Avs at Oilers, G17/08-09

The truth is that with age nostalgia comes in waves. I used to ignore it, listen to new music and shun reunion tours (save the Stones). However, at some point in time, when some girl band covers a Monkees tune, or when your kid wants platform shoes or walks around with the “layered” look, it’s impossible to ignore.

I find myself quite happy about the talk that has Quebec and Winnipeg possibly acquiring NHL franchises. I saw some beauty games in Winnipeg and some of the most electrifying games of the 1980s involved the Quebec Nordiques.

This photo (Daniel Bouchard) isn’t a very good one but the good Quebec photos are hard to find. When you played the heart of your career for a defunct club, your name doesn’t come up as often. When was the last time anyone mentioned Buddy Cloutier?

Exactly.

The Avalanche have some absolute strengths and they also have trouble in goal. They are not terribly different than the Oilers in terms of GF-GA (Oilers have the same number of GF in one more GP and have allowed three more goals), with I think the edge going to the Avs in terms of offense. They also have a huge advantage in that they have one area of weakness that, once addressed, will mean they are balanced.

Liam Reddox and Jesse James are apparently going to draw into the lineup, and this morning’s fishwrap tells us MacT will stink eye two forwards who have been vanilla (his word, and it’s a good one).

Any guesses? I’d suggest Stortini and Brodziak, but fear it will be Pouliot and Nilsson.

As for predicting the winner, I’ll say Colorado gives the Oilers a good old fashioned ass kicking tonight. They’ve tightened up the rhythm section the last couple of games and I don’t think anyone can suggest their scorers are subpar. They’ll probably score more special teams goals than Edmonton manages in all situations.

255 Responses to "Avs at Oilers, G17/08-09"

« Older Comments
  1. mc79hockey says:

Good point re: Penner, Pat. I was thinking the same thing. It’s funny last year, Vic commented that he thought MacT hid Penner against the Avs with a home game and kind of gameplanned around Smyth, suggested that MacT didn’t want to show Lowe up. Tonight was like that game in reverse, what with Penner in the PB and Smyth doing what he does.

Stauffer went on when Penner was signed about betting that Penner would outscore Smyth over the next three years. It’s now 52-47 for Penner, with Penner having played an extra 27 games and Smyth having a terrible season last year. Health matters too but, as I said at the time, I’d put my money on Smyth winning that bet. With Penner now seemingly without a top 9 spot…fuck does Lowe ever look bad.

2. Slipper says:

@MC

Re: Colorado blocking shots

Entering tonights games te Avs were:

+18 in shots on net differential
    -4 in shots+ missed shots
    -68 for shots+misses+blocked shots

Kinda odd.

Well I know many of us don’t think Tambellini is much more than a door-stop but it looks to me like this team is getting farther and farther away from being a MacT team.

He usually uses useful players, guys who can fill multiple roles. Ordinarily he’d have someone who could take faceoffs and penalty kill and generally be a leader outside of Horcoff.

He doesn’t have that.

BUT he does have some guys who can play 4 minutes a night and bash your head in.

However, the 4line becomes stagnant when the brute is in the PB so that means Stortini and others lay about and diddle.

I don’t think this is the right makeup for a MacTavish team. MacT teams are usually a little like Buck Rodgers teams, with a Rex Hudler and an Otis Nixon and a shortstop who can play first too and on and on.

Oilers are a goofy club right now and they’re playing like it.

4. Phil says:

I thought the best player on the ice was Lubo. I honestly think he’s pretty much the best defenseman I’ve ever seen play for the Oilers.

Seriously. He’s a beauty.

Wow. Wow woa wee woa. Ever???

5. Schitzo says:

My two thoughts:

Dammit, Horc, you have to bury that empty net. Fake a slapper if you want to lure the D into a dive.

And Roloson gave our shooters two seperate chances to deliver the game. Can’t ask for more than that.

6. Slipper says:

The team needs another real NHL’er at center. They miss one of Stoll and Reasoner.

Gagner is the obvious keeper of the young centers. Right now out of Gagner, Cogliano, Poo and Brodziak, there isn’t enough NHL experience.

You can’t hold on to every asset simply because they’re promising. There just isn’t room for five centers on a team when only one can make hay against other top NHLers.

They need another center to play behind, or in front, of Horcoff so they can comfortably play Gagner in a cherry miute roll for the remainder of this season, and maybe next season. At the very least, they need a center who could play with Cole and Moreau against good players, but who can also score enough to swap with Gagner in order for 89 to develop both ways.

