Lottery Day 2018

Light a candle. Send a message heavenward to the God who’ll listen, find some instant karma and think good thoughts. Sweet baby Jesus one day the Oilers will spend a decade in the back row of the draft, but some of us may not make it to that day. One time, baby. Come on Gary, you know you want to, let the tumblers click just this once and we’ll never ask again. Probably. Maybe.

THE ATHLETIC!

Great playoff special! Try The Athletic on for size free and see if they enjoy the in-depth, ad-free coverage on the site. Offer is here.

Q AND A ABOUT THE DRAFT

I will publish my latest draft update (Top 120) tomorrow or Monday depending on what shakes out today. There are questions and comments I never get to in a day, thought it might be a good time to do some call and response about the draft.

1. Why are you pushing Ty Smith? Stop it. I like Smith a lot. He’s an outstanding skater, has posted great offensive numbers and his 5×5 GF-GA is 93-54. The next best defender on the team is Tyson Helgeson (68-57). Smith is a great young player. I’d take him No. 2 among defensemen in this draft.
  2. Ahead of Boqvist, Bouchard, Hughes, Dobson? Yes, that’s my math take. I have no doubt most or all will go ahead of Smith, but I’d take him as the first defender after Dahlin.
  3. You’re going to look pretty dumb five years from now. I doubt you’ll have to wait that long, but based on the things I value (math, scouting reports, range of skills, foot speed), Ty Smith is a fabulous prospect.
  4. All this time looking for a RHD and you pass on the guy? Yes. If there’s a better player at another position. Absolutely. Smith is an intelligent player, he can carry the puck and is an excellent passer. Good shot. Only downside is handedness and no one I know every suggested leaving a more substantial talent on the board because of it.
  5. Can we agree the Oilers will take a defenseman? I mentioned yesterday, suspect it’s a defenseman from the group we’re discussing or a European forward.
  6. If the Oilers take a defenseman at No. 9, and Boqvist, Smith, Hughes and Dobson are available, who do you think the Oilers would take? Hughes. Zero doubt in my mind. He’s a burner, undersized but can run a power play. I expect him to be gone before No. 9 though.
  7. If you had to pick the Top 8, in order, what would it look like? Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk, Bouchard, Wahlstrom, Boqvist, Hughes. That’s pretty much Bob McKenzie’s list.
  8. Who would be left on McKenzie’s list? No. 8 Noah Dobson, No. 10 Jesperi Kotkaniemi, No. 11 Joe Veleno, No. 12 Barret Hayton, No. 13 Ty Smith, No. 14 Joel Farabee and two Russians tied at No. 15 (Grigori Denisenko, Vitali Kravtsov). Kravtsov spiked in the playoffs.
  9. Who would you take? Ty Smith.
  10. God. You are an ass. I think any of the names would be fine. I do think they’ll take a forward.
  11. Who do the Oilers take at No. 9? I honestly don’t know. Dobson or a Euro forward, perhaps someone is emerging at these U18’s.
  12. What if they win the lottery? Dahlen. If the draft No. 2, I’ll guess Svechnikov.
  13. No. 3? Zadina is my guy, maybe they like Bouchard more.
  14. Give me a dark horse candidate at No. 9 overall. Among the names not on Bob McKenzie’s list, I like Jacob Olofsson, Filip Hallander and Joel Farabee.
  15. Give me your Oilers top five? What I think the Oilers have as their list?
  16. Yes. Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Bouchard, Tkachuk. Those names will be gone unless Edmonton wins one of the lotteries. If they do, one of those names will be an Oiler. Fairly certain that’s true.
  17. Will the Oilers win the lottery? On lottery day 2016, I prepared a mock draft with Edmonton taking Noah Hanifin. The mock draft I have ready for tomorrow or Monday has the team drafting No. 9 overall. I don’t expect fireworks but am prepared to be delighted again.
  18. Will Edmonton get value in the second round? At No. 40 overall, Jesse Ylonen, Nathan Dunkley and Ty Dellandrea are solid options. I’d put them in the Tyler Benson range, remember I like Tyler Benson as a prospect.

NHL READY

Using the McKenzie list, there are three men who spent much of the 2017-18 season playing pro hockey against men in Europe.

• LHD Rasmus Dahlin, Frolunda (SHL). 41, 7-13-20 (19:02 toi)
  • LC Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Assat (Sm-Liiga). 57, 10-19-29 (15:35 toi)
  • LR Vitali Kravtsov, Chelyabinsk (KHL). 35, 4-3-7 (9:19 toi) and playoffs 16, 6-5-11 (13:21 toi)

It’s likely Svechnikov could play in the NHL next season, Tkachuk too. That’s five. I don’t think the player Edmonton grabs at No. 9 makes it all the way to Edmonton in the fall, but there are a few who might be available at that number who could push.

MCDAVID SNUBBED

I mentioned it a month ago but will say it again. He earned the award but they’re not going to give it to him. The NHL awards are a strange collection of votes from various constituencies. If I was 25, I’d round up a bunch of young writers and start a new way of finding out who should get these awards. Publish them for a decade, sell a show to the other network and by the time you’re 60 the NHL awards have some competition and you have peace of mind. I’ll be dead by then.

I think there would be a lot less public upset about Peter Chiarelli if he’d said those words at the season ending exit interview. One thing that hasn’t been mentioned a lot: The Oilers should be better than last year just based on luck and health. Too much talent, last year had too much illness and concussion and shoulders and wobble. Much work to do though.

267 Responses to "Lottery Day 2018"

« Older Comments
  1. jake70 says:

Woodguy v2.0:
    2 things:

1) LT put the whammy on the lottery earlier this week. Bastard.

2) There will be a fine player available at 10

Who Paajarvi? Yak? Man I ‘m jaded. lol

2. admiralmark says:

Rondo,

🙂

3. Richard S.S. says:

There is usually one or two G.M.s who reach for/go off the board in the top 10. There is always someone who slides 3 or more to as many as 7 slots beyond their talent. But if Chiarelli can get the Oilers a “Lindstrom-ish” D for the pick?

4. who says:

godot10:
    I think Ottawa should let Colorado have #4OV this year, and aim for the lottery next year.

It will be interesting if Montreal wins, since they could really use Svechnikov (over Dahlin).

Carolina would also probably prefer Svechnikov.They are loaded on D.

Actually I’m pretty sure Montreal needs a left shot dman almost as much as they need a center. The last thing they need is another winger.
    Regardless, if Dahlin really is that good any team should take him, no matter what their immediate needs are.

5. Scungilli Slushy says:

I am always unhappy when the Oilers don’t win, especially the one thing they have been good at.

I expect the pick traded. There is pressure on the current people and an easy argument to make – make sure Connor is happy with help now.

6. Harpers Hair says:

Chelios is a Dinosaur:
    Now I want Buffalo to draft 1 and begin their (new) rebuild and let Ryan O’Reilly go.

Is he too expensive (but controlled)?

What would Buffalo take, our 10 OV +?
    OReilly’s cap hit is $7M and his contract is buyout

Good chance

Chelios is a Dinosaur:

Is he too expensive (but controlled)?

What would Buffalo take, our 10 OV +?

7. Harpers Hair says:

Harpers Hair: Good chance

OReillys cap hit is $7M and is buyout proof with only $1M in salary and the rest in bonuses

8. Richard S.S. says:

There is someone’s franchise D, three plug and play Forwards and 5 interchangeable D. The remainder of the First Round is basically everyone equal – it all depends on who you want. Someone in the top nine might fall to the Oilers, but there might be a better deal available.

9. Scungilli Slushy says:

Given Montreal and Buffalo are under pressure of kinds, maybe Carolina as well with new owner wanting cash as always, is it worth it to make a deal for their short term benefit and the Oilers long term benefit?

Opportunity knocks.

10. Harpers Hair says:

Scungilli Slushy:

Opportunity knocks.

If Carolina wins I expect they do a sweetener to someone with cap space to take Faulk off their hands.

Maybe we see Toronto trade Matthews to Carolina for Dahlin and Faulk, and sign Tavares as a UFA.

12. N64 says:

godot10:

~ Godot is Shauger? ~

13. Scungilli Slushy says:

godot10:

14. digger50 says:

There is always (usually?) one star player hidden in the middle of the first round. (Barzal etc).

Can the Oiler scouts find him? Hope so.

15. Rafa Nadal says:

Really disappointed in getting the 10th position. Seems like there’s a drop off after the first 9. At least I got my 400th win on clay today.

