Oilers at Blues, G41/07-08

The Edmonton Oilers continue their road trip tonight in St. Louis. I saw some of the Blues-Wings game the other day, they have some nice things (Boyes is a beauty) and their blueline looks ridiculous moving forward into the end of the decade.

Legace has apparently found a home and the good decisions (and nice contracts) are all over the roster (along with a few that haven’t worked out but most teams have them).

The game is on PPV tonight and that’s probably a good thing. I’ll probably go on the internet every hour or so to check the score.

Watching your team bleed out in the middle of winter two years in a row is pretty tough when it’s on free TV. Paying for it seems a little much.

58 Responses to "Oilers at Blues, G41/07-08"

1. Andy Grabia says:

I’d love to know the buy rate for this baby. It’s most certainly zero in this household. I’m getting ready for the NFL playoffs, and I’d rather watch winter league ball than the Oilers right now.

2. David says:

Us Stateside Oilers fans who have to buy Centre Ice to see the team have a tougher choice to make (since we get the PPV feeds free) – invest the time and risk further dissapointment, or watch the Flames-Rangers game?

Hope springs eternal, and I have the next few days off work …

3. pboy says:

Does anyone know what the timeline on Hemsky’s return is?

4. Black Dog says:

3-7 days according to the website. And Pitkanen draws back in tonight.

Frustrating to see the Blues moving back towards respectability so quickly while the Oilers struggle so badly. Andy Murray is a beauty. Too bad he wasn’t an ex-Oiler.

5. Bruce says:

Andy Murray is a beauty. Too bad he wasn’t an ex-Oiler.

Well said, BD. Murray’s one of the best in the biz, and should receive serious consideration to coach the Olympic team.

The midseason slump has been a constant throughout MacT’s tenure. I can’t remember the last time the Oilers had a good December-January portion of their schedule, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t in the current millennium. Last year’s midseason slide was masked by the fact that the post-deadline tank job was so extreme, but this team seems to go through a “second period lull” every season.

Today marks an anniversary of sorts, one calendar month since the last time Oilers really actually beat somebody. Granted there’s shootout “wins” and the poor results are spread over two seasons, but with 7 real wins in 60 games over the past 10 months the Oilers are flirting with futility marks established by the likes of the 1974-75 Caps (8 wins), 1980-81 Jets (9 wins), or the 1992-93 Sens and Sharks (10 and 11 wins respectively). Those were all first- or second-year expansion teams … so what’s our excuse?

Win a damn game already.

6. Andy Grabia says:

Those were all first- or second-year expansion teams … so what’s our excuse?

The Journal ran a story today rightly laying blame at the feet of Basque nationalists. They are terrorizing our hockey club, making sane decisions impossible. Until that threat has been eliminated, Oilers ownership and management cannot be judged.

7. Gilmore Tuttle says:

Word is out that the EIG has REJECTED Katz’s latest bid.

I’m sure if this is purely speculation on TSN and Sportsnet’s part, but if true I think I might throw up…

8. garnet says:

Canadian Press has moved a story; the bid’s been rejected. They’re citing Katz’ reluctance to guarantee keeping the team in Edmonton. We must caution ourselves against reflexive cynicism, but I’m going to guess that’s a smokescreen of some kind — either it’s flatly false or their notion of a guarantee included poison-pill-like conditions he had to reject.

9. Pat H says:

What?! No, please… Are you sure it’s not just something related to this TSN story?

10. Dennis says:

Like David, I’m paying for CI anyway so the PPV games are a sunk cost. I’ll check it out anyway because I’ve already been watching a tonne of movies lately and with the writer’s strike still ongoing, there’s not much else to do.

As for the game, 25′s back so that’s a good thing and it looks like 89′s getting the HS so that’s another plus.

Regarding the latest news on the ownership front, off the hop it seems ultra depressing but maybe there’s something a little more to it than what it orginally seems.

BTW, that’s me playing a new role, ie the optimist:D

11. Pat H says:

Dennis: re-reading the article, I think you’re right. Nowhere is there a quote from an EIG member saying ‘rejection’. The ‘rejected’ bit seems to just be the editorial work of CP.

At least I hope so.

12. mc79hockey says:

This seems to be the money quote:

13. Alice says:

If this turns out to be more than white noise, FF 4 months and see what the end-game might look like for EIG: 3000 season ticket holders sit on their wallets and Katz ups the ante to what, 170M?
    That would be an interesting meeting.

