Thankyou, Elaine. RIP Levon

38 Responses to "Thankyou, Elaine. RIP Levon"

No doubt, off to see his Bessie again.

2. cabbiesmacker says:

Damn. My ears had just healed from the Neil Young bombardings.

While we’re busy exploring out of key vocalists, Bob, Neil, and Levon, is there any chance Merle Haggard might make an appearance? :)

Love Merle. Good idea, maybe we’ll run some by you in the fall. “The WARDEN…”

4. spoiler says:

cabbiesmacker:
    Damn. My ears had just healed from the Neil Young bombardings.

5. DSF says:

Apparently Robertson and Helm had a visit on the weekend after a decades long feud.

6. spoiler says:

Only 1 PP goal this whole series? What, are all the PPs hiding in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia PA?

7. Jordan says:

spoiler:

Of course not – Torres is Chicago this weekend.

There’s dinks all over the place

8. DSF says:

Pitlick with the Barons’ first goal of the playoffs.

Barons outshooting Houston 15-2 in the first period.

9. stevezie says:

Since LT already took the best Band cover, here’s one that’s almost as good and quite thematically appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eZwpHtcK4

10. ASkoreyko says:

DSF:
    Pitlick with the Barons’ first goal of the playoffs.

Barons outshooting Houston 15-2 in the first period.

19-3 now after one.

I hope pitlick can show something here in the playoffs. There was an article in the journal the other day and Josh Green said he has never seen anyone work as hard as pitlick. Said he usually always comes out of the corners with the puck.

It’s not much but we could use a few more guys that fit that descriptor coming down the pipe.

11. cabbiesmacker says:

Love Merle. Good idea, maybe we’ll run some by you in the fall. “The WARDEN…”

You da man LT. I like him too.

“Toooniiiighttttt the LT didn’t let me dooownnn.”

12. cabbiesmacker says:

spoiler: Well Copper & Blue is running with a Woody Guthrie metaphor for the next couple of weeks.

haha. Didn’t listen to a whole lot of Woody but I was exposed to Arlo’s City of New Orleans over and over and over, ad nauseum, driving with my dad. Never had the heart to pay him back later with some Tool at “car” volumes before he passed but knowing my old man he would have just smiled and told me it was pretty good stuff while his ears bled.

13. spoiler says:

cabbiesmacker: haha. Didn’t listen to a whole lot of Woody but I was exposed to Arlo’sCity of New Orleans over and over and over, ad nauseum, driving with my dad. Never had the heart to pay him back later with some Tool at “car” volumes before he passed but knowing my old man he would have just smiled and told me it was pretty good stuff while his ears bled.

Lol, good stuff. To this day, if I’m on a long car trip and Alice’s Restaurant comes on the ole radio, I smile and turn it up.

14. voxwah says:

Barons out shooting Houston 37-9 after 2. 4-0 OKC, Pitlick and Teemu with 2 of the goals.

15. oilersfan says:

I must say I am pretty ticked off that the OKC team isn’t dressing Marincin for this game tonight. What is the point in having your own AHL team when you’re going to dress Dylan Yeo and Dan Ringwald, neither of whom have an Oilers’ contract, both AHL journeymen, ahead of your second best defenseman prospect??

Really really self defeating and borderline stupid.

He can’t be the sixth dman, or dress seven and one less forward so he gets some ice?

16. spoiler says:

All. Braden. Holtby.

17. Gerta Rauss says:

spoiler: All. Braden. Holtby.

…you beat me to it….what does Washington have…like 9 NHL goalies…?

18. DSF says:

oilersfan:

Really really self defeating and borderline stupid.

Maybe the coach wanted to win the game.

oilersfan:

Really really self defeating and borderline stupid.

Todd Nelson knows what he’s doing. You earn your ice time.

The priority right now isn’t Marincin. The priority is Lander, Paajarvi, Pitlick, and Hartikainen leading the Barons to a Calder Cup.

Nelson will have Marincin ready when he gets his shot.

20. spoiler says:

Gerta Rauss: …you beat me to it….what does Washington have…like 9 NHL goalies…?

I know, it’s baffling. Seems like every year they’re introducing us to a new name. The anti-Philly.

Is it just sheer luck when drafting? I mean a guy like Lundqvist comes out of nowhere to become one of the top netminders in the world. Mike Smith and Brian Elliott are having Jekyll and Hyde careers.

The Oil are looking good with that Roy pick right now though.

I guess CHI didn’t like the drama of tying the game with 30sec or 5sec left in the game and went ahead and tied it up 1:40 left.

I can’t believe that PHX is doing as well as they are without Hanzel and Korpakoski.

