The World Juniors take center stage beginning on Boxing Day, and Oiler fans are going to have to check the schedule and programs. There are four Oiler blue to keep an eye on.
Oscar Klebom got a look at things and “talked to Tambellini” while playing a solid game for Sweden against the Canadians last night. Klefbom looked good to me, he was on what looked like the third pairing and was part of the PK rotation. I noticed he seemed to get more shifts as the game wore on and Klefbom was out on the ice during the final minute of play.
He’s a rangy kid, I saw him cheat for offense only once and in fact he re-set for position several times (it looked like he was going against his instincts on 50/50 puck pursuits, etc). Hard to tell by one game but he’s a bigger kid and mobile.
The four lights are:
- Oscar Klefbom, #6 for team Sweden.
- Martin Marincin, #21 for team Slovakia
- Martin Gernat, #25 for team team Slovakia.
- David Musil, #6 for team Czech Republic.
- Peter Loubardias from Future Considerations and other parts of the hockey world. Peter is to junior hockey as the internet is to everything else: an exceptional source and a must read.
- Jason Gregor from the Jason Gregor show. I’ll ask him about his fundraising leading up to Christmas and we’ll discuss the Oilers and what happens from here through the trade deadline.
- Kent Wilson from Flames Nation. Kent will give us the latest on a very nice run by the Flames and we’ll discuss Iginla’s march toward goal number 500.
- Corey Pronman from Hockey Prospectus. Corey will give us the inside scoop on the draft eligibles at this year’s World Juniors.
- Aaron Vickers from Future Considerations. I’ll ask him to give us an overview of the tournament and the favorites to play in the gold medal game.
There are also some irons in the water for other guests as we set the stage for this year’s WJ’s. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can post in the comments section below. I also check ItsNationRadio and I’m at Lowetide_ as well.
Merry Christmas. I want to wish you and your family the best of the season.