G15 2017-18: Oilers at Devils

In the 1960’s, people began to take action to make things safer. The vehicle industry scrambled after the release of Unsafe at Any Speed, people began to worry about the planet when the Cuyahoga River caught fire June 22, 1969 and DDT became a must to avoid. Still, there was danger that would be unrecognizable for modern humans, things I saw that you never will and that makes the world a better place. I rode the Boston Bar-North Bend “Ariel Ferry” and can say with authority it wasn’t as fun as it looked!

This week is the Boston Bar-North Bend Ariel Ferry for Oilers fans. Get across safely and all is well! Things are looking rosy! Fail, and it’s a long way down. Such is the state of the Oilers in the Pacific Division. Oh,one more thing: What do I remember most about the ride over on the Boston Bar run? The rocking of the entire contraption. Lordy.

THE ATHLETIC!

There’s still time to take advantage of the special Lowetide introductory offer which is here. Among the items on the menu today are:

One of the questions I posed in the (just dropped) Puljujarvi piece is “can JP beat goalies clean with his shot?” and I do think that’s a big item when discussing the player.

PIKES PEAK, YEAR OVER YEAR

• Oilers in November 2015: 2-2-0, goal differential 0
  • Oilers in November 2016: 2-1-1, goal differential -2
  • Oilers in November 2017: 2-2-0, goal differential -1

Game Five in 2015-16 was a 4-1 loss to the Arizona Coyotes and last year saw Edmonton lose 4-3 to the Pittsburgh Penguins. The current edition of the team is running alongside previous McLellan Novembers, and maybe they take the lead this evening in Hoboken.

AFTER 14, YEAR OVER YEAR

• Oilers 15-16: 5-9-0, goal differential -6
  • Oilers 16-17: 9-4-1, goal differential +7
  • Oilers 17-18: 5-8-1, goal differential -12

G15 in 2015-16 was a 4-2 loss to Chicago and the following year saw a 3-2 loss to the Dallas Stars. A win tonight moves this year’s model three points ahead of 2015-16 and within six points of one year ago.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM NOVEMBER

• At home to: Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Detroit (Expected: 2-1-0) (Actual 1-2-0)
  • On the road to: NYI, New Jersey, NYR, Washington (Expected: 1-2-1) (Actual: 1-0-0)
  • At home to: Vegas, St. Louis (Expected 1-1-0) (Actual: 0-0-0)
  • On the road to: Dallas, St. Louis, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (Expected 2-2-1) (Actual 0-0-0)
  • At home to: Arizona, Toronto (Expected 1-1-0) (Actual 0-0-0)
  • Overall expected result: 7-7-2, 16 points in 16 games
  • Current results: 2-2-0, four points in four games

This is it, then. New Jersey is 6-3-1 in their last 10, the Rangers are on a terrific streak (five wins in a row), and Washington is 5-5-0 in their last 10.  Win two of three and we’re crawling from the wreckage. Lose two of three and it’s take the long way home.

PATRICK MAROON

Bob Stauffer was contemplating Patrick Maroon’s future yesterday, using his “I don’t know but I know” voice in discussing the possibility of this being the big man’s final season. I didn’t hear the conversation, but it sounds like Edmonton is going to want to add speed on the portside. For me, Maroon is an attractive option for re-signing, but the cap probably won’t allow anything that begins with a four. We see this all of the time, feature role given, value contract established, free agency, boom! Big contract with the New York Rangers. Been this way ever since the world began. I still think Maroon may end up signing with Edmonton, but if Peter Chiarelli identifies a suitable (and less expensive) option he may proceed with a trade to make negotiations moot.

THE NEED FOR SPEED

I think we’ll see a speedy winger added, maybe even on this road trip. Players keep getting hurt (Slepyshev likely to draw in for Caggiula tonight) maybe we see a Frank Vatrano or Michael Grabner come back west with the team after this road trip.