Even without Hossa, those two, especially Hanzel are crucial to PHX shutting down CHI.

22. bookje says:

Word of advice to everyone out there. If someone is on their deathbed and you are avoiding going to see them for whatever reason (fear, discomfort, worry that you will somehow make things worse,etc.) I highly recommend you go.

23. hunter1909 says:

bookje:

Now he tells me.

24. oilersfan says:

I still think Marincin should have dressed. Yeo and Ringwald are ECHL players who are both in their first full season in the AHL. If it is a priority to develop Paajarvi, Pitlick and Lander I don’t see how developing Marincin is less important. He is being expected to be a top4 dman for the Oilers in a couple of years so isn’t it just as important for him to be playing important playoff games too?

I don’t see why playing two ECHL journeymen who at 26 finally made the AHL is more important to winning or developing future Oilers than playing a future Oilers who is projected to be a key player for the Oilers in two years or so.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

25. fuzzy muppet says:

Reider with ANOTHER Goal and an assist in a 3-2 loss…What a playoff.

There’s NO way he doesn’t get a contract

26. Henry says:

godot10,

Was at the Barons game. Was like okc playing my Mom’s bridge club. Shots ended 48-14 and Hackett was very pissed when he got pulled. Didn’t show at the bench for quite a while.

Outhot about 30-10 in the second and down 3-0 Houston finally gave up on a bad neutral zone trap then immediately gave up another.

Against a minor league team playing without heart it’s hard to extrapolate how the barons guys could look in the show. That said having seen them several times I can say Arcobello and Tremblay have Lots of good sense on both sides of the puck. Decent skaters too but not big enough for edm.

No one challenged plante at all. He is a beast and a cycle stopper. Too bad he is so slow.

Lander scored the same goal as his first with the oilers. Off the right wing on the rush with a rocket under the bar short side. I failed to see mps use his huge speed advantage in this game. Hope there is more tension in the next game.

27. gogliano says:

LT, any thoughts on Reider?

25 points in 13 playoff games to lead the OHL (other than his linemate with two years on him no one comes close) and 10th in OHL regular season scoring. He isn’t big but he isn’t tiny either. Any rumors of Schrempesque ice time or anything of the sort? I haven’t seen him play but it is hard not to think that MBS might have snagged another one when you look at the playoff leaderboard.

28. spoiler says:

oilersfan:

Am I the only one who thinks this?

It’s only game 1.
    He’s the newb.
    And the goal for the Barons right now is to win. They have an obligation to their fans too.

29. stevezie says:

gogliano:
    LT, any thoughts on Reider?

25 points in 13 playoff games to lead the OHL (other than his linemate with two years on him no one comes close) and 10th in OHL regular season scoring.He isn’t big but he isn’t tiny either.Any rumors of Schrempesque ice time or anything of the sort?I haven’t seen him play but it is hard not to think that MBS might have snagged another one when you look at the playoff leaderboard.

Well, defenceman Ryan Murphy comes close. The three of them are all scoring quite nicely, but your point still stands. He’s outscoring Brandon Saad, for example, who is currently in the NHL playoffs.

30. spoiler says:

gogliano:
    LT, any thoughts on Reider?

Didn’t he only have something like 8 power play goals in the regular season? I think I read that somewhere, but have no idea if it’s true. If that’s the case though, very nice.

But Reider’s play would still only mean the Oil got a 2nd rounder in the 4th. Kid has a chance, especially with those hands, but likely will have a Cornet-like career path… A tweener who will need to mature and catch up in age to the pros to have success. Probably will have to find some other skills to have a serious chance at an NHL career.

Never know though, when someone takes steps forward in development, where they might end up.

31. art vandelay says:

Ya just never know when you’ll get another chance to put a pillow over their head.

32. "Steve Smith" says:

art vandelay,

Ladies and gentlemen, your resident Vancouver Canucks fan!

33. Lois Lowe says:

The OKC series is only 5 games and the Barons are starting on the road. I’d say leaving Marincin in the press box is the right call.

34. Ducey says:

Is Marincin eligible to play in the AHL playoffs?

Good question. Was he on the clear day?

Art: Nice. Remember that when you lose a llove one. Ass.

Marincin is eligilbe. Coming from junior or college, one doesn’t have to be on the clear day roster.

37. HeavySig says:

I can’t think of anything to say about Levon Helm that would be better than just listening to his music. Just amazing stuff coming from him over the last half century.

One of the best songs about celebrating life ever made was one Levon wrote for the gospel legends, the Dixie Hummingbirds; “When I Go Away.” He recorded it for himself as well on Electric Dirt.