HISTORY IN REAL TIME

This is an historic evening for the Edmonton Oilers and fans of the team. For the first time in 27 years, at least one major award will be given out to an active player. That number could swell to three, and coach Todd McLellan and general manager Peter Chiarelli are also up for honors.

ART ROSS TROPHY

• 7 Wayne Gretzky (1981 to 1987)
  • 1 Connor McDavid (2017)

CONN SMYTHE TROPHY

• 2 Wayne Gretzky (1985, 1988)
  • 1 Mark Messier (1984)
  • 1 Bill Ranford (1990)

HART MEMORIAL TROPHY

• 8 Wayne Gretzky (1980 to 1987)
  • 1 Mark Messier (1990)
  • 1 Connor McDavid (2017)

This is one of the awards McDavid is up for tonight, he would be only the third Edmonton Oilers player to win the award. Amazing feat at 20, should it happen. My friend Bruce McCurdy mentioned on the Lowdown today there have been two men who  won this award at 20 (99, Sid) and possibly one more tonight.

JACK ADAMS AWARD

• 1 Glen Sather (1986)

Shameful that just one Adams went to Slats, the NHL would do well to remember their awards only have value if distributed fairly. Todd McLellan is up for the award this evening.

NORRIS TROPHY

• 2 Paul Coffey (1985, 1986)

LADY BYNG TROPHY

• 1 Wayne Gretzky (1980)
  • 1 Jari Kurri (1985)

VEZINA TROPHY

• 1 Grant Fuhr (1988)

TED LINDSAY AWARD

• 5 Wayne Gretzky (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1987)
  • 1 Mark Messier (1990)
  • 1 Connor McDavid (2017)

This is the other award Connor McDavid is up for tonight. I’m not sure which of the major awards McDavid has been nominated for has more value to the players, from a fan point of view I think the Hart has more prestige. Still, a big award and I will update if McDavid wins it. This is a big evening, an historic one. I genuinely hope you enjoy it, know that I will.

111 Responses to "HISTORY IN REAL TIME"

1. Truth says:

Predictions:

If McDavid doesn’t win the Hart there should be outrage. Best player in the regular season, hands down.

Crosby will win the Lindsay, only because McDavid will be considered “too young” by his peers.

If Karlsson wins over Burns, it will be a product of voters putting stock into playoff performance, which is total BS. It’s a regular season award.

I expect Babcock to win due to him coaching in the center of the universe. Should be Torts’ trophy all day. Babcock and McLellan did admirable jobs, but Torts did just as well with no superstars (Bobro is not much better than Talbot, if at all).

It would be comedic if Chiarelli won the GM of the year shortly after Reinhart leaves for nothing. But he won’t. Poile deserves it.

Truth:
    Predictions:

If McDavid doesn’t win the Hart there should be outrage.Best player in the regular season, hands down.

If Karlsson wins over Burns, it will be a product of voters putting stock into playoff performance, which is total BS.It’s a regular season award.

I expect Babcock to win due to him coaching in the center of the universe.Should be Torts’ trophy all day.Babcock and McLellan did admirable jobs, but Torts did just as well with no superstars (Bobro is not much better than Talbot, if at all).

It would be comedic if Chiarelli won the GM of the year shortly after Reinhart leaves for nothing.But he won’t.Poile deserves it.

Voting for Norris Trophy occurred before the playoffs started. Ditto for Hart, etc.

3. Truth says:

godot10: Voting for Norris Trophy occurred before the playoffs started.Ditto for Hart, etc.

I wondered that, but assumed that since the nominations were announced during the playoffs they voted some time during them. Good to know. Scratch off the Karlsson comment. Should be Burns without issue.

4. Brantford Boy says:

Pretty sure McDavid will be getting the nod for EA Sports NHL 18 tonight too… I know I will be grabbing a copy if it happens… I say McDavid is up on the stage 4 times in all!

5. Yak Efron says:

McTrophy!!

6. jp says:

Wow. Unbelievable!

7. LadiesloveSmid says:

Yay Connor!

8. tcho says:

Woohoo! Congrats, Connnor – quite an honour. I’m having a beer, and then…

9. JDI says:

I can’t believe that Panarin didn’t win the Ted Lindsay!

10. tcho says:

JDI,

Well, Petrell never won it either. Tough one.

