Bob McKenzie is moments away from his final list. Jon Willis has a fun item up at CULT OF HOCKEY predicting (with early help from Derek Zona) the Oilers picks this draft.
I figured it might be fun to have a lash, so here we go.
- #5 overall: D GRIFFIN REINHART. I think the Oilers decide to trade down and take their version of “cornerstone” defenseman.Big, strong and mobile with a cannon for a shot. Reinhart is not a short term solution and will need time to develop.
- #16 overall:R HENRIK SAMUELSSON. Oilers deal the pick they get from Toronto and their own 2nd rd pick and move up in order to take a power winger with some edge. Samuelsson won’t come quickly but he might just be that prick Edmonton is always looking for in the draft.
- #63 overall: C JIMMY VESEY. Took some time to develop but has a nice resume and might end up emerging a quality offensive player. Vesey is 6.02, 200 so if the scoring falters he might be able to catch on as a 2-way forward with decent hands. Turner 19 last month.
- #91 overall:D ESA LINDELL. With (Jokerit) went 48, 21-30-51 in the Finnish junior league this season and is 6.02, 190. He may end up being that ridiculous offensive talent from the blueline Edmonton needs. His name isn’t as unique as Reijo Ruotsalainen but his numbers scream special.
- #93 overall: F MITCH MOROZ. A guy I’d think Edmonton will take in the third round if they like him, hoping he’ll turn into that big, tough winger who can keep up to the skill guys. He is the player in the photo at the top of this article.
- #123 overall:D CALLE ANDERSON. Impressive defender from the Farjestad factory and might be available in this area. speeds mentioned in the thread below that Redline was disappointed in him this year but at this point in the draft you’re trying to catch lightning in a bottle.
- #153 overall: F FRANCIS BEAUVILLIER He’s a stringbean and doesn’t appear to be a feature player, but he scored 16 even-strength goals in 67 games (tied for 2nd on the team). He’s a terrific skater and apparently played quite a bit on the PK. Might be worth a later selection.