Good Day, Sunshine

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
Everything that’s wonderful
is what I feel when we’re together

Brighter than a lucky penny
When you’re near the rain cloud
disappears, dear
And I feel so fine just to know
that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
That’s how this refrain goes, so come on
join in everybody!

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
Everything that’s wonderful
is sure to come your way

Cause you’re in love, you’re in love
And love is here to stay!

32 Responses to "Good Day, Sunshine"

1. jon says:

3 game winning streak, Dennis is won!

2. mike w says:

Yep, feels good.

3. doritogrande says:

Goalies get hot, the team gets hot. Who would have thought?

4. mike w says:

Helps to have Smid and Pitkanen playing well.

5. Dennis says:

If you’re of a certain age, reading those lyrics has to remind you of Chief Wiggum and the Thelma and Louise ep of The Simpsons.

6. RiversQ says:

mike w said…
    Helps to have Smid and Pitkanen playing well.

Quoi?

I mean I guess they are with the puck, but Pitkanen had his head in the clouds on the PP GA. The Oilers had them fucking outmanned down low and Brown gets the puck there? Did Pitkanen even touch him?

Smid and Staios were both brutal on the tying goal. Smid was halfway into the corner and let his man behind him and Staios inexplicably let Blake go through to the goal.

Sunshine and lollipops though.

I suppose you have to be happy when you steal one.

7. Moose says:

After Nilsson missed the wide open net from Gagner’s feed, I was sure that was going to come back to bite us in the ass.

When Garon is in goal for the shootouts you just get the sense that all we need is one goal.

How many extra points will Gagner’s shootout move be worth this season.

8. doritogrande says:

I don’t credit the shootout win to Gagner as much as I do to Garon. He made that win for us, Gagner just made it prettier.

9. Aram Dellalian says:

AHhhhhhhhhhhh…the perfect post LT! Just got back from the game. Easily THE finest weekend the Oils have had in SoCal in a long while. Yesterday’s game was dull…..butttt G A G N E R in the shootout! Couldn’t wait to get home to catch the replay. I’d KILL to hear Rod’s take on that shot (and Garon’s ridiculousness)

There was an all-time-low Oiler contingent at staples today, too. Odd.

Cogliano looked great on both days, but his size is bringing him down. I’m not sold on Rourke, even though most of you guys are. But yeah.

Pisani ALMOST had one and I might have fallen out of the rafters if he put it in. Amazing what a lift #34 brings -despite limited ice time. Hopefully Moreau gets back soon…

2 wins! without hemsky! how!?

10. Bank Shot says:

I’m not sold on Rourke, even though most of you guys are. But yeah. He was scary in his nine minutes tonight. I think the pixie dust might be wearing off.

11. Rod says:

No…but I think Gilbert (GG) messed up on that one more than Pitkanen. Brown came in front from GG’s side. GG swung his stick to poke check, and then proceeded to turn his back as Brown went to the front of the net. Had GG kept moving, and facing Brown, no way is he wide open in front.

Don’t get me wrong. I think GG is performing very well and Lowe better sign the kid long term real quick. Just saying you can’t pin that goal on Pitkanen.

12. Rod says:

I’d KILL to hear Rod’s take on that shot (and Garon’s ridiculousness)

Keep an eye out for “Audio Highlights” on the Oilers podcast feed. They’ve had those from the last two games at least. For all I know they’ve been doing it all season. I ran across it after Friday’s game and it was something else to hear Phillips call from the 5-1 Anaheim game. Got goosebumps all over again (beating Burkie is so much fun :-). In particular, the two late 2nd period goals from Horcoff and Brodziak. Enjoy!

13. Doogie says:

Nah, it’s only been the last couple of games.

Too bad my Mac OS is completely FUBAR or I’d be listening to it again and again.

14. goldenchild says:

is that Sarah Silverman? if so she really cleans up nice. real funny broad too.

I said it yesterday if they got 2 points yesterday on the back end of a B2b coming off a win and 3rd game in 4 nights it would be a hell of an effort and it was. Clearly they lost some steam in the 3rd but that was to be expected but a great game from garon and another SO win.

So when Hemmer and Sanderson come back who moves out?

15. Dennis says:

I can’t believe Rod just called someone a “broad.”:)

Maybe this board has been transported back to the 40′s:)

I liked Rourke BEFORE I read his comments in today’s Sun. But having read that, I fel in love with the guy.

I didn’t really notice anything about 52 last night despite the fact that he’s pretty slow. But we’re not asking for much from him, either. And so far he’s getting it done.

The Oilers D overall, just too many chances allowed last night. I know netminding’s the biggest deal on a team and that Luonogo has to make three or four redicolous saves a night, and Kipper used to do that too;) but I don’t think Garon’s gonna be able to do that every night so the Oilers had better tighten up.

