Every fall (well summer, really) I post reasonable expectations. It isn’t an attempt to “guess what they’ll do” but rather set a line in the sand for each player in terms of playing time, status on the roster, and boxcars.
How did RE do this year?
Over the next few weeks, I’ll do a post on each player and their overall performance. Tonight, I’d like to focus on the gifted kids. Their specific RE review is coming, but on a day when we could use some good news (no Tambellini signing yet!) here goes:
- Taylor Hall NHL prediction for 11-12: 70, 32-28-60 (.857)
- Taylor Hall actual numbers for 11-12: 61, 27-26-53 (.869)
Considering what we know now (he was dealing with an ongoing injury) those numbers are superb. His advanced numbers are good and heading in a very good direction, and as we’ve seen since his injury buddy opens up a lot of real estate for the others. A true marvel.
- Jordan Eberle NHL prediction for 11-12: 82, 22-30-52 (.634)
- Jordan Eberle actual numbers for 11-12: 76, 33-42-75 (.987)
What a season! Just outside the league’s top 10 in scoring and the 2nd best offensive player in the NW division. Duplicating these numbers may be a challenge, but a sublime season from a cerebral talent.
- RNH NHL prediction for 11-12: 63gp, 11-23-34 (.540)
- RNH actual numbers for 11-12: 60, 18-33-51 (.850)
Lordy. 18-years old and he posted a strong offensive season. The Nuge’s powerplay prowess is stunning and his ability to make plays in tight places inspiring.
This year’s REs have extremes at both ends, but if you’re looking for sunshine on a cloudy day these three are money.