AHL Game 22: Condors at Stars

The 9-10-2 Bakersfield Condors take on the 14-9-1 Texas Stars in Cedar Park tonight, and are running a fairly set lineup. The lines and pairings are very similar to earlier this week, with Ryan Mantha the only obvious omission. Ethan Bear continues to remain on the sidelines, the games and weeks of absence adding up quickly.

CONDORS TONIGHT!

• Ty Rattie is stretching out his team scoring lead, he should get a recall at some point.
  • Dave Gust has six goals in 17 games. That’s good!
  • Iiro Pakarinen is playing like he would like to return to Edmonton.
  • Ethan Bear remains out.
  • Caleb Jones is 1-2-3 +1 in his last seven games after a wobbly start to his pro career.

Updates all evening, I’ll also post college and junior scoring.

29 Responses to "AHL Game 22: Condors at Stars"

Kirill Maksimov with an early assist, now 27gp, 17-13-30 on the year.

2. OriginalPouzar says:

Hopefully this doesn’t turn in to a lost season from Bear.

I’ve reached out to Ryan Holt but no response – do we have any idea on timeline for Bear

Obviously this was a serious concussion.

3. OriginalPouzar says:

I’m hoping Shane Starret gets a start this weekend.

OriginalPouzar:
    Hopefully this doesn’t turn in to a lost season from Bear.

Obviously this was a serious concussion.

I think he was close and then suffered a setback, so they’re going to be extremely cautious.

5. jtblack says:

Any reason Ty Rattie can’t get a legitimate 10 – 15 game stint in the NHL, with real minutes? He was a scoring demon in the WHL …has scored well in the AHL … but for the last 5 years he gets 5 – 13 minutes in NHL ..

I have not watched him close enough. Slow boots? what’s the deal. He has always done well .. even at the NHL level in limited minutes

6. OriginalPouzar says:

You nailed it – from accounts, slow boots.

7. jtblack says:

Rumor is Stuart Skinner might be traded .. This rumor has absolutely zero credibility …have heard through the grapevine ….

Lethbridge Hurricanes are a middle placed team .. M Cup is in Regina .. A few teams in the WHL are going to load up … Rumor was Swift Current . … but again, these are just low level rumors …

Skinner has played quite well … and would be a great pick up for a contending team ….

8. jtblack says:

OriginalPouzar,

I figured thats what it was … but haven’t followed him close enough … Baerschi was his running mate in Portland … They both averaged 2 pts / game for 2 years (amazing) . Baerschi has made it with Van (as a top 9 forward) but Ty Rattie has never broke through …

9. jtblack says:

OP: where do you live? TO?

10. OriginalPouzar says:

I live in Calgary.

May I ask why?

11. jtblack says:

OriginalPouzar,

No reason. I just thought you lived in TO for some reason …I live in Lethbridge .. Home of Stuart Skinner 🙂

12. jtblack says:

OriginalPouzar,

And I am not near as amibitious as you … Love, your LOVE for the Oilers ..and all the posts

13. jtblack says:

You love yourself some Benson …..

He has had a great year (which you predicted) .. With the WJ snub, what is most important for him? simply playing all the games? I think he could be trade bait as welll, but have heard nothing? you?

14. OriginalPouzar says:

Well, I’ve chosen quantity over quality, obviously.

Benson is clearly a high-end talent. He was on the verge of getting exceptional status in to the CHL – only a few superstars have ever received such status.

There was/is no doubt in my mind that he’d produce in Vancouver if/once healthy.

The key is to have a healthy season – put the injuries and bad luck (cyst) behind him. He needs to play well but as long as we plays he will produce.

He’s got to be back on the radar and I can’t wait for him to turn pro next year.

Malone (O’Brien, Rattie)

16. stevezie says:

Those fourth line numbers look pretty solid- better than that for the fourth. Are those guys regulars on the back of the roster?

Tyler Vesel with an assist, now 15gp, 6-6-12 for the year.

stevezie:

19. OriginalPouzar says:

Maksimov pots the insurance market and finishes with a goal and an assist.

20. OriginalPouzar says:

Lowetide: Downing and Russell have spent time playing higher up the depth chart during the year.

Ya, I believe that Downing was centering Puljijarvi for a bit when Malone was with the Oilers.

Tyler Vesel with an assist, now 15gp, 6-6-12 for the year.

Another assist, now 15gp, 6-7-13 in 17-18.

22. OriginalPouzar says:

Joe Valeno dealt to Drummondville – not good for Safin

23. OmJo says:

Could Malone realistically be the Letestu replacement next season?

He’s signed for next season.

Edit: Looking at his stats… 13th forward? Maybe.

24. OriginalPouzar says:

OmJo:
    Could Malone realistically be the Letestu replacement next season?

He’s signed for next season.

Edit: Looking at his stats… 13th forward? Maybe.

Not if we want to be a competitive hockey team.

Malone, in my opinion, will never been anything more than a tweener – AHL call-up.

The realistic Letestu replacement is Khaira.

Pakarinen (Currie, Doornbosch) 2-2 tie

26. OriginalPouzar says:

LT, how badly do you think the Valeno trade will effect Safin?

Its too bad that Safin can’t be dealt to a contender as well (import – can’t be traded within a year of being selected).

27. OriginalPouzar says:

Spokane shutout 3-0. Yamamoto with no shots an -2 in the loss.

Giants win 1-0. Couple of shots on net for Benson, that’s all.

28. Professor Q says:

jtblack:
    You love yourself some Benson …..

He has had a great year (which you predicted) .. With the WJ snub, what is most important for him? simply playing all the games?I think he could be trade bait as welll, but have heard nothing? you?

29. GMB3 says:

Professor Q: Hall, Nurse, MacKinnon, even McDavid, were snubbed at one point. I wouldn’t read too much into it. If you want to go back far enough, Brett Hull…

McDavid played as an underage so I’m not sure what you’re talking about