Sometimes I can blame the forwards for turning over the puck too much and thus too much time spent in our own end but last night I thought some guys weren’t aware enough around their net. BTW, I’ve found that 77′s making unforced errors with the puck lately. Not a whole lot, mind you, and nothing if the mind-blowingly stupid and unforced variety like Grebs, but just little plays that shouldn’t be problamatic but wind up being so. Overall, he’s still playing well but not as well as he was. I think he misses Tarnstrom or that he’s not really gelling with Pitkanen.

16. Bruce says:

Goalies get hot, the team gets hot. Who would have thought?

That’s it in a nutshell. I had high hopes for Garon when he got signed, and he has been at least as good if not better than I dared dream. I heard great reports about this guy when he was stuck in Montreal’s farm system a few years ago; his last four seasons in the minors (> 150 GP) he had save percentages of .920, .918, .937 and .927; his last two years in Montreal in limited action, .940 and .921. Finally given his chance with the defensively-inept Kings, he struggled (.894 and .907) like many others before him in La-la-land. But there’s nothing in his resume to suggest his .914 with the Oil is any kind of a fluke, and he’s been even better than that in the shootout (stopping 12 out of 13 for an amazing .923). Forgetting about save percentage for a moment, this is a backup goalie on a non-playoff club with a W-L record of 7-4-0.

The presence (and judicious use) of an adequate backup has been most helpful for Roloson, who has never been a 60 GP type of guy. This year Roli struggled from the outset, but that little vacation he got seems to have turned him right around. He has really seemed focussed in recent games; the camera often finds him between plays with his eyes closed, talking some little mantra to himself. And when the puck drops he has been right in the zone, playing four outstanding games in a row.

Which leaves difficult decisions like the one MacT faced last night, with one guy rested and one guy coming off a shutout. I think it was a good choice to give Garon a shot at his old club; presumably now he comes back with a fully rested Roli against Sid and the Kids, but whatever he decides, two hot goalies is a good problem to have. They can make the coach and the whole team look good.

17. Dennis says:

There aren’t a whole lot of teams that can win unless the netminding’s damn good.

Take a team’s that very young and you’re gonna need exempliary, sp, tending.

Garon started out a bit shaky but in the last little while, the only goal I’ve been disappointed with was the first one he left in when the Oilers lost at home to the Avs. I think MacT was getting ready to hand him the reins and I was a bit disappointed that he’d give MacT a chance to change his mind.

Anyway, as you say, three games over .500 and a good PCT on a bad/young club means the early returns are promising.

18. Ribs says:

I think it was a good choice to give Garon a shot at his old club; presumably now he comes back with a fully rested Roli against Sid and the Kids…

*gulp* I hope it doesn’t go to the shootout with Roli in net.

19. doritogrande says:

Okay, it’s been pissing me off all day. Who the hell is that chick? She looks too much like Sarah Silverman, but I can’t be certain.

20. Ribs says:

The pic is named Silverman.jpg so I’d say it’s her.

It’s Sarah Silverman. She’s a beauty.

22. PDO says:

I take it I’m on the “Sarah Silverman is an annoying blank, who looks like blank, and is about as funny as believing signing Sheldon Souray to Ryan Smyth’s money is a good idea” island?

I don’t really know that much about her to be honest. She’s a pretty girl, though. Which was why I put her in the post.

24. Bruce says:

No idea who the hell she is, but based on that pic I’d tie her shoe laces for her.

25. Art Vandelay says:

Come on, she’s got her own show, she’s funnier than hell, and Jimmy Kimmel is poling her.

26. Bruce says:

Who’s Jimmy Kimmel? Never heard of him either. Does he play in the Eastern Conference?

27. Black Dog says:

Bruce, that’s hilarious. That is my Dad’s stock response to everything my niece says.

“Green Day? What team does he play for?”

28. dawgbone says:

She’s the female Carlos Mencia… she relies on shock humour.

She’s also stupid, not funny, and obviously blowing someone important to get her own show.

Just like Mencia…

Well, she sounds like a real nice girl. :-)

30. LittleFury says:

Well, she sounds like a real nice girl.

She’s not funny, that’s or sure, but you have to respect her for her charity work.

31. digger says:

Charity, indeed.

Jimmy’s got a smile that one can’t help but feel an uncontrollable desire to fill in the gaps with a baseball bat ensconced in razor wire.

I cannot ****ing stand him. I don’t know why exactly, but I figure it must come from God’s benevolent urgings.

32. Dennis says:

I fell in love with her when she did that year or two on SNL. She had fuckall lines but she was cute as fuck back then.

Since then she’s bounced around and DB is right that most of the time I saw her doing standup on a late show, it was all about the shock. But though many people think I can be cruel, even I wouldn’t compare anyone to Carlos Mencia:D

I just watched watching The Sarah Silverman Show in re-runs this summer and it’s hit or miss but when it’s on, it’s gold.