PS G8 2017-18: OILERS AT CANUCKS

“When I think something nice is going to happen I seem to fly right up on the wings of anticipation; and then the first thing I realize I drop down to earth with a thud. But really, Marilla, the flying part is glorious as long as it lasts, it’s like soaring through a sunset. I think it almost pays for the thud.”

-Lucy Maud Montgomery

My Mom used to start getting cross around 4pm or so, my anticipation of the (single) Hockey Night in Canada game rising with each passing minute. When the Bugs Bunny show came on at 5pm, my brother would join me and we’d settle in to watch. I never did settle though, because the game was only a few minutes away. All these years later I can still remember the butterflies. Mom would be in the kitchen, Dad would be in the shop straightening nails and throwing them in Rogers Syrup cans (children of the depression wasted nothing, it was a sad and sobering hobby, but I thought he was nuts) and my brother and me would be laughing at the Acme Company. I could never describe my childhood without an elaborate chapter on the Saturday HNIC game and its central role in my week. I watched it all: the game, the intermission, the standings and leading scorers (updated with afternoon results!) and the closing credits. The saddest day of my year came with the final SCF game. The CBC would run the full version of the theme song (da da da DA-UH!) while running a year’s worth of credits, and then finally fade and the network would be off to the Whiteoaks of Jalna or some blasted thing.

I loved summer as a kid, and baseball was my passion during those months. By September, I was ready for the increased frequency of The Hockey News at the Rexall Drugs and the scores on the radio. Nothing, not anything, was better than the start of hockey season and another lash at the damnable Habs. In my mind’s eye, Bobby Orr remains frozen in time, dashing the hopes of Glenn Hall, Noel Picard and all of the other men not named Bruins.

Hockey is back on Saturday nights. Welcome, friend.

OILERS CURRENT ROSTER

• It sounds like we’re going to see something close to an opening night lineup, so the top four lines (possibly JP replacing Jokinen), the top three pairings (with Oscar Klefbom’s presence a question mark) and Cam Talbot getting the net.
  • Kailer Yamamoto should have gotten one of the last two preseason games. He is getting both. That’s a tell.
  • Ryan Strome has had the quietest training camp for a new hire since Ben Eager.

KAILER, JESSE AND THE DUKE

• Peter Chiarelli on KY’s strong camp: “I’m mildly surprised but based on what we have seen of him last year in junior, I told Todd he might be challenging at development camp. And he has. He’s such a smart player and a sturdy player for his size, great edges and great speed. He doesn’t hold on to the puck too long because he’s smart. He’s done everything to make the team right now.” Source
  • Peter Chiaraelli on JP: “He’s more confident, he’s done training in the summer, he’s done more explosive training you can see that in his training. He’s in a competition now, our team is getting better. Jesse’s status, in that he can go to the AHL gives us more options. He can go there, you can pull him back, versus Kailer when you send him down you can’t pull him back until his season’s done.” Source
  • Same interview has PC saying they’ve elevated Matt Benning to second pair and he’s curious to see how things turn out. Curious is an interesting word.
  • Peter Chiarelli on Chris Kelly: “He’s performed well. We have to see how these things turn out with Yamamoto and Jesse, and there’s a number of other variables. Chris has done well, he’s skating better than he did last year. He’s a great character, I’ve seen what he can do in and out of the room.”

I think the Chiarelli quote about Yamamoto has iron in it. PC made took special care to mention it wasn’t breaking news before stating it, but the possibility of sending JP down and keeping KY in Edmonton is clearly being explored and discussed. Yamamoto is the better offensive player today and that’s the need, this much is true.

ROSTER PRESSURE POINTS

Fussy Britches has the Oilers trying to trade Mark Fayne (with salary retained) followed by a Chris Kelly signing. I’ll confess to hoping for a Colin Miller trade but suspect the club likes their investment in Yohann Auvitu enough to Let it Ride. So, the roster decisions may go like this:

• Injured reserve Andrej Sekera, Anton Slepyshev, Ryan Stanton, Tyler Benson, Brian Ferlin.
  • Waive Mark Fayne to Bakersfield.
  • Send Jesse Puljujarvi to Bakersfield.
  • Sign Chris Kelly.

