Oilers Sign Corazzini

The Edmonton Oilers have signed veteran forward Carl Corrazzini. I don’t know if he’s on the “50 Man List” but the Oilers signed him instead of Springfield and that must put him higher up on the pecking order.

Also, this from Kevin Prendergast courtesy the morning fishwrap: “He’s not very big, but he can fly and he can score. He gives us more depth and should make us a better team in Springfield. And if we run into injury problems, he certainly wouldn’t be a guy that we would be afraid to call up.”

It looks to me like the Oilers are intent on delivering a better team to Springfield and that a guy like Rob Schremp may not be in the AHL come fall. The Falcons now have enough scoring depth to have one or more of Schremp, Brule or Potulny make the big club and still manage a decent first line.

Corazzini finished last AHL season with 80gp, 24-36-60 totals and in a tie for 34th overall in league scoring. The top Falcons point-getter last year was Sugartits with 78gp, 23-53-76 (in a flat-footed tie with Jeff Tambellini for 7th overall).

33 Responses to "Oilers Sign Corazzini"

1. Dennis says:

I guess I’m threadjacking here but did anyone else see this??

It’s from Don Brennan, so, we should take it with a grain of salt; still, even though he says more picks and players would be tacked on to the principal assets, how would this deal make sense for LA?

At some point, yes, they’ll likely have to move some of their young scoring talent for a D that’s more established than Mssrs. Johnson-Hickey-Doughty. But, still, I don’t know how you move Kopitar unless he’s put it out there that he has no interest in playing in LA in the longterm and any attempt to cajole him to do so will be met with the sound of discontent and fury.

On the topic of the post: No room for Brule or Schremp now that all the bottom sixers have been signed. JFJ is an easy decision to keep as a pressbox guy and Brule’s an easy farm when you consider there’s not much room for him and he’s yet to play any time in a league – the AHL – that could be good for him. Not sure if the Oilers keep Schremp around as an extra forward; I’ll guess they pimp the hell out of his newfound affinity for conditioning and hope he has a great camp before they deal him.

2. Dennis says:

Wed, July 16, 2008
    Rumours swirling over three team deal
    By DON BRENNAN, SUN MEDIA

OTTAWA — If talk turns to action, Bryan Murray could be on the verge of making his biggest move as the GM of the Senators.

A hot rumour in NHL circles has him discussing a three-way blockbuster with the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings, Sun Media has learned.

While draft picks and other players might also be involved, the principles appear to be a group of five or six that include a couple of veteran goalies and some of the game’s most promising stars.

QUITE THE SCENARIO

According to insiders, Ottawa would trade netminder Martin Gerber and defenceman Andrej Meszaros to Los Angeles, the Kings move 20-year-old centre Anze Kopitar to Chicago and the Blackhawks would propel puck stopper Nikolai Khabibulin and either of young blueliners Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker to the Senators.

On the surface, it seems the deal could be a rare win-win-win.

The Senators appear to be at something of a contract impasse with Meszaros, a restricted free agent with three seasons of NHL experience who is said to be looking for a salary in the $3.5 million range.

The 22-year-old Czech was the team’s seventh leading scorer last season and, should he be re-signed, stands as their top puck moving defenceman. But Meszaros’ play has also slipped since his standout rookie season and many view him as Murray’s primary piece of trade bait.

DON’T WANT TO LOSE GOALIE

Gerber, who is entering the last of a three-year deal that will pay him $3.7 million in 2008-09, has had his ups and downs as a Senator.

Moving him now before losing him next July as an unrestricted free agent would be Murray’s desire, but only if he could get a No. 1 goalie back in return.

3. Oilman says:

If they don’t want to lose a goalie – why trade one UFA for another?

4. ClaytonMagnet says:

So, clearly Schremp needs to play out of his mind to make this team out of camp. Realistically, I’m wondering what type of performance he would need to put up in order to force his way on the team?

With the log jam that is their bottom 6 and AHLers chomping at the bit, I have to imagine Lowe is still burning up the phones, looking for that 3 for 1 deal everyone’s hoping for.

Off topic, and on to Dennis’, wow. A top 4 of Kane, Toews, Kopitar, and Havlat (if he ever stops doing his Moreau impression) = the Chicago Globetrotters.

5. Coach pb9617 says:

One that he’s not likely capable of putting on.

6. ClaytonMagnet says:

True enough.

7. Sean says:

Good signing for the Oilers. No matter how good a coach you need veteran guys to lead – even in the AHL.

Wow I like that move for Chicago but the move doesnt really make sense for LA. Why do they need more puck movers, cant they just wait a year? Its not like Gerber is the keeper to save the team. I wouldn’t be trading Kopitar.

8. Doogie2K says:

Can we just assume that every trade “rumour” coming from the Ottawa Sun these days is a load of horse shit? Really, I think we’d all save ourselves a load of time and brainpower.

9. Boondock says:

Kevin Lee on Hockeybuzz reporting Neil + prospect to Chicago for Barker.

10. Doogie2K says:

How many E’s?

11. Bruce says:

Wow I like that move for Chicago

Khabibulin and Barker for Kopitar would be the deal of the century.

(Give me a fucking break)

12. doritogrande says:

“How many E’s?”

3 unless i’ve missed my guess. One from nEil, prospEct, and barkEr.

That’s how hockeybuzz does it…right?

13. Ender says:

Guess I should have added “for 6 years” to that.

14. oilerdiehard says:

That is fantastic news that we locked up Horcoff long term. Lowe said during the middle of last season he wanted Horc here long term and got it done.

15. CM says:

Anyone know $ on horc and I agree this is great news

16. oilerdiehard says:

Team 1260 is now saying it is a 5 year extension and not six which is fine with me. That takes him to 35 years old I believe.

17. Ribs says:

Woohoo!

18. goldenchild says:

The offseason is officially a success, Horc for 5 more years is fantastic news.

19. gary b says:

better add an “ED” on that blog subtitle.

YAY! SCORCOFF!!!

20. Ender says:

The official Oilers site says 6. 2014-15

21. oilerdiehard says:

The official Oilers site says 6. 2014-15

Yeah it seems uncertain right now. But I believe it was Spector on the Team 1260 who said that. He said his source had the initials “SH”.

I guess we will see. They could be including the final year of his current contract in that total.

22. Steve says:

Six’d be fine too. Between style of play and devotion to fitness, Horcoff’s the kind of player you can easily imagine being effective at 40.

23. James says:

Scott Hamilton?

24. Bendelson says:

Its a great day to be a Horcoff fan.
    Nice.

25. danny says:

Let me be the first to say, wow was I wrong on Horcoff taking the UFA NHLPA route.

Well depending on the $$ of course.

Nice to see in any respect. Now if we can get a defensive center, and let Horc run his numbers on 2nd Qualcomp then the deal looks even better ;)

26. Ender says:

The official Oilers site says 6. 2014-15

‘cept if they were, he’d be listed as being with the team until 2013-14.

27. oilerdiehard says:

Yeah TSN says 6 year extension as well.

28. oilerdiehard says:

‘cept if they were, he’d be listed as being with the team until 2013-14.

Well unless I mistaken this is an extension. He has 1 year left on his current contract and then the new contract kicks in.

If it is a 5 year extension plus his current year (on the old deal) that takes him to 2013-14. But TSN is saying 6 year extension too so that 1260 info might be off?

29. goldenchild says:

33mil over 6 years. 5.5 cap hit, good deal for both sides.

30. oilerdiehard says:

I missed most of what he said but Stauffer said the money his sources are hearing. He then said hopefully we have got this one right. So it does sound like they were wrong, I assume that is what he was referring too.

Maybe Spector did hear it from Scott Hamilton. :)

But Stauffer says his sources say 6 years/33 million for a 5.5 million per season cap hit.

31. Oilman says:

Scott Hamilton?

Shane Hnidy….those silent H’s will fool you everytime!

32. zh01 says:

最新的深圳市房地产北京翻译公司了。深圳翻译公司搜索巨头谷歌、俄语翻译
    韩语翻译广州同声传译上个月成交量放大广州翻译公司上海翻译公司。,德语翻译,,但这种趋势能否持续,还令深圳各界忧虑。商务口译,料就在昨日下午稍晚时间,同传设备已经说明一切。翻译是一门严谨不容践踏的语言文化。同声传译,凡购买中国移动手机充值卡深圳同声传译翻译部署促进房地产市场健康发展措施出台,深圳翻译.深圳英语翻译 ,无需制作炫丽的界面和复杂的操作功能深圳日语翻译,中国移动后台词库和网络搜索资源来获得。一时间采访的开发商、地产中介、银行 广州翻译公司,用户的体验不能停留同声传译一扫而光”,接受本报广州翻译公司,韩语翻译的今天,同声传译偶尔会和翻译公司东莞翻译公司。在线翻译工具。法语翻译同声传译设备租赁,是会议设备租赁,一项调查显示法语翻译几乎将深圳地产的阴霾情绪同声传译设备租赁,是会议设备租赁深圳手机号码网,深圳手机靓号,有的用户同传设备出租会议同传系统租赁1—11月份报告昨日公布选择在线翻译会议设备租赁乘坐和所有客户一起分享奥运来临的喜悦。新疆租车,奥运喜充天”活动更多的是通过线翻译同声传译