The Bakersfield Condors (17-17-8) host Iowa Wild tonight (21-13-10) in AHL action. The feature item might be the roster turnover in goal for Bakersfield, as Laurent Brossoit was recalled to the Oilers and Eddie Pasquale was sent away. Shane Starrett gets the start, Caleb Jones remains out and some of the most interesting forwards on the team are on AHL deals.
- Ty Rattie is having the strongest offensive season, he should land around 25 goals on his current pace. I would rate him as a possible recall at the deadline if enough forwards (Maroon, Letestu, Cammalleri) are sent away.
- Brad Malone is on a trajectory that would see him finish just shy of 40 points (38-ish) and he would have to be considered a likely recall in March.
- Keegan Lowe’s EV GF-GA numbers are excellent this season compared to the group, there’s a chance he gets a recall.
- Ethan Bear would finish about 6-16-22 if he plays the rest of the season and duplicates his offense currently.
- My top ranked prospect in the game this evening is Bear. My list for The Athletic is here.
Updates across all leagues throughout the evening.