Tambellini Interview

A note of thanks to oilerdiehard who posted below about a Steve Tambellini interview that is on the front page of the team’s website tonight.

Tambellini’s last face to face media conference took place in a NASCAR wind tunnel and his most recent phone conference featured the most chaotic bundle of cross-feeds, wild-feeds and subterfuge since World War Two.

This time the GM decided to do a one-on-one with Dan Tencer and seemed far less huffy than last time when a Nikolai Khabibulin question seems to have sent him into a tizzy.

I didn’t transcribe it verbatim, but did try to get the spirit of the thing. Apologies for any errors that change the overall point being made. Among the items of importance:

• Gilbert Brule: “He comes in with a chance to make the hockey club. Pat knows his play, when he played well for the Vancouver Giants. It’s a big year for Gilbert, he’s shown glimpses–he can score, he plays with a little bit of an edge–but he needs to show that he can be a consistent player to make the hockey team. I wasn’t displeased with his AHL season, but I think he could have been a lot better. I thought he played better when he came up to the NHL team.”
  • Center overall: “We’ve got a lot of people who can play center, with Horcoff, Gagner, Cogliano and Brule. Patrick O’Sullivan who centered the top line at the World Championships for Team USA reminded us how well he played center. There’s options there, it’ll be interesting to see how Pat formulates this lineup and changes it around a little bit. People have been talking about how good Brule could be, Jacques could be, Pouliot never had a chance, well they’re going to get a chance and let’s see what they can do. I think Cogliano’s speed is NHL elite, he has struggled as far as his faceoff ability and Pouliot gives you a little extra size and the right handed draw also, and O’Sullivan can make the nifty pass and can shoot. He plays very well there (center).”
  • Ladislav Smid: “He did step up (last season). People underestimate how big he is, he’s 6.03 close to 230 pounds and he plays hard. He’s a Euro defenseman who plays like a North American kid. I like that fact. The defense is the strength of our hockey club, and as Laddy gets better he forces you either to play him or to find a way to make sure he is playing more minutes, either through player movement or just making sure that as Pat said people who play well will earn their ice time.”
  • On the blue: “That’s the strength of our hockey club. You can argue some areas of the hockey club, but that’s the strength of our hockey club.”
  • On the AHL and Player Development: “To me, there’s no rush in bringing a player to the NHL. They’ll show you when they’re ready. The AHL is a tough hockey league, if you can’t be a dominant player there it’s hard to be a good player in the NHL.”
  • Eberle: “I need him to feel like he’s physically able to handle NHL men pushing and playing hard against him every night. I’m in no rush with him, but if a player is ready to play it forces you to find a way.”
  • Ryan Stone: “He’s a competitive game, success at the AHL level. The thing holding him back is leg strength, first step quickness. He’s smart and a character kid.”
  • Rob Schremp: “He’s coming in with a new coaching staff and a clean slate. Tom is aware of his skill set and Pat has told everyone there’s no pre-determined opinion. I’ll let the coaches determine where he’s at, but it’s probably nice for a player in his spot to have a new set of eyes on him.”

Among the things I take away are a feeling that O’Sullivan might end up playing center and could be on any of the top 3 lines based on what they seem to be thinking. It seems more wide open for everyone based on this interview but I don’t think we should let our imaginations run too wild here: the veterans will play.

I like Tambellini. He’s not too smooth, seems to genuinely believe that keeping kids down on the farm until they’re ready is a better way and also sounds like a guy who’ll look for options when the coaching staff identifies a hole. What does it all mean?

A trade is coming. And right soon. Center incoming.

66 Responses to "Tambellini Interview"

1. Hockey Noob says:

Sorry to thread jack–but as per your last thread, good of you to note that the glass is, in fact, half full. Many Oilers fans have been frustrated by Heatley gate and perhaps more importantly the lack of roster holes being filled, but things could be much worse. We're fortunate to have an owner who's willing to spend to the cap as you noted.

2. Bar Qu says:

I am starting to get the sense that Tambellini is a much better GM than most have realised. All the agonising and hand-wringing that has been going on for the last month may be resolved more neatly and with less 'activity' than any of us anticipated.

POS to centre, a deft D trade to free cap space and letting the team roll to the trade deadline(?).

