DON’T WORRY BABY

Sometimes in life, when you need it, God gives you a Colorado—and it turns into an Avalanche, the good kind. Such was the case in Denver. For much of last night, I reverted to ‘grumpy Lowetide’ and turned the air blue. The dog learned some new phrases, and if there were a swear  jar, I wouldn’t have enough for my morning coffee.

HELP ME RHONDA, YEAR OVER YEAR

• Oilers in February 2016: 3-8-2, goal differential -18
  • Oilers in February 2017: 6-6-0, goal differential -2
  • Oilers in March 2016: 8-8-0, goal differential +5
  • Oilers in March 2017: 6-3-1, goal differential +10
  • Oilers after 74, 2015-16: 29-38-7, goal differential -38
  • Oilers after 74, 2016-17: 40-25-9, goal differential +26
The Oilers reach the 40-win mark for the first time since 2007-08, and the 89-point level first time since the Stanley Cup Final team of 2005-06. Whatever we get out of this, I know I will never forget.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MARCH

• At home to: Detroit, NY Islanders, Pittsburgh, Montreal (Expected: 2-2-0) (Actual 1-2-1)
  • At home to: Dallas, Boston, Vancouver, Los Angeles (Expected: 3-1-0) (Actual 4-0-0)
  • On the road to: Anaheim, Colorado (Expected: 1-1-0) (Actual: 1-1-0)
  • At home to: Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose (Expected 1-1-1) (Actual: 0-0-0)
  • Overall expected result: 7-5-1, 15 points in 13 games
  • Current results: 6-3-1, 13 points in 10 games

March is almost secure as a good month now, just one more win before we can check off our expectation. It didn’t go exactly as planned, but then again looking back it’s pretty close. Edmonton scored five goals in the third period last night, after entering the final frame in a real hole. Don’t ask me if they deserved these two points or I’ll have to tell you, but it’s in the books and that’s all that counts.

DEFENSE, LAST NIGHT

• Klefbom-Larsson went 6-9 in 11:09 through the first two periods, and 12-5 in the third period (18-12 overall). They were poor in single moments. Honestly, I prefer to watch the game from 200 feet, counting Corsi and trusting that tilting the ice will give you a chance to win. For this pairing, on this night, those single events told a big part of the story. Larsson went dog whistle on the first goal, just took off like a bat out of hell. Klefbom’s follies were less obvious, but they were not what they need to be in big moments. Went 4-7 against Landeskog-Duchene-Nieto, but 7-4 against Rantanen-MacKinnon-Andrighetto. Two games in a row we have seen unusual blue moves from this pair.
  • Sekera-Russell went 6-10 in 9:36 through two, 4-5 in the third, ending up 10-15 for the night. Both men posted crooked numbers in the scoring column. Russell had a dandy assist early, and made some fine mad dash defensive plays. He reminds me a little of M-A Bergeron, who was so accustomed to chaos he seemed to thrive on it. Sekera was brilliant with the puck, he’s a very creative skill player and a Godsend for this roster. Went against 7-4 against Soderberg-Mitchell-Comeau, but 4-8 against Rantanen-MacKinnon-Andrighetto.
  • Nurse-Benning went 4-8 in 11:03 through two, and 2-1 in the third when hell was a popping. Pairing was on the ice only three minutes at evens in the third period. Played mostly with the Nuge and Letestu lines. McLellan used them liberally in the first two periods at 5×5, far less in the third period. Went 4-4 against the Soderberg-Mitchell-Comeau line.
  • Cam Talbot struggled for the second straight night, stopping 11 of 15. Laurent Brossoit was flawless for the second straight night, stopping six shots. I imagine Todd McLellan at least thinks about Brossoit as a starter on Saturday, but it could easily go the other way.
  • Numbers by NHL.com, HockeyStats.ca and NaturalStatTrick.

FORWARDS, LAST NIGHT

• This is sorted by TOI, and replaces my 1line, 2line because there was so much movement on the evening.
  • Lucic-McDavid-Eberle went 11-9 together and frankly it felt like someone opened the window to let fresh air into the room. McDavid went 5-9 with Leon and 1-9 with Maroon. I wonder if we see these new lines Saturday? 97 was 10-13 against MacKinnon, 6-9 against Erik Johnson.
  • Caggiula-Nuge-Draisaitl went 8-8 together and Caggiula had a call me lightning moment on the GWG. What a pass from Leon! Oh my! Nuge was 1-9 with Eberle and 1-5 with Lucic before the change. Nuge was 4-7 against Duchene.
  • Pouliot-Desharnais-Kassian, the one line I identified as possibly needing a change, stayed together and scored a massive goal. Went 10-7 as a trio, pleased for all three of these men and their recent success. DD went 5-2 against Compher-Colborne-Bourque.
  • Letestu went 4-3 with Caggiula and Pakarinen, and 4-1 with Maroon and Eberle. It was a crazy game.
  • There were all sorts of combinations last night, and the shuffle worked very well. I do wonder if we see these new trios on Saturday.

STANDINGS

One of the reasons I was throwing seat cushions in the living room last night was what looked like a giant opportunity missed. Winning last night gives Edmonton some room to wheel now, and some very good things could result from the two points. Consider:

• Edmonton is 12 points up on the Los Angeles Kings with nine to play. It’s over, but we are also nearing the point where an x-Edmonton will appear in the standings.
  • Edmonton is three points up on the Flames with eight games to play. If the fever is broken, it will mean the young Oilers endured a hot streak by Calgary for the ages, and still came out on top. Too early to call it, but that would be a nice bullet point on the season resume.

I enjoyed doing this (Nuge is my spirit animal, confirming what I suspected) and suspect you will as well. No pressure, but I consider Loxy a friend and it would be nice if you took her survey. No pressure, but if you don’t I’m not picking up ice cream on the way home from work.

TOP 10 SCORERS

This is pretty cool, reminding me of the glory Oilers and the beloved Bruins of my youth. The Oilers have some major scoring at the top of the depth chart, pretty cool to see this kind of success for the heart of Edmonton’s cluster (2014 and 2015 draft picks).

1970-71 FINAL SCORING

Total. Dominance. Didn’t count for a hill of beans in the playoffs, but it would have to do until 1972. Notice the Frank Mahovlich acquisition by Montreal mid-season, that was a big deal. I had waited forever to see one of the expansion scorers reach the heights, and not just Red Berenson who was a veteran who moved to the other division. Lo and behold, Gilbert Perreault as a rookie! Time has faded the memory, but he was an enormous talent in 1970.

