Ten to Watch in Springfield

Junior hockey is underway, the college kids will soon be playing (except Riley Nash, Cornell’s first game is in March) and the minor league rosters are sussing themselves out.

Read more here.

15 Responses to "Ten to Watch in Springfield"

1. Asiaoil says:

Big year for Dubnyk and a .915 SP is my bottom line – a .920 would be even better to solidify his potential as a solid starter down the road. Time to put up the numbers or be considered an underachiever.

2. Bank Shot says:

Tyler Spurgeon probably earns a call up.

Coachs at all levels love him, he’s shown he can score at the minor pro level, and now he’s added crazy fitness levels to the resume.

3. Bendelson says:

Nice numbers asiaoil – lofty.

.920 seems like a bit of a stretch for Dubnyk this season given the professional experience of the back end.

If success comes to Springfield this year, it’ll be because they are winning the high scoring games with Dubnyk making the key saves at critical times – which might just work out fine as this has been his MO since Kamloops.

If Dub can get a taste for winning, I think the save percentage will be a second thought and in the end take care of itself.

Will Springfield score?

He needs to win.

4. Rob... says:

Is Riley Nash’s first game really in March??!! Wow, that is horrible!

5. Schitzo says:

rob: He got me with that one too. It’s actually some time in November.

*shakes fist*

6. Asiaoil says:

Bendelson…

I’ve threatened to do this for years but have been too lazy. There is likely a very nice AHL-NHL save percentage equivalent out there and I figure it’s probably in the range of 0.10-0.15 off the top of my head. So lofty in AHL becomes ordinary-mediocre in the NHL quickly if it’s near the upper end of that range as I believe it may be.

If you can’t put up elite numbers in the AHL against 2nd tier shooters – why believe a guy can do that against far better shooters in the NHL? That’s always been my line on JDD – and it will be the same with DD unless he puts up some serious results this year.

7. Schitzo says:

Asia: It’s probably not fair to mention that the quality of forwards in the NHL is better if you fail to mention that the quality of defencemen also improves – that must help to offset some of the suffering.

(I totally agree with the fact that SV% drops, however)

8. relic says:

asia: isn’t SP% misleading in a similar way to +/-? If a team has a group of poor/inexperienced defenders the quality of shots is bound to be higher.

9. Jonathan says:

May as well add Pouliot to your list. The Oilers (with the pickup of Steve MacIntyre) seem committed to adding a goon to the roster, and we know that means either Pouliot beats both Schremp/Brule cleanly, or Deslauriers gets sent out.

I think Pouliot’s done.

10. doritogrande says:

Based on the number of shots Springfield gave up last season, even if Dubnyk’s got a GAA of 3.00 or higher, he may very well wind up with a save percentage of the suggested 915%.

I think it’s reachable.

11. Dennis says:

On Torres: I was looking forward to watching some early BJ games to check out all their new players and I always wondered if the 14-37-34 line from ’06 just caught lightning in a bottle or was it something that could’ve been duplicated.

I read a game story today from the CBJ Dispatch and Hitch said those two guys have chemistry and Peca had set up Raffi for a tap-in just before he got hurt.

I think the reason Raffi was dealt was for off-ice/maturity issues but by the time he got dealt he was a guy who could keep his head above water while playing tough comp and I’m always a fan of that. And if he wasn’t always consistent on the ice, here’s a time where he goes out and goes too hard and fights in an EX game and now he’s out until November.

12. Bendelson says:

asiaoil,

I totally agree with your comments about save% dropping from AHL to NHL.

My point is that there are goalies where save% is the critical stat and IMO there are goalies where it may tell the wrong story.

DD has never won (those Blazer teams were really bad). I’d suggest if he gets the opportunity to play behind a quality team, and discover the ‘winning mentality’, we could see the emergence of the DD some of us have been waiting for…

13. Asiaoil says:

Relic….sure SP will dip a bit behind a really bad defense – but even then a good goalie will still be a good goalie and stop a high percentage of shots. Take a look at Luongo’s stat’s playing with a bunch of horrible FLA teams.

Bendelson….sure I’ve followed DD pretty closely since his draft year and the potential is there – but sooner or later you have to put up results. Just like shooters who sooner or later you have to put up the points or the potential label wears off. That time is now for Dubnyk in his 3rd year as a pro.

14. zh01 says:

最新的深圳市房地产北京翻译公司了。深圳翻译公司搜索巨头谷歌、俄语翻译
    韩语翻译广州同声传译上个月成交量放大广州翻译公司上海翻译公司。,德语翻译,,但这种趋势能否持续,还令深圳各界忧虑。商务口译,料就在昨日下午稍晚时间,同传设备已经说明一切。翻译是一门严谨不容践踏的语言文化。同声传译,凡购买中国移动手机充值卡深圳同声传译翻译部署促进房地产市场健康发展措施出台,深圳翻译.深圳英语翻译 ,无需制作炫丽的界面和复杂的操作功能深圳日语翻译,中国移动后台词库和网络搜索资源来获得。一时间采访的开发商、地产中介、银行 广州翻译公司,用户的体验不能停留同声传译一扫而光”,接受本报广州翻译公司,韩语翻译的今天,同声传译偶尔会和翻译公司东莞翻译公司。在线翻译工具。法语翻译同声传译设备租赁,是会议设备租赁,一项调查显示法语翻译几乎将深圳地产的阴霾情绪同声传译设备租赁,是会议设备租赁深圳手机号码网,深圳手机靓号,有的用户同传设备出租会议同传系统租赁1—11月份报告昨日公布选择在线翻译会议设备租赁乘坐和所有客户一起分享奥运来临的喜悦。新疆租车,奥运喜充天”活动更多的是通过线翻译同声传译