For Mikhnov one imagines the highway to the NHL is no longer blacktop but a loose gravel road that narrows every few miles.
Mikhnov finished second on his team in scoring this season (52gp, 14-20-34) behind Alexei Yashin (56gp, 16-27-43) who didn’t lose much offense going from the NHL to the RSL season over season.
Here are the 07-08 Desjardins’ NHLE’s for European Oilers prospects per 82gp with their league and age in brackets:
- LW Alexei Mikhnov (RSL) (25) 18-27-45
- LW Linus Omark (SEL) (20) 13-24-37
- RW Alexander Bumagin (RSL) (20) 18-15-33
- RW Dragan Umicevic (SEL) (23) 16-12-28
- F Fredrik Pettersson (SEL) (20) 7-9-16
- D Jozef Hrabel (RSL) (22) 4-12-16
- C Mikael Zoukov (RSL) (22) 4-12-16
I included Umicevic and Pettersson on the list even though they are no longer Oiler property. Hrabel and Joukov are likely gone this summer too. If any of these guys play over 100 NHL games it would be a surprise and if one of them does it with the Oilers we should have a parade.
I hope someone calls Frank Musil to say hi now and then, although it might not be worth the price of the phonecall. Traktor Boy remains interesting if only because of his incredibly small TOI during his two NHL games (9:22, 4:21).