The Condors (17-6-7) take on the San Diego Gulls (20-17-1) this evening in Bakersfield. For Oilers fans, there are several prospects, mostly defensemen, who are having good seasons on the farm.
- Players under contract are in that burnt orange color.
- Ty Rattie is having a fine season. He is on track for 25 goals and 50 points, but may get a recall around the deadline depending on what the Oilers do up top.
- Among the forward prospects we have been paying close attention to for a prolonged period, Joey Laleggia is having the best year. He’s on track for over 40 points. Will he see his first NHL action?
- Joe Gambardella is back in the everyday lineup and he’s a player I’m hoping emerges during these second half games.
- Ethan Bear missed a lot of action (16 games) during the first half, but even with that he’s on track to deliver about 24 points in 52 games. That’s a good rookie season.
- Caleb Jones is out with injury currently.
- Laurent Brossoit has been getting most of the work since his demotion and is slated to be in the net this evening.
For those who haven’t spent much time looking at Oilers prospects this winter, here’s my Top 20 prospects list. I’ll update scoring this evening from across the NA prospect universe.
I interviewed Justin Roethlingshoefer this week, he is the Strength and Performance Coach for the San Diego Gulls of the American Hockey League. He wrote a book about applied sport science you may be interested in, the book is described here.