Oilers at Senators, G64/08-09

This is Murray Wilson. Doug Wilson’s brother. He was a fine junior and a first round draft pick in 1971. He played for the Ottawa 67′s in the late 60s/early 70s and the list of his teammates is just silly good: Denis Potvin, Wayne Merrick, Michel Larocque, Bill Clement, Terry Murray, Blake Dunlop. That is an impressive list and it’s interesting to note that several of these guys have found a way to stay in the game, either as a broadcaster or in Terry Murray’s case as a coach.

Wilson scored 79 goals in his 4 junior seasons but found himself up against people like Steve Shutt (144 goals in 3 junior seasons), Yvon Lambert (50 goals in 1 major junior season) and Chuck Lefley (44 goals in 2 junior seasons) for the major league LW spots in Montreal (the team that drafted him). Wilson found a way to stay in the lineup (he was fast and could check, and he was certainly big and tough enough) but most people who remember him will talk about the fact that he never did put it all together as cover the 1st round bet.

Hindsight suggests that Wilson’s junior offense was never really on par with the other blue chip prospects in his draft season. He wasn’t in the same league as Guy Lafleur or Marcel Dionne or even Rick Martin.

Wilson scored 26 goals in 44 games during his draft season (70-71) but Rick Kehoe (who was drafted 11 spots after Wilson) scored 39 goals in 58 games.

His NHL career was cut short early in the 77-78 season. He suffered an injury that required spinal surgery to repair and spent the remainder of the season recovering from the operation. The Habs traded him the following year (fricking Pollock, the guy played every damn angle) but he had some family issues (daughter’s health) and called it a career a year after being dealt to the left coast. Last I heard he was doing Montreal TV broadcasts.

He was always a favourite of mine, played the game with abandon.

Ottawa has a rich hockey history but this season’s Senators aren’t going to add to the legacy. I don’t think next year’s team will look much better but we’ll have to wait and see. The Sens have Alfredsson, Heatley, Spezza and some kids but this team has a lot of kids trying to establish themselves. By the time they’re any good Daniel Alfredsson will probably be back in Europe.

As for the Oilers, well they have some fresh troops and they need to win a couple on this road trip. The obvious choice for easy win is tonight.

290 Responses to "Oilers at Senators, G64/08-09"

Newer Comments »
  1. Matt N says:

Just reading through some Kings blogs to see their reaction to the trade. The nickname for Patrick O’Sullivan is “POS”. Made me giggle.

2. Peter Lynn says:

I’ll say Murray Wilson had some family issues. What about all those Beach Boys recording sessions he disrupted? And how Brian Wilson had to cut his records in mono because Murray beat him so badly he burst one of his eardrums? And how he stole all their royalities? And how he used to take out his glass eye and scare his sons by showing them the empty socket? And how he punished Brian for misbehaving at the table by making him defecate on a paper plate in front of the entire family?

It’s the same guy, right?

3. devon says:

i was reading some King”s fan boards as well. There was some of the typical “our GM can do no wrong stuff” and some delusional “Sully ain’t that good” but most fans were perplexed even angry at the idea of shipping out a future star for an oft injured vet. I gotta ask…..does Lombardi know something we don’t?

4. Yeti says:

One King fan said that POS was borderline ‘uncoachable’. Fortunately, we have a coach with a good history of getting through to such players ;)

Also, a number of Sabres fans describe Ales2 in terms that we use for Penner – wildly inconsistent, often drifts out of games, not physical enough and, most interestingly: a power-forward skillset with a skillplayer mindset, etc. However, maybe 20 games to prove himself while playing with Ales1 before UFA will bring the best out of him.

5. bookie says:

I would not put too much faith in what the Fanboards at the Kings and Sabers say. Unless you are dealing with top notch player, you will find criticism.

We need to remember what we exchanged for these two guys – basically Cole for a few weeks. Clearly they will come with a few wrinkles, but they also come with a bit of a scoring record and hopefully one of the two will mesh with Hemsky.

6. Yeti says:

I agree entirely, Bookie, and I should have emphasised that I give the trade a thumbs up, for sure.

Given that I missed the game against the Preds, how did the 4th line of JFJ-Brodz-Storts look? On paper, it should be a crash-bang line with some real impact. Will that likely be kept for tonight or is JFJ back in the PB to make way for Reddox to fit back on the 4th?

7. bookie says:

Interesting quotes from Cole yesterday.

“It was fun. This was a fun team to play with — especially the young guys. They’re quite a crew.”

I was just upstairs with Craig MacTavish and Steve Tambellini and we talked about things. It’s a little disappointing, you feel like maybe you didn’t perform up to what was expected, but Mac had said there was a feeling out process between the two of us at the beginning of the year, which there definitely was, getting used to him and his tendencies and vice versa

Not enough there to get a real feeling of things in the room, but seemed generally positive. Was he on the side of the Young Guys? Does that mean the Old Guys are no fun?

8. kris says:

One King fan said that POS was borderline ‘uncoachable’.

This is perfect since we have an uncoach.

9. bookie says:

Ok, looking at some of the highlights of Kotalik, every goal looks pretty much the same, which I think is a good thing as it makes things pretty easy for the PP.

He Shoots, He Scores!

The guy is clearly not digging in and getting the Smyth-type goals, but he is clearly going to be a nice addition to souray and hemsky!

10. quain says:

Just a quick advanced stats measure on Sully (includes only forwards with 30+ GP):

5v5
    QualComp: -0.03 (6th)
    QualTeam: -0.11 (9th)
    PTS/60: 1.87 (3rd)
    +- ON/60: 0.22 (2nd)
    ES CORSI: +145
    ES PDO: 99.5%

4v5 –
    GAON/60: 5.21 (3rd)

If you thought one of our needs was “good soft minute killer who can penalty kill,” well, you win! Absolutely fantastic trade. I loved it before, but the numbers make me love it even more. Erik Cole may have banged bodies, but we got a cheaper, younger, long term guy who is probably better offensively.

And now we have a lot of assets for the offseason to hopefully add an Erik Cole-type to the top six.

And, Jarret Stoll’s penalty killing numbers? Those can’t be sustainable. He has a lower GAON/60 5v4 than most players do 5v5, and given that his SA/60 aren’t any better than Sully’s, I have to imagine that swings back eventually, but it’s sick in the meantime.

11. doritogrande says:

So unless I’ve missed something, which forward are we sending to the minors. We gave up one roster player with two coming back.

Or are we keeping only 6-D for the remainder of the season? Because that would be just dumb. As much as I feel for the story that is Steve MacIntyre, I think his time has finished with the big club. You don’t play goons down the stretch drive.

12. Schitzo says:

If you LTIR Captain Stupid, that solves the problem.

13. Scott says:

I think Schitzo’s got it there with the LTIR. SMac isn’t going anywhere since we’ve still got a bunch of games to go with the Wild which is, I assume, pretty much the reason he was acquired in the first place.

14. doritogrande says:

Penner, Horcoff, Hemsky, O’Sullivan, Gagner, Kotalik, Nilsson, Cogliano, Pisani, Brodziak, Stortini, Jacques, Reddox, Pouliot, MacIntyre.

I count 15. Without Moreau.

In other news, Trukhno and Peckham made the cut for the AHL top prospects trading card set. The Hockey Jesus snubbed again.

15. Black Dog says:

dg – I would guess Reddox just because he doesn’t have to clear waivers, same as Peckham a couple of weeks back.

16. Lord Bob says:

Rob Schremp is getting his own trading card set later in the year, because one card just wasn’t enough to encapsulate his awesomeness.

17. doritogrande says:

I thought the same way Pat, but that might lead to a pout of epic proportions from MacT. I envision something like this:

Tambo: Craig, we’ve assigned Reddox to the minors.

MacT: Meanie! MeanieMeanieMeanie!

Tambo: Craig, time to be a big boy. We just bought you new toys to play with, non-ginger toys.

MacT: I want Reddox! I want Reddox! *Swears, runs away and tries to hide because he knows he’ll get time-out for swearing to his GM*

Penner: And I get paid to watch this :)

18. reijo29 says:

Moreau – LTIR
    Keeping all 15 Healthy Forwards & 6 Dmen.
    SMac (was a Dman in minors) sadly is our 7th Dman if Peckham was unable to get to a game in time, if there is an injury. If there was an injury and Pecks was recalled, Reddox would be sent down I imagine, but it would be unofficial (ie.) he would never see the inside of the Falcons locker room).

19. doritogrande says:

reijo29:

If Reddox is indeed the second coming of Toby Petersen, he’ll have no trouble at all playing defense. And the powerplay. And the backup goalie.

On the same night.

20. Scott says:

If a D goes down they’ll just use the emergency recall rather than sending anybody out I imagine. Also, SMac never sees a shift of D, they’d just play with 5D.

21. Phil says:

If nothing else, here’s to hoping that the new blood can jump start the godawful powerplay. If the team can start potting a PP goal every now and then, it’ll go a long way to offsetting the 2 goals the PK allows every night.

I know I’m excited to see Kotalik’s shot from the opposite point from 44. Like new toys on Christmas morning.

22. Matt says:

I missed the Flames game in Ottawa on Tuesday, but caught the broadcasters discussing it yesterday afternoon. They were literally laughing at how bad the Sens were — not in a “Point and Haw-Haw” sense, more like “Can you believe we paid $5.99 to rent that awful movie?”

Just the kind of team the Oilers dominate, shurely.

23. Matt N says:

I do like the trades but it still didn’t resolve the issue of another C to help Horc, or warm bodies on D.

I heard something about POS taking PK time away from 10 to lighten his load. I like this idea as well as slotting in Kotalik into his PP time. Use Horc strictly as Power vs Power even strength work horse and double shifting him occasionally. I could see this really helping his game. Wouldn’t be much fun for him being off the PP, but better for the team overall.

Every night two of Rowbear, Poo, JFJ, Reddox will be joining Mac in the PB. Thats a pretty decent 4th line on most teams. Needs to be addressed in the off season.

24. hunter1909 says:

I don’t know much about the new guys, but Cole sure wasn’t doing much on this team.

Whatever happens from here on in, it should not be worse than whatever the team was already facing.

LOL I love predictions. Mine has been 7th or more likely 8th since New year’s, and it’s just as likely today.

PS: Too bad about Jokinen. I’d sure hate to see the Flames go anywhere this year(or any year for that matter).

//does Lombardi know something we don’t?//

Dean Lombardi is signing Gaborik on July 1. So from his point of view, he was getting a right wing for Sully, and will be replacing Sully in a few months.

26. quain says:

Dean Lombardi is signing Gaborik on July 1.

So, Lombardi is aiming to have his top two RWs play a total of 70 GPs each season? Is he planning to acquire Connolly, Havlat, and Forsberg too?

27. Sean says:

We should just call Ales2 number2. The Austin Powers references would be priceless.

I though you can send anyone down after the deadline with waiver protection. Ie Nilsson, MacIntrye, JFJ or Pouliot could go without being plucked. Reddox has earned his icetime IMO.

28. R-Gib says:

Agreed Sean. If that’s the case, we can send down Nilsson to “rip it up” with the other banished Robby. Or flounder. Either way. Either way’s fine.

29. Lord Bob says:

GO’SULLIVAN!

30. R-Gib says:

Anyway, with this lineup and the new additions there is no more room for #12.

Call him back up when he starts finding the net in the A, and send down one of JFJ or MAP if (when) they have a couple poor outings. Or have spent too much time in the PB and need some at-bats.

31. Psyche says:

I noticed that Smid played with Kotalik during the lockout season (Liberec Bili Tygri HC). Considering his friendship with Hemsky as well, Kotalik should be a nice addition to the team’s chemistry.

32. knighttown says:

So I was worried because I knew Eric Cole ranked 3rd in penalties drawn this year. How are we going to replace that?

And then I looked and saw that Patrick O’Sullivan is ranked 7th in the entire NHL and smiled.

33. IceDragoon says:

Good day.

There are no waivers after trade deadline. The 23 man roster limit is no longer in effect.

There is a limit to who can be called up from Springfield, tho. Barring extreme injuries, only those named on the AHL’s ‘Clear Day Roster’ – I think that’s what it’s called – can play in the NHL this year. Perhaps Guy will set me straight if he pops by.

After yesterday, I think Tambellini deserves top billing in the nickname. Tamblowe job, anyone?
    ;-D

I’m with you on Patty O’, Lain. I was hoping we’d nab him in ’03, too. Kid’s a player.

L8r
    Louise
    clap clap

34. Doogie2K says:

Last I heard he was doing Montreal TV broadcasts.