GOD’S FLASHLIGHT (FORWARDS)

Nothing shines a light on forwards like 5×5/60 scoring. If you are a top line player, 2.00/60 is the number you should be posting. If you are a generational talent, then you should be close to leading the league.

1. Connor McDavid 2.83 (No. 1 in the NHL)
  2. Leon Draisaitl 1.99 (No. 48 in the NHL)
  3. Patrick Maroon 1.83 (No. 70)
  4. Zack Kassian 1.80 (No. 73)
  5. Jordan Eberle 1.63 (No. 108)
  6. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins 1.29 (No. 180)
  7. Milan Lucic 1.16 (No. 194)

This is among forwards with 750 or more minutes at 5×5 this season. McDavid leads partly because of his 26 first-assists this season, and I have to say Zack Kassian has been a revelation. Kudos to Jordan Eberle for crawling from the wreckage of what was a truly difficult early portion of the year.

LOWDOWN WITH LOWETIDE

At 10 this morning, we have a fun two hours planned, TSN1260. Scheduled to appear:

• Steve Lansky, BigMouthSports. Will we see an Oilers-Leafs SCF before the end of the decade? Plus 97 as Hart candidate.
  • Frank Seravalli, TSN. Which Canadian team has the best chance to go deep this spring?
  • Matt Iwanyk, TSN1260. Point-Counter Point will discuss the handling of the goalies, Matt suggested starting LB in Anaheim and he might have been right.
  • Paul Almeida, SSE. How far can the Oilers go in the playoffs?

10-1260 text, @Lowetide on twitter. Talk soon!

166 Responses to "DON’T WORRY BABY"

1. N64 says:

The Beach Boys for Cam’s mp3 player today. 🙂

~ As much as we love Mark Knopfler please do not use him for next year’s RE. ~

Signed,
    The Talbot fan club.

“Well it’s a strange old game – you learn it slow
    One step forward and it’s back to go
    You’re standing on the throttle
    You’re standing on the brakes
    In the groove ’til you make a mistake

Sometimes you’re the windshield
    Sometimes you’re the bug
    Sometimes it all comes together baby
    Sometimes you’re a fool in love”

I got the Dadbot:

I will be your father figure. Put your tiny hand in mine

2. jonrmcleod says:

Great to see Leon in the top 10! And, no, I don’t care about the bonuses.

3. npanciroli says:

jonrmcleod,

With you there. I want 1 and 2.

4. Loxy says:

Thanks for the share. 😉

5. Ducey says:

I am Patrick Maroon. And I like chocolate ice cream.

6. Louis Levasseur says:

Maybe I’m just getting soft, but I have to say that I’m not hating Remenda as much lately. He’s actually pointing out some positives in the Oilers’ play and not spending as much time falling all over himself praising the opposition.

I’ve gone from hating listening to his analysis to pure indifference. A big step forward for me.

7. npanciroli says:

I got I am Milan Lucic. Oh no you are 28. lol

8. JDΦ says:

Hmm

You got: Adam Larsson

No matter how steady you are, you’ll always be compared to he who sHALL not be named.

9. fuzzy muppet says:

I got the Nuge too.

i’m fine with that, because I too feel like I’ve lost my offensive creativity

10. Chris says:

I got the Nuge. I think it’s the old, beat up muscle car that does it, but who knows.

Last night’s game reminded me of how I have watched the Oilers through the rotten years. If they are losing by two, I switch the channel. I’m going to have to stop doing that. But this team looked absolutely indifferent for the first couple of periods.

I’m very happy for the Nuge and Ebs. Tough year for both. Let’s hope they can keep going Saturday.

And while we’re at it, give Talbot a break and start LB.

11. Jaxon says:

I got: “Milan Lucic. You’re only 28. Oh no.”

12. Ducey says:

On that 5 x 5/60 scoring, I notice Nuge is shooting at 8.15%. Maroon is at 16.54%

Both are likely to move to the meats.

I really hope they don’t move Nuge this summer.

Also Tkachuk is at 22 in the NHL in 5 x 5/60 scoring. Imagine if he could skate, eh?

13. meanashell11 says:

I got Sekera, Stone Cold Sekera.

14. Wonder Llama says:

I am Leon Draisaitl. I am an example of German engineering.

I still wear number 11 in beer league hockey for Gilbert Perreault. Beautiful coast-to-coast rushes with that bow-legged skating stance. Loved those 1970s Sabres teams – it took me until 1982 to transition to the Oilers. Dad took me to some Sportsman’s Dinner around 1978 to hear Danny Gare speak and get his autograph. He was a nice guy but a terrible public speaker.

15. Wolfpack says:

My point total prediction was 88, I think, so I was left on the side of the highway last night. And never have I been so happy to be wrong.

Wow, Colorado is just an awful team. I am not a coach or anything but they just seem to have no structure at all in their game. On the other hand, how many times over the past decade have we been on the other side of a game like last night? Play pretty well for a couple of periods and then the opposition just flicks a switch and pulls away.

Klefbom didn’t get an assist on the game winner but he contributed a lot by hauling the puck out quickly and starting the attack. With him being healthy, the evolution of that player this year has been amazing to see.

16. snfu says:

You got: Jordan Eberle
    You tasted sweet success as a teen and haven’t had it since.

son of a bitch.

17. Wolfpack says:

meanashell11:
    I got Sekera, Stone Cold Sekera.

Me too.

18. Rake 2.0 says:

I got Patrick Maroon
    You play hockey, not school.

Awesome.

19. Mattaklap says:

Once more we prepare to high five strangers, get ticketed for jaywalking on Whyte, and embrace true heartbreak.

Playoffs are coming. Has it been 10 years, or a fortnight? The heart marks not the passage of time, but merely the moment.

Ooh sweet, I got Seksy.

20. TheGreatMutato says:

You got: Leon Draisaitl
    You are an example of German engineering.

My family would be pleased, haha.

21. SayItAin'tSo, Gretz, SayItAin'tSo! says:

You Got: Connor McDavid
    You’re simply the best (drops mic, calls it a career and starts stickhandling imaginary puck as I walk out of the office)

Only have one thing to say about last nights game – we really need to remember the circumstances. Late, emotional, hard fought game in Anaheim, followed by a late night flight from west to east and a huge elevation change. Remenda said after teh Ducks game that the team wasn’t expected to get into their Denver hotel until 3-4 in the morning. Really tough turnaround no matter who you are when its game 73 of an 82 game season.

Second thing (and yes i know this directly contradicts the above) Leon has put together 6 straight multi-point games. That bigly level play right there

Flames looking mortal against playoff teams.