Too many 2nd to 4th year players on this active roster.

7. Dennis says:

Ty: Maybe Tambellini really IS the GM:)

Seriously, I never thought MacT was Allowed to bench Penner, for the same reason that i thought MacT was Told to play Ladislav Albelin in the top four in the ’07.

But that seal was broken tonight so that means there Really is a new boss or MacT’s just opening up the bag of tricks and damning the torpedoes.

You have to think that one more benching of 27 will mean the papers start talking about a four million dollar man and then you’d have to think that would fall back on the man that signed him.

This could be interesting. If nothing else it will mean I have to take another poke at Brownlee over at ON over yet another topic that the writers won’t cover:)

8. spOILer says:

Questions from Sheldon and Steve on After Hours, pretty funny. The Oil certainly don’t sound like they’re panicked in the dressing room. No MacT podcast yet.

I’m sure if Horc had to do it over again, he would’ve faked the shot too. I mean, duh, we all know now that shooting isn’t going to work.

MacT post game was a good listen. He talked about the fact that they played well and had the chances, gave credit to Budaj and mentioned the Svatos 1-on-3 as being a negative but didn’t seem to upset overall.

Loved Reddox’ game, thought he played well in all areas and suggested Pouliot is good in the SO.

Also thought Horcoff had a very good game.

10. spOILer says:

Slipper, there’s no doubt that’s true—too young at centre.

So is this a development year or not? Do we make a trade and go for it now, or fight or way into the playoffs.

MacT before the game was on about this being too skilled a team to accept a mediocre record (something that usually has to be beat into kids). Sometimes I think he’d just like to see a full effort against real competition, so he actually knows what he has here. Unfortunately all he’s actually been getting is useful inconsistency.

Tonight was a step down that road though. And I think he was right in holding off cracking the whip now. First you just want to get the team through that initial monster road trip. This looked like it could be one of those games you lose at then end of a losing streak, when you’re doing the right things but not getting the results.

I hope so for now.

One thing I wonder though. I wonder what were the discussions when they were trading Stoll. Were they thinking at that time that Cogs, Gagner, and Pouliot would be able to pick up the slack? Were they thinking at that time that Pisani was the solution? Neither scenario seems terribly likely, so was another shoe supposed to drop?

11. Bob Arctor says:

Mac T post game is up. He sounded positive.

“Horc played well…I don’t pin the loss on him”

“Good game, smart 3rd period…we played a good hockey game”

“[Redox] He was great, outstanding… for him, he just made the right play virtually everytime he touched the puck…”

“they were Bumping Roli pretty good”

12. doritogrande says:

So, I seem to have arrived from to the party a tad late, and a tad drunk. Stupid saturday night wine and cheese house parties with live music…

Caught the highlights, all I can say from them is that nobody else has said so far are:

- Congratulations Liam Reddox on your first NHL goal. May it be the first of many.

- Fuck you Darcy Tucker and your being a Leaf two days after you were supposed to be here.

- Did Budaj suffer a concussion and now believes he’s Patrick Roy?

Try the pinot noir, I’ll be here all season!

13. Schitzo says:

Taken in a vacuum, I guess it wasn’t a terrible game by the Oil.

After getting schooled by the Leafs after a long road trip, however, I would have bet my house that they’d come out pissed off and absolutely thump the Avs tonight.

If dropping a stinker at home isn’t enough to motivate them the next time out, what is?

14. Schitzo says:

And as a followup, what a brutal day to be an Edmonton sports fan. At least I put up my Christmas lights, or today would have been a complete waste.

15. Schitzo says:

And for the glory of the triple post, I think to myself that I need to stay off of HFBoards. The sky is falling HARD, guys. HARD!

16. Bill Needle says:

“MacT teams are usually a little like Buck Rodgers teams…”

They’re starting to look a lot like Jeff Torborg’s.

17. Slipper says:

Spoiler:
    There’s no panic yet, so you don’t need to aggressively pursue a deal RIGHT NOW. There’s enough parity in the conference that this team could contend for the playoff spot given enough good fortune.

