There are a few items rolling around in my brain, all of them completely reasonable but none (or few) that I can prove. A responsible blogger would table the things he or she can’t prove and then apply logic and reason to the remaining problems. To hell with that noise.
- I would think the Oilers would recall Linus Omark soon here, giving him a chance to get comfortable in a few games before hooking up with Paajarvi after the Hemsky trade. Omark is 2-1-3 +2 in 2 games since returning to action in OKC, I don’t really see any point in waiting to call him back up. Anyone have a thought on this? I mean beyond the fact that he doesn’t appear to be a guy Renney warmed to this past fall?
- Corey Potter must be hurt. Buddy isn’t close to the fellow he was before the injury (and contract) and the contract sure as hell wasn’t the retirement edition. I don’t think Edmonton is helping their situation by playing him if he’s as injured as it appears.
- Steve Tambellini’s quotes were hilarious today. If you read his comments on Gagner and Smyth and then compare them to Hemsky, there should be no question about the direction the Oilers are heading with 83.
- Nice to see some others wondering aloud about the Sutton signing.
- We were told Steve Tambellini’s contract would be renewed awhile ago, with the only gap being term. After that, crickets. It’s a minor thing, I’m sure it’ll be done soon but we were told that before. Interesting is all. Kind of a mystery.