Alexandre Plante is a huge kid from Brandon who scouts liked a ton before the draft. Redline said “Alex Plante has come a long way since the beginning of the season to be included on this top 10 list. At 6-4/215-pounds, he showed surprising offensive skills, particularly on the PP, where he can act as either trigger man or quarterback. He’s not a big baggage smasher, but will use his body in front and to tie forwards up along the walls.
Since the draft, we’ve had a chance to get excited about Samwise Gagner, and a little bit about Riley Nash too.
Not so much Plante. Until tonight, when he scored his first goal of the season and is +2. His stats for the year thus far (5gp, 1-1-2, +1) show just how much time he’s missed to injury (tonight is Calgary’s 33rd game of the year).
From the Hitmen site, a few items about Plante:
- Favorite School Subject?Math
- Any Strange Hobbies?Singing in the Shower
- Favorite Movie?Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
- Favorite Music?Dylan Yeo’s Singing
- Favorite Food?Meat
- What is Your Favorite Part About Practice?Being at The Rink
- Words To Live By….The Worst Day At The Rink Is Better Than The Best Day At The Office
Favorite Food? MEAT? I wonder if it’s cooked.