Crystal Ball

They pulled in just behind the fridge
He lays her down, he frowns

“Gee my life’s a funny thing, am I still too young?”
He kissed her then and there
She took his ring, took his babies
It took him minutes, took her nowhere
Heaven knows, she’d have taken anything.

This is David Jones. It’s been years since I’ve heard much of his music, even though he was all over the radio when I was a kid. The reason I’ve spent so much time around his music lately is my daughter: she sees and hears David Bowie as something brand new. It has caused a flood of memories for me this summer, including one famous fight with my Dad over the album Diamond Dogs (long story short: I could keep the album, but the album cover had to stay at my friend Alan Hermanson’s. Seriously).

This past week or so my family spent rambling through America, and we have a long established rule about music. The four of us get to choose (in rotation) what the family listens to for an hour or so. I made the kids listen to Van Morrison, Blue Rodeo and Marvin Gaye, my wife made sure we got our yearly dose of Fleetwood Mac and my son continued his love affair with ska.

None of that was a surprise. My daughter on the other hand has apparently decided it’s 1970. She wore a Beatles t-shirt for much of the vacation (apparently “there’s nothing else to wear!” is “good morning” in teenager) and is completely taken with David Bowie’s music. “Starman” and “Fame” and “Sound and Vision” and “China Girl.” I’m fine with it (she could have chosen Bobby Goldsboro or Roger Whitaker) but I’ll tell you sometimes Bowie’s 1970 era lyrcis sound rather strange when my daughter is singing them.

Every end of July I make 10 predictions on this blog. They don’t really come true (last year I made 10 specific predictions about the Oilers. The next day they announced Tambellini as the new GM–so much for pertinent predictions) but it’s fun all the same. Here is this year’s edition:

1. Pat Quinn uses sentences like “we’re too small all over the place” and “we have lots of forwards who do the same thing” quite often during training camp.
  2. Devan Dubnyk emerges as a legit prospect in training camp and his name comes up often as Jeff Deslauriers struggles early in the season.
  3. Edmonton makes a huge trade in August, sending away components of the Heatley trade and acquiring a scorer not named Dany Heatley.
  4. Edmonton makes that deal with a team they’ve done business with in the past.
  5. Marc Pouliot takes complete advantage of the opportunity that awaits him this fall at center.
  6. Rob Schremp is traded to the New York Islanders before the season starts.
  7. The Oilers invite a surprising and significant free agent to training camp without a contract and he accepts the invitation.
  8. The opening night roster has a few surprises on it at the depth level.
  9. Ryan Stone is one of those players.
  10. The Oilers start slowly to begin the season.

Finally, here are last year’s predictions and the results:

1. Oilers add at least one more significant player. They did not.
  2. Rob Schremp has a terrific training camp and doesn’t make the team. Schremp led Oiler rookies in pre-season scoring (4gp, 0-2-2) and opportunity. He was the last cut before opening night, but on a technicality (he got an exemption to attend his Grandfather’s funeral).
  3. Dustin Penner shows up and demolishes last year’s fitness testing numbers. He had a tough season beginning in training camp and by November Craig MacTavish said “We thought the contract ($4.25 million average for five years) was a starting point for him, but he views it as a finish line. I can’t watch it.”
  4. Ales Hemsky looks older, more mature, stronger. Better. I felt he was quality save for the concussion and the effects of the concussion. We’re still waiting for overdrive but this is a nice gear too.
  5. Theo Peckham is the surprise of camp (in a good way). He did get noticed, including a couple of big fights in pre-season.
  6. The Oilers training camp invite list has at least two former NHLers on it trying to find their way back to the show. There were none.
  7. Ryan Potulny makes the team. He didn’t make it and played in only one pre-season game. He was a late cut (Oct. 2).
  8. Gilbert Brule is sent out early enough to cause a stir and some bad feelings. He was a very late cut (October 7) but didn’t show enough in pre-season.
  9. The Oilers surprise everyone by staying relatively healthy this fall (betting 7 here). The first injury was Denis Grebeshkov November 7th and he missed three games with a concussion. Hemsky went on IR January 9th (he’s miss 10 games) with his concussion and the next day Stortini hit the DL. Stortini would miss 6 games and later Nilsson would miss 5 (concussion), Visnovsky would miss 32 (torn labrum), Grebeshkov 2 more with an ankle sprain, Pisani 42 games with a broken ankle. Moreau then had an eye injury (4 games, could have been much worse) and Smid broke his hand March 30. I’m going to say it was an epic fail prediction.
  10. Jason Strudwick is in the opening night lineup, and Ladislav Smid isn’t. This did in fact happen, with Strudwick playing 13:50 and getting 2 shots on goal in a 3-2 Oiler win.