LOWDOWN WITH LOWETIDE

A fun, busy morning on the Lowdown beginning at 10 this morning, TSN1260. Scheduled to appear:

• Bruce McCurdy, Cult of Hockey. Talbot was brilliant in Brooklyn, can he do it again?
  • Brian Rode, Marmot Basin. We’re back! Another season of brilliance in Canada’s wonderland.
  • Rob Vollman, ESPN and NHL.com. Vegas, baby! Plus Duchene trade.
  • Frank Seravalli, TSN. Trade list and can the Oilers crawl from the wreckage?

10-1260 text, @Lowetide on twitter.

539 Responses to "G15 2017-18: Oilers at Devils"

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »
  1. Pouzar says:

Woodguy v2.0: Russell FF% with (in order of TOI together)

Benning 50%
    Gryba 42%
    Nurse 62%

Gryba FF% with partners (in order of TOI together)

Nurse 67%
    Russell 42%
    Autivu 66%

Thx WG…what I figured.

2. Romulus Apotheosis says:

The devils are only playing Hall in this game because of that old coach’s saw about “playing against your old team”

3. Woodguy v2.0 says:

29 back on 97’s PP1

That’s good to see

4. OriginalPouzar says:

So, Slep’s injury was a groin thing.

Lets hope he’s 100% as groin injuries have a tendency to re-occur.

5. Munny says:

Hopefully that Benning relay isn’t a microcosm of the passing this game.

6. Munny says:

I blame that one on the breakout.

7. digger50 says:

Man, these devils can scoot!

8. Romulus Apotheosis says:

Get that ficus a stick, he’s going in!

9. hunter1909 says:

Oilers defence(rightly) gets little respect from 30 other NHL teams.

Instead of backing off toward their own zone, the opposition routinely sends 2-3 players in to stir the pot and a lot of the time it works against Chiarelli’s folly.

10. Munny says:

If only we could complete a pass in the neutral zone. Damn Klingons.

11. hunter1909 says:

I was just about to say …

“Hey! It’s 0-0”

12. Zelepukin says:

oh my at this game.

Every Devil pass is on the tape.

Oil are about 3/20 on passes so far.

13. Munny says:

Don’t think I’ve seen a frozen puck whistle since about 1985.

14. hunter1909 says:

Hey! It’s only 1-0 New Jersey.

15. SayItAin'tSo, Gretz, SayItAin'tSo! says:

Skating in quicksand to start this game.

16. verite says:

Chiarelli us an abject incompetent
    Gas he been fired yet?

17. hunter1909 says:

Oh dear.

18. Munny says:

Nuge has had two passes this game thus far… both to New Jersey.

19. leadfarmer says:

Zelepukin:
    oh my at this game.

Every Devil pass is on the tape.

Oil are about 3/20 on passes so far.

Don’t worry im sure someone will post an advanced stat about how much better we are than the Devils. We are Kings of the slow Corsi. We would have been awesome 10 years ago

20. TheVengeFulOne says:

Already need to score 3, since Hall hasn’t scored yet.

21. leadfarmer says:

Oh yeah 0 SOG halfway in the first period. Sure let’s trade our futures

22. hunter1909 says:

Last season’s team always seemed to take low percentage chances but hustled harder to turn adversity to advantage.

This season’s team play entitled hockey. Like they think they’re better than they really are.

23. Scungilli Slushy says:

Signed up at the A Mr Mitchell. You better blow it out of the water, for rocking our boat you old bastard.

🙂

24. hunter1909 says:

Munny:
    Nuge has had two passes this game thus far… both to New Jersey.

He made a great hit…or the New Jersey player gave RNH a great hit/takeaway behind Talbot.

25. verite says:

RNH is a horror

26. Mr. D. says:

Did they have their rookie party last night?

27. treevojo says:

Didn’t we have possession ?

28. Zelepukin says:

hunter1909:

Just the way every one plays like no pass will be picked off, no shot blocked, no one will battle us in the corners.

29. Pouzar says:

treevojo:
    Didn’t we have possession ?

Yes we did. Very odd. Thought the penalty was on Oil.

30. GMB3 says:

“Team speed isn’t important”

31. hunter1909 says:

Zelepukin: 100%. Entitled hockey is exactly that. Pump their tires in the off-season. Pumpin’ tires after every win.

