All Hell About to Break Loose?

I think we can agree that Steve Tambellini plays his cards closer to the vest than Kevin “is it me?” Lowe did during his time as Edmonton’s General Manager. I’m heartened by this knowledge and would hope that two recent items on the various hockey sites and blogs are just examples of misquotes and bizarre free thinking.

The first item came from a Dan Tencer interview on CHED radio in which Pat Quinn was quoted as saying “you’ve got a great talented center here that never distributes the puck. Is he a great talent? Yeah. But he’s like playing with the Lone Ranger.” The quote is courtesy David Staples blog at the EJ. David thinks it’s a shot at Hemsky, which would be an incredible statement based on the fact that Hemsky has averaged 54 assists per 82 games since the lockout. I’d also suggest Pat Quinn update the reference points, as “Lone Ranger” is a tad obscure for much of the buying public.

My own feeling is that Quinn probably does mean Hemsky and (as he’s implied himself) hasn’t a fricking clue about the team he’s taking over. It’s also possible Quinn is merely parroting what he’s heard behind closed doors, but that doesn’t strike me as being a Tambellini-era slip. Either way, if the Oilers plan on dealing Hemsky they better be getting a very nice return or all hell will break loose.

Also today, this item from Lyle Richardson at Spector’s: The Edmonton Oilers are rumored willing to part with defensemen Lubomir Visnovsky ($5.6 million per season against the cap until 2012-13) or Sheldon Souray (cap hit of $5.4 million per season until 2011-12) in hopes of landing offensive depth.

I think it’s a completely reasonable assumption that the Oilers are in fact shopping a big blueline contract. If they’d prefer to keep Gilbert (younger, making less money) then shopping one of the big contracts would be the obvious next step. This could also be laying the groundwork to make a pitch to Jay Bouwmeester but I’m getting ahead of myself here.

One thing is certain: based on the names (Hemsky, Lubo) being discussed here I’m not terribly encouraged by the new era in Oiler Nation. Here’s hoping Steve Tambellini hasn’t uttered a word and that these are the idiot jibberings of the Al Gore.

101 Responses to "All Hell About to Break Loose?"

1. mc79hockey says:

LT – I've got an email address for you. Is it a working one?

2. Paper Designer says:

I think you have to deal Souray. As much as he brings in terms of goal-scoring and physicality, I think he's a player that's easier to replace in pieces than a unique, high-end offensive talent like Visnovsky. Bring in better goal-scorers upfront and more toughness on the back-end, and I think you'll be okay.

Let's not forget that Visnovsky has a bomb of his own. It's not like we won't have a big point shot anymore.

3. Deano says:

It depends what is coming back in return.

I have openly speculated that JayBo's rumored change of heart about Edmonton has more to do with his significant other's family planning than his own desires. (What Mrs. Pronger takes away, karma and JayBo's g/f give back.)

Fla. was prepared to pay JayBo, which means that they should be prepared to pay Lubo. (I do not think that Souray to Fla works for either side).

What would Fla rather give up instead of the stud Dman?

I like Weiss+Eminger – but I can't really tell if they like Weiss better than Horton. I'd take either Weiss or Horton.

JayBo replaces Lubo, Weiss/Horton+Eminger are additions.

4. Mike says:

OK first you've been the coach for all of what, 3 weeks? And you haven't looked at a roster/depth chart enough to know that Hemmer isn't a center?

Second, yes Pat, let's get Ales sulking and feeling unappreciated before the offseason even gets under way.

HE IS YOUR BEST PLAYER. Coach him ON the ice, not on the goddamn radio. Now I am scared I will wake up tomorrow and read 'Hemsky demands trade' on TSN.com.

Too soon for this kind of rant?

5. Black Dog says:

Um, yikes.

I think Souray is going to be moved myself. They have to clear cap space and if rumours are true then he asked out.

As for Lubo did Lowe not say that they would honour his no-trade? Does that even mean anything?

If they move Hemsky there better be fantabulous return is all I have to say.

6. Black Dog says:

Deano – based on past situations I think to get Bouwmeester's rights before July 1st would only take a pick, conditional on his signing.

Although your idea definitely has merit – move a player to Florida to replace Bouwmeester – clear the cap space etc.

7. Anonymous says:

LT – get your emails out of the text…. Spam central :-)

Kurri_17

8. kris says:

After listening to the interview, I'm not sure if Quinn knows the difference between Horcoff and Hemsky yet.