70 Responses to "Crystal Ball"

1. Bohologo says:

Did they pull in behind the bridge, or behind the fridge? I always thought it was the former.

Nice to hear that Marvin Gaye is on the mandatory summer vacation play list!

Can I get a witness indeed.

2. Jay says:

LT – long time reader. thanks for the great work. now for my non-hockey content related post. using yellow as your colour for some of your text makes it tough to read with some news reader programs (ie. google reader). imagine reading yellow text on white background. changing it to another colour with some better contrast with white would be much appreciated.

please delete post asap as i know this is silly to have in the comments. i don't know of a way to send a private message. thanks again for the great work

Bryn Griffiths intimated this morning that he had knowledge that by Monday the Oilers would be "officially" out of the Heatley sweepstakes.

Don't know if they are going to announce they are out, or make another trade involving one/some of the Heatley package.

I think your prediction that I referenced above is a lock.

Just how "huge" the trade will be is the big unknown….

4. Don in real life says:

Good music choices though.

5. Spot The Loon says:

My prediction is the price of beer will be higher at Rexall Place this year. That should be a pretty sure bet. ;-)

6. Peter says:

The only guys that are fits are Zherdev and Marleau. I don't want Zherdev unless he comes dirt cheap. If we give up something significant for him that would be ridiculous. I'm not sure what kind of package San Jose would want for Marleau, but we'd definitely need to take on more salary than them.

7. HBomb says:

Thinking out loud – does San Jose do Penner for Marleau straight up?

It would save them 2 million in cap space. Although having that much passive behavior from two huge men (Thornton and Penner) on one line might cause the universe to collapse.

I kid, of course, but hey – maybe Wilson and Co. in San Jose "saw him good" when Penner was with Anaheim.

Question is, would this be an upgrade to this team? Marleau-Horcoff-Hemsky as a trio intrigues me, but there would have to be another move to make the cap dollars balance out (basically Nilsson out for nothing, either by trade or AHL assignment). And we'd still have a black hole at 3C…..

Screw it. Simon Gagne is still the ideal option, IMO. Plan B would be Alex Frolov.

8. B.C.B. says:

Hbomb: I like the Marleau idea becasue it could potentially solve both the LW and depth at center problems with one stone.

Marleau could be used as either the first LW or as a center, especially on the PK. new line up:
    Horcoff – Hemsky – Patty'O
    Gagner – Pisani- Cogliano
    Marleau – Potulny – Moreau
    Poo – Zorg – JFJ
    Extras: SMac, Stone
    Out: Nilsson, Penner

9. Smarmy Boss says:

Was Anson Carter not a non-roster invite last camp? Or was that the year before?

My wife has had a lifelong love affair of David Bowie. I think me having most of his albums on wax is what made her decide to give me shot.

10. Icecastles says:

@Smarmy: I was thinking the same thing, but Anson Carter was two (pre)seasons ago. What ever happened to him, anyway?

He was concussed I believe one period into the pre-season. I know Anson Carter isn't everyone's cup of tea but he was always fun to watch and came from a long way back.

12. Dyckster says:

I think Marleau would be a great add, BUT, isn't he a UFA after this year? If so, we'd run the risk of presumably giving up some young potential stud(s) (Cogs) and only get Marleau for 1 season.

13. shanetrain says:

Oh the love affair with Pouliot!

Im no scout, but this guy does absolutely nothing for me. I would have been much happier seeing him instead of Brodzie moved.

I predict "bookie" will come on here and tell me to take some more over the counters with my happy juice.

14. Coach pb9617 says:

and is completely taken with David Bowie's music.

Rightfully so, LT.

'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
    And love dares you to care for
    The people on the edge of the night
    And love dares you to change our way of
    Caring about ourselves

And "Quicksand" has some amazing lyrics.

shanetrain: Sometimes when you cheer for a guy as long as I have for Pouliot the blinders are clearly on. So, I'm absolutely certain someone else could do a better job at evaluating him but part of the reason I'm a fan of this beautiful game is to watch kids develop, overcome and succeed. And because it isn't promised to everyone, and because failure is probably a better bet than success for Pouliot, if he does make it he'll be a special player for me as a fan for as long as he plays the game.

16. doritogrande says:

Dyckster:

That's why the trade was Marleau for Penner straight up.

I'd actually be a fan of that trade because it would give us money to work with come the next off-season. Which, given the talented RFA's we're going to have to sign would be a welcome benefit.

17. goldenchild says:

Don in real Life said "You know LT, I've been reading your blog for ages now it seems and I didn't realise you were an old married guy. I always thought you were mid to late twenties for some reason."

HAHAHAHA come on seriously? Am I the only one who finds this hillarious?

btw love Marvin, the What's Goin On album is 30 years old and is probably more relavent now then it was then.
    Not to mention he also has the best national anthem rendition ever. What a singer.

Early 20's HAHAHAHAHA

18. Mr DeBakey says:

Pat Quinn uses sentences like…

“We’ve gotta coupla young fellers here…”

Deslauriers struggles early in the season.

And the sun is going to rise in the East every morning

Edmonton makes a huge trade in August,

Gagne

Marc Pouliot takes complete advantage of the opportunity

Wouldn’t that be something to tell your grandkids about!

The opening night roster has a few surprises on it at the depth level.

Colin McDonald

Ryan Stone is one of those players.

I don’t think they like his skating. When KP was discussing the farmboys, he touched on both Potulny’s & Stone’s skating. About one he sounded hopeful….
    Now that could just be my impression.

19. shanetrain says:

Fair enough LT.

It could be me, but throughout this whole Heatley shitstorm sitting here now I have no idea what Heatley's deal is. Unclear what Tambellini and co. are thinking. Really, arent the 'diggers' of the sports journalism industry supposed to have us dialed in to what really is going on. Everywhere I read it seems to be just musings instead of concrete evidence.

20. Ribs says:

Quinn's going to get Sundin to show up for camp? Neato.

Early 20's? Was it the ancient baseball anecdotes? The Golden Seals references? The song lyrics from decades past?…That is pretty funny.

21. shanetrain says:

M Gaye is badass!

As a young gaffer that Bowie music video of "China Girl" was hot!

22. Alice says:

If MAP is reading this, Yes, LT is your long-lost godfather. So straighten up! And stop blubbering, dammit….

Last yrs injury list does Not look like an epic fail at all, yes we lost a counter in Vish, but what team doesn't?

I love that kids listen to everything these days, the musical landscape is utterly flat to them. Where we were so consumed by compartmentalizing it all: what belonged to our parents, what belonged to our older sisters (Yecch, I hate those guys!), what was rock, what was disco. Mods vs Rockers – honestly how stupid was that? My son has ~ 1 gazillion songs on iTunes, some of them even [ahem] paid for. Ronettes to Stevie Wonder to GNR to the Killers to sappy movie soundtracks. It's all fair game.

My theory on the resurgence of popularity around 'classic rock' with these guys is pretty simple: their radio staples might be the Black Eyed Peas but you can't grab a guitar or sit down at the piano and sing or play along with 'Boom Boom Pow'. They love it, but they also gravitate to the stuff that can be played outside of a studio.

Course that could be Just my imagination…

23. Alice says:

By 'mid-to-late twenties' I think Don was referring to the vintage of your Record Player, …er Stereo, I mean.

24. bookie says:

Don irl said You know LT, I've been reading your blog for ages now it seems and I didn't realise you were an old married guy. I always thought you were mid to late twenties for some reason

No No, he was born in the mid to late 20's, that's where you got confused!

Hell, I say OtC's and Happy Juice for everyone!

25. marconius E says:

@ Don in Real Life

A longtime reader who thought LT was in his twenties?

The man's site is absolutely rife with history, the type of history that would be virtually impossible to simply research, the type of history one needs to have lived ;)

26. hunter1909 says:

Come on guys, everyone in the know KNOWS Schremp is the future of the Edmonton Oilers.

27. bookie says:

LT talks about hockey players who were in the Hockey Hall of fame before I was born, and I have great grandchildren!

LT invented vulcanized rubber!