PROJECTED ROSTER

• Patrick Maroon (72, 23-17-40)—Connor McDavid (80, 37-73-110)—Leon Draisaitl (79, 26-58-84)
  • Milan Lucic (82, 18-28-46)—Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (74, 17-28-45)—Kailer Yamamoto (NR)
  • Jussi Jokinen (71, 15-19-34)—Ryan Strome (76, 19-21-40)—Drake Caggiula (70, 12-10-22)
  • Jujhar Khaira (45, 3-2-5)—Mark Letestu (76, 10-10-20)—Zack Kassian (74, 11-14-25)
  • Chris Kelly (NR), Iiro Pakarinen (10, 1-1-2)
  • Oscar Klefbom (77, 15-29-44)—Adam Larsson (78, 4-14-18)
  • Kris Russell (64, 1-9-10)—Matt Benning (71, 6-19-25)
  • Darnell Nurse (55, 4-12-16)—Eric Gryba (28, 1-2-3)
  • Yohann Auvitu (29, 3-5-8)
  • Cam Talbot (64, 2.42 .920),  Laurent Brossoit (16, 2.94 .907)

Complete RE’s are here. If the names above hold true, Kailer Yamamoto and Chris Kelly will be the only two men I missed during the reasonable expectations series.

• Biggest concern: The defensive quality and depth. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an early season trade.
  • Second biggest concern: Penalty kill.
  • Biggest surprise: Kailer Yamamoto. I thought he could do it, but this was a massive accomplishment.
  • Biggest disappointment: Ryan Strome has been quiet.

This will be the only post today as we return to normal game day format. Would you prefer a morning post and then the GDT later? I think we’ll go with tradition but am open to new ideas.

312 Responses to "PS G8 2017-18: OILERS AT CANUCKS"

« Older Comments
  1. Munny says:

Jethro Tull,

Wasn’t a completely dominant period but very strong other than a couple of brain farts.

2. SK Oiler Fan says:

Pescador,

Well you have a canucks homer and a flames homer. Pick your poison

3. Munny says:

Love the penalty call from 100 feet away. No call from the near ref. NHL needs to figure this out one of these years.

PK looking stronger tonight.

5. OriginalPouzar says:

Oh, dear, Adam, that was terrible.

6. Professor Q says:

Stop to wait for a bus, get off the phone, and see Draisaitl score! Sweet!

7. whale says:

Does anyone have a link to the game for a Diehard in Phoenix. Previously a YouTube link was great. Thanks

8. Munny says:

Klefbom made sure that time on the clear.

9. Professor Q says:

whale,

Onhockey usually has good ones! Maybe. Possibly. You never heard it from me here.

10. Munny says:

4th most visited website in N. America and it’s like they don’t exist lol:

Please bookmark.

11. OriginalPouzar says:

Klef and Larsson have had tough nights tonight.

I am liking Russell on the left side – throughout the preseason – I’m also seeing Benning pretty good – those two might be getting used to each other.

12. OriginalPouzar says:

Stuart Skinner with a bounce back night – only lets in one (20 shots) in a 4-1 win.

Leon scored again.

14. OriginalPouzar says:

What a shot by Leon.

15. Munny says:

Drai knows his targets tonight. Dailed in.

16. OriginalPouzar says:

Poor play by Benning at the blueline and they give up the lead with a shortie.

17. Munny says:

This feels like a Canuck game from ye olde Dark Ages circa 2013.

18. Gret99zky says:

Peter, get on the phone. This defence is not going to cut it.

19. T0ML says:

Drai I looking like he took his hockey pills today …

20. pocession charge says:

Uncharacteristically soft play by Benning. He needs to refocus.

21. whale says:

Thanks Pokecheck

22. oscarmike says:

pocession charge,

Actually it was a stupid call for the Coach to use him on his off wing. He had to use his backhand.

23. pocession charge says:

Munny:
    This feels like a Canuck game from ye olde Dark Ages circa 2013.

Except that we’d be thrilled with a 2-2 tie in Vancouver at this point of the game.