14. Oilman says:

From the CP article on edmontonsun.com: Oilers owners are being urged not to accept Daryl Katz’s offer to buy the team in “any way, shape or form,” the new chairman of the Edmonton Investors Group said this morning at Rexall Place.

From MC79′s quote: “In no way, shape or form should anyone sign the agreement in its current form,” said Bill Butler, new chairman of the group, who was quoting the advice of outside legal counsel.

The intent of those quotes is so different, one would never know they were the same….I hate the media, or anyone else that assumes I can’t draw my own conclusions.

15. jon says:

With midterms over I’ve sort of resorted to a similar plan. Taking some time off following hockey so I can relax a little. Once something of substance happens with the roster I’ll probably get sucked back in though, I suppose.

16. namflashback says:

re: EIG

Negotiating smokescreen.

The Board can hold this vote and make a recommendation (6-4) but it is still a shareholder decision.

Nothing is final. Board composition does not match the pro rata share of the largest shareholders.

17. garnet says:

alice, I’d love to believe that 3,000 season tickets holders would hold the EIG’s feet to the fire, but it won’t happen. People in Edmonton have money at the moment and are indulgently supportive of the team, and that’s what makes talk of needing a guarantee against moving it so preposterous. Where’s a better place for the team to be?

18. mike says:

I gotta say that I had a bad feeling about the Katz offer from day one. I don’t think he would be the Mark Cuban of the NHL, but more that he would be a thorn in the side of all things bigger than money. Something tells me that an egomaniac with pharmaceutical roots is not remotely the cure for the Oiler’s problems one bit.

I like community, I love the community ownership in Green Bay and Edmonton alike. Honestly I have been a bit nervous about a short guy running this team from the first time I saw him on tv.

I think under a billionaire we’d see a lot more Sourays and a bunch less Tarnstroms come to camp. And I don’t want a roster like Calgary where 3 guys have 40% of the payroll with a bunch of career AHLers filling in spots on a very short bench.

I’d rather win with a team like the 93 habs. Not one player in the allstar game but they all got SC rings. I suspect an egotistical billionaire will never understand this and will instead try to be steinbrenner right out of the gate.

I hope its dead.

Hip hip EIG!

19. mike says:

And one more thing.

Sheldon Souray said that for the new year he was going to try and cut back on Happy Meals. Is this for real? My kid eats better than elite athletes?

These guys should be living on locally grown organic produce with tonnes of omega oils and edisin proteins. Does anyone do homework?
    What a joke.

Maybe they could look to ubiquitous literature before they wonder if they should trade the kids or sell the farm.

No wonder they lose.

20. Andy Grabia says:

There is no community ownership in Edmonton. 30 rich, white dudes own the team. Any of them ever come over for potluck at your house? If not, stop fooling yourself.

21. mike says:

I met one of the owners a couple times and a friend of mine works for another. She says he is a wonderful boss and the dude I met was so low key you’d have never picked him in a line up from plumbers and mechanics.

Not much mind you, but a totally different vibe than I was expecting, I must say.

22. Bruce says:

I’m already glad I didn’t waste my $$$ on this game. (PPV is against my religion) Listening on the radio is painful enough. I mean how hard can it be visualizing Smid losing track of his man in front of the net for an easy tap-in? We’ve seen this movie before, all too many times.

23. mike says:

Business theory states that a teamwork model will always be able to accomplish things that an adversarial, oligarchical, or hierarchical model will never realize.

Teamwork is slow, pathetically frustrating, and amazingly balanced in the accommodation of small interests constantly considered.

30 old fat white guys still makes a team. 1 skinny (short) white guy usually makes for a dictator.

24. Bruce says:

Nilsson was “dreadful” and “beyond description” on that shift. For a homer, Rod calls it as he sees it at least some of the time.

25. Dennis says:

On the Blues goal:

- Pisani Has to do a better job trying to get that puck out.

- Garon Has to glove that inital shot.

- Once again, Smid’s check eludes him. The last two seasons have been as much about breaking him in as it has been anything else. The same fucking mistakes over and over and over again. I don’t know if it’s a confidence issue or if it’s hit a wall or if he’s simply not that good.

Other stuff:

- Garon’s having a terrible time with rebounds. He’s made a couple of dandy saves off bang-bang plays but he’s also turned a couple of nothings intos somethings.

- Stortini drew a penalty so that should get him another five starts.

