I thought it might be an idea to post this and then update as needed over the next while. We know Tarnstrom and Grebeshkov will be added but don’t have the number so I’ve estimated the number. I’ve also estimated RFA numbers and thrown Toby Petersen in as a UFA to give the roster that “Washington Capitals 74-75″ authentic look.
There’s a lot of work to do here, this looks like an expansion team in several spots.
- GOAL- Roloson (3.667M), no backup yet (EST 900k)
- DEFENSE- Pitkanen (EST 3.2) Staios(2.7M), Tarnstrom (EST 2.11M), Greene (EST 1.1M), Smid (915k), Gilbert (908k), Grebeshkov (EST 900k)
- CENTER- Horcoff(3.6M), Stoll(2.2M), Reasoner(950k), Pouliot (942k)
- LEFT WING- Moreau(2M), Torres(EST1.9M), Sanderson (1.5M), Nilsson (1.013M)
- RIGHT WING- Hemsky(4.1), Pisani(2.5M), Thoresen (570k), Stortini (534k)
- EXTRA F’s- Jacques (668k), Tobias Petersen(EST 450k)
23 players there. Cap number estimate is $39,327,000. Going by the Oilers’ imposed cap number of $45M, that leaves $5,673,000 in cap room. The Oilers have so few actual NHL players (I’m not including the kids who are trying to establish themselves) that I cannot imagine they can get to the fall as a contender in the NW from where they sit today.
Kevin Lowe, the stage is set. Are you Sam Pollock?
UPDATE: I’ve added in the new guys with an estimate for Pitkanen (completely uneducated, I have no idea what he’ll get). Oilers look a little stronger on LW (not a bunch but Sanderson is an NHL player) and clearly have some more options on RW for the 2line and 4line.
UPDATE 2: Tarnstrom’s contract is 2.111M, so I’ve added it and adjusted the numbers. Still to confirm on Nylander.