24. Munny says:

Like I said a few days ago, Penalty Trouble looks like a bigger issue than Penalty Kill.

25. The Concept JDî says:

Rogers Library and this broadcast team. Hoo-boy.

26. Pescador says:

Gret99zky:
    Peter, get on the phone. This defence is not going to cut it.

I fear the only call he will be making is to the farm,
    Maybe Sekera’s doctor

27. Gret99zky says:

Nurse looks lost out there.

28. pocession charge says:

oscarmike:
    pocession charge,

That’s where Benning is going to play on the power play because of his right shot. He has to make that play and he would tell you the same.

29. Munny says:

Cags with the dumbass penalty.

Then Nurse playing somewhere in the Korean DMZ…no man’s land.

30. Munny says:

My Gord whatapass from Drai

31. OriginalPouzar says:

Geez, McDavid and Drai really are great together in the offensive zone.

32. russ99 says:

Darnell’s positioning and Gryba’s skating is really poor tonight.

Like I was saying all summer, need a veteran cover man for Darnell. Kind of bummed Gryba’s cheap deal swayed Peter in not doing so.

33. pocession charge says:

Amazing passing play for McDavid and Draisaitl. Sedin-like.

34. Munny says:

The Concept JDî:
    Rogers Library and this broadcast team. Hoo-boy.

I may have to crack a beer to numb the numbness.

35. GMB3 says:

oscarmike:
    pocession charge,

Off wing? He’s a defenceman. And he was on the PP.

36. Seismic Source says:

Sedins are absolutely invisible tonight.

37. russ99 says:

Benning is jittery tonight, relax and play your game, like in the playoffs.

38. The Concept JDî says:

Munny: I may have to crack a beer to numb the numbness.

Reasonably comfortably numb.

39. Munny says:

The Concept JDî,

Gonna pop the top on a Farmer’s Daughter by Half Hitch Brew Co… and I’ll let you know.

40. Dino says:

As wonderful as Drai and Mcdavid look, the rest of the team is too weak to not seperate them in the regular season.

Also defence looks pretty bad except Klef and Russell.

Also wtf happened to Caggiula? Worst Oiler all preseason.

41. Melvis says:

Kinger_Oil.redux,

Yeah, I loved it there. Had a 2 floor in the corner unit. Main floor living area on the 2nd floor and two bedrooms on the third. They were all rental units when I lived there…shared with an Air Canada flight attendant who was never home – even when she was home. It was the perfect relationship;-)

Also close knit neighbours in the other units. It was about as perfect as it gets.

42. pocession charge says:

The defence aren’t inspiring my confidence right now. Nurse, Gryba, and Benning need to get going. Russell is the only guy who I’m not worried about amongst the four.

43. dessert1111 says:

Not much clarity to the RW situation and those guys fighting for a regular role. I think Chiarelli might make a move for a RD – he must not be confident with what he’s seen leading into the season. Benning shows flashes but lacks consistency in his new role, and Gryba looks more like a 7/8 than a 6.

44. Professor Q says:

McDavid and Draisaitl seem to glide and dance on the ice when they’re together.

Works of art that hopefully last a long time and into the playoffs on multiple occasions.

3-2 VAN after two, 18-14 Edmonton Corsi for 5×5, shots18-13 Oilers.

46. pocession charge says:

dessert1111:

Agreed. Add a RH guy to play with Russell and move Benning back with Nurse. It’s the right thing to do.

47. Munny says:

Mmm, great body and yet a little tart too…

48. Munny says:

Dino: Also wtf happened to Caggiula? Worst Oiler all preseason.

He hasn’t impressed me except for moments. But it’s pre-season. If I’m GM, I’d like to see how these guys are after a few more practices and when they’re playing for realz. I’d give’em all 10 games, but would be looking into the market for Cags in case.

49. Munny says:

You know if the Dman has to take two steps over to block Nuge’s ingress, that is interference.

50. Munny says:

I don’t think Klef is 100 percent.

51. The Concept JDî says:

John Garrett is almost making me feel sorry for Nuck fans.

Almost.

52. russ99 says:

I’ll take that penalty all day.

Too much chippy garbage by the Nucks this period.