He called Hemsky a center early in the interview, and then much later when asking a question about Horc as the #1 center, he started talking about Hemsky again.

Uh oh spaghetti-0's.

Let's hope Renney is working on the details, like our best players names and their positions.

I think it's fine if this is just Quinn rambling. Who knows, maybe he looked at the assist total and made an assumption.

But the one thing I believe we're going to have to get used to is that Craig MacTavish was a true wordsmith and anyone following him up was going to be an adjustment.

10. Black Dog says:

If Quinn starts talking about how he used to wear an onion on his belt then we can start to worry.

'Five bees to a quarter' we used to say.

11. Deano says:

Pat,

I think the 'going rate' for a player's rights is about a third round pick – unconditional tho'. The subsequent trade could swap that pick back for another higher or lower one as necessary.

The only thing that I have found online about honoring Lubo's no trade was that it was only guaranteed for the first year (last season).

I am not sure that a no-trade has as much value in Edmonton – it seems to be near the bottom of player's lists of places to play.

The problem would be paying everyone. Definitely no room for Pisani, Staois or Moreau.

12. Coach pb9617 says:

Nothing good can come from this.

The owner is Ahab, the GM couldn't get the same job for the Canucks, the coach doesn't know his roster from a hole in the ground and the fans just wants someone to hit someone.

Nothing good can come from this.

13. Mark-Ryan says:

Lyle Richardson bringing up the Visnovsky rumor bothers me, but if Souray is also involved (and there are likely other factors) I have to think it will be him to move.

The Hemsky stuff… yeah, just Quinn rambling, I'd guess. He preambled almost everything he said by saying "I haven't seen enough yet".

14. Deano says:

Coach pb9617 said:

the GM couldn't get the same job for the Canucks

Based on how effectively most NHL teams are run (Detroit and NJ excluded) this observation has no real value. The league is rife with favoritism, nepotism and out and out stupidity. These 'braintrusts' are anything but.

Vancouver is not known for making solid executive decisions so who cares if Tambo was passed over? He's our man now.

Quinn does sound slightly senile tho'.

15. rider guy says:

Completely off topic, but did anyone see Burke's comments about Heatley asking for a trade…

"We're not going to be in on that. He's a good player, but I have certain guidelines about how players ask for trades"

and

"For a player to pop off and say he wants out or leak it, in my mind, you are now no longer interested in your team. If you've done that, you've handicapped them, you've handcuffed your GM."

Unfortunately the 2 morons doing the interview didn't follow up with the obvious question about why it's OK that 44 did it but it's not OK when Heatley does it.

16. Moose says:

rider guy:

Not that I ever want to defend that blowhard, but I suspect the difference is Pronger (or his agents) didn't go public with it. If you remember Pronger asked out at mid-season, but Lowe told him just to go play and thought the hockey (winning) would take care of things. It only became public when Strachan leaked it at the end of the season. Say what you want about Pronger, but the guy was as professional as ever in showing up to play every night and almost leading his team to a Stanley Cup, I have never had a problem with Pronger for THAT very reason.

17. Deano says:

Moose,

Additionally, as I remember it, Pronger only went public after Lowe publicly denied the Strachan rumours.

So Kev, '[Was] it [you]?'

ummm….yeah, it [was].

18. knighttown says:

If you take it literally, that's an alarming interview. Our puck movers are Fancy Dans? Our star is a Lone Ranger? Our MVP is too old?

LT's giving Quinn a lot of leeway calling these innocent ramblings and I'll play along for now. But motivator or no, you'd think that a month into the new gig he'd know at least some details of the team.

19. Gerta Rauss says:

Is this the bus to the civic center?

20. Moose says:

Deano: True.

I always felt Pronger got a bit of a raw deal. I understood the frustration (as a fan) but he never tied Lowe's hands, at least not initially.

LET'S BURN AL STRACHAN'S FURNITURE!!!

21. Moose says:

knighttown:

I must say I was concerned while listening too. I mean didn't we just lambast a coach because of his calling out players in the media? Maybe there wasn't the direct shot by name in Quinn's ramblings, but it was a little far fetched given his own admission that he doesn't know the team just yet.

Note to Tambellini: Get the Lone Ranger his own "Silver" and maybe distribution problem would fix itself.

22. mc79hockey says:

If you're calling someone a Fancy Dan, you might as well be wearing an onion on your belt. I think that the thing with Quinn will be counting the number of bizarre old-timey expressions that he drops.