I’ve just realised:

It’s freaking 100% a coaching issue.

32. Munny says:

Well that’s a little better.

33. Pouzar says:

Get ready for the lame equalizer call.

34. Pouzar says:

Oilers look like dog shit again.

35. Melvis says:

Choices, choices.

I was at home. North Hollywood. Chillin’. Catching up . Shedding all that sleep deprivation related over long tour related crap. Patty Hearst, SLA,, endless other shit on the tube. The Nixon years.

A couple of weeks earlier I was in Atlanta, wating on a flight. From the lounge window I watched the TWA flight pull up short of it’s gate. The ground crew pushed the stairway out there. The first four dudes out were carrying a stretcher case. So were the next four, followed by a number of bandaged up walking wounded. The rest of the company followed suit, bedraggled….heads hanging low.

I was 20. In outward appearance, some those dudes were my high school friends. And yet I had no clue of their experience. And they, none of mine. We were so fuckin’ worlds apart.

I was waiting for the phone call from Kat, my partner at the time…an editorial assistant at Playboy. She was late and I was chewing on the worry bit.

Finally, the phone goes off. Not Kat. It’s my good friend Brooks. One of the twenty feet from stardom tenors. Engaged to Steve Cropper at the time.

“Melvis, get your ass down here. So far, the drummer’s a no show. (Arab oil embargo..so called. Short on gas.)

Fantastic! I pack up the stick and cymbal bags.

One step out the door and the phone goes off again. It’s Kat. Finally.

“I was at the Mansion…hooked up with Robert Towne ( the screenwriter.) I’m calling from Malibu. We’re at Faye Dunaways. We got to talking. Sorry…but you kinda came up. “Faye” asked me to invite you over. Bob and I have another thing to attend. So get your ass out here. ”

This was in the time of Chinatown…one of my favorite movies. What the hell? WHAT THE FUCKIN HELL?

There’s the still point. The one we all share on this blog

I can’t do both things and somethings got to give and I’d already made a commitment.

Needless to say, Dunaway scared the shit out of me. And all those co-stars. Oy vey.

“Damn Kat, I can’t make it. I’ve got a session in the making with this rimo Memphis Cat. Errr,can I take a rain check?”

“Suit yourself , you idiot.”.

I drove down to the studio on Sunset…chewing on this turn of events. Chances are, Miles of Aisles was on the deck.

Fuckin’ drummer shows up at the same time I do. I sit it out.

Yvonne Elliman is a really lovely woman, but her ccurrent day stupidity has her rotting on Guam on meth and pot charges. Brooks, a former equestrian runs a horse horse farm 30 miles southeast of Atalnta.

“Honey, I been kicked so many times, I don’t know if I’m coming or going”.

Brenda Russell, Brook’s singing partner, who I first met at a gig at the Agridome in Regina when a member of had a coupe of hits and wrote the music for Oprah’s Broadway version of the Color Purple.

Dunaway, who was into rock types more than movie types, married Peter Wolf from the J.Geils band. several months later. Oddly enough, I’d had a beer with him in a St.Loius lounge several weeks earlier.

I never met Faye Dunaway.

Some choices just don’t pan out. Sometimes, none of them do.

N’est-ce pas?

36. Gret99zky says:

Todd has 97 and 29 out there again. Maybe the Mrs. buys Todd a subscription to the A for Xmas and he can start on the Willis articles.

37. Pouzar says:

My Word we are slow. JJ is cooked.

38. Crazy Pedestrian says:

Sooo… what realistic chance do the oilers win this game after not getting the first goal?

39. Munny says:

Pouzar:
    My Word we are slow. JJ is cooked.

Goosey Jokinen

40. Crazy Pedestrian says:

Gret99zky:
    Todd has 97 and 29 out there again.Maybe the Mrs. buys Todd a subscription to the A for Xmas and he can start on the Willis articles.

EARTH TO TMAC… TRY SOMETHING NEW!!! OTHER TEAMS KNOW HOW TO NUTRALIZE YOUR 1 SCORING LINE!!!