3. Coach pb9617 says:

Patrick O'Sullivan who centered the top line at the World Championships for Team USA reminded us how well he played center.

Sample siiiiiiiiiiiiiiize…

4. doritogrande says:

So we add O'Sullivan to the Ccnter options, and you think they still want to add another center?

Madness.

HORPENSKY
    Kid line
    Moreau-O'Sullivan-Pisani
    Brule-Pouliot-Stortini
    Jacques-MacIntyre

I'd take that opening day. Don't stir the pot too much until the new coaches can put their stamp on them.

5. Gerta Rauss says:

POS at center would explain why they haven't made any moves to acquire the 3C all of us have been asking for.

Not sure where they plan to fit another forward if they trade a D man,we've still got a lot of bodies up front.

6. Ribs says:

Rollin' to trade deadline. The Oilers mantra it seems.

Colour me unimpressed with Tambellinis work so far. A trade/signing should be incoming…but it isn't. We did the wait and see thing last season and we waited for and saw another playoffless mess.

I'd like to believe changing the coaches and nothing else is going to do the trick here, but I have some serious doubts. The only chance we have is in Tambellini recognising the problems and correcting them (or at least try to correct them) quicker than he did last season.
    With Lowe over his shoulders, I wouldn't bet on it.

7. bookie says:

8. doritogrande says:

Cue Liam Reddox appearance in 4….3….2….

9. Traktor says:

Brodziak took the 2nd most defensive draws on the team last year and he hasn't been replaced – seems pretty clear that Horcoff will have all the defensive duties he had last year and possibly more.

If Horcoff is going to be taking a million defensive draws then I don't see the logic in playing him with our best offensive winger, who coincidentally has no clue what he's doing in the defensive zone (posting a positive GFON/GAON doesn't mean you know what you're doing in your own end).

Horcoff – Pisani is a must.

10. gogliano says:

I like the Horcoff-Pisani idea. But if POS goes center, that leaves Moreau (not good enough anymore) or Penner (not a good role) for LW. I suppose Cogs is also possible, but he just isn't very good defensively.

And if POS centers Penner or Cogliano and Hemsky is that a feasible primary "soft minutes" line?

I think we still need a ES/PK player who can get the puck going the right way. Drop SMac and get a player who can play alongside Horc/Pisani via trade, I say.

11. gogliano says:

I suppose the obvious caveat to the above is we just don't know how healthy Pisani is at this point; if he isn't, this team is in trouble.

12. 99thoilerfan says:

Did I hear trade?

I still have high hopes,that a
    trade will move some bodies out,
    and will bring fresh air into
    the locker room.

Play for Quinn? Sure..
    Play in Edmonton? Er..ah..

13. NBOilerFan says:

99thoilerfan said…
    Did I hear trade?

I still have high hopes,that a
    trade will move some bodies out,
    and will bring fresh air into
    the locker room.

I hear Heatley is still available.

:D

14. NBOilerFan says:

I have a new co-worker and I went into his office yesterday to introduce myself, and what do I see?

… a Flames poster on his wall. I can just tell he and I are going to hit it off well.

:D

15. doritogrande says:

I think we still need a ES/PK player who can get the puck going the right way.

Rob Neidermayer won a cup playing this role, and he's still available as a UFA. I like him.

16. Dennis says:

I find it odd that 78 doesn't get an initial shout-out in the mention of pivot depth but later on Tambo references him being a RH draw man.

Finally, what's 19's career faceoff pct been and have many reps has he had therein?

He's got a history of playing tough opp, right?

17. hunter1909 says:

They should have sorted out the abysmal coaching last Christmas, but no, they just had to waste half a season while MacT played Nero.

Now we get to see the same team as the past three seasons, with a new coach, and very little by way of major improvements.

So, Tambellini's Oilers enter their second season, with so little work being done to them that for all we know another "lost" season awaits us all. Of course Oiler fans won't stand for a rebuild, lol, or so says the vibe – so no Tavares, no Hedman for us. Instead, we get to watch them spinning thier wheels endlessly, mediocre results, and business as usual.

18. Jonathan Willis says:

A key point in all of this: Quinn doesn't really believe in line matching.

Two possible side effects:

1. He won't give enough shelter to a "Kid Line" like MacT did. MAybe the kids have come along enough that they don't need it, but that's pretty iffy.