23. PDO says:

So far, Tambs has made one move as GM of the Oilers.

Two months of Erik Cole for O'Sullivan and two months of Ales Kotalik.

Until proven otherwise, he's done a heck of a job; but there are a lot of red flags starting to pop up…

24. PDO says:

If we're winning, I think it'll be downright hilarious.

25. Bruce says:

I thought the Lone Ranger was Sean Avery.

26. oilerdago says:

One thing that catches my attention is the thought of trading either Souray or Visnovsky on the back end (versus Gilbert or Grebs).

Can we agree that long-term, it might make better sense to trade your more expensive/older d-men as opposed to your younger d-men? Certainly, Gilbert's contract has value (a bit of an overpay but considering the FA year's given up, $4 mil/yr is still good). And Grebs at a shade over $3mil is good too.

So if JayBo is coming back from Fla for one of our older vets, that would be a good thing (imo).

But with the way Hemsky finished the season, this is troubling unless Renney is going to be the man behind the scenes keeping him on the train.

27. mc79hockey says:

I love how Quinn drops a Maginot Line reference in the interview. Tencer laughs; I'll keep my views to myself as to whether or not he understood the reference.

28. uni says:

Ah Grandpa Simpson references…well played BDHS.

I rather like the stories involving Hitler myself, assination & cabaret dancer =).

Also I think people are reading way too much into this right now. I'll hold off on the getting riled up much less the lynching till training camp at least opens.

29. digger says:

I think that we should keep in mind here that while Quinn is officially the head coach, Renney is the coach in waiting, and in all likelihood will be the head coach no more than 3 years from now.

IMO Quinn's being brought in here to rattle what management believes to be some complacent cages, and if he's a tad irrational about it then if nothing else it'll keep this group of underachievers on their toes. I expect that Renney will be the guy that oversees the nuts and bolts of the team, and to figure out who needs to play where in order to give this team the greatest chance of success. I'm fairly certain that Renney knows that Hemsky's not a center, just like Quinn's right in openly calling out a player who's been offensively running in place for a couple of years now, and didn't exactly end his most recent season on a high note professionally.

30. Dennis says:

All hell breaking loose, eh?

Is that anything like the time we traded Pronger for – wait for it – magic beans?:)

It doesn't make me feel good that Quinn's coming off as unknowing about his new club but as long as he's not making any decisions, I"m not gonna fret about it just yet. I always said I thought the guy was brought in here to be old timey and tell stories and Renney would pull the strings.

And I don't want to see 83 moved but we've seen worst things happen.

31. alphahelix says:

I would have rarely accused the previous Vancouver management of making strong player assessments.

32. blafoy says:

I thought he was talking about Smid.

33. Smarmy Boss says:

I don't see the need for panic. Quinn doesn't come across as the kind of guy that carries around a book on every player in the league. That seems to be Renney's gig.

And tying an onion to your belt is all the rage with kids these days. Except they use the small white ones not the big yellow ones.

34. Anonymous says:

If Al Gore is an idiot, look in the mirror sometime. Your writing is predictable and attrocious.

Al?

36. mc79hockey says:

Looks like Quayle to me. Cheney can't handle the physical exertion of typing and Bush I and Mondale are unlikely to be internet savvy.

Quayle's young enough and (presumably) can't spell atrocious.

37. Coach pb9617 says:

The spelling gives him away. Right Ethan?

38. dstaples says:

What?! So everybody is cool with Quinn saying Roli ain't coming back? :)

39. Ribs says:

He probably thinks Roli's the goalie coach.

40. mc79hockey says:

+1 Ribs. I'd also suggest that, given that Quinn got fired in Toronto after the Leafs forgot to check the expiry date on Ed Belfour, he's probably a bit leery of old goalies generally.

God, we've hired Reagan.

42. dstaples says:

LT, more like Howard Cosell, but with real hair.

Coach is just telling it like it is.

43. Bar Qu says:

This thread is better than tv.

Gregor's got a classic over at ON. It appears the Oilers might not know the CBA.

45. uni says:

I can't remember the last time I saw an Anonymous post here…just wow.

And as far as anonymous posts go, what a doozey, no idea what that guy was going on about.

46. Coach pb9617 says:

God, we've hired Reagan.

Even Reagan would have said he didn't recall Hemsky's position rather than call him a selfish center.

47. Unleaded says:

If Ales Hemsky is the Lone Ranger, and we are still looking for Silver… does that make Shawn Horcoff Tonto?

