Ethan Moreau’s EV points-per-60 number (5×5) so far this season is exceptional. One wonders about sustain but after 20 games the captain is delivering in a very big way.
Ales Hemsky has recovered from a poor start and is on track for 08-09, and Andrew Cogliano is having a season that is in the range with one year ago.
After that (at least up front) we’re looking at some fellows whose numbers are well of the pace and in some cases absolutely ghastly.
Here’s a list of the Oilers forwards and their 08-09 EV/60, and in brackets how they compare to one year ago. There’s some brutal stuff here.
- Ethan Moreau 2.25 (up from 1.21)
- Ales Hemsky 2.10 (down from 2.36)
- Andrew Cogliano 1.99 (down from 2.28)
- Dustin Penner 1.47 (up from 1.34)
- Fernando Pisani 1.32 (down from 1.55)
- Marc Pouliot 1.26 (down from 1.55)
- Shawn Horcoff 0.95 (down from 2.59)
- Robert Nilsson 0.79 (down from 2.37)
- Erik Cole 0.78 (down from 2.10)
- Sam Gagner 0.77 (down from 1.96)
- Kyle Brodziak 0.37 (down from 2.09)
- Zack Stortini 0.00 (down from 1.24)
- Ethan’s having a helluva season so far.
- Hemsky’s on track, and on a team that is addled.
- Cogliano’s doing okay offensively with his EV minutes.
- Penner’s UP this season in this area.
- Pouliot may be able to improve this number in the next few weeks.
- Horcoff’s number will get better, you’d have to bet on it.
- Nilsson’s in a bit of trouble here.
- Cole hasn’t been good enough.
- Gagner is well off the pace of one year ago, but the number has improved lately.
- Brodziak is struggling as much as he looks like he’s struggling.
We’ll check it again 10 games down the road to see if anyone has improved. My guesses would be Horcoff, Cole and Gagner, plus as a fan you’d hope Robert Nilsson has a nice run here.