Whisper

I’ve been zipping around the Al Gore this morning in search of information on my second favorite hockey team (the Ottawa Senators) and their apparent efforts to duplicate the 1972 off-season of the California Golden Seals (Charlie Finley lost everyone to the WHA that year).

In today’s Ottawa Sun, Don Brennan says “other available options being quietly shopped, according to one assistant GM, include the hard-shooting Sheldon Souray (although the local TV stations would have to stop running that jewelry store commercial in which the former Hab is undressed by Jason Spezza, right?), Philippe Boucher, Kevin Bieksa, Mike Van Ryn, Trevor Daley, Adrian Aucoin, Filip Kuba, Tom Poti, Jaroslav Spacek and Cam Barker. “

This makes sense based on the Visnovsky pickup and the makup of the Oiler defense at this time. They lack an impact player with a wide range of skills despite having 2 D making buh-zillions. It’s a concern. There are no impact free agents still available but there are defensemen who can flash leather out there.

Hey, I’m pretty happy about how this team is coming together. The Oilers haven’t signed a bad free agent, acquired two NHL veterans who can help and appear to be sending out indicators about how important Shawn Horcoff is to the future.

But if I find out tomorrow that Sheldon Souray has been traded to Ottawa and the Edmonton Oilers have signed Marek Malik as a free agent then happy turns to delirious and then it’s hurry September.

75 Responses to "Whisper"

1. Jonathan says:

In today’s Ottawa Sun, Don Brennan says…

Isn’t Brennan the same guy who was pushing for the Senators to go all Bobby Clarke on Sidney Crosby? LAraque then called him an idiot, so Brennan challenged Laraque to say that to his face, and naturally, Laraque did.

I don’t know what his credibility is like on rumours, but elsewhere it’s pretty low.

I love Laraque. He’s a beauty. I have no idea about this fellow, but he isn’t SImmons and he isn’t Garrioch so he isn’t the biggest assclown out there.

The Senators have a Meszaros problem. He wants multiple years in @ $3.5-4, which is more than Phillips and more than Volchenkov. And Meszaros doesn’t solve their need for a defenseman who can quarterback the powerplay. And the Senators have cap issues.

Meszaros is not really an offensive D, and isn’t really a shutdown guy, but he is a guy with a lot of potential. Huddy might be able to work with him.

So in a Souray deal, we would be probably looking a getting Meszaros back.

Souray would actually be a pretty good fit in Ottawa, considering they have Phillips and Volchenkov to do all the heavy lifting.

Murray is probably pulling out all the stops in trying to trade for Bouwmeester first. But Meszaros wants more money than all the other Florida defensemen are earning also.

Souray’s contract is a bad contract, so if we have to give a semi-bad contract of $3.5 million per season to Meszaros it wouldn’t be such a bad thing.

The Senators also need depth defenseman, so maybe the Oilers could throw in Matthieu Roy and one of their prospect defensemen.

Neil is also on his way out in Ottawa when he becomes a UFA, with Cody Bass taking his role.

Say Souray, Roy, Cody Wild, and Pouliot for Meszaros and Neil.

4. DeBakey says:

“Souray, Roy, Cody Wild, and Pouliot”

That’s a lot to give up
    just to get out from under Souray’s contract.

I like Meszaros but can’t imagine Ottawa trading him.

//I like Meszaros but can’t imagine Ottawa trading him.//

They really can’t afford him, because he can’t quarterback the powerplay, and the Senators will have to pay someone who can.

And with Phillips and Volchenkov in the shutdown role, Meszaros doesn’t “fit in” in Ottawa.

Souray would be a great fit for the Ottawa power play.

The Oilers can give Meszaros and Smid third pairing minutes. Meszaros would be a big improvement on Greene.

Come on Jacques Martin, don’t trade JayBo to Ottawa.

Even Souray should be able to see that Ottawa would be a really good fit hockeywise for him.

7. Dennis says:

Brennan also got into it with someone at the Mem Cup too, didn’t he?

I’d argue he’s an even bigger clown than Garrioch and that you can’t compare Brennan with Simmmons because the former at least tries to talk hockey moves while the latter just comments on them and does so badly.

By the by, does anyone else think Simmons resembles a grown up Alex from Degrassi High? Honest to fuck, everytime I see him, I keep thinking of how Tessa cheated on him;)

8. Dennis says:

One last thing: there’s no doubt that Souray’s on the block. I heard it on NHL Live from EJ Hradek and now you’re hearing it from Brennan so that means someone somewhere is spilling the beans.

