Happy Father’s Day

My kids are still asleep. When they were little, they’d wake up at about 6:30 on Father’s Day morning and give me their gifts: my daughter made me a toolbox one year, it’s still one of my favorite things ever. My son spent several years making things that got lost (apparently) on the long road between his classroom and our house, but he did give me a keyholder that I still use everyday.

I spoil them. I try not to, you know it isn’t good for them. I make them get a job every summer (delivering the Gazette last summer and this) and the boy will be learning to drive this summer. My daughter is the youngest and she’s growing up so fast it’s a blur.

I mentioned to my wife yesterday maybe we should have another one. The look she gave me either said “I don’t think so” or “I plan to poison you.” Either way, we’ve bagged our quota and all is well.

Happy Father’s Day, Dads.

7 Responses to "Happy Father’s Day"

1. Mike says:

When my wife proposed taking my 3 month old and 3 year old sons to the in-laws in Newfoundland for 2 weeks, leaving me to my own devices, I thought “Great! TV and beer 24/7!”

I want them here RIGHT NOW! Daddy sucks at bachelorhood!

Happy Father’s day to all dads.

And LT – this blog is just ridiculously good. I’ve lurked for about 6 months…

2. Mark-Ryan says:

All this hub-bub about Father’s Day almost makes me regret my Vasectomy. Almost.

Happy Fathers Day regardless.

3. Baroque says:

Reminds me to make my annual Father’s Day thank you call home.

Father’s Day cards are so sappy – I always give Dad a big “thank you” for not throttling me as a child, no matter how strong the temptation must have been at times. :)

4. doritogrande says:

Learning to drive this year? Congrats, you’re 3 years away from getting booze for father’s day!

Being a father is something I’m looking forward to above all other things, not that it’ll happen for at least another half-decade, so happy father’s day to all the dads here.

5. Black Dog says:

Will be a dad for the third time in a month at which point it will be the big V for me, might be a do it yourselfer – its madness here, as you can imagine. ;)

Happy Father’s Day to all you Dads out there.

6. Bruce says:

Will be a dad for the third time in a month

BDHS: That’s an impressive feat. I’m not sure admitting to it is such a good idea …

7. Oilman says:

My daughter woke up just after midnight and yelled out to me – I ran into her room because she sounded terrified – when I got to her bed, she threw up all over herself, me, and everything in and on her bed – so at 1am I was giving her a bath and doing laundry, and trying to explain to her why pooh bear needed to be washed and couldn’t go back to bed with her……just after midnight…..Fathers Day is over old man