Nash Rambler to 2009 WJ’s?

Word today from Jim Matheson in the Edmonton Journal that Riley Nash may get an invite to Canada’s world junior under-20 camp. Quoting the article and Hockey Canada Chief Scout Al Murray “He played at Cornell, a team that plays a defensive style and he put up some good numbers.”

Here are a few select Edmonton Oilers and their career World Junior Championsip numbers:

1. Robert Nilsson 18gp, 7-10-17
  2. Rob Schremp 14gp, 5-6-11
  3. Joni Pitkanen 14gp, 2-8-10
  4. Ales Hemsky 7gp, 3-6-9
  5. Denis Grebeshkov 20gp, 3-5-8
  6. Andrew Cogliano 12gp, 2-6-8
  7. Jarret Stoll 14gp, 2-6-8
  8. Ladislav Smid 19gp, 2-5-7
  9. Raffi Torres 7gp, 3-2-5
  10. Sam Gagner 6gp, 0-0-0

6 Responses to "Nash Rambler to 2009 WJ’s?"

1. Dennis says:

I had seen this a few weeks ago when reading the coverage of the aftermath of the Devils first round loss but it looks like Pandolfo’s done as a Devil.

The guy’s been playing tough min since before Desjardins was monitoring them and he’s pretty good at it, too. Oilers are already paying 34 to do it for them so I don’t think you’ll see him as an Oiler but someone should get a good player.

I wonder though why he’s being let go? Devils — even under Sutter this season — have always committed to giving the Madden/Pandolfo duo the tough min and a lot of EV TOI so maybe Sutter’s about to change the way the Devils run their bench.

The only thing I can think of is injury and maybe they feel he can’t get to the ball at deep short and get enough on the ball to throw out the runner.

Other than that, it’s a mystery. He’s been quality forever.

3. K says:

Coming Down the Pipe has a new post about summer training with Moreau has already been going on for several weeks.

It points to a link to Moreau’s training page: http://www.backtofunction.com/index.htm

I find the following link by bro, Ethan utterly hysterical:

“Not only does he structure my training program, but he also trains many other pro players because he makes you stronger, faster and helps prevent injuries.”

Tell me you’re lying to me.

5. HBomb says:

Huh? Seriously?

Haven’t the Oilers man games lost to injury gone WAAAAY up since Chad Moreau took over from Daryl Duke?

That’s not just a coincidence….

6. pboy says:

Shoulder workouts must not be part of Chad’s regime……..