2. He won't hard-match on the checking, meaning that Horcoff-Pisani (as much as I like the idea) need to be split up to distribute the competent two-way players.

19. Big Dan says:

I will take a bow for tooting the "O'Sullivan as the #1C" horn when everybody was saying he was a winger. He is a shooter and I think he and Hemsky will gel.

I also think Pouliot will play with Brule on the 4th line. Brule can play all three positions so no worries there. I honestly don't foresee all these moves everybody has been calling for. Maybe we can get a Hartnell or Sharp on the cheap with our cap room- we'll see?

Jacques and Stortini will battle it out for the #12F, with MacIntyre playing in the games that call for a psycho fighter. I foresee MacIntyre going up-and-down to the AHL when Stone or Potulny's play warrants a callup.

(I also think Tambo would be ok with losing MacIntyre on waivers. He has two guys who can fight AND actually play.)

20. Black Dog says:

Hunter – whatever happened to the high hopes for the new Quinn era?

The meds have either worn off or kicked in.

;)

Still beating that trade drum LT?

One day you'll be right I guess. ;)

The problem with using O'Sullivan in that role is once again its square peg in round hole. He'll be playing with Moreau and Pisani in a role that does not fit him – tough minutes centre? Come on.

And his production will suck and his confidence will wither and we'll trade him for ten cents on the dollar. And then we'll wonder what the hell went wrong when he scores 25 somewhere else.

Just like playing Cole with Moreau and Brodziak and out of position and then wondering why he's not producing.

Not too fucking smart.

21. Black Dog says:

The organization I mean.

22. NBOilerFan says:

I would like to hear you elaborate LT on why you think that a trade is coming soon and especially ar center.

Tambellini made it clear that defense is this teams strong point and I don't think they want to weaken it, at least not right away, by trading a defensemen. Unless of course they replace him with another d-man.

I get the feeling that we have our training camp roster set and very likely the roster to start teh season and Tambellini will let teh coaches figure out what they have and see if there is any glaring weaknesses. Such as the 3C spot if all of Pouliot, Brule, Cogliano and O'Sullivan can't cover it.

And I am very happy with that game plan as well. Providing Tambellini shows he is not Lowe and WILL make a early or mid-season trade to fill a need if and when its rears its ugle head.

23. HBomb says:

Pretty lousy stuff on Matheson's part (he's not as bad as that hack Terry Jones, but he's not as good as he once was) – you make that trade (Stoll/Greene for Visnovsky) every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Replacing Stoll and Greene in the lineup shouldn't be as difficult as the Oilers have made it out to be over the past year. No way. In fact, if you could ditch the dead weight salaries at the end of the roster (Moreau, Staios, and, to a lesser extent, Nilsson), you'd have the cap space to do so.

24. Sean says:

Lowetide beating the trade drum on a Friday is a good call. It seems to be the only day they announce anything…

25. pboy says:

I think if POS is going to play center on this team he won't be matched with Moreau and Pisani but instead with Hemmer and Penner. POS is a shooter and a guy thinks offense first and might be a nice fit with Hemsky who loves to pass. Horcoff can play on any line on this team and he might play with Pisani and Moreau on a tough minutes line if Quinn decides to line match.

26. Dennis says:

LT is Charlie Brown and a "big trade" is the football and Kevin Lowe's always ready to yank it away at the last second:)

27. Jonathan Willis says:

You make that trade (Stoll/Greene for Visnovsky) every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Damn it, HBomb! I've got an entry ready to go on Matheson's article, and I used that exact line.

Now I have to change it ;)

28. HBomb says:

For the last time – Pisani and Horcoff together on a tough minutes line is a good idea, but putting Moreau as the LW on said line is an bad idea.

At this point in his career, he should be a fourth liner and nothing more. I cannot stress this point and how much I believe in it enough.

I still am stumping for the O'Sullivan-Horcoff-Pisani combination as the primary toughs line, with Penner-Gagner-Hemsky getting secondary toughs. Nilsson-Pouliot-Cogliano getting sheltered minutes, and Moreau-Brule-Stortini/Jacques as the crash 'n bang 4th line.

29. HBomb says:

JW – still use it, just quote me or something like that. I could use an ego boost!

30. Smarmy Boss says:

You make that trade, but somebody forgot to tell Lowe that you need replacements for what you move. (Either internally, FA market, or another trade)

31. mrzael says:

You make that trade and address the hole(s). We looked to be heading in the right direction, playoffs, before Visnovsky went down. However, I think where getting lubo inadvertly hurt us is we were essentially out of the unforseen Bouwmeester sweepstakes.

32. R-Gib says:

Has anyone seen this THN article on the Oilers yet?

What a piece of garbage. He actually says that this team "lacks a game breaker" and would have one "if Ales Hemsky learned to shoot the puck"! I'm speechless.

33. Black Gold says:

O'Sullivan-Horcoff-Pisani
    Penner-Gagner-Hemsky
    Nilsson-Pouliot-Cogliano
    Moreau-Brule-Stortini/Jacques

I thoroughly agree with you on Moreau. which is why he should be cleared off the books one way or another. 4th liners making $2m hurt your team. So do bottom pairing D making $2.7m.

Moreau, Staios and Nilsson to Springfield, make your 4th line some combination of Jacques, Brule, Stone, Potulny and Stortini (SMac when u need him). Either Peckham or one of the bottom pairing FA's to replace Staios. And you got your cap space to bring in Tanguay.

(Jacques-Stone-Stortini is the kind of line Quinn and I like at the ugly end of the roster.)

One can dream can't he?

34. Oilmaniac says:

bookie said…
    "To be quite honest, the fact that Smid or JDD are not being considered for a role at Centre means that this team is leaps and bounds above what was going on last year."

Hahahaha…

So LT, where was the indicator that a trade is on the way?.. Im with Ribs on this one.. The current situ looks alot like the 'standing-pat' we've seen before, no help coming even tho we seem to expect it…

The whole thing about finding smid minutes I think was a sound bite to express the newly-required emphasis that smid, was and has been, trying to impress upon management.. if he wont get the minutes here he wants to be shipped out… tambs is simply reflecting that he hears him loud n clear, imo…

35. Coach pb9617 says:

36. Coach pb9617 says:

I like how you pluralize that. Because there are only two.

37. Coach pb9617 says:

Here we sit, the night before the deadline in the Dany Heatley sweepstakes and it sounds like the Minnesota Wild have tabled an offer that will be tough for Murray to turn down. While the proposed deal does not include stud defenceman Brent Bruns, it does apparently include Mikko Koivu, Nick Schultz and Tyler Cuma. Rumours are there would be other pieces involved both on Ottawa's end as well as Minnesota's. Sounds like the swap could include a salary dump on Ottawa's end and potentially Colton Gillies coming back from Minnesota. By all indications there is a very solid offer coming from Minnesota although Ottawa is trying to see if they can include Martin Havlat in the package. Even if the Wild decide not to include Havlat, they will still have a very legitimate offer on the table for Heatley.

Sens Chirp

Koivu and Schultz? Yowza.

38. Smytty777 says:

Frankly, if the Oilers roll into the season with the current line-up I am fine with it. I would prefer they ditch Staios' contract and pick up a cheaper replacement with some ability on the PK (or they could sign Rob Niedermeyer on the cheap to replace Moreau), but I don't think either is going to happen.

They were well positioned for a playoff spot until absolutely self-destructing down the stretch.

39. Coach pb9617 says:

From the same entry:

"The Buffalo offer remains the best tabled offer but word is it has already been turned down by the Heatley camp. Like Edmonton, Buffalo has presented an offer that Murray likes but that Heatley's camp does not."

The Oilers don't walk alone!

40. Oilmaniac says:

Coach:
    "JW – if Quinn decides to forego line matching – Horcoff is going to be an all-star."

C'mon now.. feet on the ground..
    Hemmer tho, may just be ready for his first apperance as the oilers 'token' all-star… (sorry, forgot about Souray.. he was for real)

41. quain says:

Jesus, Koivu is on the table for Heatley? I hope they take that deal and send away their best player in exchange for a guy who isn't going to score 50 goals being centered by whatever is left of their depth chart down the middle.

42. Racki says:

LT: I've got to ask, what makes you think a trade for a center is coming? I mean, we all feel there SHOULD be another centerman brought in, such as Betts or Malhotra, but everything Tambellini says seems to make me think he is not in agreement. Apparently Bob Stauffer has a hunch too though that a trade is in the works.

