He’s A Hrabal

Josef Hrabal (left) is hurt. Bad. He suffered a rotator cuff injury. We knew that already. What we’ve found out in the last day or so is that it could sideline him for four to six months.

17 Responses to "He’s A Hrabal"

1. HBomb says:

The scream of pain heard when he injured it?

A Hrabal Yell……

2. Schitzo says:

hbomb: Booourns.

Man, that is some crummy news. So much for this year’s Grebs or Hejda. Unless I missed something major, it seemed like it came from a pretty harmless play, too.

3. B.C.B. says:

That is too bad. I was hoping it was only a minor injury, so that he could go down and use his European experience to dominate the AHL while learning the NA game and ajusting to the small ice.

I thought he had a real chance to push Peckham and Chorney for being the first call up: well that is gone now. I hope he doesn’t get dissappointed when he returns and goes back to Europe next year.

4. Doogie2K says:

Hrabal Hrabal, you’ve torn your cuff
    Hrabal Hrabal, your shoulder’s a mess
    Hrabal Hrabal, how could you know?
    First camp, you’re out four months.

5. Black Dog says:

doogie2k – nice

I didn’t even think of Rebel Rebel and I had the album!

Yeah, this is too damn bad imo. Lost season for him and with it maybe his best chance to stay ahead of the flood that is the Oilers defense (in terms of prospects).

7. speeds says:

LT, here’s a quote from today’s Sun I’m sure you’ll be happy to see.

MacT, speaking of his forward situation:

“It’s pretty obvious that our top two lines are set, and the third line players (Moreau, Pisani and Penner) will play somewhere,” said MacTavish.

“And I like Pouliot, Brodziak and Stortini. So you’re looking at your 13th and 14th forward and your seventh defencemen.”

8. Schitzo says:

Unless he’s counting Strudwick as both a 14th forward and a 7th defenceman, that suggests something might be done about the 3-goalie situation.

9. Black Dog says:

There you go – Mr. Pouliot must be doing something right.

So who is # 13 and # 14?

10. HBomb says:

Good to know Pouliot’s made it. Now the idea setup for the bottom six?

Penner-Pouliot-Pisani
    Moreau-Brodziak-Stortini

I truly believe that would work quite well.

11. Master Lok says:

Ouch – poor Hrabel. But this just confirms it – he’s a true Oiler.

12. Asiaoil says:

hbomb….I agree completely and it looks good:

Penner-Pouliot-Pisani
    Moreau-Brodziak-Stortini

The only question is whether MAP can handle the toughs and we will find out soon enough. The rubbish about our captain on the 4th line be damned – he’s been out of the lineup for essentially 2 years.

13. HBomb says:

He’s done OK for himself so far, Penner seems to be at least reasonably responsible in his own end, and Pisani makes anyone look good. Given that CHH is going to take on power v. power assignments, I wouldn’t be worried too much about this trio facing the Joffrey Lupuls of the world….

Agreed completely. I’d damn sure rather have Glencross at 60% of the cost than Moreau right now. If only Lowe and MacT didn’t have an everlasting hard-on for #18, maybe they’d have seen the light.

Hell, I’d rather have Torres than Moreau right now…then again, I was a bigger Torres fan than most.

14. Doogie2K says:

I believe I read earlier today that Torres blew his shoulder in a fight. Whoops.

15. HBomb says:

Souray-itis.

In all seriousness, odds are that if Torres is an Oiler, said injury doesn’t happen….he’d likely have something much stupider happen, like a torn bicep from ‘overshooting the extreme’ at Club Mandelbaum.

16. Craig says:

I’ve been hoping for the Penner-Pouliot-Pisani line – just so it could be called the ‘triPPPle threat’ line. Hmmm, that doesn’t look as good written out as it did in my head.

17. Bruce says:

Craig: Call them the P3 line. The only thing missing is Ed Stelmach explaining how they’re going to save us millions.