53. The Concept JDî says:

That’s one way to get both Sedins off the ice.

54. ashley says:

Patty Maroon showing his “great hands” again.

Nobody gets more point blank glorious chances in this league than Patty.

55. rickithebear says:

Nurses giveaway is a reflection of repeatability of play.
    Another of the theories i could not articulate.
    A. Souray having dramatic mistakes versus the mistake you saw from nurse. They are the same.
    B. Souray had one of the best mistake per 25 shifts rates.
    C. Klefbom and nurses mistake per 25 shift rates are not good.
    D. I defended souray, fistric. Based on repeatability. Most of you mocked it.
    E. I defended staples approach. Most of you mocked it.
    F. I was too tired trying to get you to understand hd theory and true situational means.
    Volman,s bastardized and inacurate was what you got cause it was 2 acis you saw in school.
    You saw process but mocked the 3d matrix sctter patterns i could see in my brain.
    I did not realize every human could not visualize 3 to 10 axis matrix and arrays.
    Players charts so inaccurate.
    G. It became evident that none of you were able to think the game at the needed 3 to 10d matrix level to develop these theories.
    H. You are still unable to break down the game.
    K. Thier is a direct corelation between mistake per 25 shifts and ga.
    L. Mistake per dhift is 66% more accurate than DFF. You guys do not get that!
    M. Your lack of understanding iand presentation of false data does the fans a diservice.
    N. PDO is a bull shit stat. The variance in situational mean, hd shot density, open/ closed shot rates, hd save%, open/closed save% can clearly show the variance. Which you guys mocked. And do not get.
    O. Off dmen abandon def of hd path which leads to high goal based mistakes per shift.
    P. Almost all Off Dmen generates even offence at 4th line to 1st line AHL forward rates.
    Q. You want transition passing to forwards who generate even offence at 4-6 times better rates than Dmen.
    R. You want your forwards to have better tornover postional understanding. So they can defend NZ, allowing Dmen to press blueline and then colapse to hd edge if entry gained.
    S. Nurse is poor in all 3 def measures.
    T. Klefbom is poor in 2 of 3 def measures.
    U. Russel has the highest % of 0% goal corsi per ca60 ( resulting from forward/off dman offensive failure.) which you guys do not get.

Can any of you provide us with ideas that do not come from my base theories and provide value.

PS: LT you know i have taken much mocking on here.

It is a legitimate question., My wife has reviewed many of main stream radio and article based presentations involving my base theories. As she suffered thru the 11pm to 3-4 am. Rainman beutiful mind sessions. She informs me as an editor in the industry that not crediting me with my theory and allowing me to review articles stating i do not support tjis determination is unethical and firable.

I have been contacting many of media groups relying on my base theories. Asking them to review all articles and podcast crediting me with it. And alowing me to comment on the validity of said artifles and pod cast.

I once again ask that you do not profit off my theories with databases; articles; and radio work i have clearly indicated as false representation of all said theories.

Since all theories were presented at this site and hf boards. Learned ftom these sites. I look forward to all those who benefited, respecting my wifes request. Give her the respect i would give if you spouses suffered the hours comitted.
    Hold yourselves to the ethical standard she is bound too as a reprter and editor for sun/post media.

56. Nuclear leak says:

Yesse has been making something happen everytime he gets a run with Nuger and looch

57. Munny says:

Maroon sure has been snakebit this pre-seaze.

Still that was quite the Stooges skit on the 3 on 1.

Gonna need another Farmer’s Daughter, errrr beer, to get me to the finish line.

Gotta make this powerplay count boys.

58. The Concept JDî says:

Okay, I’m siding with boring guy on the ‘more penalty shots’ thing.

59. Nuclear leak says:

X through Z Larsson?

60. Munny says:

ashley:

Nobody gets more point blank glorious chances in this league than Patty.

😉

61. Gret99zky says:

If Lucic played any more casual he would need a smoking jacket and a pipe. Fucking preseason.

62. Gret99zky says:

Munny: Wow, you must watch a lot of hockey games–like, all of them–with pencil and paper in hand to boot.

Are you sure you’re not drinking whiskey?