Oilers can get that X in the next few days and as I’m sure everyone on this fine blog will be doing I plan to have a beer and hell maybe even another!

22. Pajamah says:

Leon might run out of time. Only 8 games left to get 18 points and catch that dastardly McDavid. A little worried that the contract might be too high an ask what with will be a 70+ point season. Would love to see a bridge deal.

Or throw 12 million dollars in a room with McDavid and Draisaitl and let them figure out how to split it.

23. OriginalPouzar says:

I’ll take the comeback win and move on to Saturday night.

Frankly, this might have been a blessing – it should put a scare in the team and force them to realize that they can’t take any nights/periods off and, at the same time, they got the two points and a ROW.

I expect a dominant performance at home on Saturday night.

24. JustWatt says:

Mark Letestu. Huh, seems kind of appropriate.

25. TeeVee says:

Spirit bear, Milan Lucic.

26. frjohnk says:

” You got: Connor McDavid

You’re simply the best.”

Dont know how that happened.

Maybe he is as fast as me.

27. remlap says:

I got Oscar Klefbom. I am too good looking.

#dreamy

28. Pajamah says:

Also, if my math hasn’t gone full Jim Benning, the magic point # is 6 (any combo of Oiler points or LA lost points) and the Oilers officially clinch.

Beat Colorado at home, then we can punch our ticket against LA. Let’s do this.

29. Pajamah says:

remlap:
    I got Oscar Klefbom. I am too good looking.

#dreamy

Can I do my laundry on your abs?

30. Ice Sage says:

I too am Draisaitl and Teutonically proud of it.
    Funny, I’ve always played on my off wing too (not a euphemism).

Last night, as another poster mentioned, is what good teams do sometimes to poor ones. We’re still getting used to being on the winning side of the equation, methinks. The healing has begun, though.

31. Pouzar says:

Kassian.

I am switching to Lite Beer.

32. Pajamah says:

I am Oscar Klefbomb. Heh, my wife wishes. Back to eating peanut butter with a spoon

33. Pescador says:

I got Oscar.
    He is almost as beautiful as me.

34. dustrock says:

I got Andrej Sekera as my spirit animal. Which is probably pretty fair, but I was much dirtier as a player.

35. remlap says:

Pajamah:

You can do laundry on my abs if I can grate cheese for my game-time nachos on yours.

36. oilman says:

I got Cam Talbot….I’ve played goal all my life…it sees into my soul!

37. OilClog says:

You got: Adam Larsson

Elbows up!

38. zatch says:

npanciroli:
    jonrmcleod,

With you there. I want 1 and 2.

I WANT BALBOA! I WANT BALBOA!

39. slopitch says:

I got Maroon somehow. Oh well good result!

Watched the highlights of the game again this morning and saw the Rantanen one timers. Then I got excited about JP on McDavids wing again.

40. Chachi says:

McDavid, which is awesome, but I was hoping for Caggiula.

41. Mattaklap says:

oilman:
    I got Cam Talbot….I’ve played goal all my life…it sees into my soul!

Loxy knows us all better than we ourselves.

42. npanciroli says:

snfu,

Pajamah,

remlap,

Haha these all got me laughing, well played.

43. npanciroli says:

Pouzar,

I am a little disappointed you didn’t get Slepyshev to be honest.

44. McSorley33 says:

Damn!

I got Lauri Korpikoski ….this can’t be right.

45. Bar_Qu says:

You are good? You are a fourth-liner? You are an enigma. #letestify

I can’t figure out what that means #punny

Good quiz by Loxy. It hit the nail on the head.

46. Durag says:

I am really loving how hard Brossoit battles in the crease. I think a good start for him Saturday would do wonders for his confidence, and light a fire under Talbot. Having said that, I think there’s about a 2% chance TMac goes to him Saturday.

47. McSorley33 says:

Nuge was 1-9 with Eberle and 1-5 with Lucic before the change
    **********************************************************************

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins 1.29 (No. 180)
    *********************************************************************

Gulp.

48. Bag of Pucks says:

Went in wanting Draisaitl (fave player) as spirit animal and got Adam Larsson (return for my former favourite player). Joy.

I guess I’ll always be a defenceman at heart. I do enjoy it tremendously when Larsson is laying the lumber in the corners.

Btw, because D is the position I played growing up, I find I’m always a little more sympathetic and patient to the plight of those lads. Cept for Jultz. lol

Suspect it’s the same for others? Anyone have a sentimental attachment to a certain position over others? And no, I’m not talking about 69, doggy style, etc.!

49. M00se1978 says:

I got Cam Talbot, the father figure. I have 5 kids, so that makes sense.

Good job Loxy!!

50. Pink Socks says:

I hope Bruce Wayne gets either Lucic or Larsson. Please report back 😉

51. vinotintazo says:

I got Maroon.
    You play hockey, not school.

52. Snowman says:

Neon Leon…. That’s not bad.

My biggest concern is Nuge. Nuge has gotta start Nuging or he’s gonna Nuge himself right off this team this summer.

He’ll probably always be my favorite Oiler from the Dark Decade (copyright pending) but its been tough watching him this year. I miss 2014/2015 Nuge.

53. BONE207 says:

Bar_Qu:
    You are good? You are a fourth-liner? You are an enigma. #letestify

I can’t figure out what that means #punny

Good quiz by Loxy. It hit the nail on the head.

You got: Mark Letestu

You are good? You are a fourth-liner? You are an enigma. #LETESTIFY

It looks like we are the same player. We need a better contract. Better get 20 for the year

54. N64 says:

Pink Socks:
    I hope Bruce Wayne gets either Lucic or Larsson.Please report back 😉

You’d think Batman gets Katz

55. Chachi says:

Snowman: Having said that if Nuge somehow Nuged himself into Duchene I suppose I could forgive Nuge’s Nuginess this season.

Aren’t Nuge and Duchene basically the same player this season?

56. Profit says:

I got Lucic. Was it because I picked the grizzly bear?

I thought me picking parenting skills was going to get me Maroon or Talbot.

Fun.

57. flyfish1168 says:

Chachi: Aren’t Nuge and Duchene basically the same player this season?

One wins face offs.

58. Melman says:

Did anyone else get Teddy Peckman?

59. Westchester Oil says:

Methinks 97 + 29 will end up with a combined $15-19 million per year.

60. bendelson says:

Well I got Drai… which makes sense b/c people think I’m slow and a little tired…

61. JDΦ says:

Melman,

You picked the hamburger, didn’t you?