11. JDI says:

SUCK IT KISSLER!

12. JDI says:

tcho: Tough one.

Just like Panbread winning the Calder.

Frank Seravalli‏Verified account @frank_seravalli 5m5 minutes ago
    McDavid is the second youngest player to win Ted Lindsay Award, behind only Crosby, and ahead of Lemieux. He turns 21 in January.

14. JDI says:

We Pick Pick Pickard you!

15. tcho says:

Ooooh. Exciting. Avalance selection. The sad thing is, Pickard may be moving to a better team.

16. Lucinius says:

I want to rag on Vegas for taking Sbisa, but.. who the hell else could you take? That team has gone downhill in a very bad way.

And I’m thrilled.

17. JDI says:

I’m enjoying the ‘V for Vegas’ theme of the presenter’s red dress.

18. JDI says:

Lucinius: I want to rag on Vegas for taking Sbisa

Look on the bright side – it will still hurt the Nucks to lose Sbisa!

19. tcho says:

Vegan’s jersey looks sharp.

20. JDI says:

tcho:
    Vegan’s jersey looks sharp.

But those Vegas jerseys make me want to vomit out my ass!

21. Yak Efron says:

McCover!

22. The Trade Guy says:

THe cover of NHL18. This McDavid guy might be a super star.

23. LMHF#1 says:

Why the attempted comedy?

Yuck…

And doing the expansion draft intermittently is just weird.

Odd picks which must mean a bunch of trades.

24. JDI says:

Snow opens wallet to avoid losing a quality defender.

25. The Trade Guy says:

Calgary better have paid something for them to take Englland

26. JDI says:

Engelland chosen from the Garys.

Confirmed, McPhee is close friends with Sweeney.

27. russ99 says:

Wow, the Islanders got fleeced.

28. JDI says:

Cringe!

29. --hudson-- says:

russ99:
    Wow, the Islanders got fleeced.

15th overall to keep Nelson & DeHaan and get some cap space. Some teams definitely gave up less than others

30. russ99 says:

Tortorella gets the Jack Adams curse.

Whew. Todd had a great year, and was deserving, but glad he didn’t get it. At least yet.

31. JDI says:

russ99: Tortorella gets the Jack Adams curse.

The PDO trophy/curse goes to Torts. Seems fitting.

32. JDI says:

russ99:
    Wow, the Islanders got fleeced.

Frank Seravalli‏Verified account @frank_seravalli 5m5 minutes ago

Lots of chatter #nyislanders pushed to move Grabovski’s $5M to possibly make a play for both Eberle and Duchene. Interesting next few days.

Some shoes yet to drop?

33. danny says:

The kid roasting the Dys was terrific

34. fifthcartel says:

Eberle for Strome is happening tomorrow isn’t it? Sigh.

35. russ99 says:

Kind of bummed that Yakupov isn’t going to Vegas.

36. JonyPro says:

Saw Griffin going, I’m happy since he doesn’t seem to have a high ceiling but annoyed since it took so much to bring him here and barely played him. God I hate Las Vegas….

37. LMHF#1 says:

Barring some crazy good trades, these guys are nuts.

38. russ99 says:

LMHF#1:
    Barring some crazy good trades, these guys are nuts.

Not many expansion picks stick for more a year or two, and they have to save cap room for draft picks and signings.

Gone as expected, grizzled veterans and kids with some promise, not many guys who could break into a top 6 or top pairing D of a playoff team, it’s not about this season.

39. Richard S.S. says:

Possibly Ryan Strome, Calvin de Haan and a 2nd for Eberle ???plus???

40. jp says:

Yuck.

Diving wasn’t penalized during the games, and wasn’t a factor in awarding the sportsmanship trophy. A bit of a shame.

41. russ99 says:

jp,

Pretty awful.

42. JDI says:

Bickell’s story is powerful.

Still not sure about Hossa…

43. anonymous says:

Richard S.S.:
    Possibly Ryan Strome, Calvin de Haan and a 2nd for Eberle ???plus???

Eberle would have to be the plus in that trade.

44. LMHF#1 says:

jp:
    Yuck.

Klefbom should have won it.

I’m not joking or homering. His stats in that context are phenomenal.

45. Professor Q says:

I still think McLellan took the Oiler further than Tortarella took Columbus.

46. jp says:

JDI:
    Bickell’s story is powerful.