63. Jethro Tull says:

rickithebear,

Nice post up to the PS. Now I suggest you FO.

Ok, maybe a little strong, but I’ve been here a year or three. I know you’ve hard a tougher time than most. But there comes a time when sympathy and best wishes run out and the grace allowed for said trials and people start suspecting that maybe all is not how you paint it…… Stop this nonsense, please. You do add to this blog, but not with this. You remind me of New Age Sys who insisted he invented modern hockey tactics.

64. Nuclear leak says:

Lucic is visually quicker at his leisurely pace

65. Munny says:

Klefbom might not even be at 98 percent.

66. OriginalPouzar says:

Caggulia, Strome and Nuge have had a strong third period.

67. Munny says:

Whewf, that was an ill-advised pass by McDeity

68. russ99 says:

rickithebear,

I hear ya, there’s a dearth of defensive analytics, and the ones that do exist don’t have readily accessible data.

Wont be too much longer until the NHL adopts player and puck positional chip tracking, then this will be all too obvious.

NBA has it already, watch for the MIT Sloan conference in Feb, I suspect there will be quality analysis there from the NBA tracking data.

69. The Concept JDî says:

These Vancouver radio ads are making me reasonably uncomfortably numb.

70. Munny says:

Gret99zky: Are you sure you’re not drinking whiskey?

No one ever goes Full Munny.

Well except for those poor British male strippers.

71. Munny says:

The Concept JDî:
    These Vancouver radio ads are making me reasonably uncomfortably numb.

I’d lend you a Farmer’s Daughter but they keep winking at me.

Gret99zky:

He’s played like that ever since he became an Oiler. Milan Lucic, power play net front presence specialist seems to be what the Oilers are paying $6 million per season for eternity for.

73. The Concept JDî says:

Okay, just have to win a faceoff here. Oh, wait…

74. Munny says:

Well would’ve been nice to see some 3 on 3 practice this pre-season.

That’s where they’re really gonna miss Sekera. In OT.

75. Gret99zky says:

Gross. Lost to Vancouver

Those that haven’t made their Hunter Death March prediction please carefully consider our atrocious defence before making the prognostication.

76. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Russell looks so much better on the left side. Passes on the tape and with a purpose way more often than we saw last year. 2LD doesn’t look like the weak spot with Sekera out.

Unfortunately, BenningForCalder might not be ready for prime time.

Nurse is starting his one year of experience for the 3rd year in a row.

Gryba is not a #6 NHL Dman. #8 at most and #7 in a pinch.

No sir, I don’t like it.

77. digger50 says:

ashley:
    Patty Maroon showing his “great hands” again.

Nobody gets more point blank glorious chances in this league than Patty.

Your Maroon hate is showing…..again. Thought you may give him a little break this year.

78. OriginalPouzar says:

Sounds like Slepy will be headed to Cali for conditioning.

Unless they do something terrible like signing Kelly, that likely means both Yamamoto and Puljijarvi will break camp in NHL.

Will JP play over Jujhar?

79. Gerta Rauss says:

OriginalPouzar:
    Sounds like Slepy is going down for conditioning.

That’s what I took from TMac’s comments as well

The nice thing is that they can just assign him to Bako for x games without actually sending him down for a conditioning stint(which uses up a roster spot)

Kinda solves the JP/Moto issue as well

80. Gerta Rauss says:

I don’t think we should be rioting in the streets after losing tonight’s game but Chia must see the same things we see-this team has a few deficiencies

Could be an interesting 72 hours before the Calgary game Wed

81. Jaxon says:

Watching Gudbranson tonight, he seemed to show up in good spots against tough competition. A possible deadline pickup for a playoff run?

82. The Concept JDî says:

Gerta Rauss: I don’t think we should be rioting in the streets

Well where should we riot then? Woodguy’s lawn isn’t big enough, and there’s still a lot of tar on it from the last riot.

83. Gerta Rauss says:

The Concept JDî: Well where should we riotthen? Woodguy’s lawn isn’t big enough, and there’s still a lot of tar on it from the last riot.