41. OriginalPouzar says:

Underwhelming first period – the 2nd 10 minutes were decidedly better than the 1st 10 minutes at least.

42. Melvis says:

Jeez, talk about loosing track of the time change;-)

43. treevojo says:

Melvis:
    Choices, choices.

I was at home. North Hollywood. Chillin’. Catching up . Shedding all that sleep deprivation related over long tour related crap.Patty Hearst, SLA,, endless other shit on the tube. The Nixon years.

Fantastic! I pack up the stick and cymbal bags.

One step out the door and the phone goes off again. It’s Kat. Finally.

This was in the time of Chinatown…one of my favorite movies.What the hell?WHAT THE FUCKIN HELL?

There’s the still point. The one we all share on this blog

“Suit yourself , you idiot.”.

Fuckin’ drummer shows up at the same time I do. I sit it out.

Yvonne Elliman is a really lovely woman, but her ccurrent day stupidity has her rotting on Guam on meth and pot charges. Brooks, aformer equestrian runs a horse horse farm 30 miles southeast of Atalnta.

“Honey, I been kicked so many times, I don’t know if I’m coming or going”.

Dunaway, who was into rock types more than movie types, married Peter Wolf from the J.Geils band. several months later.Oddly enough, I’d had a beer with him in a St.Loius lounge several weeks earlier.

I never met Faye Dunaway.

Some choices just don’tpan out. Sometimes, none of them do.

N’est-ce pas?

You got my vote for a guest poster.

Keep them coming.

44. Munny says:

Melvis,

Great story. You had me at Chinatowne.

45. treevojo says:

Melvis Mondays it is.

46. fishman says:

Absolutely nothing from JJ and Letestube! Look done. Kass skating around looking dazed and confused. Boy we need an infusion of speed!!! Cagguila helps and maybe JP??

47. treevojo says:

I could handle a church with chachi Sunday as well.

48. Crazy Pedestrian says:

These are the lines I would try at the start of the second:

Kassian-McDavid-Slepy
    Maroon-Nuge-Drai
    Lucic-Strome-Pak
    Joke-Malone-Letestu

Then throw McDavid or Drai into the 3rd or 4th line at random.
    Honestly, they need a fire under their asses. Maybe Kassian or Slepy catch fire with McDavid?

49. Yeti says:

Melvis,

Steve ‘the Colonel’ Cropper? Far out.

50. treevojo says:

Everybody told me everything changes when you turn 40.

That happened November 8th.

Coincidence?

51. Pouzar says:

fishman: Boy we need an infusion of speed!!!

It’s embarrassing now.

52. Zelepukin says:

Crazy Pedestrian: Yes…

He probably follows @snstats and saw that they are highest scoring duo since the start of last season.

53. hunter1909 says:

Melvis: Fuckin’ drummer shows up at the same time I do. I sit it out.

LOL

54. OriginalPouzar says:

Samorukov with a goal and an assist in the first period against the OHL.

Wells has let in 2 goals on 7 shots – he’s been struggling recently, not as bad a Skinner but still not great.

55. TheVengeFulOne says:

100% Oscar Klefbom. Hurry up and trade him for Dal Colle. We can replace him with internal competition between Simpson and Jones.

56. Pouzar says:

I’m gonna f^cking scream if that village idiot doesn’t split Connor/Drai up soon.

57. treevojo says:

This is the first game since Calgary that I feel Edmonton has got their bend don’t break mentality of last year.

Please don’t make me look stupid Oilers.

1-0 NJD after 1
    12-7 shots NJD
    Corsi for 5×5 20-9 NJD

59. hunter1909 says:

OriginalPouzar:

Don’t worry.

Just as soon as Kevin Lowe sensationally makes a return to NHL coaching.

ps: Having a single double whisky. Only a single left in the bottle, better left until later.

How the fuck else can anyone enjoy this freaking team?

60. hunter1909 says:

1-0 NJD after 1
    12-7 shots NJD
    Corsi for 5×5 20-9 NJD

Welcome stranger!

61. hunter1909 says:

TheVengeFulOne:

I love it when they trade defencemen away.

62. TheVengeFulOne says:

hunter1909: Don’t worry.