Yeah, for sure. MS is rather ugly.

LMHF#1: Klefbom should have won it.

I’m not joking or homering. His stats in that context are phenomenal.

Agree completely, entirely aside from the diving issue. So much more difficult for a Dman to get through a season with so few PIM than a forward.

47. JDI says:

Professor Q:
    I still think McLellan took the Oiler further than Tortarella took Columbus.

YEAH WELL YOU CAN CRAM THAT UP YOUR ARSE!

Torts – probably.

48. JDI says:

Nate Schmidt: 6′ 1″ 194 lbs.

Smaller than your average NHL forward.

49. jake70 says:

Well Bettman got his shiny new toy in Vegas….should have been a relocation, not expansion IMO. Vegas is going to be better than many bottom feeder teams in last several years. I didn’t like the GR trade at the time…..now he’s out the door with those 2 2015 draft picks that should have been used on forwards to support the McDavid core going forward……waste.

50. LadiesloveSmid says:

Connor again!

51. Professor Q says:

jake70:
    Well Bettman got his shiny new toy in Vegas….should have been a relocation, not expansion IMO. Vegas is going to be better than many bottom feeder teams in last several years.I didn’t like the GR trade at the time…..now he’s out the door with those 2 2015 draft picks that should have been used on forwards to support the McDavid core going forward……waste.

More money from an expansion. Almost got Quebec too, but perhaps that wil lbe a relocation instead.

52. striatic says:

Wow. Lindsay and Hart. Players and press alike, they like our guy. It’s a good feeling.

53. jp says:

McDavid. Amazing, just damn amazing!!!!

Congratulations young man!!!

We’re not worthy!

54. Crazy Pedestrian says:

That’s right NHL!! Bask in the greatness that is to come… CONNOR MCDAAAAAVIIIID!!!

55. russ99 says:

Connor!!!!

Give the young man the hardware.

56. LMHF#1 says:

As it should have been.

Cue the pictures with the trophy pile!

57. JDI says:

Emm! Vee! Pee!

58. JDI says:

Connor hugged that young lady like she was his sister.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

59. Crazy Pedestrian says:

Anyone else notice McDavid wearing the new jersey on the NHL 18 cover? Doesn’t seem to look half bad!

60. leadfarmer says:

So that Vegas team is going to suck hind banana. How long before Neal wants out

61. Ducey says:

russ99:
    Kind of bummed that Yakupov isn’t going to Vegas.

They can pick him up on waivers

62. Jordan says:

The Golden Knights may not start with a good team, but they have a lot of assets to set themselves up – especially if they can move some of them for additional picks in future years, or real players.

2017 Picks

VGN 4th – to FLA.

2019
    CBJ 2nd
    NYI 2nd

2020
    PIT 2nd

I’m not saying I like their draft very much, but they did do a good job of extracting some assets from various teams. Depending on how they do in free agency, the team could still be respectable.

We wait.

Well done Connor. Thank you for dragging us back to respectability.

63. Evilas says:

Sooooo. How about that Vegas leftorium, hmmmm?

64. Crazy Pedestrian says:

Calgary definately benefited from this draft… they lost nothing…

65. Clarkenstein says:

So if Klowe were still GM I have no doubt he would send Vegas the Oil first pick in order to get Reinhardt back! He would figure it was no big deal giving up 3 first rounders for a player. Then he would send him to Bakersfield.

66. Cassandra says:

leadfarmer:
    So that Vegas team is going to suck hind banana.How long before Neal wants out

There is a lot of unnecessary veteran dreck on that team. I can only imagine it was on purpose and they want to keep some of these guys, but if they were smart they would immediately be trading all those guys over 30. None of them are particularly good.

It will be interesting to see who they choose to move. They have more players than they need, they should try and trade everyone over 27.

67. Crazy Pedestrian says:

Evilas:
    Sooooo. How about that Vegas leftorium, hmmmm?

I was just going to mention that… sooo many left shot players….

68. Cassandra says:

Jordan,

I agree, they did a good job getting the first round picks and getting Theodore, and then they turn around and take Emelin, Sbisa, Garrison, Schlemko, who if they can’t move are going to take up valuable playing time, clog up the roster, and cost a bunch of money.

I would add Methot to that category if they don’t deal him as well.

The forwards are better, though the Eakin pick is a bad one.

But too soon to tell, if they trade the veterans, they’ll have done well.

69. treevojo says:

Cassandra,

I think it will come down to whether McPhee believes these older players have more value now or at the trade deadline after being left in a position to succeed on the knights this season.

70. Pescador says:

leadfarmer:
    So that Vegas team is going to suck hind banana.How long before Neal wants out

Trade deadline,

71. Kinger_Oil.redux says:

– It is amazing that the same player they traded two picks for, a few years later, they weren’t willing to throw more picks at to save…Chia has big balls that’s for sure…Can’t make lots of trades like that

72. leadfarmer says:

Crazy Pedestrian:
    Calgary definately benefited from this draft… they lost nothing…

In fact I think they actually improved

73. Cassandra says:

treevojo:
    Cassandra,

Assuming they keep Engeland, and the jersey is a good indication they will, that means that if they don’t trade the veterans they are going to lose 5 useful D.

They need to make trades before the start of the season, but they are committed to Garrison and Engeland, and Stoner, Schlemko, Sbisa, and Emelin are all basically untradeable.

74. leadfarmer says:

So I’m curious why they passed on Grubauer Raanta and Mrazek

75. Crazy Pedestrian says:

After seeing vegas take reinhart, I’m now saddened at the fact that we lost three (possibly four) serviceable left shot d-man within the last 3 months… (Davidson, Reinhart, Sekera due to injury, and potentially Russell)
    Good bye leftorium… hello new position of little-to-no depth… ugh…

76. Southern Oil says:

Boy TSN is desperately trying to include Auston Matthews in the Connor / Sydney conversation. No wonder they call it the Toronto Sports Network.

77. treevojo says:

Cassandra: By my count they have 11 D who won’t pass through waivers + guys like Engeland and Reinhart who probably would pass through waivers.

According to capfriendly they have 14 d on their roster.

They should have no problem trading 6 of them.

78. franksterra says:

Follo
    Southern Oil,

I know. “Are McDavid and Matthews following in Sid’s footsteps?”

They got it half right.

79. franksterra says:

Question from a less informed casual fan

Do VGK’s picks affect an Eberle trade?

Acquiring a Barrie, Hamonic?

80. Klima's_Bucket says:

Reilly Smith anyone?

81. VOR says:

I want to ask the group a question. It comes from the previous thread. What do you each think an in shape NHL player looks like? What tests do you think an in shape NHL player should excell at? How about at the combine?

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I have no idea what the answer is to any of these questions. My experience in coaching and training athletes does not extend to hockey players. My limited knowledge of hockey fitness testing is from working with Art Quinney back when he was fitness testing the Boys on the Bus.

That said, I look at the numbers from the combine and think they are pretty bad overall but I work with older athletes. Not only that since I cross over from sport to sport I am comparing these kids to the best tests I have seen but those tests have come from many sports. For example, I am comparing these kids standing long jump to long jumpers and triple jumpers and world class ones at that. And their verticals to throwers. For those of you who don’t know throwers have the highest vertical jumps of any athletes. They might weigh over 300 pounds but they are springy monsters.

So what do you all think are reasonable standards? What do you mean when you say Griffin wasn’t in shape?

82. Ducey says:

Southern Oil:
    Boy TSN is desperately trying to include Auston Matthews in the Connor / Sydney conversation.No wonder they call it the Toronto Sports Network.

We can only hope Connor will be able to match Matthew’s potential

83. Ryan says:

VOR:
    I want to ask the groupa question. It comes from the previous thread. What do you each think an in shape NHL player looks like? What tests do you think an in shape NHL player should excell at? How about at the combine?

Lowetide said it best when he commented that Reinhart looked like a guy who tried to play himself into shape in training camp.

For fitness testing, I would go with VO2 max.

Unless you’re specifically training for long jump or vertical jumping, I don’t think these tests would be super useful for evaluation of a player’s offseason training or fitness level. Also those are largely genetically determined.

84. Gret99zky says:

Congrats to Connor McDavid! 3 major awards and some NHL 18 cover gravy.

I especially liked the kudos he gave the organization, the building, & the fans.

Classy.

85. JDI says:

Gret99zky: “I’m so proud to play in Edmonton, I’m so proud to be an Oiler, and I’m so proud to play with the guys.”

Clearly wants to sign a short extension and leave town asap.

86. Ryan says:

franksterra:
    Question from a less informed casual fan

Do VGK’s picks affect an Eberle trade?

Acquiring a Barrie, Hamonic?

Vegas has created one spectacular leftorium for themselves.

If Vegas had taken available right shot dmen (Manson, Dumba, Vatenen), there would have been an opportunity to trade with them. Teams are already lined up for Colin Miller.

Losing Reinhart hurts our now abysmal depth on d with Sekera injured.

Hope we don’t do the Rishaug and sign Russell to a 4×4 cap killing contract.

87. Scungilli Slushy says:

VOR:

The sports mentioned are those that are static in that they have one overall action in a never changing space.

Hockey is the most fluid sport with many aspects, unnatural devices (skates, ice and sticks). I’m not sure there are defining metrics in specific as many players have been lesser in combines and superior in play, and the opposite – physical specimens aren’t the best players.

What is important is cardio and recovery because of the speed of the game, leg/hip strength for explosiveness (but this is related to weight like horsepower in cars), and core strength because of the need to stay upright while being pushed, hooked and leaned on.

It would be different depending on body type as opposed to a defined standard, where I would imagine there is less physical variation in elite athletes in single action sports. As in how a decathlete looks different than competitors focusing in one particular sport.

88. N64 says:

VGN 4th – to FLA.
    2019
    CBJ 2nd
    NYI 2nd
    2020
    PIT 2nd

We heard last week McPhee had 3 new first rounders in the vault and a bunch more on the way. Playing the media to hype the market is part of the hand a GM has to play.

With all the D exposed and the hype he ended up with 2 new 1st rounders and Miller, Theodore, and Methot but not the shock and awe that was reported before hand. Certainly more than any expansion team started with (if we ignore the personal services contract that saved the Oilers from the knife).

Anyone want Miller tomorrow? 😉

89. VOR says:

Ryan, Thanks for responding.

This is all about my AI. It thinks it has found a pattern in combine data and how a players fitness is described online. It is torching poor Casey Mittlestadt after the problems he had at the combine. On the other hand post combine it is also down grading Josh Norris who killed the combine. The big climber post combine is Issac Ratcliffe. I have no idea why.

I am trying to figure out what people are thinking of when they say someone is out of shape. Also which tests might be predictive. Standing jumps actually predict one rep squat Max’s which predict skating speed (or at least potential skating speeds). They aren’t genetically preset by the way. Do lots of Olympic lifting, As and Bs, and plyometrics and you can increase vertical and long jumps considerably in most athletes. Few are close to maxed out.

90. N64 says:

19:40 by Ken – SinBinVegas
    Griffin Reinhart – selected 4th overall in 2012. There might be the best player in the team in a few years.

Don’t laugh too hard. D Men and Sundials and all that. But he still better not be their best player in a few years.

91. VOR says:

Ryan,

Meant to say I personally like VO2 Max as a test. But fatigue, or rather the ability to deal with lactic acid is probably critical as well. See Scungilli slushy’s comment.

92. VOR says:

Scungilli slushy, thank you for responding. Great point. I think it is easy to forget how dynamic an environment hockey is played in.

93. pocession charge says:

N64:

Anyone want Miller tomorrow?

If it’s cold? Sure, why not.

94. Ryan says:

VOR:
    Ryan, Thanks for responding.

Yes, I have previously glanced at studies looking at predictive factors for skating speed, so I am familiar with vertical jump’s utility.

I wasn’t saying that vertical jump isn’t a useful measure to evaluate hockey players. More specifically, I was suggesting that I don’t think it would be very useful to discern relative fitness levels of professional hockey players.

Many years ago I was a national level athlete who trained year round for a sport relying on lower body strength, explosive power, and aerobic and anaerobic capacity.

I also had a friend whom I played basketball with regularly. We were identical in height and reach. He smoked half a pack per day and never worked out. His vertical jump was about four inches higher than mine.

95. "Steve Smith" says:

I just saw a commercial for Wheaton Toyota featuring Mark Spector.

WHY WOULD ANYBODY PAY MARK SPECTOR TO ENDORSE THEIR PRODUCT?

96. Scungilli Slushy says:

VOR:

No problem. If you need a baseline for what the lowest thresholds should be drop me a line. I’m available!

