- G-Garon 1.1M; Roloson 3.67M
- LD-Souray 5.4M; Smid .886M
- RD-Gilbert 4M; Staios 2.7M; Greene 1.15M; Roy .500M
- C-Horcoff 3.6; Cogliano 1.133M; Brodziak .497M
- LW-Penner 4.25M; Torres 2.25M; Nilsson, 1.83M; Moreau 2M
- RW-Hemsky 4.1M; Pisani 2.5M; Gagner 1.625M
- TOTAL INVESTED: $43,191,000 for 18 players
Guessing the UFA Hit
- Glencross: 3 years, $1.8M/yr.
- Reasoner: 1 year, $1M/yr
Guessing the FA Hit
- Stoll: 1 year, 2.2M/yr
- Grebeshkov: 3 years, $2M/yr.
- Pouliot: 3 years, $1M/yr
- Pitkanen: 1year, $4.4M/yr
All signed, that would be 24 players (one over the limit) for a total of $55,591,000 which is under the projected cap ($56,300,000). Dropping the 24th (extra) man, Mathieu Roy, would leave the Oilers $1.2M under the cap.
NOTE: The cap numbers for RFA and UFA’s are obviously guesses and this assumes Kevin Lowe is content bringing back last season’s roster intact. Both are obviously incorrect but it gives us a nice starting point.