Well, I’m an hour north of downtown Vancouver-riots are old news ’round these parts

30% off pitchforks this time of year to boot

84. GMB3 says:

I don’t mean to say this to be all doom and gloom, and I know it’s only preseason. But damn, as if there was even a discussion at one point between who the better prospect was regarding JP and Laine.

Laine is a beast. I remember scouting reports knocking his skating but he sure looks like a better skater than JP in my limited viewings.

85. Pescador says:

Oscars foot had the flu,
    I don’t know how much more I can take

86. deardylan says:

What is the best question to ask about this pre-season?

Did the Oilers coaching team reach their objectives in this pre-season?

How much will this the preseason matter in regards to the Oilers winning the Stanley Cup in 2018?

Insert Your Question Here:

87. PunjabiOil says:

RW and defence is a mess.

2 near rookies (JP/KY) and a sophomore (Slepeshev) and Kassian.

We really couldn’t have upgraded on Gryba?

This team looks better with one of Vrbata/Jagr and Franson.

And points in October are just as much as those in March.

88. McSorley33 says:

Benning
    Nurse
    Gryba

Wow

89. McSorley33 says:

McDavid
    Drai

Anyone?

Anyone?

Hello…….

Anyone?

90. Thinker says:

Missed everything but 5min of the second. Who puts esks and oil on at the same time? Can say that Mike Reilly is a not the MOP candidate he was 2 months ago. Hope Franklin gets in.

Oil gotta be careful, it’s hard to play catch up in this 3 point league. Few too many bets for my liking.

91. VOR says:

ricki,

When you post material on a public website you are placing it in the public domain.

If you want to take a different approach learn how to properly protect your intellectual property.

For example you could trademark “the ricki-box”. I can think of a number of other approaches you could attempt but you should really seek legal advice. And listen to it. Basically, your intellectual property protection is only as good as your willingness to defend your ownership of that property.

As for your demand for respect, typically respect is earned. If you presented your information in a more conventional format supported by sources or well documented original research you would be much closer to garnering the respect you seek. Better yet present your information at major statistical events.

I would suggest starting with poster presentations. Perhaps support that with peer reviewed articles in major journals. The next step would be contributing to panel discussions, then perhaps speaking in plenary sessions. Additionally you need to start supporting that with media interviews discussing your ideas in detail. Ultimately if your ideas are good enough you will become a regular speaker at these events like Michael Schuckers. Though it would be helped greatly by having your own website and maybe publishing something like a version of Rob Vollman’s Hockey Abstracts.

Now of course this will slow the dissemination of your ideas since each new idea needs to go through this same process.

If on the other hand you continue to post every new idea you have here as soon as it occurs to you they will continue to be part of the collective wisdom and the creative commons. And our host owes you nothing. He has met his obligations to you by providing this site and the audience that goes with it. Getting people to respect you and acknowledge your work isn’t his job or his responsibility it is yours.

92. HT Joe says:

Hunter: Can you please put me down for 88 points? Thanks.

93. Munny says:

A 3-2 loss in pre-season has the ledge in full-force,

After out-shooting and out-Corsi-ing the opposition,

It happens.

My Gord.

I’m guessing we will have to go 82 and 0 nomattawhat for some posters to be happy.

On the other hand there is some reality coming to unreasonable expectations.

The PK will not be flawless every night, neither will the defense, not even McD will be.

Expecting things to be so is unreasonable.

94. deardylan says:

Hunter

Put me down for a 97pts guess in honour of our 97.

Oilers keep us in suspense all season, barely make it in and then rock the playoffs on their way to first stanley cup finals. TSN Turning Point: Nurse gets in a fight, he gets nursed back to health, then wakes up his offense mojo and dominates the D for rest of the season! #JediMindTricks

95. OriginalPouzar says:

Day off today – won’t be any news I wouldn’t think.

Tomorrow should be interesting – should be players in waiver wire worth thinking about.

Vegas will need to waive 3 dmen i think.

96. OriginalPouzar says:

Slepy didn’t have a setback – he’s sick.

97. HeavySig says:

Munny:
    HeavySig,

I grew up in Vermilion and we weren’t one of the rich families, but my Dad had a 40 foot mast off the top of the bungalow roof with the Edmonton antennas at the top… bought used, of course.Second highest antenna in town (somebody had a 50 footer).

