Oilers Career Scoring Records

Updated to include the 06-07 Season.

Games Played

1. Kevin Lowe (1037)
  2. Mark Messier (851)
  3. Glenn Anderson (845)
  4. Kelly Buchberger (795)
  5. Ryan Smyth (770)

4. Mark Messier (392)
  5. Ryan Smyth (265)
  6. Paul Coffey (209)
  7. Craig Simpson (185)
  8. Esa Tikkanen (178)
  9. Doug Weight (157)
  10. Craig MacTavish (155)

Current Active Leader: Ethan Moreau, 84

6. Doug Weight (577)
  7. Ryan Smyth (549)
  8. Esa Tikkanen (436)
  9. Kevin Lowe (384)
  10. Charlie Huddy (368)

Current Active Leader: Shawn Horcoff, 235

14 Responses to "Oilers Career Scoring Records"

1. Bank Shot says:

Those lists make me sad.

Hopefully we’ll see some current Oilers on some of those lists in the next decade.

2. SweatyO says:

I think we’ll see Ales Hemsky on some or all of those lists in due time.

But it would have been nice to see Ryan Smyth still here and climbing those lists, wouldn’t it have been?

The more I think of it, the more I’m jealous of the two UFA signings Colorado made. Imagine if the Oilers could have inked Hannan and Smyth and still made the Lupul/Smith for Pitkanen/Sanderson deal for a second…..somehow I think we’d be in better shape.

IMO, Colorado did better than anyone else in the UFA market this summer. If they can add a goalie at some point this year, look the hell out.

sweatyo: I think they’ll add Roloson. Seriously.

4. ClaytonMagnet says:

Roloson for ???

5. Black Dog says:

I think the Avs are definitely the team that makes sense for a Roloson deal.

6. SweatyO says:

sweatyo: I think they’ll add Roloson. Seriously.

Wolski, please and thank you.

Seriously.

I’d be pissed if Lowe basically handed the Cup the the Ducks one year and then one-upped himself by handing it to the Avs the next.

Then again, if you could get Budaj plus another asset and have a young tandem of Budaj/Garon, you’ve got goaltending that’s in-sync, development-wise, with the rest of the “rebuild”.

And this, my friends, is why the Souray signing still does not make sense, no matter how much I think about it. Souray on a five-year deal vs Gelinas, Johnson AND Aaron Miller on smart one-year deals? Not as appealing as doing what Colorado did (signing Smyth and Hannan), but the three veteran approach would have been smarter and more in-tune with “the plan” (i.e. build around Torres, Stoll, Hemsky, Pouliot, Pitkanen, Smid, Gilbert and Greene)

7. Asiaoil says:

LT I have no idea why you think they will trade Roloson. Good goaltending makes up for a ton of weaknesses (see Calgary Flames) and Roloson is on a reasonable deal in terms of length of contract and dollars. Now with Garon in house – we have 2 years to groom him as the “heir apparent” and we don’t have to rush Dubnyk. Why mess with a setup that is pretty much perfect?

Asia: I’m on board with Roloson’s value, he has been splendid as an Oiler. However, come deadline time he’ll be a 38-year old starter with only one more year on his contract.

The Oilers are going to have to address G for the long term by the summer of ’09, if they can get value to move it up a summer I think it’s a reasonable option.

9. Asiaoil says:

I think they already have addressed it for the longterm unless Garon and Dubnyk show themselves to be less than expected – and stability in net will be critical the next 2 years. Why mess with one of the few areas that is set up well both now and in the future?

10. Asiaoil says:

LT – while we are talking goalies – I really like the Garon deal. His 20 and 21 year old seasons in the AHL were no great shakes (.904 and .898) – but he’s been a solid .920 or better ever since with the exception of his LA years. Even last year he was pretty good on a team that no one would mistake for defensively solid. This is a great situation for him to slowly build toward taking on a starter’s role and load. Next year I project him to start 30 games, pretty much split 50-050 with Roloson in 08-09, and then take on a 50+ game load in 09-10 with Dubnyk as the backup. That’s the plan anyway and we will see how it works out.

If you want to trade Roloson – then trade deadline 2009 is the time if he’s worth anything – then you let GAron and Dubnyk run with the last 30 games if they are ready. But why not let the guy retire an Oiler? Seems a perfect candidate.

11. Julian says:

I didn’t think it was possible for me to find a new way to miss Smyth anymore, but… well there you go.

12. James Mirtle says:

Budaj had a pretty fine record with the Avs anyway; if he plays like he did in the second half, there’s no way Colorado’s looking for another goalie.

13. RiversQ says:

One thing Lombardi definitely has right IMO, is that the best way to develop lots of young players and still add quality young assets is to shitcan seasons with atrocious goaltending.

Trading Roloson might aid that approach if the Oilers choose to go that route.

14. RiversQ says:

But why not let the guy retire an Oiler? Seems a perfect candidate.

Pfft. Now we’re getting fucking watery eyed over Dwayne Roloson?

Good grief.

If the Oilers cared about that at all and wanted to win some hockey games in the next few years, they’d have taken care of Ryan Smyth.