- Moreau took another dumb penalty

- Tarnstrom’s out while 5-37 are paired together. Can someone tell me what’s going on? Souray’s averaging the most TOI; can someone tell me what’s going on?

- Oilers lost far too many battles and Nilsson made two unforced errors and took a penalty behind the Blues net to boot. I can’t wait to see HF blow up once he’s demoted and if he isn’t, that means that he’s joined Smid and Gagner to from the unholy trinity of the unaccountable.

26. Nelson88 says:

why is stoll playing the 1st powerplay with souray?!

so that the two D men who can actually gain the zone and have the most goals among the D (gilbert and pitkanen) can get the 2nd PK unit?!

what the hell…

27. mike says:

Laddy!!!!!!

28. gary b says:

things i’m noticing since i don’t have PPV:

– what is the deal with TSN’s between period ‘analysis’? tonight’s panel poll question – “Who’s better? Toews or Kane?” McKenzie and crew sound like girly teens reading Tiger Beat magazine.

29. Slipper says:

That was an entertaining period.

Smid’s fight was awesome. Both he and Backes flipped off their lids before thew threw down. Is there still a penalty for starting a fight with a visor? Or was there never one to begin with and I’ve been over doing the ether?

Grebeshkov can’t even shoot the puck. What’s his upside, anyways?

When Sheldon Souray is handling the puck his stick looks like a rubber hose. Has he ever made a pass more than 15 feet long that didn’t bounce over the revieving player’s stick? No touch whatsoever.

That was Thoreson’s best period in recent memory. He was all over the place on Gilbert’s goal, and was involved, not only with the assist, but with two heavy collisions on the forecheck.

People bounce of Penner, like Dan Cleary off Pronger.

30. Bruce says:

It doesn’t both me one bit that the Oil have showed up for this game in bad temper. A game with a couple tilts in it can change the attitude of a team, something Oilers certainly need to do.

Stortini drew a penalty so that should get him another five starts.

Stortini draws more powerplays than he causes. In his last 20 games, admittedly in limited minutes, he has incurred 42 minutes in penalties, including 6 majors and only 1 minor, and all of them coincidental or better. Maybe that’s not as much “running around” as some people would like to see, but I can guarantee you, Dennis, it is something that has endeared him to MacT. NO stupid penalties.

In the process he has tangled with the likes of David Koci, Arron Asham, Ben Eager, and (after he injured Ales Hemsky) Martin Lapointe. Stortini got exactly 5 minutes for each fight; any extra minors have gone to the other guy.

Sounds like that was quite the tilt with Dwayne King, who’s been a 2-3 PiM/GP guy wherever he goes, so another tough hombre no doubt. For the second time tonight the much-maligned Stortini was there to answer the bell. Surely that’s worth a little respect?

It also sounds like Smid more that held his own with Backes, which is one movie I wouldn’t mind watching again sometime, Ladi.

31. Bruce says:

How’s that for amazing timing? Stortini gets 2 for interference, his first single minor in 8 weeks, literally seconds after I hit “publish”.

Fuck.

32. Tyler says:

It says a lot that Ladi’s best skill is his ability to chuck ‘em.

Who would have thought that the Grebs/Smid duo would be on the ice when the Blues tied it?

33. Ribs says:

Schremp’s had a good night in the A. Assisted on all 3 Springfield goals and clinched the winner in the shootout.

34. Ribs says:

What, no shoot-out?

This Penner kid continues to impress.

35. Bruce says:

Smid may have won the fight, but Backes scored the tying goal with Ladi on the ice, then was high-sticked by Smid giving the Blues a huge PP chance. Sounds to me like advantage: Backes.

Haven’t seen the goal yet, Rod described as another breakdown in coverage, sounds like Grebeshkov might have been the closest Oiler which either means he was directly at fault or he was trying to cover for his partner who was completely out of the play. Come to think of it, I’m not sure I want to see it.

Wait a sec, we won! I guess I can handle a highlight package now, even one with a couple of ugly GA.

36. Bruce says:

Horcoff: first point in 7 games,
    on Oilers’ first GWG in 7 games.

37. Gilmore Tuttle says:

Finally…a win in OT that wasn’t in the shootout, and a PP goal to boot. And a great night for Mr. Penner, he’s been a McGuire Monster for this team as of late.

And now on to the next issue at hand, why is Butler and his EIG small-time cronies so hell-bent on ruining what could be a great thing with Katz? It reeks of a PR pitch to garner support for the buyout of the major shareholders.