97. Scungilli Slushy says:

“Steve Smith”:
    I just saw a commercial for Wheaton Toyota featuring Mark Spector.

WHY WOULD ANYBODY PAY MARK SPECTOR TO ENDORSE THEIR PRODUCT?

I know, a pending divorce, need to lower profit.

98. VOR says:

Scungilli slushy,

But sadly cardio fitness (wingate, etc.) as measured at the combine doesn’t seem to correlate directly with NHL success. And the scores the scores these kids post aren’t good by the standard of aerobic/anaerobic sports. Yet Gretzky and Anderson were right up their with great cross country skiers and cyclists. I am truly not sure what to make of that, other than that Gretzky could have been a truly great 800 runner. Anderson was more of a 400 meter runner.

For years the operative theory was that the best cardio athletes in hockey matched well with high end athletes in cardio determined sports but that it really wasn’t essential to their subsequent success. Many NHL players were and are no better than these kids and are still superb hockey players. So where is there a pattern we can grab on to and use to make predictions?

99. Edmonton_fan says:

jp: Yeah, for sure. MS is rather ugly.

I have MS – it is a challenge; not ugly. Nothing compared to my co-worker who had his left leg chopped off last month due to Diabetes. Not even close to my 1st wife who died from Scleroderma at the age of 31.

Hockey players have speed bumps along their journey – but they are getting paid quite well to play a sport they love.

Perspective!

100. Ducey says:

“Steve Smith”:
    I just saw a commercial for Wheaton Toyota featuring Mark Spector.

WHY WOULD ANYBODY PAY MARK SPECTOR TO ENDORSE THEIR PRODUCT?

You have a new line of personalized shooting targets?

You broadcast his voice to keep teenagers from loitering outside your mall?

You are looking for a replacement to waterboarding?

101. Pescador says:

“Steve Smith”:
    I just saw a commercial for Wheaton Toyota featuring Mark Spector.

WHY WOULD ANYBODY PAY MARK SPECTOR TO ENDORSE THEIR PRODUCT?

Having trouble sleeping?
    Try these Spector Hot take sound bites:
    “If you score more then the other team, you usually win the game”
    Zzzzzzzzz

102. Richard S.S. says:

Connor McDavid could now easily ask for $12.5 – $15.0 Million per year for as long as he wants. He can now ask for anything he needs – like better forwards?

103. Pescador says:

Gret99zky:
    Congrats to Connor McDavid!3 major awards and some NHL 18 cover gravy.

Classy.

Makes me proud to be an Oilers fan

104. Pescador says:

Richard S.S.:
    Connor McDavid could now easily ask for $12.5 – $15.0 Million per year for as long as he wants.He can now ask for anything he needs – like better forwards?

105. VOR says:

Ryan,

In your training did you use power drills, true plyometrics, Olympic lifting, and jumping drills?

106. Dominoiler says:

The players sure are bigger nowadays.. i remember Mess getting the Hart in 90, but the trophy was so much bigger.. now the one McD got is a little toy version.. when did they shrink down the trophy?..

107. HT Joe says:

Pescador: Ahh but now the paradox. How do you afford these better wingers when his contract eats up so much of the cap?

One could start by trading away players with hefty cap hits who didn’t look like playoff contributors this spring… BRING ON THE TRADES!! 🙂

108. Genjutsu says:

I wonder if it would be possible to get Radulov and Markov from Montreal. I also have dreams about Joe Thornton.

Chia likes his vets and there are reasons why all three might consider a short term lower $ contract.

Fun summer is just getting going.

109. Evilas says:

Dominoiler:

110. Tapdog says:

Dominoiler:

Maybe with Johnny hockey set to take the Lady Byng, the league figured it best to not give out trophies that were bigger than the players?????

On that note, how in Stan Weirs name could Kelfbom on finish 5th in that race?????

111. Tapdog says:

jp:
    Subscribe to our RSS FeedFollow us on Twitter

HomeContact

Yes I agree on the no worthy part. wow Gretzky and now McDavid!!!! Beyond words for our good fortune.

What I liked when McDavid was announced for the Hart, after the family hugs and kisses, he turns to shake the hand of Chiarelli then McLellan.
    The boy is respectful…. Great work to mom and dad in maIntaning values in a young man who has had everyone kissing up for who knows how long.