There were some dicey Grey Cup mornings in late November with Dad up on the icy windswept roof hand-turning the antenna, and Mum at the door relaying my shouts from me watching the TV screento see if the channel would come in.

If we would nail it all the other male teachers at my Dad’s school would end up in the living room, including the Phys ed teacher, who was also a football and hockey coach.Being strangers in a strange land, that was how Dad and I learned about football (and hockey). 20 years later I’m sitting beside Stauffer and Sexsmith in the press box of Commonwealth at the Grey Cup calling yardage, ball carriers, tacklers etc to Johnny for the PA.

I thank that damn antenna and my pop’s even more damned determination.I think Mum’s pulse has only stopped racing just recently lol.

Love this story, I can picture a determined man braving the elements to get the best picture via a chain of family yelling at each other.

I seem to recall that Spoiler had some great stories about our hometown as well; Marauders FTW! Maybe you are Spoiler reborn, I don’t keep up as much as I used to.

98. HeavySig says:

Pescador: Tar on Woodguy’s lawn, potatoes in Lowetide’s living room, everyone is stealing from Ricki.
    Oscars foot had the flu,
    I don’t know how much more I can take

I read this in Tom Waits voice and it makes a great post even better.

99. jake70 says:

Hmm….turn on TV with Sunday am coffee and see some sort of attack in E town….hope everyone ok.

100. OriginalPouzar says:

With Slepy on the way to Bakersfield most likely, unless they keep Fayne up (and go with 8D) or shockingly sign Kelly, looks like the roster is set. With that said, I have no idea what the lines will look like for opening faceoff on Wednesday and I don’t know who will be the 13th forward – JP or Khaira (with Pak as 14).

With Benning having a very uneven exhibition season, it sure would be nice if we could get a Collin Miller or even a Cody Franson for some extra help on the right side.

What are the chances? Come on Monday roster moves!!!!!!!!!

101. Kmart99 says:

I’ve said this before, but I’m still wondering what others think…

Maybe he refuses to sign in Edmonton, I dunno. But the Oil are sooo thin on RW.

102. Kmart99 says:

Hunter, I would like to take 93 pts this season.

103. Kmart99 says:

jake70,

Just read the Globe and Mail article. Thoughts with the victims.

104. flyfish1168 says:

Kmart99:
    I’ve said this before, but I’m still wondering what others think…

Maybe he refuses to sign in Edmonton, I dunno.But the Oil are sooo thin on RW.

Good theory. I also want to throw in the idea that he wants to much $$ and PC unbelievably is saying no to this due to the idea for using it at trade deadline.

105. Woodguy v2.0 says:

HeavySig: I read this in Tom Waits voice and it makes a great post even better.

OH
    MY
    GOD

That’s freaking perfect

106. Diablo says:

Hunter – put me down for 102 points.

107. OriginalPouzar says:

Kmart99:
    I’ve said this before, but I’m still wondering what others think…

Maybe he refuses to sign in Edmonton, I dunno.But the Oil are sooo thin on RW.

Maybe the Oilers have? I would think they’ve been in contact with Jagr’s camp over the free agency period.

Others disagree but I still firmly believe he has no desire to come to north western Canada to finish his career.

108. Lewis Grant says:

Thinker: In an interview, Kailer was asked if he had anything helping him during his outstanding preseason to which he replied “Yeah my mojo.”

I believe we have a winner in the Yamamoto nickname contest!

It sure beats “Yammer” or “Yamo” – and it comes from the man himself.

Yeah, my mojo!

Or just “mojo” for short?

109. Lewis Grant says:

Kmart99: Since JP needs a little more time in Bako, and KY should head back to jr after 9 regular season games, why don’t the Oilers offer Jagr the one year contract he wants?

I completely agree.

If he ends up with the Flames instead I’m going to lose it. Hamilton, Versteeg, Foo, Hamonic…

110. leadfarmer says:

Will someone wake up LT.

111. Thinker says:

Lewis Grant,

May or may not have actually happened.

« Older Comments