38. Lord Bob says:

GO FATSO! GOILERS! Have another pizza, Dustin. You earned it.

39. Steve says:

Rod calls it as he sees it at least some of the time.

Rod *always* calls them as he sees them. It’s just that how he sees them is so delightfully delusional.

My favourite recent incident was when I player on the other team (we’ll say it was the Wild, because I’m pretty sure more than half of our games are against them, and we’ll say the player was Demitra) was going in on a near-breakaway:

“And Demitra’s hauled down after getting past Grebeshkov. There’s a penalty on the play, and I think it’s coming against the Wild.”

And Morley was like “Uh, no.”

40. Dennis says:

All of 5,12,18 and 46 took stupid penalties tonight. Early on this season, I was shocked by how few penalties the Oilers were taking and in particular how little of those infractions were of the dumb variety.

Of course there’s nothing like the return of Moreau to bump up those numbers.

As much as I like MacT, it’s interesting to me that a few days after he made the ephihaneous declaration, “you can’t play nilsson, cogs and gagner together”, he still goes and puts 5-37 together. Seriously, heading into tonight, if I was to ask you which D paring was most likely to give up a goal, you know you’d pick that one. So, Smid loses his man for the first goal and Grebs goes lazy for the second one. You know what, Smid looked super old timey when he was getting ready to throw down, and I mean that in a complimentry way, and he seems like a really nice guy and an easy fellow to root for BUT considering his has basically zero offensive upside and he loses his man in own zone coverage, you wonder just what his upside is and if it’s worth wasting all this time on him.

Despite having two assists and coming back twice to break up plays, I thought 25 looked a little bit off tonight. And, yes, Souray ISN’T a puckmover even though he thinks he’s one and the Oilers play him like he’s a shutdown defender.

To end on some positive notes:

- Garon finished strong after starting off a little bit shaky.

- You can see why Lowe would fall in love with Penner. The guy has something that the Oilers have never had since I’ve been watching him. You can say a lot of things about Brew but him being a weakling isn’t one of them and he threw down Brew tonight on at least two occasions. If Lowe had paid Smyth, signed Penner and Hejda and left Souray where he was, we’d be much further ahead.

- The man takes dumb penalties but Moreau plays a power forward’s game, shows absolutely no fear and is indefatiguable. The way he drew that last penalty was nothing but remarkable.

41. Bruce says:

For all the diss-onance on the ‘sphere about the Penner signing, the Oiler fan that is rooted in my brain stem hopes the guy develops into a superstar and makes Lowe look like a genius.

Exactly 10% into his controversial contract it’s way too soon to tell, but the signs seem mighty positive of late. Tonight Penner looked like a finisher on both of his goals. I loved the way he used his feet on both, breaking away with a nice burst of speed in the first instance and then kicking the puck around the goalie for the tap-in winner. A guy with his strength, hands and reach, give him a dollop of composure around the crease and he’s mighty tough to stop.

And it’s about fucking time somebody, anybody scored in the third period and/or overtime. Well done, Dustin. Encore! Encore!!

42. LittleFury says:

Yeah you can tell he’s an egmonaiacal drug addict by the way he’s plastered himself all over the place since making his bazillions. And here I thought the knock on him was his intense privacy. You and Jonesy need to have a huddle.

The Oilers are community-owned only in the sense that the members of the exclusive, private club that constitute its current ownership reside in the community. So yeah: not at all.

Based on…?

Yeah, you want the same bunch that spent pretty much 100 per cent of its payroll (flush to the cap to boot) on a team that would have a hard time handling the cream of the A.

Good one.

Yessir: we need a team that will bump into th eplayoffs by the grace of god and lie in the weeds until the real contenders bow out. A truly sustainable model of success.

Right. ’cause he’s short and on drugs. Like: fuck, man.

43. Slipper says:

Mike and Gene Principe must have been forwarded the same memo. You know the one which explains how the Oilers are publicly owned?

Plus, screw the ’93 Habs model. I know my vote in the next Oilers plebiscite will be to model this dynasty after the 1907 Kenora Thistles.

Let’s leave forward passing to the teams owned by the narcissistic, ambiguous, drug barons of the world.

44. CrazyCoach says:

I think Mike is a mole for the EIG or a shareholder for Whole Foods.

The EIG has proven to me that it likes nothing more than its own wallets more than actually putting a winner on the ice. Instead of paying $4 Million for a new dressing room, why didn’t they buy an ice plant?

Katz would not be a Steinbrenner and why all of a sudden are the Flames the measuring stick upon which the Oilers are measured?