16. Harpers Hair says:

Scungilli Slushy: That would be a huge deal but probably helps both. Not many execs are brave enough these days. Or have the latitude.

I would bet the Leafs could getJake Bean or Hayden Fleury in that deal. Carolinas D depth is ridiciculous.

17. digger50 says:

So we need a new Or better Letestu, Maroon, Sleppy and Pakarinen. Who am I missing?

Plus potential trade of the first.

Scouts really need to step up. These are all opportunities to get better – or worse. Vegas gives me hope, they found a lot of talent hidden in other teams spare parts.

18. Primetime says:

Just got a text from a buddy in Montreal, season ticket holder…

Dahlin for Draisatil

Never even thought of that. Would anyone here do it? Would it help the Oilers?

19. OriginalPouzar says:

Finally, Stuart Skinner and the Broncos are back in action tonight with the series tied 2-2 and, essentially, a best of 3.

20. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Wheat kills it yet again with this thread: https://twitter.com/WheatNOil/status/990397139846094848?s=19

21. Woodguy v2.0 says:

godot10: Jack Hughes lottery next year.No real difference between #4 and #10 this year.

I think OTT has a meh team, but you can’t bank on being the worst team in the NHL and even then have a slightly better chance than others to win the lottery.

That’s thinner than Pete banking on Russell to replace Sekera, all the kids progressing and good health for everyone last year.

22. VOR says:

Woodguy v2.0:
    VOR,

Thanks for the thoughtful answer, I appreciate it.

Also,

The last few years I have realized that players underperforming their draft expectations is really, really common. We just notice the famous busts and then make assumptions about the causes of those busts based on a small and highly skewed sample. I have done this.

Though as I said, I keep readjusting my thinking on the entire concept of draft busts and the subtle interplay between talent and character.

I hope that answers your question.

Its interesting that you mentioned famous busts.

The reason I bring this up is because I lived in Calgary from 1994-2000.

I started to go to Hitman games not too long after they were created.

I needed my hockey fix and saw the occasional Falmes game, but honestly I could never cheer for them.Fuck those guys.

So I followed the Hitmen a bit.

My Manager at the time was a guy who played WHL and both his kids played AJHL and got full rides at US Colleges.One of them even had a cup of coffee in the AHL.

Anyhow, the year before I left Cowtown Pavel Brendl came to play for the Hitmen in his draft year.

I noticed he was in the “Gretzky spot” often, above the blue line when the puck was in his own zone and I mentioned this to my Manager.

He said “He’ll never play in the NHL”

I thought “WTF man, he’s killing it”. (Brendl had 134pts in 68 games in his draft year…lordy)…but because he was my Manager I asked “why”?

He said, “he never has to try.He’s so goddamn much better than everyone else and the coach lets him cheat so the first time he has to try, he’ll give up”

That stuck with me and watching Brendl never make an impact in the NHL stuck with me as well.

I’ve heard Zadina is not exactly similar to Brendl, but so out-skills everyone he’s *kinda* like him so I thought I’d ask.

I appreciate your reply, thanks.

Brendl was a truly unique case. He was, according to his junior coaches defensively inept when he arrived in Canada. According to the same scouts he worked very hard at getting better in his own end. The stories of his wiener addiction and 12 hour “naps” had become legendary before he was drafted. Not to mention his reluctance to learn English or do anything that required him to get up before noon was also well known. As was the fact he was a loud and proud slob. He was the prototype of a competitive eater.

This strange behaviour lead to the idea he was lazy. Well that and his tendency to take entire shifts off and float around the ice. But lazy perhaps isn’t the right word. His coaches pointed out that he simply wore other teams down. He did much of his scoring late in games. You can’t be consistently lazy and wear down your opponent.

This was all known at the time of the draft. And he still went fourth. Never mind, the kid who went first had a terrible concussion issues and many people thought he might never play again.

Knowing who Brendl was you would have thought the Rangers wouldn’t have drafted him without having a plan to turn him into a useful player. But apparently there was no plan for improving his diet or his sleep hygiene. The Rangers development plan consisted of sending him back to junior twice without telling him what he was doing wrong.

In junior he worked on becoming a more consistent and complete player. His idea, everybody agrees the Rangers never gave him any input. But as his defence improved his offence declined. He was still an elite offensive player but was definitely starting to show down arrows.

