….

Take the points, destroy the evidence.

Leon is now in the top 10

53. Centre of attention says:

SayItAin’tSo, Gretz, SayItAin’tSo!,

I’m watching that Caggulia goal on repeat

THat pass by Draisaitl was fucking disgusting, the finish was maybe easier than it looked with the AHL goalie in desperation mode.

54. JDΦ says:

Just got home and finished the third period on pvr.

It’s a shame for those people who quit watching early.

Bross-Wah!

55. treevojo says:

Just caught up on all the comments.

In fairness to everybody I didn’t get to watch the first two periods and a bit of the third.

It sounded like a real shit show.

I would just like to say as an oiler fan that we were gifted the most dynamic and exciting player of all time.

Even in a blowout loss he might do something that could blow your mind.

Think about that.

56. LadiesloveSmid says:

Can the top 10 in scoring pick it the hell up, really wish Drai didn’t get that ENG.

57. JDΦ says:

LadiesloveSmid,

Schedule B bonuses shouldn’t include EN points!

58. SayItAin'tSo, Gretz, SayItAin'tSo! says:

Centre of attention,

Ya it was a beauty.

Quietly (if that is possible) Leon has put up six straight multipoint games (13 points total which is more than McD’s 12 points…)

59. ASkoreyko says:

VOR:

Preach it brother. This comment is worth repeating!!!!!

60. kgo says:

I thought Drai’s Sched B bonus was top 10 in ppg amongst Fwds who’ve played at least 41 games…Putting him in 14th

61. Diablo says:

Hopefully this game changes the mind of all the doubters here.

Colorado scored some flukey goals and the Oilers were not sharp in the first two periods for sure (probably the lack of sleep or the high from the smelling salts).

Not for once did I think to switch the channel – I knew if they got one in the third that they’d turn the tide against that AHL team masquerading in an NHL team’s uniform.

Hilarious that we finally got not one but two empty net goals – the first one though was cathartic.

Love this team.

62. digger50 says:

SayItAin’tSo, Gretz,

#8217;tSo!: most

Yup, pay the man and smile.

63. Chachi says:

VOR:

It was SIUTBOHC night in Denver.

64. Pouzar says:

JDΦ: Bross-Wah!

Bandwagoner.

65. kgo says:

Anyone see Brandon Davidson misplay that 2 on 1 tonight? Ugly…

66. Chachi says:

As awful as most of that game was I give them credit for sticking with it. Gord knows the Oilers were on the other end of that type of game way too many times over the past ten years.

Now for something completely different, I present for your general perusement and amusement, hot off the presses, the greatest goal in NHL history most notable because it is scored on the greasiest piece of filth who ever slithered into the goalies’ union:

What a masterpiece. Eat crap Mike Smith. Sometimes bad things happen to bad people.

67. treevojo says:

Chachi: It was SIUTBOHC night in Denver.

Is that you Robin?

68. treevojo says:

Chachi:

That goal was awesome.

Glad I watched.

69. Chachi says:

treevojo: Is that you Robin?

Hahaha. No, he’s locked up in Gregor’s basement this time of night isn’t he?

70. JDΦ says:

Pouzar: Bandwagoner.

I was on-board before Chachi. Honestly.

71. Chachi says:

JDΦ: I was on-board before Chachi. Honestly.

True, I am more of an REO Speedwagoner.

72. JDΦ says:

Diablo: changes the mind of all the doubters here.

Ten years of doubtin’ – TEN. Not sure any single even will erase those feelings, unless it involves a Stanley.

73. spoiler says:

Chachi,

Lol. Sometimes sweet justice rules the day.

74. JDΦ says:

Chachi: REO Speedwagoner.

You’ve forgotten what you started fightin’ for?

75. Pretendergast says:

So I missed the whole game, and I come on to lowetide to see the ups and downs of commenter reactions throughout the game, but when I click older comments i only get one or 2 comments of the 200 per page.

Does anyone else get this/ know how to fix it?

76. treevojo says:

Chachi: Hahaha. No, he’s locked up in Gregor’s basement this time of night isn’t he?

He might be……

77. Chachi says:

treevojo: He might be……

A freaking classic!!!

78. Justthestatsman says:

Pretendergast:

Does anyone else get this/ know how to fix it?

Logging in should fix your problem

79. Professor Q says:

Holy Crap.

What a night. Wish I had watched it in real time.

I’m also out of the Death March officially; I had said 88 points, in honour of Lindros.

80. treevojo says:

Pretendergast:

Does anyone else get this/ know how to fix it?

That’s all there is.

Everybody quit watching.

81. JDΦ says:

kgo: I thought Drai’s Sched B

Take it up with Gregor. He’s the source on this, and claims Drai is sitting close, as per his GDB at ON.

82. Chachi says:

Pretendergast:

Does anyone else get this/ know how to fix it?

Once you sign in you should see everything. Just in case you can’t retrieve the comments I can fill you in: everyone was level headed and confident that the Oilers would prevail and Bruce Wayne stopped in to tell me that, not only was I smart and handsome, but I also appeared to be born a tripod. Finally Pouzar and I agreed that Puljujarvi probably should have been sent back to Finland this year – not sure what took him so long to come around to what was so obvious. There, you are all caught up!

83. JDΦ says:

Chachi: There, you are all caught up!

84. treevojo says:

Chachi: Once you sign in you should see everything. Just in case you can’t retrieve the comments I can fill you in: Everyone was level headed and confident that the Oilers would prevail andBruce Wayne stopped in to tell me that, not only was I smart and hamdsome, but I also appeared to be born a tripod. Finally Pouzar and I agreed that Puljujarvi probably should have been sent back to Finland this year – not sure what took him so long to come around to what was so obvious. There, you are all caught up!