9. Black Dog says:

As long as they move him by next Canada Day I will be happy. With him and Roli off the books you’ve got almost 9 million to play with – I think that would get you Horc, Garon, Grebs and Cole (or his replacement) re-upped.

I think the market this year has shown us that almost any contract can be moved.

10. Ribs says:

I just don’t see the return here from Ottawa. What would they give up? Mezsaros (RFA) and Neil? Yikes. I wouldn’t make that trade for just Souray let alone the troop suggested.

Unless Fischer, Alfreddson, or one of their more prominent defensemen are coming over, I can’t see where the Oilers would benefit here. Besides the chequebook. Which doesn’t seem to be a problem since Tony took over.

ribs: I’m assuming Huddy, Lowe, MacT and whomever else made the Hejda call and the Staios call (etc) could take the dollars or make a deal for a defender who fits the Oilers needs better at this time.

Acquiring Visnovsky somewhat duplicated Souray’s skills and now they’re left with a massive amount of money to be used on the point during PP’s.

It’s like having Matt Stairs and signing Frank Thomas. Who would do that?

I’m not saying either is useless at EVs, but a player who can handle himself in the defensive end, doesn’t get exposed in terms of speed or size, can move the puck effectively and doesn’t get hurt a lot would be a nice replacement for Souray should he head out.

And the things that player doesn’t bring (that Souray does) are covered by Visnovsky.

12. mike w says:

I’m tickled pink to read this kind of rumour. PINK.

13. Ribs says:

They need $5.4M of cap space to find a Hejda/Staios guy? Shouldn’t the guy already be here if that’s what they were looking at doing?

The top Free Agents are all but gone now, so what good is cap space? Unless some quality is coming back or a second trade is on the table that would require the dump, it just doesn’t make sense.

14. HBomb says:

The guy I’d look for in a Souray to Ottawa deal?

Vermette. He could be that 9th forward that would allow Moreau to be perma-bumped to the fourth line:

Cole Horcoff Hemsky
    Penner Gagner Nilsson
    Cogliano Vermette Pisani

(The 3rd line has a nice dynamic because Vermette, like Cogliano, is a LW who can play C).

Do that deal, dump Roloson, then sign Malik AND Smith. I’d be a happy camper.

ribs: Maybe it’s a trade, maybe its a free agent signing. Souray’s contract has long reaching implications though, and I for one would be completely satisfied if the Oilers got taken in the deal in terms of actual assets.

There are UFA players available and there are teams who are looking to move contracts. We are a long way from having all 30 teams just waiting for TC.

16. speeds says:

What kind of deal makes sense for both teams?

Would OTT go for a deal with the basis as Vermette and Meszaros for Cogliano and Souray? Would EDM? What would be needed to even that out, if it’s unfair?

17. Ribs says:

Vermette and Mezsaros are both RFA.

With Vermette going arb that means the Oilers are getting 2 years (at best) from him. That’s a lot to give up for 6 seasons of Cogliano.

speeds, do you like Meszaros on a similar level to Cogliano? The Oilers would be bringing in another young D but this guy has plenty of experience at 22.

The next question is “would Ottawa do that deal?”

19. speeds says:

I don’t know LT, it would be kind of interesting. One could make some sort of argument for both teams making the deal, and both teams not making the deal.

Not to mention that Souray could stop the deal, were he so inclined.

My guess is that OTT wouldn’t do that deal, but it’s just a guess.

20. MikeP says:

Ugh, the idea of moving Cogs churns the stomach, even if it is Vermette coming back. I like Vermette a fair bit, but even Cogs for Vermette straight up doesn’t sound great at this point.

21. HBomb says:

Could Vermette for Souray straight across fly? Is Souray plus Schremp enough to land Vermette and Meszaros? Probably not…what would we have to add in?

I don’t think Cogliano goes in a deal anytime soon unless it’s Simon Fucking Gagne coming back (or someone of similar pedigree). So my guess is, given Ottawa’s need for secondary scoring (and the soft minutes that could be available) and their blueline needs, a Souray/Schremp package could be attractive to them.

Even if you had to move those two JUST to get Vermette, you can take the salary savings, grab Malik to take Souray’s spot in the top six, and away you go….

22. Scott says:

I don’t see how the Senators are having cap problems. They may want to bring someone in for the PP to replace Redden, but given that they have another 12M to do that, I don’t see how finances are a problem. They still need to sign Meszaros, Vermette, PP D-man, Scrub F1, Scrub F2. This requires some combination of 3.5M, 3.5M, 3.8M, 0.6M and 0.6M. That does not strike me as problematic IF they can find someone worth signing out there.

But they may not need to. Meszaros was a fine option on the PP last year. He received the 2nd most D minutes on the team, but 6th or 7th overall depending on Stillman, and had 3.78 Pts/hr. That’s better than Redden’s 3.12 in more icetime on the first unit. I really don’t know how the Sens run the PP, but it looks by the numbers that they use 4F on and that Meszaros may actually be an improvement over Redden, though that would also depend on the styles of the two players. Still it doesn’t look like they need a PP Dman to me.

That said, if we could trade Meszaros straight up for Souray and sign Meszaros to some term at 3.5M I would be really happy, and happier still if the savings from Souray (and a bit more if needed) went to bring in Malik for two years.

23. jon k says:

If people have a problem with Souray’s defense, wait until they see Meszaros’.

24. Bruce says:

Maybe they’re all reading the Oilogosphere, where everybody and his (black) dog is trying to wish the guy away.

My own rather naive stance is that Lowe didn’t deliberately play Russian Roulette with bullets in every chamber determined to shoot his franchise in the fucking head, and that perhaps he might have seen something in Souray that he thought would help the Oilers. Unfortunately, none of us got get much chance to see that last season.

I do know that unlike the Other 44 who bailed one year into a five-year contract, that Souray is where he wants to be, AND he has a lot to prove. I’m keen to see what he brings to the ice in ’08-09.

25. Traktor says:

The Sens can can’t afford Mez so they trade for Souray?Come on….Souray is about 25 cents on the Meszaros dollar.

Souray comes with as much risk as Marty Havlat. The only difference is Havlat is a UFA after the season and Souray has 4 years left.

5.4 million for a guy who has chronic shoulder problems and some think he will fetch Mez, or Vermette? Yikes… I guess behindthenet doesn’t have grids for player value.

26. danny says:

If we can replace Sourays contributions a little cheaper, then its worth doing. But we need a bigy body down low especially for the penalty kill…

Whats happening with Jason Williams?

I think he would be an excellent pickup. He could create some murder minutes for MacT…

Penner / Horcoff / Pisani
    Cole / Williams / Hemsky
    Nilsson / Gagner / Cogliano
    Moreau / Pouliot / Stortini

Run with Horc on the shutdown line, and a pretty responsible, scary-fast 2nd line. I think that top 6 is an outscoring setup, and the kids should hopefully have more EV+ than EV- against the softer matchups

How much is Williams asking I wonder? 3.5 for 3 years a good idea?

27. PDO says:

I’d bet a good chunk of money that Kevin Lowe is very, very interested in Martin Havlat.

28. toqueboy says:

for those who want to dummp roloson and then present no backup goalie plan…i’m glad you’r not a gm.

also…is anyone else getting sick of all the articles with ‘assume’ or ‘could you trade’

i am a much larger fan of the facts…fact is garon and jdd is BS in net…like conklin/markannen BS.

and second fact is we still have souray, so rather than try to trade him, perhaps consider strengths…options, etc

if all you see is the huge contract and slapper, you’re really simplifying souray’s contribution to team and community…it’s like saying lowetide’s blog is crap because he’s never played pro hockey or some such hockey cliche.

i’m with those who want to see him healthy…i’m a little tired of edmonton fans knee jerking when players are hurt…this past year we want to trade every injured player…we didn’t do it verytime smytty or moreu wen down, so why do we do it with torres, stoll, souray, etc.

because everyone else has used the word…let’s assume stoll gets 60, greene turns into reghyr lite and torres pots 25….all of a sudden vish and brule don’t look that good because we already had vish coverred in souray who has a NMC and brule could die in the minors…

i like all the trades, but i think fan speculation/hysteria has really hit annoying peak. souray’s signing was a big step for this team as far as saying we’lll pay and we can attract top rung FA…i think everyone has a really bad attitude right now to be honest and it feels like all of a sudden we feel like we’re the center of the universe…i’m embarassed cause that’s TO’s role…areen’t we more hhumble than that out west?

maybe the issue isn’t souray, buut a lack of true grit in the other players…they are afterall supposed to be nhl defenceman…replace staois and smid seems easier to do than unloading souray…both stois and smid are grey area defenders and i’m not sure why we’re so pumped to have them…playing smid is like saying i’d be happy to have jdd playing 30 games….it’s still small amrket ‘use or tools’ mentality

Bruce: Souray isn’t garbage, I know that. However, this club needs a LD who can play a little better defensively than he can, maybe a little smoother at lugging the puck too.

If the Oilers keep Souray, I’m fine with it. However, Visnovsky’s skill set makes Souray a little redundant and there is a need for a “defense first” veteran who can log the tough minutes.

Has Souray ever been a top pairing D who had to do the heavy lifting? That’s not what he is, but it is what we need. And I say that knowing he was better defensively than we all feared looking at the Montreal math.

30. speeds says:

LT, I kinda think neither team would make the deal the more I think about it, but who knows?

31. Islandlife says:

Looks like the Oilers may have made an offer to Justin Williams.

32. speeds says:

Do you mean Jason Williams? And is there a link?

33. jon k says:

I hope the rumour is accurate. Williams would be a great pickup and is a RW for the 2nd line.

34. Traktor says:

How is Williams a great pickup for the 2nd line?

He isn’t better than what we already have.

speeds: It’s on HF, some site called “The Insider on Pittsburgh sports.”

It would be an outstanding signing. Not the top line player Lowe wanted, but exceptional value and a guy whose scoring rates are certainly impressive.

Traktor: I see him as being a guy who can walk up and down the roster and play well. For lack of a better comp, he could fill the “Dvorak role” on the Oilers lines 1-4.

37. danny says:

Thats great news on Williams, i had no clue about that when I posed the idea earlier in this thread.

I assumed he was a center though, hes a little undersized but could be a great pivot for Hemmer, and then we stiffen up horcs qualcomp a bit

38. toqueboy says:

sorry…that was typed on a smart phone…ugh typo fest

39. Traktor says:

If that is the case, LT, he would be a very nice signing.

Traktor: Hopefully. I don’t like him as much as jonathan (who I believe sees him as being superior to a few Oilers offensively) but he seems to have played tough competition over a couple of seasons and done well.

That’s a Dvorak type to me.

41. danny says:

Looking at the qualcomp from last season, the Oilers top two centers in terms of tough minutes are gone… so Horc is the defacto tough min guy now pretty much. He has struggled offensively when his minutes were tougher, so I’m not keen on keeping Hemmer with him and going Power vs Power.

I don’t believe Horc or Hemmer have shown they have it in them to outscore in that setup.

MacT has run with a shutdown line numerous times, I expect to see that this season.

Williams… meet Hemmer.

42. Islandlife says:

Yes Jason…sorry.

Pretty sketchy at this point:

It isn’t really a rumor (is that site anything?) but it does make some sense in a “we’re signing a poor man’s top line scorer” sense.

If any of this is true (Souray, Williams) it means Lowe was doing a counter-trey when he said they probably weren’t going to be terribly active.

44. Sean says:

Another forward? I wonder Lowe has a series of trades in mind.

45. Dennis says:

Bruce: I don’t know if it’s as much as you being naive as it is you citing things that really don’t matter, ie Souray wanting to be here and having things to prove.

While that might be true — once again it wouldn’t matter to me — it would offer us no help when it came time to offer additional money to first Horc, Garon and maybe Cole and then later 13-89.

You’re talking about moves by a guy that had five teams to choose from with Pronger’s departure and choose Ana for reasons like sheer number of assets in return and/or belief in Lupul and Smid, so, yes, there’s every reason to believe that Lowe looked past — or didn’t care to bother to find out — that Souray was an EV pylon who needed to be sheltered.

If Williams is coming here, I’d imagine it adds more juice to the room that Souray’s on his way out because Williams will be the other point man besides Lubo.

I have to say that my biggest Williams memory is him taking the penalty that lead to the PP goal during that wondering third period of the G6 series clincher over Det. I’m pretty sure 94 drew the penalty just by being down there mucking around.

46. HBomb says:

My Jason Williams memory?

Getting absolutely destroyed by Torres in Detroit on that open-ice hit earlier on in the 06-07 season.

The weird thing about that was that the guy who GAVE the hit never seemed to be quite the same after it happened….

47. Scott says:

Souray is a very useful defenceman, but his price point is too high. If he was signed to the same contract as Staios, people wouldn’t be complaining. Moving out Staios and Smid doesn’t solve much because it would be difficult to replace them at the money they’re getting. Souray’s skills can be replaced more cheaply so he takes more heat.

In terms of Meszaros or Vermette, I have no idea why the Senators would trade either guy. They have the salary room to keep both and both have performed well early in their careers, but if we could get one at the cost of Souray, that would be great.

48. Coach pb9617 says:

Souray for Cheechoo.

That’s the final word.

49. Bruce says:

Dennis: It sure as hell mattered when Mr. and/or Mrs. Pronger didn’t want to be here.

Kevin Lowe can be accused of a lot of things, but not caring isn’t anywhere on the list.

Souray is a very useful defenceman, but his price point is too high.

Scott: This I agree with.

50. Jonathan says:

I know I’m one of the few (I think Mc79 is still on board) but I really believe that entering the season with Conklin/Markkanen was a reasonable proposition, and Lowe’s only real error was waiting until the trade deadline to address the problem. Conklin was coming off a nice year, including some good play in pressure situations for Team USA, and Markkanen had an MVP season in the RSL during the lockout. I refuse to crucify Lowe for making a decision that was reasonable given what we knew at the time.

The problem with Souray is that what he brings offensively is duplicated by Visnovsky, and what he brings defensively isn’t much and can be had for fewer dollars. I like Souray, but not the contract, and I (along with most of the commenters around here) have wanted him out since he showed up, because he’s a bad return on investment.

That comparison seems a little far-fetched. I don’t see Souray adding anything to the team that we don’t already have (as discussed above) and in terms of community involvement, we wouldn’t pay Le GG 1.5M for it so why would we shell out 5M+ to Souray for it?

Lots and lots of people want Moreau out of here given his frequent injury situation. It’s the same with Souray given that he has consistently been injured for large stretches of his NHL career. As for Torres, I was OK with dealing him to clear room for someone else, but not just for the sake of getting rid of him, and I think Stoll was being shopped because his role on the team had diminshed and he wasn’t in the long-term plans (Horcoff, Cogs and Gagner are the centres for the next half-decade in all likelihood, where does Stoll fit in?)

If Stoll pots 60 it was still a good trade because he’s getting way more opportunity in L.A. than he did in Edmonton. Greene is 26 years old and has yet to progress beyond 3rd pairing sheltered minutes. He isn’t far from getting paid anyways, and is an eminently replaceable player, and I for one have very little fear of him suddenly turning into Robin Regehr. I agree that the Torres trade looks bad (even if he only scores 15), but it has to be considered through the salary-dump light.

As for the Williams rumours, I hope there’s something to them. He’d be a great addition, because he’s versatile and can seemingly play against tough opposition. I wouldn’t liken him to Dvorak though because he beats tough opposition in high-event rather than low-event fashion.

51. Dennis says:

Bruce: Well, then, maybe Lowe didn’t bother to care what role Souray had at EV. Or perhaps he thought the Oilers could afford a 5 mill plus caphit for an ST guy.

I just know that somewhere along the way he fucked up.

52. PDO says:

Is it just me, or would Curtis Brown fit in nicely?

Brown is interesting, as is Brylin.

54. Oilman says:

I just know that somewhere along the way he fucked up.

I’m sure you’ll crucify him for it as soon as you figure out where that was

55. Dennis says:

Oilman: why exactly do I have to pin down the “figuring.”? It’s enough that he signed him to that contract. Or it’s certainly enough for anyone that wants to look at things objectively.

56. Jonathan says:

Brown is interesting, as is Brylin.

And Jan Hlavac!

Hub of Hockey (A Boston sportswriter) posted on the Flames board tonight that Calgary has signed Bertuzzi to a 2-year deal.

58. PDO says:

Fucks sake.

It’s good, because Bertuzzi is a downgrade from Nolan, and I’m guessing he got very similar dollars…

But I like Bertuzzi. I just can’t help it. For some reason though, some outside force continues to spite me and he has to continually play for every team that I hate.

Still likely good news for Oiler fans, especially with Bert’s wonky back in this division.

59. Hoos says:

At the Saturday night social, who do you think usually asks Bert to dance first, Burkie or Keenan? I can’t understand the devotion shown to Bert, but you can bet K-Lowe’s comments will be locker room fodder AT LEAST 8 times a year now. Does anyone think that Bert can be as useful as Nolan was? I say that facetiously for sure, but by all accounts losing Bert has been addition by subtraction just about everywhere since the Moore incident. Does he make your team better?

60. oilersfan says:

hi guys

first time poster here

wondering why no more talk on how Minnesota has been kicking so much ass in the trade/free agent market. i think they got Zidlicky for draft picks when Carolina had to give us Cole for Pitkanen (and we had to give up two roster players for Visnovksy – how did Zidlickey go for so little??), paid a great price for a second line Brunette (half of what Huselius cost), and now picked up Nolan. Strange to me that Nolan got a $1 million raise but I thought if the Oil could have signed him for 1.6 like he got from the flames that would have been a nice third line winger to play with Cogs and Pisani.
    Nolan is tough, can score a bit, and can win faceoffs so Cogs doesn’t have to take them. oh well, too late minny got him and paid more than i would have wanted the oilers to pay for him.

toughness really an issue here, especially if we sign Jason Williams.

has anybody noticed that Goddard, Laraque, and Fedoruk all got signed on the first day. No high quality tough guys available as ufa’s

lastly, does anybody here think the oilers should chase Demitra? He would make a hell of a second line center with Cole and Pisani, leave the Congo/kids line together and Penner with H and H.

That leaves Brodziak with stortini and moreau to toughen things up and check a bit.

alternatively, maybe that whole sceanario can take place with Jason williams in the middle with Cole and Pisani.

61. Oilman says:

dennis – you may look at that signing objectively – but you’ve got a hate on for Lowe that skews your view of everything else he does…..if I ever wanted an objective opinion of lowe’s moves – your’s would not qualify.

62. Doogie2K says:

One of the first rules of coaching is, never coach according to contract. No offense, but sticking Horc on the checking line for the sake of reeling in his counting stats is a terrible fucking idea on every front. Anyone who could possibly get more offense with Hemsky is either already signed or not available for trade.

Souray for Cheechoo.

Ehhhhh. If you forget the 56-goal season, you’ve got another top-six, 25-goal guy, and even less on the back end pending yet another deal, and I’m not sure how much more wheeling and dealing can really be done with what we’ve got, unless we can convince a team to give up a defensive stalwart for a package of kids, which I don’t see happening at this time of year.

Or we could try to win every game 7-5, I guess. I’d enjoy that.

I’ll back you up on that, too. They both got hurt in training camp, actually, and never really recovered/got a chance to recover. From there, it was circus time from October to March.

Not to mention the dressing-room/coach-relations light. I suspect that was as much to do with it as anything else (see also LT’s theory about Torres being pretty much out of sight, out of mind after the injury).

63. Dennis says:

OM: I think I have more of a dislike for the way guys like yourself worship Lowe more than I have a dislike of Lowe himself.

Lowe makes some good moves and some bad moves but he doesn’t do enough good to warrant the hero worship that folks like yourself bestow upon him.

64. Oilman says:

Dennis – I don’t worship Lowe – I can call a spade a spade. If Lowe makes a good move I’ve got no problem giving credit where it’s due. The Pronger return wasn’t good, the Souray signing I didn’t like….but Lowe built a team that won 15 playoff games based on some pretty shrewed trades not to long ago. Burkes team wins 16 games and people think of him as one of the best GMs in the league and I think that’s a load of crap. The thing is, we’re three summers on from the Pronger trade and I’ve been able to let it go…I think that’s the reason guys like you don’t like guys like me…not because I worship lowe – but because I don’t think you’re anywhere near as smart as you think you are.

65. Dennis says:

I just find it funny that some guys will follow other guy’s post on a near-regular basis and try and change their opinions:)

You say you can call a spade a spade; well, I said the same thing when I cited some of Lowe’s moves that I liked. Yet, I was railing on the Souray signing and it stuck in your craw enough that you felt compelled to throw a shot about it:)

If You were as smart as you think you are;) then you’d know what you’re doing is pointless:)

66. Oilman says:

like I said dennis….it’s been three summers. I’m not trying to change your opinion – I just wish you’d stop giving it:o)

67. Oilman says:

on following your posts. It probably appears that way – I just tend to disagree with yours more than others I guess. You induce more eyerolls than most.

68. Dennis says:

Well I guess we’re back to someone so conditioned to getting his own way that they feel the need to try and tell someone what they should or shouldn’t write.

Good luck with that!:)

69. Oilman says:

man – I’ve got a wife and a three year old daughter – I never get my own way.

70. Dennis says:

Well, maybe that’s why you’re hoping to exert you will on someone ELSE;)

In either case, you’ll have no luck:)

71. Oilman says:

So I’m doomed to at least 3 more years of magic beans talk I guess eh? or maybe 4 years – just for spite.

72. Dennis says:

Yeah, just as long as you’re sulky enough to try and tell people what to post about, sure.

73. Oilman says:

I’m terrible for not wanting someone to have the last word – but I try not to be a dickhead about it

74. Dennis says:

Looks like you’re failing on all fronts, then;)

75. Oilman says: