Oilers at Flames, PS G1/09-10

Oilers play their first pre-season games tonight in Hades. The Devil has some nice things this season but i think both Alberta teams are about to have seasons that are a lot about their goaltending. The game is being streamed online at oilers.com tonight.

Devan Dubnyk gets to throw the first pitch tonight and it is the beginning of a very important 10 months for him. Edmonton can only protect one of DD or JDD next year so one of the young goalies will need to clear waivers one year from now.

In interviews Dubnyk sounds very confident and the fact he’s getting the first start in pre-season is at the very least interesting.

Flames are playing a pedestrian lineup with a few low level veterans tonight, I imagine the Oilers will send 5 NHL forwards and 3 NHL defenseman down Highway 2. I don’t have ther lineups, but will post later (or you can in the comments section).

A ton of Oiler stuff on the Al Gore today, check it out at HF boards where they have one entire thread devoted to it or google “Edmonton Oilers” and pull up a chair. I love this time of year.

219 Responses to "Oilers at Flames, PS G1/09-10"

« Older Comments
  1. SK Oiler Fan says:

Horc must have went back to Mexico for new sticks this summer.

2. Doogie2K says:

And now is the time in which we play The Beatles: Rock Band. Good night all.

I think he has changed sticks btw.

4. bookie says:

I'm thinking that it go down Jasper ave and then swing back down 103rd street. Or, it could run on the south side of the river down white ave, but downtown is much bigger, so I think its better.

5. SK Oiler Fan says:

and the 3 stars caps the insane homerism off.

The Oilers aren't going to take power play time away from Hemsky to give it to Schremp. And that is Schremp's problem.

7. flamingpavelbure says:

Classy Move by incognito Prust,Dawes,Keetley and especially Irving. While some fans had hands down to give some high fives to the guys, bandwagon of douches passed by like nothing, then incognito started taping and the others followed. Might seem like nothing, but it's things you remember for a while when you don't have the chance to go there often.

8. boopronger says:

Just caught the third but i thought Chorney looked really good. made a nice couple of plays on the PP and his backcheck was perfect. Stick checks the guy then plasters him into the boards. Beauty.

Like LT, I think Gilbert is underrated.

9. Showerhead says:

Had the feed on in the background tonight… and still do. Is anyone else listening to the audio? Someone seems to have forgotten a mute button in studio and it's occasionally pretty amusing.

10. SK Oiler Fan says:

Yep. Praying somebody says something they shouldn't.

11. SK Oiler Fan says:

Dangit!

12. doritogrande says:

Thanks for the updates everyone. Really appreciated the scoring lines LT.

Icecastles (and Showerhead), I don't have tickets for the game in WPG, but would seriously consider it if you guys are going. As an aside, Showerhead, are you in my Environmental and Natural Resources Policy and Law class? Swear I saw you there Monday.

13. Icecastles says:

Had the game on the radio in the background as my girlfriend was over. Gilbert scored at the same time I did. It was poetic. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Dorito: I have tickets in the lower bowl. Buy tickets.

14. doritogrande says:

A girlfriend who'll put out with hockey in the background?

Marry that woman.

I'll try and find a dance partner tomorrow to check out the game with me. Went with my dad last time, so that option's always there.

15. Icecastles says:

A girlfriend who'll put out with hockey in the background? Marry that woman.

She walked into my place and put on my spare Oilers jersey. Definetely a keeper. :)

16. Mustafa Hirji says:

Was at the game tonight—in the last few minutes, there was a sequence with the Oilers on the attack during which Flames fans around me began trash talking Comrie when he had the puck. About a minute later when he got the puck, about half the arena booed him.

What did he do to piss of Calgary fans?

17. spOILer says:

Mustafa, were you sitting in a lower row in sec 205?

18. DBO says:

Any word on the lines tomorrow night? Going to the game in our new season tickets (9th row in the corners), and i assume Eberle will be in the lineup as well as Hemsky and khabibulin. I assume souray and grebeshkov and Smid. Hopefully the hockey jesus gets to play tomorrow so he can audition for the isles and the waiver wire.

19. Mustafa Hirji says:

No, I was sitting in section 213.

« Older Comments