Things usually go a little crazy by Wednesday of draft week, so consider this a ‘last Chance Texaco’ reminder about some of the really important links to pay attention to leading up to Friday.
- speeds is well along on his first round list and its interesting to see he likes Granlund and Gormley as much as I do, and his thoughts on Connolly are also worth reading.
- YK Oil does brilliant work with the draft and has already been active this week. I find myself visiting his archives for each season’s draft often during the season. Very interesting blog.
- Flaming and Millard don’t get near the respect they’ve earned but the truth is their reviews of last season’s draft were the most worthwhile words devoted to the Oilers over those days in 2009.
- Redline Report does their “draft chat with Kyle” over at USA today this morning at 11. If you can’t make it, they archive it right away. Very insightful stuff available there.
- Also today the HHOF announces their latest names. I hold out little hope for Mark Howe, a bit more for Eric Lindros and would be astounded if Doug Gilmour doesn’t make the grade (he’s a former Leaf, for crying out loud). Howe should have been in long ago, and Lindros should be in too.
It’s a great week to be an Oiler fan, and those have been few and far between since 2006 summer. Enjoy.