That said, it wouldn’t hurt to immediately begin giving Grebeshkov first PP unit time and the absolute softest even strength ice-time available, so that when the right player becomes available…

Regarding Stoll: The Stoll/Vish trade was the June 29th. I think the answer to your question is Marian Hossa. In the same time frame they allowed Reasoner and Glencross to walk as FAs, aswell. It seems to me like they had tunnel vision on the Hossa sweepstakes and, to the team’s detriment, left everything else secondary.

18. HBomb says:

BDHS: I swear I have nothing to do with Traktor's disappearance, at least in a physical sense. Be honest though – does anyone really give a fuck that he's not around?

Just read through the postgame thread on Oilfans. Horcoff getting blamed for the loss. What a G-D clusterfuck……nothing could be further from the damn truth.

It could be the 2 dozen Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum & Cokes talking, but I thought he was one of the best Oilers tonight. Nilsson had a good game. Cole/Cogliano were dangerous. Hemsky continues to impress. They team just kept rolling snake-eyes from where I was sitting in 219.

It's exactly the type of game you lose at the end of any sort of "rough patch". When it's not going, it's not going. Simple as that.

Reddox with Pouliot and Brodziak could be a useful 4th line of guys who can play on the PK and a bit at ES. I hope Stortini and Boulerice are sat down for the Detroit game and we see something along these "lines":

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
    Nilsson-Cogliano-Cole
    Moreau-Gagner-Pisani
    Reddox-Brodziak-Pouliot

78 (who is also getting unfairly dumped on in other places on the intraweb) can jump up for the odd tough-minute shift with 18 and 34. Gagner takes the odd shift with 27/83 in "butter time" (i.e. after an Oiler PK, on the PP).

19. g says:

We are going to miss the playoffs. Obvious, no?

20. Schitzo says:

Slipper: I have to imagine that the other factor in the Stoll trade was his 1 year of RFA remaining.

Sign him for a year and hope he turns it around? He’s a UFA, you’re screwed.

Sign him long-term and get burned if his melon is mush? You’re screwed.

I don’t mind letting some other team make the gamble, and good on him for coming out strong this year.

And in my fuzzy view, Pouliot, Nilsson and Stortini were all playing like they knew their ass was halfway to the pressbox. Nice to see.

21. Fake Craig McTavish says:

hbomb:

You might want to listen to Horcoff’s post game comments where he blames himself for the loss, and rightly so.

Any player with an ounce of offensive ability could have screwed that defenseman into the ground and scored on the empty net. GAME OVER.

And then to lose the ensuing faceoff…my goodness.

22. HBomb says:

And then to lose the ensuingfaceoff…my goodness.

Shawn Horcoff is not the reason the Edmonton Oilers lost the hockey game against the Colorado Avalanche. End of story.

Not every scoring chance gets buried. Even the absolute best lose 2 out of 5 facoffs.

He’s going to hold himself accountable, sure, but even if he’s accepting blame, that does not mean he’s the reason the Oilers lost. One could just as easily say “Hemsky should have buried that five-star chance early in the 3rd” or “why did Cole not get a quick shot away on that 2-on-1 with about ten minutes to go?” You could pin the “blame” on any number of guys.

Bottom line for me is that it was a tight game and the Avholes got a horseshit 2-man advantage late to allow them to tie the game. The fact the Oilers left the door open by not potting a 3rd goal can be blamed on any of a number of guys if you honestly wanted to do so.

Feel free to scapegoat Horcoff all you want. I’m going to call it what it is, in my opinion – B.S.

23. raventalon40 says:

What amazes me, is how Horcoff is being crucified for not being able to buy one while no one (save Dennis… and I’m not talking about THIS THREAD by any means) is talking about Souray getting absolutely owned by a guy like Svatos…

Actually, I did mention that Souray was owned by Svatos, which was embarassing considering all the help he had on D. Thank goodness Svatos has no finish in him either. Nobody is crucifying Horcoff – but his obvious errors are obvious for a reason.

Sure, the rest of the team didn’t deliver any insurance goals, but it doesn’t vindicate the fact that Horcoff missed an open net at all, though.

I thought Strudwick played really well along with Gilbert tonight.

24. Bank Shot says:

Or maybe why the Oilers can’t get any production out of his forwards, period. Why can’t guys like Lupul score points for the Oilers when they can elsewhere?

Oiler teamsin the last decade of Lowe/Mactavish have historically done well only when the pressure is off. The 05-06 playoffs when they were counted out, and all the late season runs where they came back from 10 points out of the playoffs to miss them by 3.