Obviously he seen in that game how wonderful rantanen played after spending last year developing his skills in Finland.

85. Chachi says:

JDΦ: Don’t forget your excellent rendition of ‘You Picked a Fine Time To Leave Me Lucic.’

naturally.

86. Crazy Pedestrian says:

Chachi: SIUTBOHC

What does “SIUTBOHC” stand for? I’ve tried to look it up but to no avail…

87. Professor Q says:

McDavid has 87 points. It’s a sign.

88. treevojo says:

Crazy Pedestrian: What does “SIUTBOHC” stand for? I’ve tried to look it up but to no avail…

Google brownlee siutbohc

89. JDΦ says:

Shove it up the backsides of his critics, or something like that.

Long standing ON initialism.

90. JDΦ says:

Professor Q: It’s a sign.

91. treevojo says:

JDΦ: That Crosby’s PPG is better than McDavid’s, even though Connor’s PPG worked against him for the Calder, because missed games are bad unless you play on an incredibly deep EC team?

Connor needs to score 100 pts this year to give EC media no choice.

92. Crazy Pedestrian says:

JDΦ: Shove it up the backsides of his critics, or something like that.

Alrighty. Who the hell came up with that one???

93. Ronald Chevalier says:

VOR,

QFT

94. JDΦ says:

Crazy Pedestrian: Who the hell came up with that one???

You had to be there, I guess. The doldrums of the lost decade. Made sense at the time.

95. Chachi says:

Crazy Pedestrian: Alrighty. Who the hell came up with that one???

It was Robin Brownlee in reference to Jeff Deslauriers who had a nice string of games at the time. Unfortunately for both Robin and Jeff, who I hear is a really good guy, it turned out that his critics’ backsides remained very much untouched shortly after that declaration was made. It was a bold opinion by Brownlee at the time and because of how things turned out he gets mocked a little for it. Can’t fault him for being bold I guess.

96. treevojo says:

Crazy Pedestrian: Alrighty. Who the hell came up with that one???

Had to do with brownlee’s support of Jeff deslaurier.

97. Ronald Chevalier says:

treevojo,

lmao, stir it up brother!

98. JDΦ says:

I prefer:

SUITMHCASAT.

Suit Up In The Mile High City And Score A Touchdown.

99. Pescador says:

Professor Q:
    Holy Crap.

What a night. Wish I had watched it in real time.

Consider yourself lucky, some of the game was unwatchable. Most of the first 40 mins

100. JDΦ says:

treevojo: brownlee’s support of Jeff deslaurier.

101. Pescador says:

Rebilled:
    2-4 begin 3rd,
    7-4 end game.

I think there will be a few guilty Oiler fans as well. None from here though right?
    right?

102. Pescador says:

JDΦ: That link should come with a bathroom warning. Caution: Do Not Click On A Full Bladder.

Does anyone think he sounds like Dorothy from the Golden Girls on air?

103. Chachi says:

I am going to bump this one more time because it is truly wonderful

The way Mike Smith’s head props the net up just enough to keep the net from falling down is so beautiful I wish someone would paint it on velvet.

104. JDΦ says:

Chachi: would paint it on velvet.

Just so you know, I’m fairly certain there is no velvet image of Rick Astley.

105. Chachi says:

JDΦ: Just so you know, I’m fairly certain there is no velvet image of Rick Astley.

I am never gonna give up the dream of finding one

106. jonrmcleod says:

Calgary loses to Nashville,which makes this game even more disappointing.

Reading the comments this morning is entertaining. A wide range of emotions. 🙂

107. russ99 says:

Pescador: Brownlee is a piece of work alright, love the way he always used to fight all the contributors battles for them. Always threatening expulsion to anyone who would say something he didn’t like.
    Does anyone think he sounds like Dorothy from the Golden Girls on air?

Consider the years of depths of bad hockey that made us come up with all that.

Glad we’re past it.

The Smith goal was hilarious!

108. judgedrude says:

Jaxon:

My first thought is “Does this put him in contention for the Norris trophy?”

My second thought is “We’ll, if you have to ask the question…”

109. N64 says:

kgo:

The amounts for B bonuses are negotiated but they are can use any or all of:

top 10 in the league in points, points per game, goals, or assists; top five in voting for the Selke, Rocket Richard, or Hart Trophies; winning the Conn Smythe Trophy or being voted onto the first or second postseason NHL All-Star teams

110. The Trade Guy says:

I turned on the game right when Kassian scored. I was the good luck charm.

111. N64 says:

treevojo: Connor needs to score 100 pts this year to give EC media no choice.

97 is only 3pts shy now of leading in PPG. He made up that much over Crosby this week .

Of course 97 will finish with 97 pts, the Ross, and the PPG lead.

112. Pouzar says:

Chachi: Finally Pouzar and I agreed that Puljujarvi probably should have been sent back to Finland this year

*spits out coffee*
    *takes screenshot*
    *frames said screenshot*

😛

113. N64 says:

Younger Oil:
    Nuge and Caggiula can leave any time to be honest.

LOL

Pouzar:
    Oh…yer all LB fans now eh?

Yes. We’ll assemble on WG’s lawn at dusk

114. Chachi says:

Pouzar: *spits out coffee*
    *takes screenshot*
    *frames said screenshot*

😛

That’s a terrible thing to do to good coffee!

115. JDΦ says:

Chachi: good coffee…

Does Lucky brand make coffee?

« Older Comments