When the Rangers couldn’t store him in the WHL anymore they sent him to the AHL. Then they traded him to Philadelphia in the Eric Lindros deal. He did okay in the Flyers farm system surrounded by other Czechs but got traded anyway. You might be seeing a pattern. A lot of NHL teams showed interest, none ever gave him much of a chance to show he could play NHL hockey.

Even when he got into NHL games it was limited even strength minutes with crappy line mates and ironically often in a checking role. Eventually he went back to Europe where he had a long and sometimes outstanding career. At 37 he is back playing pro hockey after a year off.

If you asked me to guess, given he is now a tremendously fit, jovial hockey vagabond, with serious wanderlust he could have had a NHL career had any team been prepared to work with him. He clearly lived to play hockey and his junior, AHL, KHL and SEL statistics suggest he was really good at playing hockey. He didn’t have a speed problem, had a world class shot, unbelievable hands, was coachable, and his teammates seem to have liked him. He didn’t do drugs, drink to excess, party like it was 1999, or really anything self destructive except for the wiener problem. Oh and he was and is a serious gamer, a bit of an addict.

It is worth pointing out he was just starting to carve out a niche as a real NHL player when the lockout happened. After the lost season of 2004-2005 he never returned to the NHL.

Reading interviews and profiles you can’t help thinking Brendl never got a fair shot because he didn’t fit the NHLs cultural perceptions of what a hockey player looks like and how one behaves. He ate hot dogs and played like a hot dog early in his junior career. He got the reputation of being lazy and it followed him all over North America long after it was demonstrably untrue. He got the reputation of being a fat slob and that haunted him as well though by the time he arrived in Carolina he was the fittest guy at their training camp.

So was your boss right? I think he correctly described a moment in time, a moment a talented young man was never able to overcome, however hard he worked at it.

23. Klima's_Bucket says:

If NHL Goaltending reviews are done in Toronto, why were the refs watching the replay on the iPad in this Sharks/Knights game on that last goal???

24. rickithebear says:

Even points forwards 16-17 to 17-18
    #1 Mcdavid 155
    #9 Draisatl 105

3 days of Cancer meds and I can walk 3 blocks for first time in 2 years.
    21 x-rays Friday.

25. Woodguy v2.0 says:

VOR,

Interesting stuff.

Taking on a talented “project” whether it’s Brendl or Yakupov or similar, it seems that NHL don’t have the ability to do it correctly.

26. Munny says:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Bill Daly…

27. NYC-Back-to-Tokyo Oil (Gentleman Backpacker) says:

rickithebear:
    Even points forwards 16-17 to 17-18
    #1 Mcdavid 155
    #9 Draisatl 105

3 days of Cancer meds and I can walk 3 blocks for first time in 2 years.
    21 x-rays Friday.

Wishing you well in your recovery.

28. Munny says:

VOR,

The Jani Rita draft… Man that was a weird draft. The Sedins, Havlat, and a whole bunch of meh till the 7th round.

Meanwhile I am jealous of young Pavel’s lack of sleep deprivation.

29. Munny says:

Woodguy v2.0: You could almost make a good team specializing in being the island of the misfit toys…..

If only such a team existed and were playing playoff hockey tonight.

30. jp says:

rickithebear:
    Even points forwards 16-17 to 17-18
    #1 Mcdavid 155
    #9 Draisatl 105

3 days of Cancer meds and I can walk 3 blocks for first time in 2 years.
    21 x-rays Friday.

Glad you’re feeling up to posting. And yes, those are real nice numbers.

31. Munny says:

Woodguy v2.0:

Gord that’s Gold. But how did he get a mic near that Allan Mitchell guy? They say he’s the Howard Hughes of St. Albert.

32. VOR says:

Woodguy v2.0:
    VOR,

Interesting stuff.

33. BONE207 says:

Those damn Sabres!!!
    All they do is win draft lotteries & 1st OV picks. The Nhl should fix that…😉

34. Gerta Rauss says:

rickithebear,

Best wishes with your health Ricki

35. Woodguy v2.0 says:

Munny: If only such a team existed and were playing playoff hockey tonight.

Zing!!!!

36. Woodguy v2.0 says:

VOR: Being different is tough in any professional team sport but hockey does seem to have a particular talent for destroying young outliers.

I have no doubt about that at all.

37. Woodguy v2.0 says:

So BUF gets their franchise Dman to go with the franchise forward.

