Cornell Season Begins, Nash 2A

Prospect Riley Nash posted 2 assists in the season opener for the Cornell Big Red tonight. Cornell’s 3-2 victory over Niagra included 2 powerplay markers (both of Nash’s assists came with the man advantage).

Quoting the Cornell website:

Cornell evened the score seven minutes later as Greening scored his first goal of the year, a power-play tally from the stick of Riley Nash. Nash’s lateral pass found Greening in stride as he rang his shot high past Avramenko to knot the score at one at the end of one period.

In the second, Cornell again capitalized on the power play when Riley Nash sent the puck around the end boards to Gallagher on the side wall. Gallagher sent a pass across the ice to Kennedy, who ripped a shot with Greening providing a screen in front. The puck slipped between the arm and body of Avramenko, giving Cornell a 2-1 lead just 1:53 into the period.

Nash had 4 shots and was even on the night. I can’t find his faceoff numbers.

10 Responses to "Cornell Season Begins, Nash 2A"

1. spOILer says:

Nash Bridges
    Magnum PS
    Crossing Jordan

I feel confident every crime will be solved.

And I have no idea what Crossing Jordan is even about.

There was a cool Chopper in Magnum tho'.

Nice start, Riley. Lookin like a 10 at times.

2. Doogie2K says:

And I have no idea what Crossing Jordan is even about.

It was about Jill Hennessy being a hot coroner lady and fighting crime with the guy from Sliders.

3. raventalon40 says:

Oilers should acquire Colin Greening from Ottawa to play on the farm in Springfield when Nash turns pro.

4. Schitzo says:

Man, every year there's the token story about Cornell not playing enough hockey in a season. And yet I'm still surprised when they don't start until a month after everyone else.

5. logical thinking says:

I have not seen of Nash's play, so I am not qualified to make any judgement.

My concern is to why the Oilers drafted him. Normally a player is draftted in the first round for a reason. Tall, fast, skilled, etc

From all the scouting on him, I get the idea that he is a good player but not great.

Nash will probably end up getting his cup of tea in the NHL before he finishes off his ahl/Europe career.

logical thinking: Nash was drafted because he had size, speed and a wide range of skills. This player-type is actually a better bet for the NHL.

7. EB says:

Nash looked good last night. Based on the exhibitions and opener, Nash seems stronger than he was last year. Nash and Greening will be on the PP together but they'll play on different forward lines unless Cornell falls behind late in the game.

8. Master Lok says:

logical thinking

So… you admit you've never seen him, and obviously you don't know his drafting report yet you feel compelled to comment about him.

I think your username must be chosen ironically.

9. logical thinking says:

My memory is not the best on this one. It seems to me the Oilers moved up to draft him but he was not even expected to be drafted in the first round, as high as the Oilers did.

I have a gut feeling that Nash will not be a top 6 player. Kind of like the penny stock that is supposed to go the moon but you're stuck holding the bag slowly realizing this is another …

10. EB says:

Nash was 13-11 in faceoffs on Friday.