Just as soon as Kevin Lowe sensationally makes a return to NHL coaching.

How the fuck else can anyone enjoy this freaking team?

I mostly play on my phone…

63. hunter1909 says:

McDavid has got to be injured.

Last season he never once had the puck taken off him. Or that’s the way I remember.

This season he’s getting checked and the puck stripped off of him wtf!?

ps: also he’s flat out missing his super speed.

64. Pouzar says:

JJ-Strome-Pak………….

Sorry but I have no idea how we got here. Last post. Too negative tonight. FUCK!!!!!!!

65. hunter1909 says:

TheVengeFulOne: I mostly play on my phone…

That reminds me. I’m thinking of replacing my shredder with a hand held one. Have you ever used a hand held paper shredder?

Has any Lowetide blogger ever used a hand held shredder? Are they any good?

66. OriginalPouzar says:

Pouz, maybe if you were “an original” you’d be able to relax a bit?

67. GMB3 says:

McDavid with a bit of a run at hall

68. hunter1909 says:

Pouzar: Too negative tonight. FUCK!!!!!!!

Whisky helps.

69. Melvis says:

Frankly, i need a sober editor.

Next up, James Bond and one too many at the Riot House on Sunset…one of these days.

70. OmJo says:

GMB3:
    McDavid with a bit of a run at hall

Look what you caused Chiarelli!

71. GMB3 says:

Pouzar:
    JJ-Strome-Pak………….

McClellan loves Pak way too much. Frankly our top line doesn’t look great either

72. hunter1909 says:

Melvis:
    Frankly, i need a sober editor.

I could tell a few Goldfinger stories; but I’d be talking about a real life person.

73. The Precog JDî says:

Melvis,

Any Laurel Canyon stories?

74. treevojo says:

Sleppslappy

Slepy scored.

76. Munny says:

About time lol

77. OmJo says:

SLEPYSHEV!

78. Pouzar says:

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. GMB3 says:

Slepppyyy!!! Pouzar I hope you are feeling a bit better now

80. treevojo says:

Bend don’t break bitches

81. Ribs says:

It’s plays like that where you can appreciate what Lucic brings.

82. thehop says:

#thisiswhathappenswhenyouFREESLEPYFFS

83. thehop says:

Give him 20 games with the skill lines.

Good things will happen.

84. OriginalPouzar says:

An even strength goal by a young player playing 2RW?

Nothing better could have happened.

85. GMB3 says:

Ribs:
    It’s plays like that where you can appreciate what Lucic brings.

It’s plays like that where I appreciate what Slepyshev brings.

86. Ben says:

Oh god please someone GIF Sleppy trying to “stay loose” on the bench.

87. Munny says:

Who are these guys?

88. OmJo says:

Good shift.

89. treevojo says:

Love me some larsson

90. Pouzar says:

thehop:
    Give him 20 games with the skill lines.

Good things will happen.

This.

91. hunter1909 says:

Whining Devil loser.

Beat these losers Oilers!

92. GMB3 says:

How does Coleman not get two there for taking a run after he got hit there? Garbage

93. hunter1909 says:

treevojo:
    Love me some larsson

Snap!

94. hags9k says:

I was critical of Strome after the first handful of games so in fairness I feel I should say he has looked much better to my eye the last handful. He’s starting to grow on me. Not as dynamic as we would like but he’s making a lot of nice little plays.

95. Pouzar says:

GMB3: Pouzar I hope you are feeling a bit better now

Sober Pouzer is a grumpy Pouzar!

96. Gret99zky says:

Home cookin’ reffin’.

97. OmJo says:

Taylor Hall river-pushing on the PP right there.

98. Munny says:

Some puck bounces going our way thank Gord.

Oh Benning

99. hunter1909 says:

I’m learning to Hate Benning fast this season.

100. OmJo says:

Can’t complain about that call considering the refs let the highstick by McDavid go.

Good thing away PK >>>>> home PK…

101. Acumen says:

Taylor Hall is terrifying.

102. treevojo says:

OmJo:
    Taylor Hall river-pushing on the PP right there.

