I’ll remember the day Jordan Eberle was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers. Wall to wall grin and as we roll along it’s a good starting point for the current cluster. Today or tomorrow or a week from now the Oilers will tell us how bad his current injury is and how long he’ll be gone.
Eberle’s loss is a big one, and of course injuries are beginning to become a prominent theme for this gifted cluster. RNH is already on the shelf from a freak injury and Taylor Hall has missed time in both seasons due to injury (as has Eberle with the current problem).
- Feb 4, 2011: Jordan Eberle misses 13 games with sprained left ankle.
- March 5, 2011: Taylor Hall misses the final 17 games of the 10-11 season with ankle injury.
- Nov 30, 2011: Taylor Hall misses 7 games with shoulder injury.
- Jan 3, 2012: RNH injured and out with a shoulder injury.
- January 2012: Eberle injured and out with knee injury.
We shouldn’t get into the fetal position over this, but injuries to young players are a concern. The future of the Edmonton Oilers sure is getting hurt quite a bit. They’re freak accidents but that doesn’t change their possible impact. We’re lucky in one way: no reported C word, and with Taylor Hall as one of your young guns that’s a shocker.
As for Eberle, we’ll wait to hear and I’ll update as able and know you’ll do the same. I thank you for it.