CAR FINALLY gets a high end goal scorer who is better than Skinner (who’s pretty good)

So what does MTL do?

They desperately need a 1C.

Taking the Quebec born C Veleno makes political sense, but not hockey sense.

What MTL does will be interesting.

I bet Bergevin has a high probability of fucking it up…..

38. N64 says:

Munny: If only such a team existed and were playing playoff hockey tonight.

Selecting something approaching 4 second lines and 4 second pairs isn’t exactly King Moonracer.

Calling it. Lou ends up in Seattle.

39. dustrock says:

Woodguy v2.0:
    So BUF gets their franchise Dman to go with the franchise forward.

So what does MTL do?

They desperately need a 1C.

Taking the Quebec born C Veleno makes political sense, but not hockey sense.

What MTL does will be interesting.

I bet Bergevin has a high probability of fucking it up…..

Maybe you trade to get a C? Veleno or Kotkaniemi at #3, I don’t see it.

Will be an interesting first round.

40. Rondo says:

Woodguy v2.0,

They could trade down and take Kotkaniemi.

41. €√¥£€^$ says:

Is it just me, or does anyone else wish NHL arenas would electrify the outside of every arenas plexiglass?

Also, yay Knights!

42. BONE207 says:

€√¥£€^$:

Also, yay Knights!

My first year of organized hockey was played on an outdoor rink with chain link fencing on the higher parts behind the nets. Those would have been easy to electrify.

Now are you asking this because of the fans banging on the glass or because you want hockey to be Rollerball-esque?

43. leadfarmer says:

Woodguy v2.0,

Is he though. Skinner numbers dove last season. His pp time got cut. He’s about as one dimensional as they come

44. hunter1909 says:

Find myself cheering for Winnipeg and Las Vegas; but expect a Pittsburgh cup which will elevate Crosby right up with the greats which also seems like a good idea for some reason.

The Oilers? Pffft. Barbaric cynicism, which means I have nothing positive to say; ever since that hilariously awful moment when realised Kevin Lowe is still very much a power to be reckoned with – the terrible results prove it lol

45. Gerta Rauss says:

Rondo:
    Craig Button’s new mock draft

If the draft plays out like that and Boqvist falls to 10 I’d be thrilled

*edit-beyond thrilled

46. €√¥£€^$ says:

BONE207,

I am extremely annoyed by glass bangers, I bet the players love them as much as me, as do the folks who have to wash the glass and the people who have to install/maintain the glass.

I am expecting a 350lb glass slapper to do a belly flop onto the ice in the middle of a game sometime in the near future. Then we can expect the electrification to begin! Either that or arena attendants with cattle prods, I have no prefrence 😀

47. deardylan says:

Congrats to the Canadian team who will now get an elite scoring winger dangerous from the circles down inside the dots. #TicTacZado

Congrats to Oilers who can now trade a individual pick and continue to build a team of lionhearts around McD and Dr. Drai

Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It’s courage that counts. – Coach Wooden

#BuildATeamNotanIndividual

48. WayneKenov says:

VOR: I can’t really address your points. I respect your life experience but it doesn’t really jibe with mine. I am a late bloomer and my physical challenges as a kid meant I was always struggling to catch up. I peaked as an athlete in my mid thirties after nearly two decades of ever harder, ever smarter training.

In addition, the 18 year olds I coach are still largely tabula rasa. And of course them gaining 15 pounds is often exactly what I want to see happen. I only ever meet them if they have immense talent and can’t quite figure out how to use that talent to produce amazing results. They wouldn’t be working with me if they weren’t highly committed to unlocking that potential. They have realized not everything is easy before we ever meet.

Obviously I’m talking about bad weight. I would say 85% of kids are moldable and will do whatever you ask. 14% will pretend to do what they should, but will slack off and do stupid stuff whenever they get the chance. The other 1% will screw around all the time. I cannot believe you have never met a kid who peaked in high school.

I will note that we are probably talking different sports. One where size, character and strength matter more than skill. Still though, there are a ton of players who fit the description I laid out. Kirill Kabanov jumps to mind.

