I’ve been doing some driving this week, listening to tons of music (a variety of styles and eras). I’m struck by just how many truly great songwriters are crazy. Warren Zevon belongs on the list.
Making predictions is silly. If anyone was half good at it they’d gather attention soonafter making them and become famous the world over for predicting the future.
There are none. It’s all crazy talk, baying at the moon gibberish. You’re better off betting 7 than you are trusting anyone to your left or right and yet we all do it.
So, here goes. 10 things that will happen before the end of Oilers TC fall ’08:
- Oilers add at least one more significant player.
- Rob Schremp has a terrific training camp and doesn’t make the team.
- Dustin Penner shows up and demolishes last year’s fitness testing numbers.
- Ales Hemsky looks older, more mature, stronger. Better.
- Theo Peckham is the surprise of camp (in a good way).
- The Oilers training camp invite list has at least two former NHLers on it trying to find their way back to the show.
- Ryan Potulny makes the team.
- Gilbert Brule is sent out early enough to cause a stir and some bad feelings.
- The Oilers surprise everyone by staying relatively healthy this fall (betting 7 here).
- Jason Strudwick is in the opening night lineup, and Ladislav Smid isn’t.