Seriously though, I understand DonIRL's comment and I think that its something fantastic about this blog. I am in my late 30's and here on this blog, I interact with people double my age and half my age about a sport I love. I think that this is simply FANTASTIC. It is wonderful that such sites can bridge such a gap on a daily basis in a way that seldom occurs in the 'real world'.

I think that LT needs to be commended for his ability to communicate to such a diverse audience. So here's three cheers to LT…

28. shanetrain says:

Would Pat Eaves be anything of interest? Sportsnet is saying the Bruins traded for him and promptly put him on the waiver wire?

29. Coach pb9617 says:

I think bookie's been on a week-long ludes high. That's one happy fella.

30. NBOilerFan says:

shanetrain said…

Looks like the Bruins have now made cap space for Kessel, so I think we can probably take him off the potential trade list.

31. LMHF#1 says:

Patrick O'Sullivan will have an excellent year. Too much talent to not succeed on this team, with the opportunity and with Quinn.

32. boopronger says:

If Anson Carter was last year i think you need to score yourself a point LT. Your prediction say training camp invite, so the player didnt really have to play any games right?

33. doritogrande says:

Can someone confirm that the buyout clause is for 2/3 of the salary, then halved for double the amount of seasons still on the contract?

Therefore Boston will have to shell out 0.466 for four seasons for Patrick Eaves' buyout? Original salary of 1.4M over the next two seasons by 2/3 multiplier is 0.933M divided over two seasons for every year his original contract is in tact (two years) making for 0.466?

If that's true, Boston will effectively be paying a 24 man roster for the next four years. But the more I think about it, that's still 2M savings in cap-space. Pretty shrewd move.

34. R O says:

Vic will find a script to cleanse the interest but LT will save the day at the last minute. A movie will be made and Vin Diesel will play Vic. LT will be played by Matt Damon.

Gold.

35. Master Lok says:

LT,
    I'm curious about what you think of Patrick O'Sullivan. You don't have a lot of predictions or articles about O'Sullivan. I understand that he's a shooter. Any player types that compare with O'Sullivan?

Thanks.

(bwahaha Lowetide as mid to late 20's. Come on – there's no way he's a longtime reader and not realize that LT's old enough to see the invention of baseball and when soccer and rugby was one sporting federation played with real pigskin.)

36. Traktor says:

A couple of my own predictions,

1. Cogliano scores 30 goals next year for Ottawa.

2. Smid takes a huge step and solidifies himself as a legit shutdown defender.

3. Lupul will score more goals next year than any player on our team.

4. Visnovsky will get injured again.

5. A new stat will be born that recognizes Horcoff's greatness.

6. Stortini will work his way on to the 3rd line by the end of the year.

7. Roli will get lit up on the Island and Biron will have the #1 job by Christmas.

8. Manny Malhotra will bleed goals next year.

9. Souray will have great season but will continue to get zero respect in certain corners.

10. MacTavish will to an unexpected coaching job (Mass.-Lowell River Hawks)

11. The Toronto Maple Leafs will make the playoffs.

12. Moreau will continue to take bad penalties.

13. Vic will find a script to cleanse the internet but LT will save the day at the last minute. A movie will be made and Vin Diesel will play Vic. LT will be played by Matt Damon.

14. Nigel Dawes will score 20 goals for Calgary next season.

15. David Perron will finish the season with more points than Sam Gagner.

37. Satisfied_to_Ignore says:

Only thing better than predictions is returning to see how they played out.

Great stuff LT!

I like O'Sullivan a lot and the fact that he's a shooter is a big plus. I don't like that the Oilers have so many undersized forwards and it's not going to be a good day when the Oilers send one way (they've decided on Cogliano, apparently).

O'Sullivan is in a very nice point in his career. Plenty of experience and yet young enough to improve his numbers in the right situation.

Eaves is only 25, so his buyout is only 1/3rd of the remaining salary, not 2/3rds, spread out over 4 years with about a $250K cap year per season.

If the Oilers were interested (probably not since O'Sullivan is better, and Eaves isn't a centre or physical, it would be better to offer him a one-year deal after the buyout.

//As far as this big trade goes, who's really available? If no one is being actively shopped, that means the Oilers will need to overpay to get what they're looking for, which no one wants.//

Cap challenged teams.

Patrick Sharp in Chicago, although now that Hossa will likely be on LTIR to start the season, he may not be dealt till the trade deadline.

Simon Gagner or Scott Hartnell.

Somebody on Boston.

Somebody on San Jose.

I like to see what Quinn can get out of Penner before we trade him.

//Hmm. Boston deals Ward? They need a defender imo. Gilbert for Kessel? Would you do that deal?//

Gilbert is a young all-around right hand shot defenseman signed long term to a reasonable contract.

It would be nuts to trade him.

Smid plus something maybe would work for Kessel, but I don't want Kessel. I don't see where he fits in because he can't play LW on Hemsky's line.

43. Dyckster says:

"Gilbert for Kessel? Would you do that deal?"

In a heart beat good sir.

BTW anyone, how do you get the quote from another poster italicized? Sorry, I'm a newby.

44. bookie says:

Type the following, but remove the spaces between the < i >

< i >this would be italisized if not for the spaces < /i >

bold uses < b >

links are < a href="putlinkhere"> put text here < /a >

45. geowal says:

… I'm going to say it was an epic fail prediction

I don't know LT, all in all I considered this to be a fairly healthy season. Maybe my standards are warped from previous years of continuous injuries, but I thought we were allright.

Vish definitely hurt though…

46. oilerdago says:

LT: Tempting – Gilbert for Kessel. Problem is Kessel is another small forward (5' 11").

Don't know that I'd do that in the end because Gilbert's on a good contract and I think is part of the core of this team (Hemsky,
    Gagner, Gilbert, Grebs, Cogs).

47. NBOilerFan says:

Lowetide said…
    Gilbert for Kessel? Would you do that deal?

Interesting, but I dunno.

It appears Boston would have to dump a bit more salary to fit under the cap, based on capgeek.

Also, We'd better be moving one or two of Nilsson, O'Sullivan and Cogliano for a bigger body up front. Kessel had a whopping 6 hits last year in 70 games. Yes, six.

48. NBOilerFan says:

Any chance Boston takes Smid & Nilsson for Kessel?

49. Dyckster says:

< i >this would be italisized if not for the spaces < /i >

Thanks bookie!

50. Ribs says:

6 Hits in 70 games. Wow. Robbie Schremp made half of that in 3.

51. Ribs says:

whoops…Schremp played 4.

52. Coach pb9617 says:

Cogliano for Kessel?

Yes. Done and done.

53. Coach pb9617 says:

Hunter, I'll not quote you because it shouldn't be repeated, but given the amazing talent that the man possesses combined with his high level of productivity and sustain, yes, I'm comfortable with a Bowie comp.

In fact, I'd be thrilled if this team could run off a decade of Bowie-like dominance.

54. Dyckster says:

Cogliano for Kessel?

Yes. Done and done.

How come Cogs instead of Gilbert? I'm not questioning your thoughts, just curious why is all.

55. gogliano says:

David Bowie exemplifies the versatility and openness to cross-dressing this team needs.

David Bowie, you freaky old bastard.

56. Doogie2K says:

Also: Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Those games are full of excellent classic rock pieces that are also fun to play.

(For the record, I fully intend to get The Beatles: Rock Band for my 23rd birthday this September. Every time I watch the gameplay footage, I get irrationally happy inside.)

Course that could be Just my imagination…

Runnin' away with me…

57. Coach pb9617 says:

You can, however, grab a guitar and play along with John Lee Hooker's 'Boom Boom Boom'

Get the four million dollar 30 goal scoring wing for the guy that everyone wants to become the four million dollar goal scoring wing.

58. DanMan says:

Damn LT, by my calculations you had 4.5 right. Thats damn good for how specific some of these are.

Do you run a 1-900 number too?

Any lotto #'s for this weekend?

59. Peter says:

Small forwards

Seems like that's all we talk about these days. Carolina seemed to do alright with Whitney, Samsonov, Jokinen, and Larose in the top 9. Buffalo sure did well with Briere, Roy, Drury, Dumont, and Connolly (plays small) back in '06. Is the problem that our skill players are too small? Or is it that they aren't skilled enough? I don't think anyone would be talking about this if Nilsson, Cogliano, Gagner, O'Sullivan each put up 25+ goals and 60+ points, which all of them are more than capable, though probably not on the same team in the same season. Sure, anyone would love to have Ryan Getzlaf, Jeff Carter, Eric Staal – big forwards with size, speed, and of course, skill. Thing is, they don't grow on trees.

I don't think the problem with our quartet of young fellas is their size, nor do I think it's a lack of skill. I think it was the fact that some very young players were all playing together, coupled with the fact that they didn't get much ice time. It's understandable that they didn't get the ice, because they were too much of a liability defensively. You can't expect them to put up lots of offence though when they play 13:50 a night and get 40 seconds on the #2 PP.

We've spoiled our young players by bringing them up too fast. Since they can't be trusted defensively, and don't produce quite enough offensively, they sit. Gagner and Cogliano weren't quite ready for the NHL in '07 and would have been better served by a year in junior/the AHL. Smid wasn't ready in '06, but we didn't have our own farm team that year. Cogliano and Gagner will still become really good players, but it's rare that a player makes an impact in the NHL before age 20, particularly when they're pint-sized. Outside of #1 picks like Kane and Crosby, you need to have size like Toews, Lucic, Staal, etc to handle the NHL under 20. Even Stamkos, a #1 overall pick, struggled for the first 50 or so games last year.

I hope that Eberle doesn't get a sniff of the NHL until he's played nearly a full year in the AHL, if not more. He's listed at 5'10, 175, and he isn't considered fast for his size. He has all the makings of a 30+ goal scorer, but only if we give him time to develop properly.

60. Councilman Les Winan says:

Edmonton makes that deal with a team they've done business with in the past.

Please let it be Philly, please let it be Philly…

It's kinda silly how excited I get reading that, even though it's just a gut feel prediction from LT. Although, I can't even imagine how upset I would be were it to be Briere instead of Gagne…

61. Ribs says:

Peter – I think the idea currently is that while you're waiting for the small young guys to adapt you have to have some size elsewhere in the lineup to make up for their er…shortcomings. That's probably why you hear all of the small forwards talk. There's no doubt that it will die down a bit once the youngin's start putting up better point totals.

I think 13:50 a night is a good chunk of time in an NHL game to be on the ice and good players should be able to produce with those minutes. It's just a matter of time (hopefully) before the kids really start to push for more minutes.

62. striatic says:

"changing it to another colour with some better contrast with white would be much appreciated."

you can actually leave it white or yellow, so long as you set the colour in the css stylesheet instead of inline within the "span" tag.

ie. not:

<span style="color: #ffffff;">text</span>

but:

<span class="white_text">text</span>

and:

.white_text {color: #ffffff;}

..in the stylesheet.

this would make things look much better in feed readers.

63. spOILer says:

LT, if that was the original album cover, I hope to god you still have it and it is stored in a very safe place.

That puppy's gotta be worth as much as a Gretzky rookie card.

Later versions did not have the genitalia displayed, and judging by your Dad's reaction, I'm assuming your did.

spOILer: Yes, you are correct on the album cover. Long gone, though.

striatic: If you only knew how much I wish there was any part of your post I understood. You lost me at "yellow."

65. Doogie2K says:

@LT: I don't know how Blogger works (SNN moved to WordPress recently), but basically he doesn't like the way Blogger renders changes in text formatting, because they fuck up feed readers. I also understand the solution, though damned if I know how to implement that in Blogger.

66. NBOilerFan says:

Bowie's China Girl is the best album, for the sole reason Stevie Ray Vaughan lent his magic to it. :D

To be honest, I'm not a big Bowie fan but I do have a soft spot for him because he was a starting spot for Stevie and gave him some big exposure with it.

Stevie was destined for greatness regardless, but that certainly opened some doors and help speed things along.

67. scoregasm says:

I say we a sign 3C (Malhotra…) to a 1yr deal and deal 2 big contracts (Penner, Souray, Lubo …) with little or no salary coming back, as next year with the cap coming down it's gonna be impossible. Worst case scenario we get a lottery pick in next years draft.

Then next summer, go after Kovalchuk with a 12-14 year contact in $80-90 million range. Hemsky and Kovalchuk, sick.

68. Spot The Loon says:

I see so much talk about Poo. I watch my fair share of Oiler games but, I have to admit, I don't see what others see in him. There is the occasional flash of something but I don't really see what he contributes overall to the team.

Maybe I am being harsh. Can any of you please tell me what value Poo adds to this team? Apparently, I don't see.

69. Coach pb9617 says:

Bruins on the verge of signing Derek Morris…

70. Dennis says:

I"m still not ready to look ahead to this season but I would love to hear the whole story about the album cover.