Why not use the Red Wings as a measuring stick? Mike Illitch slung a million pizzas and busted his ass to buy the Wings and under his ownership the Wings are the model franchise of the NHL.

45. Andy Grabia says:

Whenever someone talks about the EIG being a community based team, I lose my mind. Putting aside the fact that it’s 30 rich entities (not even all people) in a city of almost a million people, many of them don’t even live in Edmonton. Anyone hang out with Todd McFarlane at the Sugarbowl lately?

46. PunjabiOil says:

Regarding Katz

The guy was born here. Went to the U of A here. Built the largest house in Edmonton [25M]. Made the largest donation [7M] to the U of A in its history. Saved the Grand Prix of Edmonton when it was losing sponsors. Donates large sums to Strollery Children’s Hospital. Bought a section of tickets for Tickets for Troops night. Ensured the Cash is King lottery would break even by purchasing large sums of lottery tickets when sales were struggling.

What a fucking monster!!

*Rolls his eyes – major sarcasm*

It’s too bad the EIG have cast doubt on Katz character. Way to alienate their largest corporate sponsor.

47. Andy Grabia says:

LT, can we expect a post on Stamkos and Tavares any time soon? They continue to shine at the WJCs.

48. rickibear says:

Read Souray went back to Edmonton, instead of Nashville, reagrivated shoulder.

F***!

49. garnet says:

Those who are tracking Schremp’s efforts in the AHL must take note of the attendance in his game in Lowell, Mass. tonight: 965. He must be hoping most of them are scouts.

50. Andy Grabia says:

Read Souray went back to Edmonton, instead of Nashville, reagrivated shoulder.

I saw on the highlights that he was bandaged up with ice before the game even started. Weird, though. The guy has no history of injuries.

51. mike says:

since the symantics seem so inflammatory, maybe I should have used the word “teamwork” instead of “community”, but somehow I suspect there would have been an equal effort to ignore that text as well.

I never met balsille, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want to work for the guy. You know anyone able to work WITH Katz? I’ve never met him or any of his immediate staff. Does anyone have any reason to think that he is not a dictator being viewed as a philanthropist? Does he run a top down model? I’ve met a couple guys who built financial empires alone and they had egos as big as $25M homes too. Most every business still run by its founder is 100% hierarchy.

Detroit is who they are because of great drafting and management who decided to stick with Yzerman when the world said trade, then they gambled on Russians and it worked.

EIG demanded from the outset that they were going to run this in the black, and to date, I don’t think they’ve pulled much of a profit if at all. It was largely because of the EIG’s efforts that the league wide salary cap showed up and gave a team like Edm a chance to compete at all.

While hoping/dreaming that spending lots of money is going to help create a winning team, we all know winning is not remotely about money. Winning is about teamwork.

One pioneering mind a team does not make.

52. danny says:

Mike…

I’m not sure how familiar you are with large corporations, but I’m not sure how you could consider it a dictatorship. I’m not even sure how relevant that is to anything, but seeing as how your posts are pretty off the wall, i figure a bit of information to move forward on could only be of service.

Katz is the Chairman and CEO of the company he started. The company although named after him, is run by a Board of Governers and owned through Financiers and Investors including Katz. It’s HIS company, but this ‘dictatorship’ you throw out there is nonsense.

Not nearly as much a load of nonsense as suggesting though that the EIG haven’t made any profits. For you to make this statement means that you either havent been paying attention, or being outright disingenuous. It has been well disucessed and documented amongst the people that cared enough to notice, the EIG have been doing very well finiancially.

I don’t begrudge them for that at all, i’ve only ever had a problem with the way they played on the public sympathy as a way to increase margins. They have lost their leverage though now, and trying the same coy shite against someone that has captured the minds of the public isn’t a smart move.

Even many (aparently not all) of the blind EIG supporters are left scratching their heads on this character assasination attempt.

53. mike says:

Before I respond, I want to say that I don’t believe in coincidence. I find immense fascination that the Katz offer came out on the same day as the Mitchell Report on Steroids in baseball. And in advance, please spare the “there are no steroids in hockey” tripe. From what I understand the Swedish Elite League is about 60% and I shudder to consider what may be the ECHL. Its not the NHL elite, its the kids on the bubble in the minor leagues where the abuse is apparently rampant. US high schools are between 3 – 6% said Mitchell, so I can’t be too far off the wall I think.