I'm not sayin'… I'm just sayin'…

48. HBomb says:

Good on speeds for taking the high road over there.

People rip on bloggers for how they "behave" – Gregor's acting like an 8 year old child in an argument in that thread.

49. Oilman says:

So does Brule have a roster spot sewn up, or is he included in a trade…it's got to be one or the other because there is no way he's allowed to pass through waivers after this – is there?

50. pboy says:

Nice work Speeds.

51. danny says:

How dare you insult THE Al Gore!!

52. Ribs says:

All Hell About to Break Loose?

Jeebus. Help.

If Olczyk doesn't know what's going on we're pooched.

53. Jesse says:

I see Quinn as less of a Grandpa Simpson style coach and more of a Mr. Burns baseball manager style coach.

"Smid, I told you to shave those sideburns! You're off the team."

54. Mr DeBakey says:

"Your writing is predictable and attrocious."

Oilers, Oilers Oilers
    Every damn day its Oilers
    Whadda about the world Situation?!!

That interview with Grandpa Quinn was a little frightening.

Other than the part about the problematic center, Lone Ranger Hemsky,
    the part I really hated was the D-fents with more bite chapter.

Lat year our Bite guys couldn't couldn't get the damn puck out!
    We don't need more of that.

55. Bar Qu says:

Apparently having Olczyk interpret the CBA is like giving a gorilla a knife. Funny to look at but upon further reflection not a good thing for anyone involved.

Someone go in there with a treat and take Olczyk away from that legal document before he hurts the team.

56. Bar Qu says:

BTW speeds, classy work over there with Gregor.

Hemsky can play for my team anyday, but I'm damn glad somebody intends to do some coaching of his offensive game.

His perfectionism is hurting his production.

No multi-year contract for Roloson. I don't mind pay him a lot on one-year deals. But one you are past 35, the CBA means that you have to go a year at a time.

58. mc79hockey says:

It's an interesting thread. My theory is generally, when in doubt, assume that the media has lost the meaning of a comment in translation.

With that said, it's hard to screw up whether or not Gilbert Brule is waiver eligible. That's kind of a binary thing. If Olcyzk said "Brule's waiver eligible" rather than this being Gregor's interpretation of Olcyzk's explanation of the waiver rule, than yikes. That's brutal. It's a little troubling that this is the second time too. Check out this gem of a thread.

59. Coach pb9617 says:

Too many cap-strapped teams would be willing to take a shot on a small number for him, I'd imagine.

Lat year our Bite guys couldn't couldn't get the damn puck out!
    We don't need more of that

Ring around the dasher
    Staios ain't a passer
    fracas! fracas!
    Ladi falls down!

60. Mr DeBakey says:

"Check out this gem of a thread"

Whoo-boy

Ol Jason is a hard workin guy
    and has done alright
    But I bet he was never on his High School's Reach For The Top team.

[You young fellas and furriners will have to do the Google to find out about Reach For The Top]

61. PunjabiOil says:

YOU ARE WRONG

62. PunjabiOil says:

I just read that gem of a thread.

Gregor comes across as an idiot. Like alot of other media guys in the city, they're clueless about the CBA and the business side of things.

63. mc79hockey says:

Oh hell, just because I love it so much:

My beef with bloggers is that anyone can be one. Most are nameless, faceless people who write their opinions, but unfortunately there are too many false facts in blogs. I understand the next generation gets most of their information from the Internet, but unfortunately lots of it is horribly written or inaccurate. Kids read this stuff and they believe it. I don't think bloggers truly understand the strength of their message, and also the damage it can do.

Amen to that brother.

64. Coach pb9617 says:

I hate you for linking that and I hate me for reading it. The only reason I go to that site is JW and even then I don't read the comments because I know what's coming. Gregor makes my skin crawl.

It's no wonder 3/4 of the fanbase hates Horcoff – Peabrain is their leader. How can a person that makes their living from sports have no idea how the sport and sports business works? Amazing.

I blame basements. If we had fewer basements, there'd be fewer bloggers. Robert Tychkowski told me so.

66. PunjabiOil says:

LOL

67. PDO says:

I blame Cheetos and diet cola personally.

If they didn't exist, we'd have all starved to death years ago….

68. PDO says:

Thanks for pointing that out Einstein, because none of us see that it is a gradual decline, especially for the first four years. What you, in all your infinite wisdom, fail to realize is that Horcoff’s seven million next season counts towards the CAP for next year. That impacts a lot in how little room they have. And with Horcoff making 7 million that DOES impact how little they can spend. And the next year when the salary cap inevitably goes down to 50 or as low as 47 million Horcoff will make 6.5 out of that. Will he be as much of a factor as other guys making that much? Doubtful
    since to this point in his career he hasn’t.

… wait what?

Jason Gregor doesn't know how cap hits are figured out?

Oh my…

69. PDO says:

Guys its okay.

There are TWO salary caps!!!!

70. PunjabiOil says:

The funniest part is on page 3. Right after it's explained to him how the salary cap works, and his (weak) acknowledgement of such, it's right back to square one (read the Hemsky reference)

I never bitched about it. But even at a $5.5 cap hit he will be hard pressed to live up to that, when you compare his numbers to guys around the league making that.

On his own team, he will be taking home almost double what Hemsky makes. Right or wrong, that contract will be almost impossible for him to live up to. But moreso the organization looks terrible for signing him to that deal

Edmonton needs a Bob McCown.

Seriously – what is so difficult to figure out about how the salary cap works? My 11 year old nephew knows how it goes. No excuse for a guy who hosts his own radio show, 4 years into the new CBA.

It's quite sad, actually.

71. William says:

LOL basements… now I have visions of Gregor crouched in the corner of his basement muttering, "YOU ARE WRONG! MY PRECIOUS, MY PRECIOUS, GOLLUM, GOLLUM…."

Between Quinn calling Hemsky a centre, Olczyk apparently misquoting the CBA to JG, and Burke calling out Heatley, it's like being in an alternate dimension where everyone has a goatee.

72. PunjabiOil says:

Guys its okay.

There are TWO salary caps!!!!

:facepalm:

73. PDO says:

Will Darryl Katz spend to the cap for both caps!?

This is too fucking good…

74. shepso says:

to quote the ever quotable Dr. Gonzo, sometimes known as Oscar Zeta Acosta, HST's attorney and partner in crime "I think I'm getting the fear." Between the apparent senility of the coach, the lack of knowledge of the legalities of waivers by the hired lawyer/cap guru and the bitterness found by the MSM hired guns/goons, I am deeply concerned that this mighty franchise is one 15 year contract away from that other '80s dynasty gone bad. At least our owner's name can't be joked about as a body part, but at this point, that's all we've got to look forward to, especially as the Rexall ice begins to deteriorate on the same pace as the Nassau rink. As I said, I think I am getting the fear. Perhaps they took too much of the adrenochrome?

75. PunjabiOil says:

Will Darryl Katz spend to the cap for both caps!?

This is too fucking good

No. They will leave room until March

" 'MOVING TARGET'

"It's a moving target," said governor Cal Nichols, adding the Oilers will go to $45 million to start the season, and then nudge closer to the $50.3 million cap at the trade deadline if it looks like they're a player or two away from a playoff charge.

"We never intended to go right to the cap (by October) because prudence tells you that you should leave something there for the unknown – deals for later in the season or whatever."

76. Steve says:

Geez, I consider myself one of the young guys here, and I captained the team that finished third place nationally in 2000; Reach is still alive and well, thanks. And being televised on Canadian Learning Television!

(Apologies for the boasting; the fact that I have nothing of any use to contribute to hockey discussions sometimes gives me a bit of a complex when I'm reading these threads.)

77. boopronger says:

Just read the posts over at ON. Man oh man what is this world coming to. Im now convinced that some of you guys could probably run some things on the Oilers better then some of the management if they dont understand the simple basics of the CBA.

And Gregor, WOW,

He kind of admits hes wrong but not really. I love the "why would a contract be front loaded then?"

Player Agent: Hey player A, would you like to have 7 million dollars next year or 4million?

Player A: Is this a trick question?

78. hunter1909 says:

The internet picks apart each word uttered by the management on a level bordering on absurd.

One of the great things about moving away from the Lowe era is how the team has stopped blabbering its intentions.

To say a good thing or two about Lowe, remember when he got Pronger? No one expected anything to happen, he just did it. Remember the 2006 deadline deals? Same thing. Lowe managed both times to keep his big fat Irish mouth shut and get on with things.

Why anyone expects Quinn to be pouring over past Oiler game tapes like some kind of teenaged geek escapes me. He knows from experience. When training camp starts he will get his first look at the players. You know guys, training camp?

This is one hell of a sick fan base. Understandable, given 20 years of futility, but it needs to be said.

79. jon k says:

This thread is gold Jerry, GOLD!

80. raventalon40 says:

If Olczyk doesn't know what's going on we're pooched.

Maybe that's why we've been pooched. Especially with the way the JDD and other farm team situations have shaken down.

81. Matt N says:

Like the time we went over to shelbyville during the war, I wore an onion on my belt….which was the style at the time…you couldnt get those white ones, you could only get those big yellow ones……………..now where was I……..oh yeah, the important thing was I was wearing an onion on my nelt, which was the style at the time, you couldnt get those… (trails off)

82. Other Anon says:

Now when calculating the cap the important thing to remember is that the ferry cost a nickel, but in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. 'Gimme 5 bees for a quarter,' you'd say. Now, where were we?

83. pboy says:

Let me get this straight. You think that it's too much to ask that the incoming head coach would be knowledgable about the players he is about to coach before training camp? Especially the players who will be expected to carry the mail for him….. I'm not concerned at all with what Quinn said, he was obviously talking off the cuff and he was talking in generalities not really getting all that specific. Back in the early years of organized sports, the players used to use training camp to get in shape for the season, now the players come into training camp physically ready for the season to start. Do you really think that coaches haven't changed their approaches also?

84. Coach pb9617 says:

He said Hemsky was a center.

85. pboy says:

I know. I just think it's funny that Hunter1909 thinks the Oil have "one hell of a sick fan base" because people have an expectation that the incoming coach would have some of his homework done before training camp opens.

86. Black Dog says:

Its already been said but this is pure gold.

87. Krankor says:

For another slice of fried gold, check out Gregor's rambling, incoherent rejoinder.

88. Anonymous says:

Costello: Are you the manager?

Abbott: Yes.

Costello: You gonna be the coach too?

Abbott: Yes.

Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names?

Abbott: Well I should.

89. Mike says:

Hi Coach, I'm Dustin, this is my center Hemsky, and this is my other winger Hemsky.

Something tells me Quinn really would be happier with the Sedin twins. No need to sweat which one plays center.

90. Alice says:

Hell, we'd All be happy. Maybe we can even make a move on the Hooper triplets. For the soft parade, of course.

//If Olczyk doesn't know what's going on we're pooched.//

Because Gregor is clueless, it doesn't mean Olczyk is clueless. It only means Gregor is clueless.

92. Ribs says:

I sure hope so, godot.

I imagine Olczyk verifies lists with the league and whatnot. He can't be that inept.

It will be interesting to see what kind of workarounds teams are capable of here if the info does come about from this.

93. Master Lok says:

Before we rip on Olczyk, let's give him the benefit of the doubt shall we? Gregor's cap understanding has proven to be mistaken, let's not assume the same of Olczyk, based purely on Gregor.

At least not until there's a link of the interview.

94. Rick says:

If this team trades Visnovsky, it does so at their own peril.

He's the best defender on the team, and had he not gotten hurt, the Oilers probably would have made the playoffs.

I'd like to keep Souray too, but he's much worse in his own zone, regardless of the killer slap-shot from the point.

I'd really like to see the Oilers trade Gilbert and bring in a less expensive but solid stay-at-home type to save cap room for offensive upgrades.

Gilbert has been way too inconsistent overall and lackidasical in his own end, and has not justified the big salary.

In fact, Grebeshkov passed him on the depth chart this year, and is much more deserving of a higher salary, but not one as overblown as Gilbert got.

95. Dennis says:

Just for a laugh, go over to ON and wonder aloud why no one ever went after Lowe;)

96. raventalon40 says:

A lot of times Grebs makes Gilbert look better than he actually is. If Grebs gets less than Gilbert it will be a steal because if I were Denis I'd be asking for a similar deal.

97. kris says:

Dennis,

I see what you mean about ON in general, but are you saying that one of the most recent posts is patricularly noteworthy in that regard?

98. Anonymous says:

Anyone think he might have been referring to Gagner??

I don't think he wants to start with Hemsky in the doghouse.

99. Anonymous says:

How is Hemsky a center?

100. Dennis says:

Kris: No, I don't think it's come up recently; then again I've been busy lately with other things and haven't even been posting in every one of LT's threads, let alone what's posted over there.

I'm just saying that it's an interesting place:)

101. Ribs says:

Hemsky played some center at the World's this year….Does that count, Mr. Anonymous?