Are you still talking about your good shit?

103. hunter1909 says:

LOL Call up Keegan Lowe!

Everyone can watch his heart being broken with the current incarnation of this team.

Cancels Kevin’s debt to the true fans(Lowetide etc).

104. OmJo says:

Too close Oilers….

Let’s try to stay out of the box after this kill, yeah?

105. OmJo says:

If McDavid picked that off better, that’s a breakaway right there and probably a shorthanded goal.

106. Ben says:

Just gotta hang on here for another…*checks clock*…twenty six minutes. Ummm.

107. Melvis says:

The Precog JDî,

Yeah, actually. But the smog got in my eyes somewhere between Chandler and Ellroy.

108. Zelepukin says:

Lucic. 3 guys below the blue in their zone, including a tired Dman and he just blindly throws it out front.

109. hunter1909 says:

Thank you to whoever put Nurse with Larsson.

110. Munny says:

Three great attempts to score by KBomb.

111. Pouzar says:

Russell hits the red line and stops skating. Every. Time.

112. Zelepukin says:

have to bury those Klef.

113. jzed says:

Was starting to scream at Sleppy about over handling the puck, when he beats me to it and actually shoots, so what am I supposed to scream at the TV now? Keep shooting Sleppy, I like!

114. Munny says:

Nurse shouldn’t do that.

115. OmJo says:

fuck…

116. hunter1909 says:

Nurse played like a fool.

117. Gret99zky says:

Wow. That’s weak D.

118. hunter1909 says:

LOL its okay I am going to have another whisky.

update: the 1 single whisky left in the bottle turned out to be a large double.

: p

To the Preds!

119. treevojo says:

Munny:
    Nurse shouldn’t do that.

Agreed.

No need to force.

120. Zelepukin says:

Latestu is just useless.

121. OriginalPouzar says:

Much better high energy period but I have no idea how Stafford was able to get to the net and cross the crease for that goal.

That can’t happen.

122. OriginalPouzar says:

OriginalPouzar:
    Samorukov with a goal and an assist in the first period against the OHL.

Check that – looks like the assist was taken away.

123. Soup Fascist says:

Wow Nurse and Letestu – ALSO IN PICTURE.

124. Zelepukin says:

OriginalPouzar:

That can’t happen.

Talbot didn’t play the angle on that well either. He was backed up too far.

125. hunter1909 says:

I still think Oilers come out with at least a point tonight.

Oilers have McDavid/Draisaitl who are superior to anything NJ has got in return.

Oilers are like the old Stars with Modano+company. Checking but with high octane skill to take you out at the 2-2 part of the third period with 5 minutes left.

126. Acumen says:

Letestu has to be so much better there.

127. OmJo says:

I could be wrong but didn’t something similar happen last year when we played the Devils?

End of the period, a Devil hit Russell hard into the boards and Lucic came by to introduce himself?

Weird.

128. treevojo says:

hunter1909:
    I still think Oilers come out with at least a point tonight.

Pray to the church of chachi

129. hunter1909 says:

lol @ Lucic

130. hunter1909 says:

Acumen:
    Letestu has to be so much better there.

Hopefully the management aren’t counting on him or Caliggula. Although Caliggula’s a fun player.

131. SayItAin'tSo, Gretz, SayItAin'tSo! says:

OriginalPouzar,

Duel fail on Nurse and Talbot.

Nurse totally blew the play but it looked like a Talbot lost his post

132. Pouzar says:

Split them up FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

133. Dino says:

Cue the comeback boys! Here’s hoping the first line waking up in the 3rd.

134. hunter1909 says:

SayItAin’tSo, Gretz, SayItAin’tSo!:
    OriginalPouzar,

Duel fail on Nurse and Talbot.

Nurse totally blew the play but it looked like a Talbot lost his post

Nurse got his ass kicked, after lollygagging around the other team’s zone for too long.

135. Pouzar says:

SayItAin’tSo, Gretz, SayItAin’tSo!:
    OriginalPouzar,

Duel fail on Nurse and Talbot.

Nurse totally blew the play but it looked like a Talbot lost his post

Nurse in the Ozone.
    But Letestu has to have that check in front.