So to respond to Danny. To be honest, I have no idea what the EIG has reported to have made from the team in the last three years, nor do I have any idea what the investors have actually seen for a ROI. Have they received promissory notes or fiat currency? Or has the rise in perceived value been the source of the accounting? I have no idea and will make no conclusions about their returns except to say prior to the lockout the EIG was running dead even. Remember the $800 000 goal that Comrie got? there were at best minimal currency returns on their investment at that time, I would hazard a guess.

So Katz has a company run by people. What is the protocol for the inner few? I have no idea.

I somehow fear a prospective voice coming which says,
    “Draft Metcalfe instead of Niewendyk or Richter.
    “Draft Issel instead of Adam Graves.
    “Soberlak instead of John LeClair
    “Leroux instead of Recchi or Amonte or Blake.
    “Soules instead of Kolzig Foote or Lindstrom.
    “Scott Allison instead of Tkachuk, Doug Weight, or Marty Brodeur.
    “Tyler Wright instead of Kovalev, Naslund, Murray or Staois.
    “Hulbig instead of Gonchar, Straka, or Jason Smith.
    “Nick Stajduhar instead of Jason Allison, Saku Koivu, or Todd Bertuzzi.

But I’m sick of this. It just keeps going and going. until about 2001 when some guy named Kevin Lowe got the handles and drafted some kids named Hemsky Pouliot Dubnyk Cogs Petry and Sam.

Who was the voice making those decisions then? I don’t know. Who ever it was, I sure hope they don’t come back.

Is anyone here absolutely sure that Katz wouldn’t be that voice again?
    I fear George Katzbrenner deja vu all over again and I don’t have much to point otherwise.

Also, not lost in coincidence on me is that from about the day of the Katz offer the team has hit the toilet, and on the day the offer is questioned the team wins a road game in St Louis.

There is no I in team and I am not convinced that Katz understands this at all.

How to measure one’s understanding of the mechanics of building a team to win a cup? I would have to figure proximity to wins would be the only foundation and evidence of which would be a handful of rings.

While some are quick to piss on the EIG, and laud the knight at the gate, they may be wise to first assess what we’ve got before we jump for a revolution. Because he’s got no more rings than me.

Anyone remember 06? you know, the year before last? I think we’ve got it pretty good without Katz. Is all.

54. mike says:

Here is my question:

Why on earth does Katz need to own the majority now? Why can he not just buy a couple shares and be a part of the team?

It all sounds funny to me.

As for me I only ever played street hockey, but my kid wants to go tot he NHL.

If we need a champion to lead the NHL to a steroid free era where my boy gets a fair chance to compete, does anyone think Katz could possibly be our man?

55. LittleFury says:

Because, as a short, drug addicted dope peddler, Katz would want to buy a sports team to ensure a constant market for his supply of performance enhancing drugs., right? Can you tell me whether it was a nuke or a space laser that brought down the Twin Towers.

Is anyone here absolutely sure that Katz wouldn’t be that voice again?

So when a team with a single owner does well (Detroit) it’s due to “great drafting and management”. and not the owner. When a team with a single owner does poorly (Edmonton under Pocklington), the poor drafting and management is the owner’s fault. Heads I win, tails you lose, eh?

Katz’s offer was in February 2007? Do you even follow this team?

How many Cup rings does Bill Butler have? More importantly: who gives a shit?

Can’t say this really supports your P.O.V, given that the Oilers won sweet F.A. under the happy team that is the EIG. In fact, they made all their hay under that damn dictator Peter Puck.

56. Master Lok says:

I keep waiting for the sarcasm face to show up after mike’s comments… still waiting…

57. Slipper says:

I find it highly coincidental that on the day Katz offer became public was the same day I received more than 5 offers to enlarge my netherlands in my junk e-mail tray.

Here’s my question:

Wouldn’t you rather place your trust in a management and ownership who tagged boatloads of chicks before the advent of unnatural means to achieve erections? I have more faith in a group of indiviuals who played 8 SECONDS all across the continent, TOGETHER, than a smallish, Hitler-esque, who can buy his women and pop the pills that go beyond any natural performance.

As for me, I only banged chicks in public restrooms and the back seats of a Honda Civics, but my kid, he wants to go all the way with the Jenna J’s of the entertainment world.

Will Katz be the man to champion the cause against unnatural methods of getting up, like saline solution, mechanical pumps, and the Billion Dollar Drug Baron Empire of wonder pills, and give my kid the chance his dad never had?