49. Colieo87 says:

1985 Dan Gratton C Oshawa Generals (OHL) Los Angeles Kings
    1984 J.J. Daigneault D Longueuil Chevaliers (QMJHL) Vancouver Canucks
    1983 Normand Lacombe RW U. of New Hampshire (NCAA) Buffalo Sabres
    1981 Garth Butcher D Regina Pats (WHL) Vancouver Canucks
    1980 Jim Fox F Ottawa 67’s (OHA) Los Angeles Kings

51. Primetime says:

Gerta Rauss: If the draft plays out like that and Boqvist falls to 10 I’d be thrilled

*edit-beyond thrilled

I would be shocked if that happened.

Now that Ottawa fell out of the top 3, I can’t see them wanting Tkachuk for the rebuild. I think they draft the next Karlsson (Boqvist) at 4 and then trade the current Karlsson to the highest bidder, trying to recoup the first rounder they will lose next year (among other assets)

52. flyfish1168 says:

If Tavares walks. I would go to Snow offer Draisaitl for Barzal, Ryan Pulock and their 1st. or the phlegms 1st pick. 3-1 deal

53. maudite says:

10th is an interesting spot. Have wondered for awhile if 8-12 is the reverse “sweet spot”. I was trying to figure that out like 5 years ago. But in my head I’d wager a lot of falling stars get snatched up in here. Which might point out scouting staffs getting over ridden by gm’s bounding toward podium to snatch up fool’s gold name recognition style. Don’t know but I’m my brain and the way the world works it just makes sense.

Colieo87:

1984J.J. DaigneaultDLongueuil Chevaliers (QMJHL)Vancouver Canucks
    1983Normand LacombeRWU. of New Hampshire (NCAA)Buffalo Sabres
    1981Garth ButcherDRegina Pats (WHL)Vancouver Canucks
    1980Jim FoxFOttawa 67’s (OHA)Los Angeles Kings

54. Rondo says:

maudite,

None of these palyers are in the draft 2018.

Pretty nice names after 2013.

55. maudite says:

Rondo,

I know. Just wonder how many falling picks end up grabbed in this area and how many busy compared to norm in that range.

56. €√¥£€^$ says:

Does anyone know why Boqvist didn’t play after the first vs Finland, seems like he was benched…

57. hunter1909 says:

€√¥£€^$:

Upon hearing he might get drafted 10th, Boqvist went completely hysterical. Sedation was needed. Fortunately the team has an excellent medical staff.

58. hunter1909 says:

maudite:
    Rondo,

I know.Just wonder how many falling picks end up grabbed in this area and how many busy compared to norm in that range.

Magnus Pajaarvi-Svenson dropped into the eager hands of Lowe+MacT on draft day. The Oilers undynamic duo was left frothing at their collective mouths over the big rangy Scandinavian who some compared to Forsberg.

59. hunter1909 says:

Primetime: trade the current Karlsson to the highest bidder

Karlsson’s exactly what the Oilers need.

Therefore, I don’t expect any trades. More likely they draft another forward at 10 to shore up that pesky top 6 which had so much promise back in the days of Hall+Eberle lol

60. Wilde says:

flyfish1168:
    If Tavares walks. I would go to Snow offer Draisaitl for Barzal, Ryan Pulock and their 1st. or the phlegms 1st pick.3-1 deal

I’m not certain Draisaitl is better than Barzal

61. YKOil says:

dustrock: Maybe you trade to get a C? Veleno or Kotkaniemi at #3, I don’t see it.

Will be an interesting first round.

Veleno to Montreal is an interesting thought – who, if at all, reaches out?

Edmonton because they want a top-3 talent winger or Montreal because Veleno makes sense at 10 and will probably be there.

62. ArmchairGM says:

Will be an interesting first round.

Yeah, Bergevin doesn’t have much cap to work with going forward, so I’m betting he keeps the #3 pick and adds another 1st round pick through trading an existing player.

Okay, I’ll call it now: Shea Weber for #10. When you get the two smartest GM’s together, great things happen.

63. flyfish1168 says:

Wilde: I’m not certain Draisaitl is better than Barzal

I’m not either. But all we need is Snow to think its an upgrade with a bigger bodied player.

64. OriginalPouzar says:

€√¥£€^$:

Concussion.

flyfish1168:

66. flyfish1168 says:

godot10: That would be an ill-advised bordering on franchise destroying trade on the Oilers part.

I disagree. Barzal is real, Pulock is going to be no less than a 2nd pairing and we get a pick another that is 2020/21 protected. CAP space savings next couple of years. I see it as win.

« Older Comments