62. The Hermit says:

Ha ha took the survey.

I am an example of German Engineering, Dr Drai.

63. GBandQ says:

i got Sekera. which appears to make me a stone cold (and bald) assassin.

I’ll take it. 😛

64. digger50 says:

Louis Levasseur:
    Maybe I’m just getting soft, but I have to say that I’m not hating Remenda as much lately.He’s actually pointing out some positives in the Oilers’ play and not spending as much time falling all over himself praising the opposition.

I’ve gone from hating listening to his analysis to pure indifference.A big step forward for me.

Agree, he is starting to come around.

65. Pouzar says:

npanciroli:
    Pouzar,

I am a little disappointed you didn’t get Slepyshev to be honest.

Good one!

66. The Trade Guy says:

Hmm I wanted to be Larsson but got Klefbom.

67. theres oil in virginia says:

Chachi:
    McDavid, which is awesome, but I was hoping for Caggiula.

Wrong again!

68. delooper says:

I’m Leon Draisaitl! I think picking the picture from the Rhine valley for “where I spend my offseason” did it. I spend a few months in Bonn every few years.

69. LuckyRoseCity says:

I’m Looch! I guess it stands to reason, can be a bit surely now and then… 😬

70. BornInAGretzkyJersey says:

meanashell11:
    I got Sekera, Stone Cold Sekera.

Me too.

71. westcoastjos says:

Interesting to see the commentary on Talbot being shaky from a lot of folks. While I thought he looked shaky in the Ducks game, I thought he did fine last night. I didn’t really think many of those goals were on him. A few he had little to no chance on and was mostly left out to dry. With that said, I think they should sit him against the Avs and have him start the game after, unless they plan on playing better defensively on Saturday night instead of reverting to the ol’ swarm again.

72. Chachi says:

theres oil in virginia: Wrong again!

It is who I am.

73. Chachi says:

flyfish1168: One wins face offs.

And Colorado reaps the rewards.

74. russ99 says:

I got Leon. 😀

75. stush18 says:

SO I’m going to go ahead and start the “sign desharnais to a reasonable contract” group, because I really think that addition has helped this team a ton.

He’s doing really well on face offs, which is an important issue for me, despite what others may feel. And I think he brings calm feet and hands to a line that has neither calm feet or hand in kassian and pouliot.

Be interesting to see the dangerfen, even if it is a small sample size. *cough* wood guy *cough*

His fenwick looks pretty good right now. 56%

76. russ99 says:

Talbot didn’t get much help at all last night, I wouldn’t call it a bad game.

I guess there’s two schools of thought:

A. The goaltender’s performance relies on good defensive play in front of him
    B. The goatender should be the last line of defense and stop the puck when the team can’t.

I’m firmly in column A.

77. delooper says:

What’s not to like about Leon. He’s smart. He’s earnest. He’s got loads of hockey skills. Only thing odd about that guy is he looks like a moose on skates, like he learned how to skate last week. His stride is so odd.

78. Ducey says:

westcoastjos:

Agreed. A lot of 2 on 1’s and onetimers vs. COL.

79. Ducey says:

Oh, and I would pay Loxy $20 if she could arrange for a certain poster to get Dallas Eakins.

80. YKOil says:

Adam Larsson

81. Admiral Ackbar says:

You got: Leon Draisaitl

You are an example of German engineering.

Hahahahhahah, big frame, good in the corners, soft hands. I’ll take that!

82. Crazy Pedestrian says:

I got Milan Lucic, you’re 28 years old, Oh no.

Well, it would be awesome if resembled him at all, but I couldn’t be any more different…

83. Dennis L says:

You are good? You are a fourth-liner? You are an enigma. #letestify

I’m a Letestu. Figures.

84. Soup Fascist says:

Please look for my upcoming memoir, “Lucic, Lucic”

It is the non-erotic story of a young beer league hockey player’s travels from Mayerthorpe to Minburn.

Available through Amazon. I will need to sell 42 million copies to have the same cheddar as my spirit hockey player, so please – tell your friends.

85. Yak Efron says:

I got Connor.

*sips on some Biosteel*

86. N64 says:

Ducey:

Oh to be told you have the soul of a coach. If coaches have souls

87. geowal says:

Lucic

88. thurmtim says:

I am Mark Letestu, but most days I think I feel like Anton Lander.

89. --hudson-- says:

Apologies if this was already posted, Eberle shared some photos of Nuge, Drai and McD at Disney.

The look on Nuges face is great

90. Melvis says:

I’m the towel attendant. I’m indispensable.

91. digger50 says:

Survey says – Zack Kassian. To Hell and back. Good fun.

92. Oddspell says:

69gm 4 EVG 19 EVA 5 PPG 22 PPA 0 SHG 2 SHA +32

Age 28-30
    Pronger
    55gm 3 EVG 14 EVA 2 PPG 11 PPA 0 SHG 1 SHA -1

this year 24 year old Larsson is on pace for:
    79gm 4 EVG 15 EVA 0PPG 0 PPA 0 HSG 0 SHA +21

The way Larsson finds exposed flesh in the protected areas!
    Le sigh!

94. Ronald Chevalier says:

I got the baby Nuge.
    It’s time for my bedtime.

95. Woodguy v2.0 says:

WC standings using points %. Shown as “points over/under .500” to see spreads between teams.

CHI 28
    LAK 4
    WPG -1
    DAL -4
    VAN -6
    ARI -11
    COL -30

CGY is actually the 2nd wildcard now using pts% due to gp.

Lots of jostling for position going to happen in the last few weeks.

WC games tonight:

SJS at DAL – DAL played in CHI last night and took them to a SO (where CHI won). SJS is probably the favorite but DAL playing much better lately (read: stopped playing Niemi)

WPG at ANA – We want the Jets to win, but they are on the 2nd night of “2 games in 2 days in LA” and I doubt that they have it in them. GO JETS!! *clap,clap*

96. Kaptain Vikarious says:

This ought to be good…
    WoodGuy v1.0 will be Gretzky
    WoodGuy V.2.0 will be McD

97. Woogie63 says:

I got Jim Harrison …..

98. OilClog says:

So is Chicago still not elite?

99. Woodguy v2.0 says:

EC standings using points %. Shown as “points over/under .500” to see spreads between teams.

WSH 31
    CAR 5
    PHI 3
    FLA 2
    BUF -2
    DET -3
    NJD -7

The sheets are messy in BOS and they have lost 4 in a row in regulation (1st one was in EDM)

Dougie’s team has taken a 0.002 pts% lead due to gp. Woot!!