Radio, actually: he’s the colour guy for CJAD. He has shown up during intermissions on HNIC every now and then, but his primary gig is radio.

35. Schitzo says:

How are we going to replace that?

By putting Captain 2-Minutes on the LTIR, it’s a wash. O’Sullivan is just a bonus :)

36. HBomb says:

Considering that the Oilers should be petitioning the NHL for a CFL-style “decline the penalty” rule, I don’t think it really makes a difference….

37. namflashback says:

I know that JFJ’s prior pointlessness (would have been sweet if they could have kept that as the gwg, sigh) is generally viewed as evidence of his pointlessness as a player.

However, a good portion of his NHL GP were in that awful 06-07 year. He certainly didn’t acquit himself with his 9 GP in 07-08, but I see promise in his 2GP in 08-09.

He’s on a cheap ticket, and other than Trotz deciding that he could trot out his topline (there was alot of that 4 vs 1 stuff from both coaches), his game in Nashville was pretty good. We could be seeing the emergence of the Jaquestiniaks.

Poo was good too in Nashville. You’d have to think RedOx comes out, and Nillson stays sitting.

38. Bruce says:

Anyway, with this lineup and the new additions there is no more room for #12.

With the additions it seems we now have make room for three #12s. If having two new guys both wanting his number doesn’t deliver a Message to Rowbert, there’s no hope. Trouble is, when does he get another look? At this point, he’s further than ever from being the 12th forward.

Maybe we can get all three of them to fit within one Dave Hunter “Legends” jersey.

39. Yeti says:

Springfield could probably do with Nilsson’s help. It might even spark the ressurection of the Messiah down there. ;)

40. Matt N says:

We can assume that SugarTits is dead and buried for this organization. What do we think Brule’s long term here is?

Since demotion on Jan.23/09

GP/G/A/Points/PointsPG/+,-/shotsPG
    15/1/3/4/.27/-7/2.5

Springfield really sucks, but this is not what we should expect from a guy with his pedigree and 100+ NHL games under his belt.

41. Scott says:

IceDragoon:

You get four more callups for the remainder of the year. If you have injuries after that, you can do an emergency recall (Bisaillon ’07).

The AHL clear day roster is a list of players eligible for the AHL playoffs. It is anybody on the AHL roster on a certain day (clear day). Last season we demoted Cogs, Nilsson, Smid and Stortini for half a day so that they made the clear day roster. Then we went on the run and management felt they didn’t need the experience.

42. IceDragoon says:

Thanx, Scott.

I knew I was close, but expected to be corrected because I was too lazy to ‘fact check’. It’s all good.
    ;-D

43. R-Gib says:

Those numbers look awful Matt. I wonder what his icetime and linemates look like…

Too bad Reddox has to sit… kid has been playing good hockey… my guess is that he pulls in once 22 or 78 have a poor game… and knowing MacT it might even be for 27!

44. Unleaded says:

It’s a very good day to be an Oilers fan today.

As far as assesment from last game go, I’d have to say that overall, every one of our lines was clicking, except the first. I really enjoyed watching the fourth line play when they weren’t out against Arnott’s line. That was scary, and reminded me of the fear I felt back in the 90′s when Modano’s line would get the puck…

The lineups look good, and not having Redox in the lineup means good things for the team. He’s a very useful plug right now, but he still needs time to meet become Pisani v 2.0. I like the look of our lineup, and hope that Kotalik plays hard and gets Hemmer going. Maybe part of the reason he’s been playing so poorly recently has been due to distraction? Can only hope that’s the story.

Our 2nd line tonight looks like a boom or bust line tonight – either they score, or they get run over. Not having much muscle there could be a real issue. I’d much rather have Penner up there instead of Pouliot, but… what can you do, right?

45. Lord Bob says:

One goal on two and a half shots per game? That’s hysterically bad!

I have to assume that he’s either playing with the Coke machines to end all Coke machines or he’s just in a horrible slump. Those numbers don’t fit, historically, with what Brule’s been capable of.

46. Phil says:

At the risk of jinxing it, I’m pretty sure that if Louise makes an apperance and gives us a ‘clap clap’, that’s the next best thing to a Mr. Weir sighting (bless His holy name).

47. Matt N says:

@ Lord Bob:

I agree, Brule’s Sht% really sucks (1 G/38 shots), however lets just say we gave him a %15 over the run. Would 6 goals/ 3 assists/ 9 points in 15 games make you feel a lot better about him? I want a guy with his pedigree and experience to be “destroying minor league pitching” as LT would say.

48. HBomb says:

LINEUP UPDATE: Ales Kotalik will make his Oilers debut on the top line on the left side playing with Shawn Horcoff and Ales Hemsky… Patrick O’Sullivan will play alongside Marc Pouliot and Sam Gagner… Dustin Penner is on the third line with Andrew Cogliano and Fernando Pisani… J.F. Jacques remains in the lineup and on the fourth line with Kyle Brodziak and Zack Stortini… Robert Nilsson sits this one out again with Steve MacIntyre and Liam Reddox the other healthy scratches.

Wouldn’t a simple flip of 27 and 78 make that lineup look a lot better?

49. Schitzo says:

Playing the all-kid second line is an interesting proposition when the Sens have last change.

I prefer HBomb’s idea, maybe Penner can swallow Heatley whole and save the day.

50. CrazyCoach says:

I agree wholeheartedly!

51. Bruce says:

That’s tough for Reddox: from 2nd star on HNiC to the pressbox a game later.

Defensible choices, though … they didn’t bring either AK or POS (!) to sit, that’s for sure.

Hopefully the two Aleses will wake one another up. It’s a huge chance for AK, he’s basically playing for a contract in 19 games, with presumaly a decent shot on the first line with a hot shot buddy to set him up, after the first trade of his career. If that doesn’t stir his juices, he ain’t got no juices to stir.

A likely outcome is Kotalik pots 7-10 goals down the stretch … I’ll go out on a limb and guess he still gets to 20 goals this year. Should that occur the tricky part will be in not overvaluing him come contract time based on those 19 games, or have his price tag rise beyond what we’re willing to pay, a la GlenX. It’s a double-edged sword, where even “best case” has a price tag.

52. Mr DeBakey says:

Has anyone asked why the Oilers didn’t move on a depth D-man?

I listened to the Tencer interview with Tambellini,
    but he forgot to ask.

53. Traktor says:

Has 27 10 34 been tried this year?

54. Phil says:

Wouldn’t a simple flip of 27 and 78 make that lineup look a lot better?

Ya, but why would MacT give Penner logical minutes with logical people? He’s so fat!

55. Ribs says:

With the additions it seems we now have make room for three #12s.

Now if only we could have added that other 12 that was moved to alberta as well…

56. HBomb says:

Has 27 10 34 been tried this year?

Normally I’d say “it’s the MacBlander, so probably”, but Pisani was out for an extended period, so I don’t remember seeing it.

That being said, if that was the de-facto 2nd line and took on the matchups, my guess is that they’d probably handle just about any matchup very, very well.

Perhaps those three, Hemsky with POS at center and number2 on LW, and the re-unite the kids? It is an “all the eggs in one basket” approach when it comes to line matching – but then again, so is Horpensky….

57. Bruce says:

HBomb: Penner?

58. Coach pb9617 says:

Wouldn’t a simple flip of 27 and 78 make that lineup look a lot better?

Nope. Then there is absolute no one to play second toughs. That’s what the turd plans on doing with Pislianner.

59. Traktor says:

Hbomb:

Those are the combos I was also pondering.

You sacrifice some balance but you’re getting a top notch defensive line and two pretty potent scoring lines.

On any given night any of those 3 lines could be our best line.

60. Coach pb9617 says:

You guys are way too high on Kotalik. He’s less physical than Penner, hates the boards and doesn’t play in front. He’s Anson Carter.

61. Coach pb9617 says:

Has 27 10 34 been tried this year?

Nope

62. bookie says:

I think that a lot of us get that this is not Hossa coming, but have some hopes that he will do better here with Hemsky and that his shot from the point on the PP will be enough to win a few more games. I think that MacT forbade any Dman other than Souray from shooting the puck.

To me, its mostly a PP addition with some hope that he can have a run on the wing with Hemmer (which would be a bonus).

He is not the player Cole was, but I suspect that he may pop in more goals as Cole would have through the end of the season.

Also, the hope is that Hemmer gets excited and plays like he was recently concussed. If this doesn’t work, we need to line him up for another massive hit – I suggest putting him between Penner and Cheesburger.

63. bookie says:

Also, looking at the stats, Kotalik will have more hits than any Oiler that doesn’t have an eyeball that looks like an undercooked meatball right now…

64. quain says:

The stats say he hits more than Penner (~90 vs. ~60), so we’ll see.

An, frankly, when I watch Penner he looks like Sam Gagner, in terms of physicality, so I’m excited to see Kotalik be less physical. Does he fall down and cry on the forecheck?

65. St George says:

If this is true, first line seems like a bad spot for him. I was reading Mr. Willis on the O Nation website today, and he didn’t leave me expecting much first-line success either: “Kotalik’s been a remarkably ineffective scorer at even-strength over the last two years. For a little perspective, his PTS/60 number slides in right between Liam Reddox and Steve MacIntyre while playing soft opposition”.

66. CrazyCoach says:

Whoa whoa whoa!

Can we actually see the guy play before we start acting like Canucks fans?

67. Ribs says:

Jiri Dopita is awesome.

68. Dennis says:

Bruce: I was thinking the very same thing last night about Kotalik’s trial run. If the guy can’t get up by playing with 83 and getting to pump his numbers for a FA run, he’s beyond hope. OTOH, if he glows red-hot there’s no fucking question that we’ll re-sign him.

MacT today broke out his “one-shot scorer quote” and if 21 meshes with 10-83, he’ll get what he asks for and 27 will end up being waived and then brought back on re-entry where someone will certainly claim him for ~2.12 mill.

Other things:

- I never thought of 27-13-24 as a secondary tough min line but it actually makes sense. Now, we don’t know if 27 can keep his head above water playing toughs Without 10-83. He did OK the other night but as somehow showed, it was mostly 89′s trio that had to play against Arnott and Co. If this line’s still around by next Thurs, we’ll know what macT thinks of them in terms of the PVP MO.

- I like the moves but I would’ve loved to see if the 78-89-26 line would’ve had any sustain. The problem with a Sully-89-78 line is I wonder who’s gonna carry the puck and I wonder who’s gonna do the board-work. 78′s got the frame but he doesn’t always have the battle and 89′s got the battle but he doesn’t have the frame. Not sure how Sully does there and I’m not sure if he’s a puck-carrier. So, those elements might be something to watch for; along with perhaps 89 going on a bit of a tear and seeing how 78 does with the start of perhaps a stint in an offensive role.

- I’ve seen MacT mention that perhaps Sully will take some of 10′s PK role but I wonder who’ll take 26′s min?;)

- Oilers put 18 on IR today and 85 becomes the 13th forward – we can call 12 the 14th forward and 33′s the 15th forward – and I think that’s the right move for now. I was watching a Wings game a spell ago and they mentioned how Babcock was alternating four forwards through the 4th line so there’s no reason why we can’t do the same with 12-85 keeping guys like 22-78 honest. Of course, it’s gonna be a major clusterfuck when 18 comes back and at that point 85 is going to have to go down and then it will be 22-12 as Forwards 13 and 14.

Tough times for 12 no matter what and I still say he’ll bounce back next year if he gets playing time in his new locale.

- I’m worried about getting caught with our 4th line out and that plus the PK was the reason we lost in nsh. it didn’t get any play but that Was The story.

- not too worried about us winning tonight because as KT’s shown, we Do take care of the lesser’s while being feasted upon by the more’s.

It’s nice to add offense but the dirty little secret’s regarding the Oil is that 24′s in our top four and our 7th and 8th D are Pechham and Roy.

We have absolutely no room for error. I guess we’re holding onto 12 to move him on draft day and that’s probably the best move because he’ll have more value but it’s tough watching this top six and knowing who’s in the pipe.

I guess we weighed 12′s summer value along with the fact we can’t take anyone out in the first round no matter who we picked up and that’s why they stood pat. Probably the right move once 71 went down for the year but couldn’t we have matched NJ’s offer for Havelid? Granted, I’d rather have a first-pass guy but Havelid would be nice too.

69. NBOilerFan says:

Well, I was extremely excited about tonights game, seeing teh new guys plus its an early game (instead of the usual 11pm start here)… until I start searching for a web streaming site….. damn.

Anyone know why Atdhe stopped showing teh Oiler games? The yuse to always have them, but stopped a couple weeks ago.

They have the battle of new york, the leafs and teh dallas games on, but again… no Oilers… and this is a Sens game too??

Tried all of the usual streamers… and nothing. Might have to buy a stream of the game…. sucks.

Anyway…. Go Oilers!

70. digger says:

The NHL suits activated their “Cease and Desist” buff…low DPS, but a high crit level. Atdhe begged off.

71. B.C.B. says:

Atdhe is not hosting the other streams, because it is Yahoo, or Ustream. that is how they are getting around it. What we need is a Oiler’s fan, in Europe, to get NHL Center Ice and stream them for all of us. To bad the London I live in south of Toronto.

72. bookie says:

Its kind of funny how our expectations change.

In 1995, I moved to Ottawa for a few years. The only way I could get detailed info on the Oiler’s was to go to the library at the University and read the 2-3 day old Edmonton Journal (hard copy). I could also watch TSN and wait for a tidbit of info. There were probably some on-line groups at the time, but nothing easily obtainable. So, I was pretty much limited to catching the odd nationally covered game…

In 1996 Canoe launched and I could get a few Edmonton Sun articles, but not many.

Anyway, I am sure someone can beat that story with something about getting stories about the Leafs or Canadians by Teletype or something…but the difference between now and 1995 is fairly striking for me!

I think it was harder then to stay loyal to your ‘old’ team. I followed the Sens pretty closely those two years (they made a cup run in 97 or something like that).

73. NBOilerFan says:

digger said…

But like i said Digger… they are still showing the Battle of NY, the Dallas game and the Leafs game… would a “Cease and Desist” count for ALL NHL games?

Or did the NHL tell them to just stop showing teh Canadian teams realizing that now one gives a rats ass about the American teams anyway and figured they might as well let the 6 Americans that do watch hockey do it whichever way the want?

74. Coach pb9617 says:

Can we actually see the guy play before we start acting like Canucks fans?

I’ve seen lots of him. He may have more hits than Penner, not many though, but he’s a floater on offense. He doesn’t create and doesn’t battle – he tries to find open space. He’s way more Carter than Penner offensively.

75. doritogrande says:

In case you all missed it today, Steve Downie with another massive suspension again today. This time the AHL:

Stupid fucker slashed a referee.

76. Mark-Ryan says:

Coach: He has quite a few more hits then Dustin Penner. He averages 1.7 hits a game to Penner’s 0.9. His 93 hits are automatically first on this team among active forwards (and second only to Ethan Moreau).

77. Bruce says:

Dennis:

1) Any blame being placed on the PK unit might as well be spread around to include the fucking goddam powerplay which is now Ofer the last 6 games. Our special teams are killing us.

2) The fourth line had an OK game in Nashville, posting +1/-1 on the night. Its true that they got caught against the vaunt for the 5-4 goal, when the Preds changed on the fly and the Oilers shoot in got blocked and turned up ice, so it was fresh against tired as well and things unravelled from there.

Important note: 22-51-46 were incorrectly fingered on the game sheet for being out there for the 4-4 goal as well, but that was actually scored against 27-13-34. The Nashville minor officials — or more likely, the league –finally fixed that about a day later. Unfortunately, the error persists in your scoring chance summary.

Imaginary pressbox conversation: “Yeah, we scored! Oh yeah, hey Joe, can you remember who was out there for the Oilers for that earlier goal? Same guys? OK.”

I recall the first @NSH game where I was tracking the event summary during the game and posted numerous comments on the GDT about how bad the minor scorers are in the Music City. They don’t seem to have fixed the problem.

78. B.C.B. says:

Damn lack of streams . . .

I just broke down and got NHL GameCenter . . . it comes to $2.73 a game till the rest of the season (I am rationalizing by thinking that a pint costs $5.25 min, and a Can of import at the LCBO is $2.10, the nhl feed is the difference between one beer out and one beer at home).

But they don’t have the playoffs, on it for those in Canada.

79. Icecastles says:

In the early 90s I lived in new Zealand and had to wait until 2am during the Olympics to see 3-4 minutes worth of coverage for Olympic hockey. NHL was literally unheard of.

I coached a rollerblade hockey team in 94 and when I got there, the only ‘hockey’ anyone had every seen was the first Mighty Ducks movie. Seriously. These kids practiced 9 hours a weeks and they had never seen so much as a single full period of actual ice hockey. Not NHL, KHL, junior, bantam, NOTHING. Come to think of it, they had never even seen a real ice-skating rink. We played in an open-air roller-rink right on the oceanfront.

So I got my dad to videotape some playoff games when Vancouver made their run. He would convert them to PAL and mail them over and after practice on Sundays, the kids would all head over to someone’s house, watch the entire game, then watch it over and over again, freeze-framing every play and firguring out how it all worked. Utterly inspiring.

Myself and a scottish guy (who’d played with the New Westminster Bruins in the 70s) who coached the team ordered up jerseys for the team once and tried desperately to get them to pick colours from one of the Canadian clubs or at least an original six team. For whatever reason, they went with the colours for the cool exciting new San Jose Sharks team. I guess you can’t win ‘em all.

On the plus side, we took second place in the nationals the very first year we had a team.

80. reijo29 says:

Bruce – Pretty sure 22-51-46 were on for Sullivan’s 2 goals.
    Definitely for the 2nd one as Brodz was attempting to check Sullivan.

81. Bruce says:

Shameless plug #634: Interesting to compare the 2008-09 performance of Ales2 and Patio with that of Cole. Between them the newcomers appear to do an adequate job replacing Cole’s skill set, with some question marks in the areas of hitting, penalty killing, and especially QualComp. Otherwise the new guys more than measure up.

82. Bruce says:

Reijo: Just the second one. The first was a scorekeeper’s error which has (mostly) been fixed.

if you want to see statistical fall-out from that fuck-up, go to the play-by-play here, and look at the faceoff immediately before the 4-4 goal (7:37 of the third). On ice for the Oilers: 13-27-34-24-44-35. And guess who lost the faceoff? 51.

They fixed the most important thing, but the thread is still broken. Brodziak never touched the ice during that entire sequence.

83. CrazyCoach says:

Ice Castles that is a cool story. Thank you for sharing it.

84. reijo29 says:

O'Sullivan is playing 2nd line LW where Cogs at some point should have been tried.
    If Kotalik isn't able to produce at Evens then maybe O'Sullivan takes that spot at some point & Kotalik or Penner can be left w/ Gags & Cogs.

Just thoughts.

I realize that 78-89-19 is really the 3rd line but I'm a little concerned about lack of size/board & corner work. Might be better off with 27 or even 22 on the left side.

85. Icecastles says:

Unrelated topic:

There’s a new documentary coming out about Dustin Penner

86. Graham says:

I can’t believe they gave away Marty Sakic’s number so soon after he left. The man was destined for the rafters!

87. Icecastles says:

The closest I ever came to the NHL: I sold Jason Smith’s wife the watch she was wearing tonight. At least it looked like the same watch.

Kind of cool that he plays his old team for game 1000. I have a lot of respect for his time here, but tonight, I hope he falls down many times.

88. boopronger says:

well that was fast

89. Icecastles says:

Well if 45 seconds can tell you anything, the Oilers look HORRIBLE tonight. Absolutely scattered.

Who threw that pass?

91. Icecastles says:

LT: I’m not sure who made the pass, but it was 77 who missed it and couldn’t catch up to Spezza.

92. boopronger says:

icecastles,
    I dont think tonight is actually his 1000th game.

93. mcmatterson says:

Can’t seem to find a feed. Anyone got a link?

94. boopronger says:

Grebs threw the pass btw

Probably Grebs then. I don’t know that Gibby is the cuplrit there, it looked like a dangerous pass when it happened live. I’d like to see the entire sequence again.

96. Icecastles says:

I’m calling Zorg for a Gordie Howe hat trick tonight.

97. boopronger says:

Someone really needs to wipe that smirk off of rutuus face

98. Icecastles says:

Thanks, Boopronger, my bad. Tonight is game 1007 for Smith.

Graham, are you watching from Australia?

99. hunter1909 says:

The Dustin Penner Documentary is titled:

“Heaven and Hell, Down At Taco Bell”

Olli with a pair already for the Flames. Oilers look like they’ve been sniffing glue all day.

101. Icecastles says:

Senators I want to see bleed:
    Alfredsson, Bass, Comrie, Donovan, Fisher, Foligno, Heatley, Kelly, Neil, Ruutu, Schubert, Shannon, Spezza, Winchester, Bell, Campoli, Kuba, Phillips, Picard, Smith, Volchenkov, Elliot… and what the fuck, bring back Emery so I can watch him bleed too.

I wonder if Roli is starting to wear down under so many starts. I remember two seasons ago he was hot until they played him into the ground… He was a mess by the time they finally started giving Markanen some starts.

102. Graham says:

Icecastles:

Listening from Australia actually.

103. B.C.B. says:

That was so funny: Did you all see Campoli mounting Zorg?

104. Graham says:

Rod’s demolishing Penner i.e. “pathetic effort” etc.

105. Aimee says:

anyone know where the game is streaming?

106. bookie says:

21 hasn’t looked like a wimp tonight. He has looked dangerous at times. Certainly a better fit with Hemsky than Penner. I bet he gets a goal tonight.

107. Scott says:

With no special teams, you’d think that would favour the Oilers against this Sens team, but not so. They looked a bit lethargic to me in that period. The fourth line doesn’t look to me to be playing as well as they had in Nashville.

108. Scott says:

This is awfully hard to say after one period, especially considering that Penner with Hemsky and Horcoff has been a very successful combination.

109. Black Dog says:

Sure Scott sure.

You forgot one thing though.

Penner is FAT!

And its all his fault.

What I found interesting was the quote from Souray about the moves. He did not sound impressed. Apples for apples.

Actually apple for apples but that was interesting I thought.

I think Cole was a very popular guy. My impression is that he really liked it in Edmonton. Certainly very classy in his exit.

110. NBOilerFan says:

I don’t think it’s streaming anywhere for free. I just signed up to hockeystreams.com. You can pay $3.99US for one day… or I paid $9.99US for a month…. will get me to April 4th at least.

You can get it in HD for $13.99us/month, but I didn’t bother. The feed is pretty decent though.

111. B.C.B. says:

Or you can go to the NHL Game Center: it is $49 for the rest of the season (or $2.73 per Oiler game). They are all in HD, from what I can tell.

112. danny says:

yeah saw your name in the hockstreams channel NBoilersfan.

113. Bruce says:

Heard most of the first, watched the last few minutes. What went down between Zorg and Jerkko? I saw Zack give Ruutu a nice shoulder later in the period, but what were les punitions about? (Event summary is bilingual tonight)

Quite the wallop Smid put on Donovan. 1 down, 19 to go, eh Icecastles?

114. Bruce says:

That’s how you get 200 shots. Wonder how impressed MacT is.

115. bookie says:

Yep, fair enough. I guess I meant during the period. They seemed to create a lot of chances and Kotalik dug out some of the pucks.

Penner makes room by getting in front of the net, but he is seldom involved in any of the passing, which has limited how dynamic the line can be. This is really apparent on PP when there are basically only two guys that Hemmer passes to.

Kotalik is a better passer/receiver in motion than Penner, I think that much is clear. Whether he is more effective in terms of opportunities/points is something we will need to wait to find out.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not an Penner hater. I think that Horpensky with Kotalik on the Point w/souray might be a much better PP.

116. danny says:

Bruce, you don’t want to know. You usually get high blood pressure when you see what happened to Zorg.

If you DO, then read below…

Zorg laid a nice hit on Donovan, Ruutu took a penalty on Zorg aa little bit later, after the whistle Ruutu got Zorg to drop his gloves and proceeded to skate away giving him the evenup call

117. bookie says:

Yeah, I was very impressed. Maybe we can sign him in the offseason. Seriously, the guy was a class act and interviews like that help our league reputation. Classy guy and I wish him the best.

118. Icecastles says:

This is not going at all as planned.

119. Bruce says:

Fuck, our 1 line is in the tank. That was an offensive zone faceoff, lost the draw, went backwards, ran around our zone, took a penalty, ran around our zone some more, and Comrie of all people popped one home on the 6 on 5.

Hard to have a shift any worse that that … did nothing but play chase, badly.

I love Horcoff, but he’s playing like he’s wearing cement gloves right now. Beating the puck square.

120. Coach pb9617 says:

These Oilers look like a well coached team, that’s for sure.

Get that coach an extension.

121. Bruce says:

O’Sullivan with the weak sauce “clearing” pass right to the point man. He’ll fit right in on our PK.

122. Scott says:

Ummm…. Uh oh.

123. Coach pb9617 says:

He’s.
    not.
    physical.

124. Icecastles says:

I really think Roli is starting to look fatigued. He’s just not moving as quickly these past couple games, and flailing more than usual. They really need to get JDD a start before the burn Roli out like they did in 06/07. So much for learning from past mistakes.

125. bookie says:

Damn, I am about 5 min behind all of you (dvr), I should not have looked. I guess I can presume that its a 2-0…I will stay away until I catch up.

Go Oilers!

126. Temujin says:

Get that coach an extension.

Hehehehe

Yergh.

127. danny says:

I think the Oilers are young, and a product of parents teaching them ‘its only a game’

because they rarely ever give a crap.

128. Black Gold says:

“Absolutely inept.”
    haha ..In Rod we trust.

129. Icecastles says:

Oh no, a power play. Now we’ll never score.

130. Coach pb9617 says:

Rod’s demolishing Penner i.e. “pathetic effort” etc.

So awesome – now the whole organization is escapegoating Penner.

Certainly a better fit with Hemsky than Penner.

Oh yeah. Certainly. Based on this period, he should be reupped immediately.

because they rarely ever give a crap.

The Blackhawks are just as young and those kids love blood in the water.

131. Black Gold says:

This pessimism is killing me.

132. Icecastles says:

Yeeeah Gagner!!

133. boopronger says:

Nice jinx icecastles. Beauty goal.

134. Aram says:

gagggggggggggggggggggs.

on the pp.

finally.

135. Coach pb9617 says:

uh…

83-10-34
    21-77

is the new first power play

136. danny says:

Ales is looking for ‘Number 2′ (kotalik)

Beauty pass by Grebs

137. Scott says:

Hey! Hey! A goal on the Power Play!

138. bookie says:

Sorry, I am confused, was two guys with a good shot on the point for the PP too complex. I mean, if there were two people to pass to that could get confusing.

I thought that 21 + 44 at the same time would make sense?

139. bookie says:

Oh yeah. Certainly. Based on this period, he should be reupped immediately.

Clearly nobody could be better together than Hemmer and Penner. I mean, I just remember all of the beauty plays that they have made together – reminds me of Gretzky and Kurri…

Seriously, is it ok that I like Penner, but think that a player that can pass the puck would benefit Hemsky.

140. Bruce says:

Hemsky stands up all four of his teammates as he snowshoes over the blueline.

A turnover on a play like that is death, and there’s no way to generate any offence off of it either.

141. bookie says:

Great shot by Gilbert there, it almost beat Rolison.

142. Icecastles says:

Nice that Gibby got a shot on net, but it really should be the other net.

143. Bruce says:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Kotalik-Horcoff-Hemsky

144. bookie says:

Its clear that Ottawa as a team is better than the Oilers, maybe we should trade teams?

145. Bruce says:

Clever move by MacT there to have Cogliano take the O-zone faceoff with 15 seconds left. It was certainly enough time to generate a decent shot. Which the Senators did, after winning the draw easily and walking it out.

Nice to know our coach has his head even further up his hole than our players do.

146. quain says:

Well, Souray sure has been exceptional today. Too busy slashing Campoli to cover his man on the penalty kill. Passes into skates. Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t want to move his salary for Bouwmeester. Just can’t replace this toughness.

If MacT were a real coach he’d have Penner take his defense minutes.

147. Black Gold says:

Who misses Lubi?

148. Coach pb9617 says:

Best of luck to Craig MacTavish in the playoffs.

149. Bruce says:

Horcoff -2
    Kotalik -2
    Grebeshkov -2
    Gilbert -2
    Hemsky -2
    All others even

Ottawa’s Big 3 have 6 takeaways among them, ours just 1.

Seems to jive with what I’ve been watching. Ottawa’s winning the puck battles, and our first line is getting Owned PvP.

150. Dennis says:

37 has been beyond brutal tonight. In one shift alone he threw two passes into 83′s skates. And 44 is reverting back to his old Habitant days. Not sure if he’s tried or he’s just regressing to the mean but he’s throwing passes into skates as well.

Oilers have nothing coming from the backend and 10′s line has been pretty much shit since 71 went down.

And in honour of 18, 89 took a penalty 190 feet away from his own goal.

The Oil Might get two goals this period – the PP is due for another and we might get another one from the 13 or 89 lines – but there’s no way they suddenly clamp down to the point of not allowing a GA.

The only thing we have to hope for tonight is all of CBJ, LA and SJ helping us out.

151. Icecastles says:

I wonder how pissed off the new guys are to fly in barely 24-hours after the trade, only to discover that the team didn’t show up. It’s like a reverse surprise party.

152. Bruce says:

Cogs is flying tonight, but he can’t finish. I’m picking him to score the 3-2 goal.

153. Backhand says:

Pouliot has stood out in a positive way to me tonight. One of the few Oilers. I’d maybe throw Smid in there.

The MAP contract might be a decent one to keep as he will likely outperform.

154. Coach pb9617 says:

Coaches don’t matter.

Big deal. After one period, it was quite clear that Kotalik is a better match.

10′s game has been slowly sliding away the more minutes and more faceoffs he’s taking. Even Walter Payton would be pissed about running up that hill.

Lift the puck Cogs. C’mon kid.

155. hunter1909 says:

Icecastles: It’s fan’s negativity like yours that cause the Oilers to lose games exactly like this one.

Good thing MacT doesn’t bother motivating the players. After all, why the fuck should he?

156. Coach pb9617 says:

There you go coach. 21-89-83 and 19-10-78.

That’ll fix’er.

Dennis – are you doing chances tonight? Outside of the atrocious first goal, how is the Pislianner line doing?

157. Coach pb9617 says:

Kotalik off of the first line already.

Nice backcheck Horc. You still da man.

158. Icecastles says:

Hunter: I’m being sarcastic. I love the team and I’m optimistic going into every game. I just think that sometimes when things go just plain awful (and lets be honest – they aren’t loosing this game for any reason other than crappy effort and execution) if you can’t at least laugh, then you don’t have much. So when the team is loosing, I like to at least be able to laugh a bit.

Take this witty gem, for example:
    Roli is old.
    See? Comic genius. Now you’re smiling and laughing and all is right with the world.

159. Coach pb9617 says:

Nice backcheck Penner. It’s your fault there was a rebound though.

160. danny says:

Ladies and gentlemen, your Edmonton Oilers are being dominated by the 4th worst team in the NHL.

Somethings gotta change. Fast.

161. Icecastles says:

For all the flaws, I’m seeing some real potential with the two Ales’s. Once Hemmer finds his game again (I agree with the thinking that he’s playing hurt), they could be a tough pair to shut down.

162. Icecastles says:

Dany said:Somethings gotta change. Fast.

Maybe they should make a trade. :D

163. hunter1909 says:

Icecastles: Sorry man, I’m just being my evil self here. I couldn’t agree more with you actually. A thousand apologies.

PS: Pity the poor Leaf fans. Just a few weeks ago they were a lottery team, now they’re on an even more frustrating winning streak right at the worst possible time, lol.

164. Bruce says:

Hey Ales1, there’s no point winning the race to the icing line if you forget to touch the puck.

165. shepso says:

weak

166. Bank Shot says:

Maybe they should make a trade. :D

Who do you think they’ll get for O’Sullivan next offseason?

167. Scott says:

Take this witty gem, for example:
    Roli is old.

Prophetic.

Good shot though.

168. Bruce says:

… and with that, the game is over. The Senators’ first unit is a goal a period better than our first unit.

169. danny says:

“I have to give credit to Ottawa tonight”

- MacT

170. bookie says:

You know, i just don’t like being bitter tonight. Yeah, they kinda suck tonight, but whatever. I am sure they will win the next 4-5 games and we will all be fans again.

Go Oilers!

171. Icecastles says:

No worries, Hunter.

On some levels, I’m not surprised that Edmonton is having a rough go this game – they just lost Cole which, by the sound of it, might have been taken a bit harder than many of us expected, the new guys are running on about 2 hours of sleep, and everyone has to get used to new linemates without much of any time to practice.

I think this also shows MacT’s philosophy that it isn’t the Coach’s job to motivate the players. Loosing a veteran and bringing in new players, regardless of who any of those players are, is something that has to be sold to the team to get buy-in from the locker room. Without it, you end up with a team lacking in sense of identity and focus, which is exactly what we’re seeing tonight.

With such a young team, motivating and uniting the team is an absolutely critical job for the coach.

172. bookie says:

Goal?

173. Bruce says:

Nope. Not our night.

174. Icecastles says:

Gagner has figured out how to grow a fuller-than-normal moustache… use blood.

175. Bruce says:

Whatever, that was one hell of a shot.

176. bookie says:

Wow, after pausing in on my dvr and going frame by frame it looks inconclusive…

177. Bruce says:

I think it actually hit the white bar just behind the crotch, but probably not 100% over.

178. bookie says:

The way the puck was spinning (flat and flipping) means that it almost certainly was ‘in’ at some point, but I don’t think it was conclusive at any point.

179. Scott says:

I am sure they will win the next 4-5 games and we will all be fans again.

Prior to the game in Nashville:

Road Pythagorean Winning Percentage: .425
    Road Actual Winning Percentage: .516

So we shouldn’t be too surprised if they play a few games below .500 on the road for the rest of the year.

Also, let’s still be fans! Let’s go Oilers!

This goal/non-goal is pretty crazy.

180. Bruce says:

Well, at least the new guys ccould catch a nap during the review.

181. bookie says:

I wish they had scored, it would save us from watching this ‘power’play

182. Coach pb9617 says:

The Senators’ first unit is a goal a period better than our first unit.

Jonathan Willis says:

Lastly, I very much doubt Kotalik adds anything at evens.

I think Horpendox sawed off the top line of Ottawa last game :)

183. bookie says:

Anyone else think that Reasoner looks pretty good out there tonight, a little faster and better with the puck?

184. speeds says:

Bruce:

I think you may be right, that may have hit the inside bar and bounced out.

The rule says the puck has to cross the line, but if the puck is stopped from going into the net because of an inferior net design it doesn’t really seem fair for the goal to not count. It takes a pretty rare shot for that to be an issue, but that might have been one of them.

185. Icecastles says:

Saaaaaaaaam! Good hobbit.

186. Coach pb9617 says:

Except his scapegoats.

Hey there kiddo – that S% is regressing!

187. speeds says:

at least, I think that’s what the rule says, I’ve never read the rulebook.

188. bookie says:

That one went in, Gagner is looking a bit spiffier than he has (except for when he fell flat on his face).

189. Scott says:

Gagner with a hat-trick! Sort of…

190. shepso says:

redemption…would’ve been nice if it was 4-3 now though. Finally we’re seeing something out of Sam. Hope it isn’t too little too late

191. Coach pb9617 says:

Also, let’s still be fans! Let’s go Oilers!

Oh, I still am a fan of the team, but not the lunkhead coach. I’d like to see him flying rubber dog shit out of hong kong.

192. Bruce says:

Hemsky isn’t hitting dingers, he’s not hitting singles, and he’s not hitting line drives. I’m torn between hoping there’s a physical explanation (i.e. he’s playing hurt) and hoping he’s just in a funk and is about to snap out of it SOON. Cuz this team is dead if he keeps playing like this.

193. danny says:

Who was that standing there watching Cogs be ragdolled???

games over, fkn do something geezus.

194. danny says:

27. Penner.

Im a Penner fan but seriousy wtf. You dont let cogs get tossed around like that when the games outta hand already. Thats bullshit.

195. pboy says:

I don’t need the coach to be behind the bench screaming his head off and tossing sticks and water bottles at the ref but it would be nice to see a little more emotion than that slack jawed, deer-in-the-headlights, I’m the dumbest fuck in the room look.

196. Bruce says:

The most depressed guy in the organization has to be Ryan Potulny. Not only are there two new wingers, one of them got “his” #21.

197. danny says:

I’m 5’10, 175lbs and I’d never see a bud get mauled like that.

One of the most shameful displays I’ve seen since ive been wathcing the Oilers. Vomit.

198. gary b says:

ugh.

199. boopronger says:

Have the Oilers ever won a game this season when they are in a playoff position? They can only win if they are in 9th or 10th. So frustrating

Stupid Oilers.

200. Bruce says:

I just watched that whole exchange two times on my PVR and I’m not sure what you guys are upset about. Cheap shot by Campoli that started it, but Cogs stood up for himself, Staios and Souray came in, and Penner had ahold of both Alfredsson and Heatley in the scrum. Pretty incidental kerfuffle for the most part.

Newer Comments »