I know you want to heap the blame on Lowe for all the Oilers’ troubles, but a good coach should be able to get more results out of this squad. I don’t think its so black and white as you make it out to be.

25. raventalon40 says:

Nothing wrong with a little benching. I think Gretzky was benched at one time or another as well. You need that competitive edge on a hockey team – nobody should be guaranteed a roster spot and that’s the trouble when you try to squeeze results out of someone signed long term.

Luckily we haven’t had much trouble from our big ticket players.

26. hunter1909 says:

Last night’s game was hilarious – for all the wrong reasons. The game starts out typical gong show…zero system…3 players chasing 1 puck…no passing to speak of…the first “powerplay” I’m pretty sure at one point had 2 players fall into each other in the opposition slot.

They’re playing shinny out there. Up and down the ice, hoping for a goal here and there. They have a little talent, but no one knows how to coordinate that. GEE! I WONDER WHO’S JOB THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE.

I hope Oilers get slaughtered every game, so MacT is replaced. There is no team. Just a bunch of headless chickens.

Watch the Bruins. Watch a real hockey team. Then try to defend MacTavish.

Merry Christmas, and good night nurse.

27. Scott says:

Darn those two game losing streaks anyway.

I thought that the team played well tonight. A lot of the guys seemed to have more urgency in their play and that’s good to see. I don’t think that Boulerice is drawing in for the next game given his contribution tonight, which opens the door for either Brodziak or Penner to draw in.

I’m surprised at how definitive people are in declaring Garon as a better option than Roloson. Roloson’s numbers have been quite good so far this year and Garon doesn’t exactly have a long track record of success. I, for one, am not at all convinced that Garon will have better numbers than Roli by the end of the year.

Overall, it was a fun game to watch, though with a tragic ending.

28. Asiaoil says:

…..10 is coming off a serious injury – no one should be surprised that he doesn’t simply pick up where he left off. Just the way it works.

29. hunter1909 says:

“I thought that the team played well tonight. A lot of the guys seemed to have more urgency in their play and that’s good to see.”

What team were you watching? I saw the keystone cops on ice.

I would rather watch a cool headed team that knows how to pass to each other, than 20 players running around with “a sense of urgency”…while ultimately losing at home, on a Saturday night, to a very mediocre Avs team.

I saw a team that has 3 freaking players chasing 1 puck in the corner, 2 players running into each other going for the same puck in front of the Avs goal(neither one actually got the puck btw)…

I saw a team that looked like a Chinese fire drill every time the Avs entered their zone.

Gee Uncle Bob, I wonder who’s fault that is?

We’ve already changed the entire fucking team 3 times in the past 7 years, and the results year in and year out, whether they have a low payroll/high payroll all star on the blueline/inexperienced blueline…blah blah and blah…remains the same.

Even Kevin Lowe was instantly kicked upstairs(read fired from being general manager) the instant Katz took over.

No, there’s only 1 single person left over from the past 7 years of absolutley mediocre 500+ games of predictable, non-entertaining hockey. And his name is Craig MacTavish.

30. Coach pb9617 says:

Someone left the door marked “Crazy” open again.

31. SportSpyder.com says:

Hi Guys, I’m working on creating and promoting my Oilers news feed which includes Lowetide and other news and blog sites.

Looking for some feedback and for consideration to be added to your blog list.

Thanks!

32. Dennis says:

I’d feel better about last night if it wasn’t a three point swing with a divisional rival and we hadn’t shit the bed the game previous vs TO.

I think we’re underacheiving and I certainly think MacT has more than a little to do with it re; his line matching.

The Stoll/Greene Vishnovsky deal is a trade I make over and over again. 71 is for real and we even be getting more out of him on the PP if everyone wasn’t obsessed with Souray. And even though we miss 16 for the tough min and the PK skills, in return we picked up a guy who’s hanging playing top min on the D and who’s been a great PP QB In the past.

And this comes from a guy who guessed that 16 would bounce back and I would’ve liked to sign him to two year contract.

But I still do that deal over and over again.

33. spOILer says:

Dennis, and Slipper… no doubt on the Stoll deal. Vish is for real and I’m pretty happy to have him. We got the best player.

But, I’m wondering what their plans were for that centre position. Even if Hossa was coming here, who was going to play tough minutes at centre? I just wonder what their plans were for that position back on June 29. Was it seriously Pisani at that time, or did they feel a vet 3C is an easy pickup if and when needs be?