EC games tonight

NYI at PIT – big game for NYI and PIT played last night where Sid cut off Methot’s finger with a hunting knife hidden in his trunks AND THE REFS MISSED IT!!!

TBY at DET – Yz’s team is not going quietly into that good night and aren’t done yet. If they hadn’t blow a 3rd period lead vs ARI at home the other day it would be ridicutight for that last spot.

100. Admiral Ackbar says:

Woodguy v2.0:

CHI28
    MIN21
    SJS18
    ANA16
    EDM15
    STL12
    NSH12-1st wildcard
    CGY12-2nd wildcard
    ————-
    LAK4

WC games tonight:

WPG at ANA – We want the Jets to win, but they are on the 2nd night of “2 games in 2 days in LA” and I doubt that they have it in them. GO JETS!!*clap,clap*

Stupid Jets! Rolling through California and making it harder for the Oil!

101. Bruce Wayne says:

Pink Socks:
    I hope Bruce Wayne gets either Lucic or Larsson.Please report back

Since you asked, Pat Maroon.

102. Melvis says:

Totally off piste. I forgot George’s surname (NYC Coil).

Any body got a link to his blog? I’m entertaining a notion on an exchange of art and photography ideas. with anyone who’s intereested. I’ve got a couple hundred studies on this ‘pute and don’t want to clog up LT’s thing with non Oilers stuff.

103. Melvis says:

Bruce Wayne,

I’m curious, so I’ll bite. Why Pat Maroon?

104. Admiral Ackbar says:

Bruce Wayne: Since you asked, Pat Maroon.

Classic Bruce Wayne…..

105. Kaptain Vikarious says:

Melvis,

George Nobechi

106. Woodguy v2.0 says:

OilClog:
    So is Chicago still not elite?

They went back to being a dominate team in early January.

Try to keep up so your trolls are at least current.

107. Woodguy v2.0 says:

I got Klefbom.

So Dreamy

Melvis:
    Totallyoff piste. I forgot George’s surname (NYC Coil).

It is a wonderful place.

109. barry.moore23 says:

I’m shaving every day, guys. Don’t want the hockey Gords to even think that I may be cheating on a playoff beard. Go Oilers !!!!

110. Melvis says:

Woodguy v2.0,

I was going to go with the burger turner, Bob Nicholson.Since I’m highly appreciative of food and drink afficiandos. Are the burgers at RP also dreamy?

111. GMB3 says:

Wouldn’t the top 90 at 5v5 P/60 be first line production? Therefore Kass, Maroon, and drai are all scoring at a first line rate based on usage

112. Melvis says:

Thanks LT!

113. dustrock says:

Thinking of Nuge as a smart and hard-working player who cannot be a driver by himself but can reinforce and improve elite talent.

There is nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of players like this. Players that improve the elite players.

He had (short-term) success with Hall and Draisaitl. Now short-term success with Caligula and Dr Drai. I’d like to see more with RNH and Drai.

Ideally maybe Pouliot with them.

114. Chachi says:

Bruce Wayne: Since you asked, Pat Maroon.

Thought for sure you would be Peter Chiarelli in a tracksuit. Wrong again!

115. Admiral Ackbar says:

Whats this nonsense about Cambot being gassed? The Score just published an article. He’s let in 2 softies in the past 2 games. Weak games, yes. Tiring out? You need more data, asshats.

I guess that’s why they write articles and don’t actually make real decisions for a real team. Amateurs.

116. bendelson says:

barry.moore23:

Interesting…
    I suppose I’m going to have to figure out what to do with my current beard, which was born of the 2006 cup run. Perhaps I’ll just grow another on top of the existing…

117. Justthestatsman says:

Thanks for the old timey Hockey News stats, LT. I was just starting to get interested in hockey back then. Good grief, did Boston ever dominate the scoring in those days. The PP numbers for them are crazy. Esposito with 25 PP goals and Bucyk with 22. The 7 Boston players listed scored 79 PP goals. I know it was a different era, but for comparison, Colorado has only scored 27 PP goals so far this year!

118. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Melvis:
    Woodguy v2.0,

Haven’t had one.

119. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Admiral Ackbar:

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one here makes decisions for NHL teams and its just a gather place for armchair GMs???

WHAT THE HELL!?!??!?!?

120. Melvis says:

I suspect Nuge of “having” to play a more centric D role this year….with heavy emphasis on coaching related defensive responsibilies. I doubt if Peter and Tmac aren’t entirely ignorant of $6 mil misplaced in his current non-witchy role.

Next year is the tell. Some added balance in the off season leavening off the current role – and a return to 25+ goals next year killing it with smashing pie plate accuracy avec wrist shot sniping from ideal territory.

This is my dream today, anyway.

121. Admiral Ackbar says:

Woodguy v2.0,

Touché 😉 We aren’t published though. Well, not in the realm of hockey writers.

122. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Admiral Ackbar:

He started quite high (near .900) but has always had a very good 4v5 SV%.

I think the quick lateral movement might be what “goes first” when a goalie is fatigued.

Also,

The Borque goal was pretty weak yesterday. Others not as much.

123. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Admiral Ackbar:
    Woodguy v2.0,

Touché We aren’t published though. Well, not in the realm of hockey writers.

Most people here are better at knowing and talking hockey than anyone at that site.

124. blainer says:

Finally getting a chance to post .

Been globetrotting lately and am home for the weekend before heading out to Penticton for a week so just wanted to add a few things.

Looks like my prediction for us winning the division was not as far fetched as many thought. I will fall short of my crazy 109 point prediction though. That will happen next year.

I do think we will win at least one playoff series and maybe two. I was hoping for a better trade deadline this year that would take us on a deep run. That is still possible with a hot Cam.

Last night’s goals were not on Talbot. They were some beauty shots last night. I agree Rantanen has me excited about JP also.

125. Todd Macallan says:

Apparently I’m Ebs. His scathing description on the quiz reminds me of the clutch gunner he was in his WJC days. It is easy to forget this during his struggle this season and being on losing teams during his pro career, but I have a feeling Clutch Ebs is dying to get out, and we will meet him at least once this spring once the games start to count for real.

126. russ99 says:

Melvis:
    I suspect Nuge of “having”to play a more centric D role this year….with heavy emphasis on coaching related defensive responsibilies. I doubt if Peter and Tmac aren’t entirely ignorant of $6 mil misplaced in his current non-witchy role.

This is my dream today, anyway.

Sadly this year and the upcoming playoffs are the tell.

If you think management hasn’t been evaluating players this year (with more weight on high-pressure and playoff games) with Leon and Connor’s contracts on the horizon and the likely need to move an Austin this summer, you’re not paying attention.

I hope he has a good playoff run, but i wouldn’t bet on him being back considering how lost he’s looked in our offense.

127. unca miltie says:

wow. just got a chance to spin the wheel or whatever Loxy’s thing is and I am mcDavid..

128. Woodguy v2.0 says:

This is from last night, but I had no Al Gore until this morning, but wanted to respond to it:

VOR:
    Am I the only one who finds it ironic that this improbable victory featured the core members of the whipping boy’s club. Cagguila, Lucic, RNH, and Eberle were all big parts of that victory. Not to mention the exhausted young German. Hell, even the divisive Kris Russell chipped in. Oh and our backup goalie looked just fine. In other words those two points were brought to you by the players who inspire the most vitriol on this blog.

While I never mind a poke at the group to keep the group-think in check, this is a pretty unfair statement.

1) Lucic, RNH, Eberle – Much of the talk on the blog has been about how these 3 have finally come around over the last 4-6 weeks. They were the whipping boys in the middle months of the season for a reason, they were awful.

Most here recognized when they turned the corner and they were praised for it correctly and it was welcomed.

Drai went on a month-long dive in production as well.

This 15 game rolling average of their 5v5 pts/60 tells the story clearly: http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3138/ylE2Al.png

Are we not supposed to talk about these things while they are occurring in case they get better?

2) LB looked fine – yes he did and most mentioned that after the ANA game and were surprised that McLellan went with 33 in COL

The whole point of having an “Actual NHL back up” is so the coach is comfortable enough with him to play him and spell off the starter to manage the starter’s TOI and energy.

The Oilers haven’t had that all year and the coach is riding Talbot like a dray horse and that’s not a good thing.

LB having 2.5 good periods (16 shots vs ANA, 6 vs COL) *might* inspire McLellan to play him more, maybe not, but it doesn’t remove the truth that the lack of a backup has been a problem with this team all year.

Good to read your stuff as always Vor.

129. vinotintazo says:

Woodguy v2.0: 3) Caggiula – its entirely up to you to decide if one goal is justification to constantly play a player who is at or near bottom in all relevant metrics much more than others who are not. If so, that’s fine as its your opinion to have. To suggest that others are wrong because of the one goal is pretty thin.

Good to read your stuff as always Vor.

To be fair, he’s played a lot of his minutes on Center and RW.

130. Melvis says:

russ99,

Back of mind, that’s kinda what’s haunting me. There’s just something about that kid selling
    subs door to door in his youth that speaks to a north AB keeper.

But that, of course, amounts to little more than “personal sentimentality rules”, as opposed to the bigs – bidness as usual.

131. OilClog says:

Woodguy v2.0: I’ve written about CHI going from relying on unreal goaltending to being back to being CHI about 3 times now.

They went back to being a dominate team in early January.

Try to keep up so your trolls are at least current.

mayhaps you were premature and were never not dominate.. in some way or another.

132. Woodguy v2.0 says:

OSCAR.KLEFBOM 0.93
    ERIC.GRYBA 0.73
    ADAM.LARSSON 0.66
    MATT.BENNING 0.26

That’s good to see.

Also,

McDavid GF% ON and GF% OFF since Feb 14th.

ON 63.9%
    OFF 55.0%

That’s really good too.

On Feb 4th the Oilers’ GF% was, for the season:

McDavid On 59.2%
    McDavid Off 47.5%

Now its:

McDavid On 61.1%
    McDavid Off 48.8%

If they can finish the season 50% GF McDavid Off, I’ll break out the party hats!

133. Woodguy v2.0 says:

OilClog: Lol you’ve also stated their goaltending is horrible, how can horrible goaltending be unreal? Which is it?

I stated their goaltending was horrible?

Link please.

134. Woodguy v2.0 says:

barry.moore23:

Thanks for keeping the Gords appeased Barry!

135. jm363561 says:

Woodguy v2.0:

1) Lucic, RNH, Eberle – Much of the talk on the blog has been about how these 3 have finally come around over the last 4-6 weeks.They were the whipping boys in the middle months of the season for a reason, they were awful.

Drai went on a month-long dive in production as well.

2) LB looked fine– yes he did and most mentioned that after the ANA game and were surprised that McLellan went with 33 in COL

LB having 2.5 good periods (16shots vs ANA, 6 vs COL) *might* inspire McLellan to play him more, maybe not, but it doesn’t remove the truth that the lack of a backup has been a problem with this team all year.

3) Caggiula – its entirely up to you to decide if one goal is justification to constantly playa player who is at or near bottom in all relevant metrics much more than others who are not.If so, that’s fine as its your opinion to have. To suggest that others are wrong because of the one goal is pretty thin.

Good to read your stuff as always Vor.

=========

Totally agree with your points.

136. JDΦ says:

Todd Macallan: but I have a feeling Clutch Ebs is dying to get out

Did the tying goal snipe from last night lead to this feeling?

137. JDΦ says:

This one’s for Pouz:

138. Todd Macallan says:

JDΦ,

It was vaguely reminiscent of better times, yes. Everyone is obviously excited about super-supernova Mcdavid come playoff time, as am I, but I think Ebs could be a real wild card.

139. Professor Q says:

Todd Macallan:
    JDΦ,

World Juniors Magic™, may you find Edmonton home!

140. leadfarmer says:

Woodguy v2.0,

Did you hit the over on the goals last night? As we were talking about yesterday it was raining goals

141. Admiral Ackbar says:

Woodguy v2.0: My biggest concern about Talbot has been the constant decline in his 4v5 SV% over the last 2 months:

He started quite high (near .900) but has always had a very good 4v5 SV%.

Also,
    The Borque goal was pretty weak yesterday.Others not as much.

I thought the Bourque goal was an unfortunate bounce – Russell couldn’t block the pass/push the play in the direction Cambot expected it to go AND Cambot was caught out of position (not really a ‘didn’t get there in time’ issue.)

I think fatigue over getting to bed in Denver at 4AM could be blamed as much as his arduous workload – I submit my peer-review skepticism! 😉

142. leadfarmer says:

Please refer to Darlings and Crawfords GSAA this year. Nobody said their goaltending is horrible, nobody. In fact just a few weeks ago we were talking about what a smart move it would be for a team that needs goalering to go after Darling this offseason

143. Melvis says:

OK…here’s a “bidness as usual” anecdote from back in the day. Friday. Kicking back. Chillin’.

It’s also in keeping with the Beach Boys. I love that song. Don’t Worry Baby. How many times have we heard that over the years? Here’s another one, courtesy of a recent re-lease appraisal of another Mac i came across last night.

I was doing a session at Sound City. Van Nuys in the Valley. Located near Porn Valley. There was a Denny’s or some such located at the end of the street. One checked out the parking lot for the usual array of Benz’s, Jags and such before heading over to studio.

It’s about being fashionably late. It’s after midnight and Jeff Porcaro’s other Volvo P1800 wagon…the cartage guy’s, is sitting there. So he’s come and gone.

Dave Grohl now owns that Neve 8028 cosole. One could probably get a buzz from all the yayo that drifted through the cracks – which addled the tracks.

Late ’74, I think. I remember moments – less so chronology and calendar dates.

So this is a session for an “off the books”…meaning non-union scale demo for a close friend who shoud’ve gotten over, but didn’t. He had the looks, the chops, the voice, the charisma, and that built in stubborness about doing his own song writing. Unfortunately, the latter, not amounting to a hill of beans.

So anyway. The asst. engineerr is messing with mike placement and levels . I’m running a 16th groove off hi-hat and a lock in the pocket groove on Jeff’s kit. Basically the groove on A Clue from Bos Scaggs “Down Two Then Left”. Cans on my head. I’m unaware. I mean , how nmany guys get to play that on that kit? Fuck me.

Things are behind. This tall, hairy, skinny dude walked in – looking vaguely familiar – and he’s sucking up Keith Olsen time in the adjacent studio.

Jeff, Hoppy Hodges, and I are all playing on different tracks.

Now I’m done. Hangin’ in the lounge.

Hoppy says, ” Can I borrow a few bucks from you? I think I’m out of job.” And that was it for Buckinham /Nicks. Oddly enough, Stevie was still employed scrubbing out Keith Olsen’s toilets.

Hoppy saw the light. And it amounted to little more than a twenty watt bulb.

And as for Boyd, a once up and comer. Nada. He might be minding his granpappy’s old store somwhere along the lower Ohio. Last time I talked to him, he doesn’t even remember chilling my parents to their soles on his Martin. Still dreaming.

144. JDΦ says:

Melvis,

Keep ’em coming Mel – awesome stuff.

I enjoyed the Sound City doc by Grohl, and was surprised by the comments on how filthy the place was.

145. who says:

stush18:

His fenwick looks pretty good right now. 56%

I’m having trouble seeing him good. Think the play of Kassian is what drives that line. I don’t think he creates enough offense to make up for his sub par dzone play. Would prefer if they found a better two way option or just went with the top three centers they already have including Drai. I think signing him to any kind of mid to long term deal would be a HUGE mistake.
    On a side note, it would be nice to have Davidson back so the team had another option when Benning and Gryba are struggling.

146. Doug McLachlan says:

leadfarmer,

I get the Darling love – and share it – but Scott Darling’s first priority is to find himself a #1 starting goalie job, not another back-up gig. Expecting Dallas to try hard to get him as they sort out the disaster of $10m of cap space devoted to dreck.

On the issue of a back-up goalie I would cast us back to where we were last summer. Not a lot of love for “the Monster” nor for the fact that he jumped on him so quickly. I think we all agree this was a bad call but I’m not sure the other, preferred, choices were appreciably better options either.

Enroth did not work out in Toronto and have seen nothing to suggest he would have worked out much better here. We all liked Chad Johnson but also think we agreed that he was looking for a !B position, which looked to be what he found in Calgary earlier in the year as Elliot faltered out of the gate. The best option might have been Anders Nilsson but suspect that TMac had made his views clear on that subject at the exit interviews.

I don’t know what the Reto Berra price would have been but other than here, didn’t get much sense that he was seriously being looked at by Chia. I do think that he was seriously pursuing Halak but that the deal broke down because they couldn’t get the Islanders to hold sufficient $ or take sufficient $ back (Fayne?). I would have been more comfortable with a solid NHL back-up but the issue is cost – I am more comfortable with LB than adding a bad contract.

147. Admiral Ackbar says:

who: I’m having trouble seeing him good. Think the play of Kassian is what drives that line. I don’t think he creates enough offense to make up for his sub pardzone play. Would prefer if they found a better two way option or just went with the top three centers they already have including Drai. I think signing him to any kind of mid to long term deal would be a HUGE mistake.

I’d also add: merely being better than The Drake is not an argument for a new contract. I think there are many players that could fill that spot for cheap. 3rd line Cs aren’t scarce. Not to mention, the Oilers have 3 good Cs and a lack of wingers.

If the Drake can step it up next year or a UFA option can be found, good enough. Lil D should not be signed until long after July 1st.

I heart 3 scoring-lines.

148. JDΦ says:

who: I think signing him to any kind of mid to long term deal would be a HUGE mistake.

Yes it’s always better to aim higher, but with the musical chairs in the off-season and the league getting watered down by 23 players, it’s a good position to have DD getting a chance to retrack his career with the Oilers.

If he’s the best option after expansion and UFA season, it wouldn’t be so bad to have him back, depending on the definition of ‘reasonable’.

149. leadfarmer says:

Doug McLachlan,

Oh. I didn’t say coming here. I think we’d be pretty low on his list. I was thinking Carolina, Dallas, Vegas, or a team that has a young starter that may falter such as Winnipeg

150. dustrock says:

barry.moore23:

Oh, I’m doing the Joe “Caveman Lawyer” Thornton, season-long playoff beard because every little bit helps and my wife likes it.

151. Woodguy v2.0 says:

leadfarmer:
    Woodguy v2.0,

Did you hit the over on the goals last night?As we were talking about yesterday it was raining goals

I did put a couple units on the over.

I appreciate the heads up!

152. Doug McLachlan says:

leadfarmer,

Suspect Dallas is the front runner. There will be a considerable number of goalies in the rotation this summer. An upgrade in back-up is possible but LB may be the guy as well.

153. striatic says:

I wanted Sekera but got Klefbom. Not bald enough I guess.

Sekera’s play has been a significant factor in the improvement of the Oilers defence to “at least average” this year, and he goes a little unsung. Not totally unsung, but unsung enough that it ought to be sung a little more, all things considered.

154. who says:

JDΦ: To be fair to Stush, he only said a reasonable contract, so he may in fact agree with you.