136. hunter1909 says:

Dino:
    Cue the comeback boys! Here’s hoping the first line waking up in the 3rd.

I can almost personally guarantee a thrilling 3rd period tonight.

These Devils are the Washington Generals to these Oilers.

137. OriginalPouzar says:

Safin with 4 shots on net but no points in a 5-4 loss.

138. texmex says:

In 5 road games this season, the Oilers have scored more than 1g in regulation once. Hmmmm.

Need that to change says captain obvious.

Also, in what universe in PAK better than Kass?

139. treevojo says:

SayItAin’tSo, Gretz, SayItAin’tSo!:
    OriginalPouzar,

Duel fail on Nurse and Talbot.

Nurse totally blew the play but it looked like a Talbot lost his post

Nothing wrong with throwing that puck behind new jerseys net and getting back in position.

Too bad cause he was having another dominant game till that point.

Saying that klefbomb needs to score from the slot earlier.

140. Kinger_Oil.redux says:

– Higgins, from Magnum PI – dead. A burden being known for one thing. Says he “retired” in 1999

141. dessert1111 says:

FWIW, I vote as much stays the same as possible. For every evening post that LT can’t pen, I welcome a guest post. Perhaps people can email LT or his designate to apply to be on the guest roster, and they can rotate. Congrats again.

With every day that passes I am assuming they are just waiting for Sekera, but unfortunately that won’t fix the hole on RW, so I’m optimistic they’ll do something there within the next short while. Our third line is looking like a fourth line these days.

142. Lloyd B. says:

What on earth are the Seahawks wearing? Ridiculous !!

143. hunter1909 says:

treevojo: There was plenty of time to recover but nurse should never had made the blind pass.
    Too bad cause he was having another dominant game till that point.

Nurse is like a young Pronger.

You take the rough with the smooth until the time they finally figure it all out.

2-1 NJD after 2
    Shots 24-19 NJD (12-23 in the second)
    Corsi for 5×5 33-27 (18-13 EDM in that period)

145. Lloyd B. says:

2-1 NJD after 2
    Shots 24-19 NJD (12-23 in the second)
    Corsi for 5×5 33-27 (18-13 EDM in that period)

You always back up your stuff with great math. Post More !!

146. fishman says:

dessert1111,

Our 3 rd and 4 th lines looking more like 5 + 6 lines! Not sure what the eventual solution is but bottom 6 really needs a shake up. What happened to that talk about us having the best 4 th line in the NHL (pre-season talk)

Lucic scored

148. Munny says:

Lurch?!

149. treevojo says:

hunter1909: Nurse is like a young Pronger.

I dont disagree with a word of this.

Boom lucic

150. fishman says:

Lucic scores!

151. Pouzar says:

Suck it Haters (hey that’s me)!!!

152. OmJo says:

LUCIC!!! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU!!!

153. Pouzar says:

Kass in for Slepy. Wonderful. Prob hurt again.

154. Pouzar says:

Nuge so smooth on that rush.

155. Pouzar says:

So it took Kass about 4.5 sec to register a point playing with actual talent.

156. GMB3 says:

Pouzar:
    Kass in for Slepy. Wonderful. Prob hurt again.

157. fishman says:

Pouzar:
    Kass in for Slepy. Wonderful. Prob hurt again.

Was concerned when they said on Staufer that Sleppy was going to give it a go tonight. Hopefully he didn’t set himself back any significant time.

158. OmJo says:

Pouzar:
    Kass in for Slepy. Wonderful. Prob hurt again.

Gonna start calling him Lance Slepyshev in dedication to Tyler Pitlick.

159. Pouzar says:

GMB3: I’ve only watched bits and pieces of the game but from what I’ve seen he’s played well. Out on the PK at one point if I’m not mistaken. So I’d assume injury

He was on the PK…I did a double take on that one.
    Guy is snakebitten with injuries. Ankle, now groin.

160. Dicky94 says:

Pouzar,

I really like Kass on that line anyways. Too bad for Slepy. Starting to be a trend for him and Cags.