34. spOILer says:

…And then we pick up a guy in Cole who plays where the team already has the most strength: RW.

Don’t get me wrong, Cole is a helluva player, but this team hasn’t seemed in balance from the get-go. Isn’t it incumbent on the GM to find that balance? Having Pisani on the left and Gagner in the middle has helped balance things out, but it’s asking a lot of young Samwise.

35. Kris says:

I hate to say it, really hate to say it, but Hunter has a point. (He’s awful angry, but he’s got a point.)

It pains me to say it, because MacT was my favorite player.

But here’s the thing about coaches: if they’re good, they should be able to occasionally -just occasionally, mind you- make a poor team look like a real winner for a whole season.

When has Mac-T done that? ‘The run to the finals’ you say. Well, that was a damn good team: Pronger, Peca, Hemsky, Roli the Younger, Preconcussion Stoll, Classic Coke Torres, etc. ‘The run to end last season’ you say. Well, maybe that’s a good example, but that was a pretty small period of time.

And here’s the thing about firing coaches: even if the replacement coach isn’t as good, he’s likely not much worse. The range between good and bad coaches isn’t as big as between good and bad players: say Nick Lidstrom and Chris Haijt :)

And here’s the thing about the Oilers: we’re likely a year or two away from being much better given the development of the young guys on the team and in the system. But we’re not going to win anything this year.

So, why not use this year as a proving ground for a new coach who may, just may, be better than MacT. And yeah, MacT isn’t horrible; he isn’t Melroseish. But I think we have enough evidence to conclude that we can do better and that we ought to try.

36. boopronger says:

Ive never been one to say fire Mact after a loss. I think hes a great coach but this is the first time ever that i wouldnt argue if he got canned. This team doesnt even look like a Mactavish type team. Tons of shots against and last in the league in PK?

This team has the skill and the veterans to make it to the playoffs.

37. mc79hockey says:

Hey sportsspyder – while I’m glad that you’ve found a way to make some money off of the content produced by other people, coming to people’s blogs and asking to be added to the blogroll really is a bit much.

38. raventalon40 says:

None of the goalies have a long track record this year period.

There’s nothing wrong with a little competition. The team has managed to get results out of Hemsky and Cogliano that way but so far on this team Penner and Pouliot are not competing well. It could be said that part of the reason is that Penner hasn’t had consistent linemates, but he needs to do better as a 4 million dollar player. Benching him was the right move.

We need to send a message to Gagner too as well to start playing better. Playing him on a line with Hemsky is stupid considering they’re both playmakers and with Ethan Moreau that line is all crash and no bang. The other components of the kid line have faired well playing on other lines and right now the problem is Gagner.

I would consider a Penner-Gagner-Stortini line.

39. SportSpyder.com says:

mc79hockey, ouch…I wanted to send a private message but the option didn’t exist as far as I could see. I respect what all the bloggers out there do and saw it as a mutually beneficial project. Most people can’t follow all the different Oilers sources or know that they even exist. If you think me sending traffic to your site as some sort of ripoff I will regretfully remove it from the feed.

40. Bruce says:

I think Gretzky was benched at one time or another as well.

RT40: He certainly was benched in the WHA one time. It was a Sunday afternoon road game, maybe in Cincinnati (?), and Sather benched The Kid for the entire second period after a couple of too-cute plays at the offensive blueline went south in a hurry. Rod Phillips described Gretzky’s neck getting redder and redder as he sat … then Slats let him loose in the third and Gretzky scored a hat trick in a 5-2 (IIRC) Oilers’ win.

The Great One was a pretty fast learner.

41. Bruce says:

I’m no longer cheering for the team to win. I want them to lose, so MacT gets the boot he so mightily deserves and needs. … Until he goes, I seriously want them to lose every single game(and right now they’re doing exactly what I want, lol).

42. Doogie2K says:

@SportsSpyder: Being a less cynical one, I'd say that LT, BoA, and Copper & Blue have the most extensive blogrolls, so that's where I'd go looking for more Oilers sites.

43. hunter1909 says:

“Hunter: I’m guessing you’re one of those guys who brags about how you’re the biggest Oilers fan going. Well guess what, you’re not. If that’s the way you support “your” team, why don’t you go cheer for a real winner, like maybe Vancouver?” Bruce

Bruce: Well, guess what Bruce? I’m not anything like your assumptions. But I will say this about you.
    Bruce likes to believe what he’s told, by “experts”, because people like Bruce never did learn how to analyse what they see with their eyes. Either that, or they just find reality too painful.