43. Steve says:

As I said several threads ago, whenever Lowetide talks about how there's going to be a trade or the Oilers are going to address their glaring weakness at centre, I picture him rocking back and forth curled up with his arms around his knees, repeating it to himself. Lowetide's an optimist, and we all love him for it.

As for Heatley turning down Buffalo…I know it's not exactly new or creative to gawk at professional athletes' sense of entitlement, but I have to wonder what planet the guy is living on, where he believes that he's morally entitled to demand that the other party to a contract make accommodations for the fact that he doesn't like how it's working out, and yet still use his leverage in it to repeatedly stand in the way of their attempts to make such accommodations. I sort of hope he winds up in Minnesota just to he has to visit Edmonton's loud and spiteful fans three times a year.

44. Oilmaniac says:

"just (so) he has to visit Edmonton's loud and spiteful fans three times a year"

This is beginning to morph from a 'special-bond' to trend to general characterization of oiler fans… heres to hoping that it doesnt have to be this way…

45. Scott says:

That Koivu deal would be crazy, the guy is Horcoff at 3.5MM with an improved shot to boot.

If Koivu is really on the table, I wish we had something to offer there. Horcoff-Koivu is a pennant worthy center duo.

46. kris says:

" but I have to wonder what planet the guy is living on, where he believes that he's morally entitled to demand that the other party to a contract make accommodations for the fact that he doesn't like how it's working out, and yet still use his leverage in it to repeatedly stand in the way of their attempts to make such accommodations. "

But Steve, that's literally what his contract says he can do: refuse trades. Of course, he has no contractual right to demand a trade, but the other side is allowing him to do that.

47. Alice says:

Umm, Kris, that's the whole point: he wants 'out' of his contracted committment (I don't want to play in Ottawa anymore), but he won't let Ottawa out of their committment to his NTC (I get to veto your trading partner). Hard to see this as being a reasonable stand. Sorry.

48. Oilmaniac says:

I was talking to a buddy last night about the elite soccer/football leagues.. I done know too much about them, being that im so hockey-centric, but it was explained that player transactions/trades are done in a manner similar to that of how the heatley situ has played out…

If a player wants to leave, makes it clear to club, movement ensues.. Player has 'some' control over the destination (although im not to clear on that point).. typically trades have more to do with dollar amounts than any other factor.. trades usually occur as one-for-one (although this is a dissimilarity)

This is just a rough comparision, i dont have much grasp on the business of that sport, but envision it as a league further evolved than the nhl… players/personnel have respected clout and owners/managers still hold the signing power.. perhaps we are being a bit 'old-fashioned' to be looking at this prima dona with so much scorn…

Why would heatly want to go to a non-playoff team (just so it would take the oil out of the western conference basement?!).. No.. thats why San Jose rumours wouldnt go away – its a club thats shown its close to winning, yet wasnt 'there' yet and promised to make 'big' changes… when only considering those factors, its a win-win deal-done.. only the cap stands in the way of that deal, imo…

anyways, sorry for the length

49. Steve says:

Basically what Alice said. It's why I said "moral right"; the Senators have a legal right to enforce the contract or collect damages. He's asking (well, demanding, really) that they refrain from exercising that right, but is not willing to relinquish the legal rights he has that makes it much more difficult to comply with their request. He's a dick.

50. Steve says:

Er, that should read "…much more difficult for them to comply with his request."

51. oilerdiehard says:

Big Dan said…

Well one could hope they will gel.

But if you watch O'Sullivan play much. It seems to me he is not much for just finding holes for one timers like Hemsky likes. Sully loves to carry the puck in the zone and shoot it in full flight off the rush. Both he and Hemsky seem to prefer to carry the puck into the O zone and make the play.

I am not sure they are going to mesh very well. I hope so but have some doubts. Hemsky as great as he is not always the most adaptable to others styles.

I kind of got the feeling they might be thinking of Sully at C on the 3rd line.

52. mc79hockey says:

As a practical matter, regardless of what the contract says, Heatley has a veto over the trade. You think that there's a team in the NHL that would trade for him without knowing he'd be happy?

I don't see why he owes it to the Sens to go somewhere he doesn't want to be. He has his problems with Ottawa, maybe he sees similar issues elsewhere…why go from one scene you don't like to another?

53. kris says:

1. Actually, I think he has the right to ask for a trade, morally and legally, just like any player. He just doesn't have the right to be traded. Big difference.

2. As a result of his NTC, he does have the right to veto trades.

So, really Heatley is well within his rights, both legally and morally to demand a trade and veto trades he doesn't want.

The Sens shouldn't complain. They signed the NTC and they're accomodating his trade request. They didn't have to do either.

I do agree Heatley is being a dick, but that doesn't mean he is doing anything outside of what he has the legal and moral right to do.

54. mc79hockey says:

Agreed kris – the Sens' remedy is either to say "Nope, we're not trading you – play here or nowhere" or to sue him for damages.

Cosh made the point in a discussion with me that a contract with a player isn't a promise that he'll play for you. What it really is is a promise that he won't play for anyone else unless you let him.

55. kris says:

And, just be picky, Heatley isn't being asked to be let out of his contractual commitment. (That used to happen in the olden days when players would hold out to have their contract renegotiated.)

His contract will still hold -his contract says that he gets paid, and in exchange he plays hockey- he just won't play in Ottawa.

Not sure, why I'm arguing this, because I agree in principle that Heatley's being a jerk. I just want to distinguish being a jerk from not having the right to do such and such.

I'll shut up now.

56. kris says:

Oops, MC beat me to the point.

It would be interesting to see what would or could happen if Heatley played for the Sens but played half-assedly.

In that case Tyler, would the Sens have legal recourse to sue for unenthused play? Or does Heatley just have to show up to the rink (and pass physicals I suppose) to collect his checks.

57. hunter1909 says:

Black Dog: The high hopes are short term, being able to see players used like real hockey players are supposed to be, instead of MacT's abysmally dull up and down the wings checking bullshit we've all been forced to endure since the last millenium.

I'm of the opinion Quinn will get the team into the playoffs. The problem is, they're going to get bounced sooner than later(not enough talent), which basically takes the team back to around the time of that that last Stars playoff series.

I'm fast getting tired of Tambellini's no action/big talk/no action – he's been GM for well over a year now, but the way MacT was allowed to screw the pooch and not only drive most fans crazy instead of being sacked last Christmas tells me that mad Kevin still casts a very dark shadow over the day to day running of this mess.

58. hunter1909 says:

Oilmaniac: I'm a follower of the English Premier League(the world's richest hands down), and believe me when I say the last thing any sane hockey fan wants is to see what's happened in England happen to their league.

It's simply a matter of which owner wants to pay the most money for players, screw economics. No salary cap either. There are around four super teams that can simply buy their way into contention year after year after year, with the rest of the league literally fighting for 5th and worse.

Think Toronto, New York Rangers, Detroit and Philadelphia permanently winning the Stanley Cup/Presidents Trophy between themselves, and you will understand how 21st century soccer operates.

59. Hockey Noob says:

Big Dan said…

Hm, I am a skeptic by nature to be honest. Right now, I see O'Sullivan as a guy who could be 50% on the dot–if he were taking draws against Cogliano… He's 38% and change on the dot last season which combined with his shooting % is yet to convince me that this will be a valid option.

60. gary b says:

Number One: Penner-O'Sullivan-Hemsky
    Heavy lifting: Cogliano-Horcoff-Pisani
    Soft Parade: Nilsson(?)-Gagner-XXXX
    Bash'n'Crash: Moreau-Brule-Zorg/JFJ

'course, one D-man out for a decent forward throws this out of whack. but i'd love to see Cogs on a line with Pisani and Horc. kind of a learn-on-the-job thing.

i hate to say it, but i think #78 is in awfully tough, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him passed by someone in camp, or jettisoned because of a trade.

61. Alice says:

I too like Gary's idea of pos and penner together instead of battling for the same lw position
    Patrick lets them at the net and buddy is parked there as screen and collect rebounds. It would seem to be worth a go in terms of complEmentary playing styles

62. Oilmaniac says:

not a big fan of this line tho…
    "Heavy lifting: Cogliano-Horcoff-Pisani"

63. Smarmy Boss says:

Colton Gillies going to the Sens should increase the value of my Gillies hockey cards. :smug:

64. geowal says:

I quite liked the emphasis that everyone will have a clean slate.
    With all the silliness of last year, that may motivate some players to bring an improvement to their game.
    The vets will play, but some will play more than others…