I guess it depends on your definition of reasonable but I would be hesitant to give him anything over 2 years at 1 million per year. I would want to be able to bury him in the minors at little or no cost if everything went south.
    The problem with DD is he has not had any success except at the center ice position and he really hasn’t had much success there the last two years. This really limits how the coach can use him. For instance if we wanted to go back to our original three centers right now DD would probably have to sit. That is not going to happen right after we gave up a young dman for him so the coach is basically stuck playing him at center on the third line. I just think there are much better, more versatile options out there.

155. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Admiral Ackbar: The Oilers PK has been pretty terrible during that same period, though I can only provide evidence of the eye-test sort. They’ve truly been running around. It’d be interesting to have a ‘bad goal/# of shots’. While that introduces an incredible amount of subjectivity, I’d still suggest Cambot hasn’t been giving up bouncers from center. That Eaves goal against Anh was truly a softie though.

I know it looks worse lately, but consider these numbers:

Talbot’s 4v5 SV% goes off the rails about Feb 11th (was a game Feb 5th, next game Feb 11th)

Here’s the Oilers 4v5 metrics from Oct 11-Feb 5th (“Early”) and then from Feb 11th today (“Lately”)

Shots against/60
    Early 49.1
    Lately 46.1

Fenwick against/60 (unblocked shots)
    Early 68.4
    Lately 68.7

Scoring Chance against/60 (shots from the “arrow”)
    Early 24.2
    Lately 28.3

So the overall shots are down, unblocked attemps are about the same and Scoring Chances are up.

Certainly some of that data that supports your supposition.

I wonder if its all of it though as here’s the SV%

Early .895
    Lately .807

We don’t have puck movement data and that would be very instructive.

On the face of it I don’t see an extra 4 SCF/60 resulting in a drop of 0.088 (!!) SV%.

Some from column A (quality of shots) and a bunch from column B (goalering)?

156. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Doug McLachlan:
    leadfarmer,

I get the Darling love – and share it – but Scott Darling’s first priority is to find himself a #1 starting goalie job, not another back-up gig.Expecting Dallas to try hard to get him as they sort out the disaster of $10m of cap space devoted to dreck.

On the issue of a back-up goalie I would cast us back to where we were last summer.Not a lot of love for “the Monster” nor for the fact that he jumped on him so quickly.I think we all agree this was a bad call but I’m not sure the other, preferred, choices were appreciably better options either.

Enroth did not work out in Toronto and have seen nothing to suggest he would have worked out much better here.We all liked Chad Johnson but also think we agreed that he was looking for a !B position, which looked to be what he found in Calgary earlier in the year as Elliot faltered out of the gate.The best option might have been Anders Nilsson but suspect that TMac had made his views clear on that subject at the exit interviews.

I don’t know what the Reto Berra price would have been but other than here, didn’t get much sense that he was seriously being looked at by Chia.I do think that he was seriously pursuing Halak but that the deal broke down because they couldn’t get the Islanders to hold sufficient $ or take sufficient $ back (Fayne?).I would have been more comfortable with a solid NHL back-up but the issue is cost – I am more comfortable with LB than adding a bad contract.

Montoya was at the top of my list: https://twitter.com/Woodguy55/status/748938149326315520

Signed a one year deal behind Price, so was obviously good with being a back up.

Johnson had a decent year, Zatkoff had a bad year.

Montoya signed a 2 year extension in December as well.

Chiarelli signed Gus before MTL signed Montoya for $950K on a 1 year.

157. Melvis says:

JDΦ,

It was kinda dirty – come to think of it. I remember a birthday party, banquet table laden with food…hardly touched. Cause everyone was just so coked out. Bunuel’s Chien Andalou playing on a wall. Fuckin surreal. Michael Tolkin, screenwriter – (The Player, among other things)…wrote some interesting stuff about this time and place in the New Yorker.

Tom Skeeter and his partner were so generous. One could walk in with little more than a cassette or a guitar. Play a couple of tunes – and trade off half one’s non-existent publishing rights in exchange for late night hours. And all of these great LA session guys just hangin’ and sitting in.

You get off a stage manager, road manger 40 city tour, hit the beach for a couple of days and some r’n’r. And spend nights in recording studios, or clubs like the Baked Potato. Guys like Lee Ritenour, Louie Shelton, David Paich, David Hungate, Tom Scott, Steve Lukather, Vinnie Colaiuta, the Porcaro brothers show up. All these dudes. And you get to crap your drawers into the wee hours.

I was a wet behind the ears 21 year old kid from saskatoon sucking up personal – and later years Oilers metaphors – as it turns out. It’s a privilege…and extremely humbling.

158. JDΦ says:

Melvis: It was kinda dirty – come to think of it.

I think that quote may have been from the later days of Sound City, when things had gone down hill a bit. If I recall (50/50 – a bazzillion times better than Chach), the quote was “The carpet smelled like piss.”

This fellow S’toonian thanks you for your off-topic posts!

159. Admiral Ackbar says:

Woodguy v2.0,

Amazing breakdown!

I suppose my only skepticism would be:

As scoring chances increase, will save percentage drop in a linear fashion? It would stand to reason that it would not because more chances means more pressure and that would increase the likelihood of a goal.

For example:

1st shot 9.8% chance of going in
    2nd shot 12.5% chance of going in
    3rd shot 16% chance of going in

I’m only raising the question. Or I can’t come to grips with the idea of Dadbot being overused.

Ducey:

Leon Draisaitl and something about German engineering.

161. jimmers2 says:

I assumed that I would turn out to be Toby Peterson but in the end I am Stone Cold Sekeras. I’m cool with that, though I will have to shave my head in the morning. I’ll work on what to tell the wife.

162. Jordan says:

Here’s what I got:

Which Edmonton Oiler Are You?

You got: Connor McDavid
    You’re simply the best.

Additions I want to see added for the next edition:

You got: Fernando Pisani
    If it wasn’t for that damn Collitis, you’d have won the cup singlehandedly.

You got: Dwayne Roloson
    You’re old, and no one expects you to do well, but you do it anyways – as long as no one touches your knees.

You got: Raffi Torres
    Even your team mates think you’re one crazy fother mucker.

You got: Steve Tambellini
    No one knows how you are lucky enough to get the opportunities you do. Especially your bosses.

You got: Joey Moss
    No one has more heart than you – including that voodoo priest in “Temple of Doom”.

You got: Shayne Corson.
    …I’d say you should feel shame, but I know you can’t you terrifying sociopath…

You got: Borris Mironov
    Giant terrifying russian who breaks people with a slapshot. Yes, you would make an excellent Bond villain too.

You got: Chris Pronger
    …Yeah, we don’t know what to say either…