I’ve been a fan since 1983. Since I was 6 years old. And when I decide to criticise stupidity, I don’t need to look at other teams to make myself feel superior, unlike the Bruce’s of this world.

44. hunter1909 says:

PS: btw, I’m not losing any sleep about the collective psyche of millionaire players.

I just want the cadaver behind the bench replaced, by someone who lives and breathes like a coach ought to do.

45. Coach pb9617 says:

*cough* Sam Gagner *cough*

46. Coach pb9617 says:

Welcome, Hunter.

You’re a pleasant addition to the ranks. Your comments are akin to reading Thoreau.

47. Slipper says:

“…The game starts out typical gong show…zero system…3 players chasing 1 puck…no passing to speak of…

…They’re playing shinny out there. Up and down the ice, hoping for a goal here and there.

…In short, I didn’t really see a team at all. What I saw, was a bunch of individual players, embarassed at themselves, but unable to pull themselves TOGETHER.

…when I decide to criticise stupidity, I don’t need to look at other teams to make myself feel superior, unlike the Bruce’s of this world.

…Watch the Bruins. Watch a real hockey team. Then try to defend MacTavish.”

Finally someone comes around these parts who can truly communicate the intricacies of a hockey game. If you ask me, it’s been a long time coming.

48. hunter1909 says:

Incredible that this club had Glen Sather in his prime coaching years.

Everyone talks up and rightly so Bowman, but slats harnessed what was tantamount to an overage team of juniors and in no time at all dominated hockey with them.

That’s what the Oilers need right now: a coach who understands the people he is in charge of. That is, his players.

Oilers have a pretty decent amount of talent. Nothing earth shattering, but they’re not anywhere nearly as bad as they’ve been. I’m even stupid enough to think they are potentially capable of pulling another 2006 this season, provided they are managed properly.

Just get them a seriously smart young or new coach, someone who thinks hockey is more than X’s and O’s on a board, or yapping cleverly to the press.

LOL, we might even end up bringing Mikhnov back.

49. mc79hockey says:

You want to bring back Craig Simpson?

50. hunter1909 says:

All I want right now is for the Oilers to get rid of Craig MacTavish.

51. hunter1909 says:

“You want to bring back Craig Simpson?”

Someone on HF Boards posted a YouTube clip of the Oilers 2006 powerplay, a 5 on 3. Over a minute of pass the puck around the perimeter. So, if that’s what Craig Simpson gave us, then the answer is no.

52. Bruce says:

Bruce: Well, guess what Bruce? I’m not anything like your assumptions.

Hunter: Fair enough, I posted that in a hurry and obviously I was a little irritated. You’re right, I don’t know anything about you, and it’s wrong to make assumptions out of whole cloth. My problem is not with you per se, it’s with your opinion expressed above and elsewhere. I find the attitude, regardless of who holds it, that “I hope ‘we’ lose every game 10-0″ to be tiresome in the extreme.

But I will say this about you.

Hehe, you don’t know me very well either, so I guess that makes us even. Let’s get to know each other a little better before we fling any more shit around, shall we? For my part I will apologize for a poor choice of words.

Either that, or they just find reality too painful.

Now that is closer to the mark.

53. Dennis says:

I can’t slam that guy for wanting MacT gone, the only thing i would say is that if he’s a true Oilers fan then he’d know these things happen at their own pace.

54. hunter1909 says:

“if he’s a true Oilers fan then he’d know these things happen at their own pace.”

LMAO!

So I’m not “a true Oilers fan”, am I dennis? Well to be honest, my personality is suited better to chat rooms, where I can just attack dolts like this – unfortunately for this you invariably end up getting banned on a message board.

This dildo organisation gave away the greatest club team in the history of the game, 50′s and 70′s habs and central red army possibly excepted. Like suckers in a poker game. Why should I listen to them?

I stopped believing the Oilers bullshit the day they traded Mark Messier for Bernie “I got to score with Wayne but really I suck” Nichols.

The only pace I see right now, is current Oilers (mis)management fucking everything up for another 15+ years.

Thanks a lot, btw Bruce. I appreciate that.

PS: I’m a hot headed Irish idiot myself, far worse than you could imagine.

55. Scott says:

Hope has come to Edmonton.

« Older Comments