161. treevojo says:

Lucic on pace for 50 es points

162. OmJo says:

I thought the icing rule was still if the two players are in a race for it it’s touch icing?

163. Pouzar says:

Dicky94: I really like Kass on that line anyways.

I do too. Guy has skill but TMc has his “trustees”.

164. OmJo says:

Devils fans chanting “refs you suck” in a game where they’ve had 4 power plays XD

165. OmJo says:

Wait the NHL has a regular season game in Sweden?

166. hunter1909 says:

Pouzar:
    Nuge so smooth on that rush.

RNH will become Jean Ratelle 2.0 in his early 30’s.

167. OmJo says:

I feel like the NHL made the Oilers and Devils play their 2 games against each other early in the season as a mercy on the fan base who doesn’t want to constantly talk about the Hall trade for the rest of the season. lol.

168. Soup Fascist says:

Jokinen has deceptive speed.

He is Slower than he looks.

169. treevojo says:

Bend don’t break bitches.

This is your oilers hockey.

Like it or not.

170. hunter1909 says:

Nurse just gave the prison shower treatment to that Devil player lol

171. hunter1909 says:

OmJo:

I would like it if Oilers players the Devils 14x a season.

172. Pouzar says:

As far as this team goes, Lucic is above average speed. Scary shit.

173. treevojo says:

OmJo:

174. leadfarmer says:

Devils slowing down Jokinen after the dump in. Now is that really necessary

175. OmJo says:

Bratt is f’ng fast.

176. treevojo says:

Stafferd almost oiler killer.

177. OmJo says:

treevojo: I doubt jersey will have much to talk about come February other then whether hall will resign with a losing franchise.

He’s coming back to Edmonton next summer.

*teardrop*

178. Pouzar says:

Come out of TV timeout and put JJ-Strome-Pak out there.

179. OmJo says:

Nice pass by Schneider to McDavid.

More please!

180. Zelepukin says:

McD line is on the ice, but you get Russell and Gryba. It’s called cancel-out hockey.

181. treevojo says:

Mcdavid Magic is coming.

Book it!

182. OmJo says:

Am I the only one who hasn’t seen Drasiaitl very good in this game?

183. Nuclear leak says:

Jokinen and Pak are the two missing points in the Belanger triangle

184. OmJo says:

Atta boy Nurse!

185. Zelepukin says:

OmJo:
    Am I the only one who hasn’t seen Drasiaitl very good in this game?

186. D says:

That entire last NJ sequence started with a Lucic giveaway. He’s played well this game, but can’t do that so late in the third period.

187. treevojo says:

OmJo:
    Am I the only one who hasn’t seen Drasiaitl very good in this game?

He’s over a point per game on the season.

Some would say helps drive McDavid.

188. OmJo says:

Remenda: with a terrific smile on his face…

*Camera zooms on Lucic making a weird face*

Nice.

189. OmJo says:

treevojo,

This game, not the season. Not disputing he hasn’t been good this season. Just haven’t noticed him too much tonight.

190. Zelepukin says:

Need to hold on here. No 4th line please.

191. Pouzar says:

So Sharks couldn’t use Mirco Mueller? What happened there? 22 yrs old. Looks good tonight.

192. OmJo says:

Zelepukin: He has been very east/west instead of driving forward. Makes him look sluggish against the faster Devils.

That could be it.

193. D says:

NJ really dominating the play in the second half off the third period.

194. OmJo says:

6 v. 9

195. Ice Sage says:

D:
    NJ really dominating the play in the second half off the third period.

Feels like another late loss coming

Edit – nice ‘play for the point’ final 2 minutes

196. OmJo says:

By contrast, I’ve seen Lucic good tonight.

But not good enough for OT. Please and thank you.

197. treevojo says:

treevojo:

Please don’t make me look stupid Oilers.

This

198. D says:

I’ll take that point any day!

199. treevojo says:

treevojo:
    Bend don’t break bitches.

This is your oilers hockey.

Like it or not.

This

200. D says:

Ice Sage: Feels like another late loss coming

I’m hoping that 3 on 3 will be the Oilers dominating.

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »