Radunske Still an Oilers Prospect?

The Edmonton Oilers website continues to list Brock Radunske as being “In the System.” He is now 26 years old, hasn’t played in the North American minors since 2006-07 and is seeing the world at this point in his playing career.

Radunske played in Germany in 2007-08 for the Augsburger Panther where he went 7-19-26 in 37 games. It’s not the RSL or even the SEL, but the German league has some quality to it. Gabriel Desjardins’ equivalencies put it just a hair below the Swiss league and less than a day’s drive from the AHL.

Radunske went offroading in 2008-09, playing for Anyang Halla of the Asian League. He scored 29 goals in 35 games in Anyang (or Halla). If he’s still an Oiler, Radunske has to be on page 2 of the left-wing depth chart.

18 Responses to "Radunske Still an Oilers Prospect?"

1. Black Dog says:

Didn’t Claude Lemieux play in the Asian league earlier this year?

Never say never LT! Never say never! This one has ‘Rudy’ written all over it.

Coach Messier – You ready to get out there Radunske?

Radunske – I’ve been ready for this moment all of my life, coach!

Pan out as Oilers crowd goes crazy as Radunnske leaps over the boards and sacks Pronger to end the game.

Moreau, Staios and the rest of the team carry him off to the accolades of the crowd. Pamela Anderson awaits in the back of the team bus.

Yowza!

2. uni says:

That’s possibly the best first post I’ve ever read.

That reminds me that I have to hit up BDHS soon and get caught up on 6 months worth of posts.

Also I’m still a Nilsson fan…any man brave enough to dress the way he does in Edmonton is just crazy enough to make it.

uni: You HAVE to visit BDHS. It’s a requirement of manhood!

Classic post as always BD.

4. Schitzo says:

Wishing hepatitis on him seems a little over the top.

5. uni says:

Wishing hepatitis on him seems a little over the top.

Now now, I’m sure BD meant waiting to congratulate him with a hearty cudos. Besides, the Oiligosphere advocates safe coitus. Especially when some are as deadly potent as BD…at least according to his posts.

6. Black Dog says:

Thanks guys.

My poor wife.

7. Bruce says:

BDHS: Hilarious. :D

Didn’t Esa Tikkanen play in the Asian League?

Pamela Anderson also played in the Asian League.

9. ian says:

I think you meant Pammy played “with” the Asian league.
    All of it.
    Hey LT
    How did our guys play at the Worlds? Omark Horc Roli et al?

10. rananda says:

Omark was one of Sweden’s better offensive players. The comparisons to Robbie Schremp continue to be foolish.

I thought Roloson played fine in the final. Couldn’t be faulted on either of the goals.

Grebeshkov surprisingly didnt get all that much time as he was on the 4th pair D. Played well, though.

11. Black Dog says:

Pamela Sue Martin too. She played LW for the Schwing Schwing Schwingers from 80 to 83.

Something like that …

12. Bruce says:

The Russians used 4 defence pairs and less than 4 lines in the final. Grebs was nominally on the fourth pairing, but TOI says otherwise:

16:30 Nikulin
    16:28 Grebeshkov16:13 Korneyev
    16:10 Proshkin
    14:52 Vishnevski
    13:48 Tverdovsky
    13:43 Atyushov
    12:31 Kalinin

I don’t think I’ve ever seen 8 D used so evenly before. You’re right, Rananda, Grebs played well; it seemed they all did.

13. Doons says:

First off, what are we talking about here? Right, its Radunske. Not Tikkanen, not Staois (a rash at best) and certainly not “Life Savers” Anderson. My guess is that Brock plays in the Asian league because its a great league to play in; you save your bones for when they’re really needed and you become a family with the Asian culture of togetherness. That, or he’s mackin’ some sick Asian hotties. At the end of the day, from Newmarket to MSU, Greenville to Grand Rapids and a few Panthers and Hallas (am I saying that right? is that Hallas as in “he hallas at the top of his lungs?” got it) in between……….this kid scores. EOM.

Omark killed the weak sisters, but didn’t do much against the real teams.

He might be something, but he’s down the depth chart.

15. rananda says:

Omark killed the weak sisters, but didn’t do much against the real teams. Which is significantly more than you can say about Zajac and Oshie and Higgins and Horcoff and other established NHL’ers.

16. rananda says:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen 8 D used so evenly before.Russian coaches and particularly Bykov always do this. It drives me up the wall.

17. uni says:

I don’t understand that comment. Wasn’t Omark deployed on a soft minutes scoring line? Wasn’t Horcoff assigned to a checking/shutdown line against the other teams’ top players?

So a checking line centre is supposed to lead his team in scoring?

18. rananda says:

Ok – remove Horcoff from the list then. I think the point that Omark killed the bad teams but didn’t produce against the good ones so we can’t draw any conclusions about him yet isn’t particularly valid when there were numerous NHLers (Horcoff not included) who were put in similar situations and who didn’t produce in the way Omark did. For the people that like to compare Omark to Schremp, Schremp couldn’t dream of playing a significant role on a Bronze medal winning World Championship team right now.